• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips for luigi down b tornado to recovery

TLevis

Smash Rookie
Hello,

When I try to do the Luigi tornado as recovery I always stay at the same height any tips for getting him to rise?

JoeyPlunk

Smash Rookie
When I tornado, I vibrate my thumb almost like a spasm rather than a mash. That works pretty well for me, but do whatever is comfortable. It's gotta be fricken fast, just takes practice. I'd also read through the frame data posted a few days ago, cool and useful.

I know Vudujin switches to his index finger for his tornado (and he gets some unreal height btw) so that may be something to try out as well.

CASHMONEYDOLLABILLS

Smash Cadet
It's hard, I almost dropped Luigi for not being able to do this (like a scrub) and am just going back to him because I have the most fun with him.
Just keep practicing.

The Carpenter

Smash Apprentice
I'm struggling with this too. For me the "vibrate" works well and I usually get the best results with the ball of my thumb. When I do rise I usually rise pretty high but I still fail to rise often. Here's what I do know about the technicalities: it takes at least 6 presses to rise whatsoever and 19 presses provides the max possible height. 4 presses or less and you will actually lose height.

The Carpenter

Smash Apprentice
I found the reason for inconstancy in rising. It is only possible to rise under certain conditions, there is a "charged" and "uncharged" mode to it. Here's the thread I found this info in, go to the bottom where it reads "other useful information." That should explain everything you need to know about rising with the tornado.

http://smashboards.com/threads/rising-cyclone-ptp-frame-data-guide.384946/

Now that I understand how to use it, my recovery game with the Lug has improved massively (no more getting big time punished for green missile onto stage:grin:)

Last edited:

CASHMONEYDOLLABILLS

Smash Cadet
I found the reason for inconstancy in rising. It is only possible to rise under certain conditions, there is a "charged" and "uncharged" mode to it. Here's the thread I found this info in, go to the bottom where it reads "other useful information." That should explain everything you need to know about rising with the tornado.

http://smashboards.com/threads/rising-cyclone-ptp-frame-data-guide.384946/

Now that I understand how to use it, my recovery game with the Lug has improved massively (no more getting big time punished for green missile onto stage:grin:)
Yeah you gotta use it on the ground once to charge it, I think it's like the last frame has to be grounded for it to charge, so you might be able to use it off a side plat and land on the stage before the end of the attack and it's still charged.

The hard part is having a seizure on the B button, and there is no shortcuts.

Def don't green missle on stage unless Misfire / Edge cancel

Top Bottom