• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

tips for king d3

Blade42

Smash Apprentice
hey everyone, just wondering if anyone has had any experience on fighting d3. i have some problems facing my friends d3. i can do ok with squirtle for the most part, and ive been tryin to integrate ivysaur into my play but all my friend does is throw waddle dees and wait for me to come in so he can start his chain grabbing. i try to keep my distance and spam the fair and razor leaf since they both have incredible range but he manages to get through that most of the time. and i havent even attempted using charizard cause i tried once and that just ended up being a chain grab to death.

if anyone knows any tips on fighting d3, please let me know cause i gotta take out the penguin man.

batsman415

Smash Cadet
hmm... youre right, d3 is a tough battle, but i havent encountered too much trouble against him. The problem with offering tips for pokemon trainer is that everyone use P. Trainer different.

fire_wulf

Smash Journeyman
I play PT almost too much... although that is not even possible.

DDD is tough... my favorite and best pokemon right now is ivysaur... You have the right idea with spamming the razor leaf if they spam the waddle dees... just make sure you stay out of the forward tilt range. razor leaf can destroy a camping DDD. Right idea with the fair's as well.. just make sure you start it early enough where you can pull it out and get DDD right at the tip.

Suggestions that i use: one of my favorite approaches is the nair to forward tilt. The nair has almost no landing lag and you can immediatly go into forward tilt. after the tilt i usually standard jab combo and hold it... when he finally DI's away.. chase him with a fair.. .or spam the razor leafs again.
Another trick that i love is the bullet seed. If you can land one... your in good shape.. start it in the air before you land on them... if they are low enough damage and don't smash DI... you put on extreme damage. I once put of 70% because of where i got him in it.
Never forget about the bair with ivysaur... also if DDD ever gets above you... never let him forget it... uair.. usmash.. bullet seed. all of it.
Well that's alot of ivysaur... like i said.. my best.

Squirtle if the standard all airs attacks. use side b to recover if you are up high and he is chasing you.. during it you are completely invincible. u smash to kill once he is high damage.

Charizard is hard to do... i love to approach with nair and go into the jab combos. Grab with charizard and use tilts... gimp with the fair off the level if you can land it. Watch him closely and see if you can get a punishing f smash or rock smash in there.

DDD is a tough battle.. but i have the best luck with ivysaur... then squirtle (watch out for the tilts and smashes)... followed by charizard.

Anyone have anything else to add?

Kemious

Smash Apprentice
Charizard is a huge no for DDD. However if u really have to be him I suggest short fair and Rock Smashs due to thier range.

Blade42

Smash Apprentice
alright thanks guys, ill give these tips a try sometime this week when my friend comes over to play

if any of you guys feel like playin anytime, just send me a request, im always up for a battle

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Squirtle is too good, just learn to use the utilt well and Utilt him all the day, I think it might be one of the most "broken" moves in the game. Just utilt, check DI and follow for another Utilt, and start your fair/baircombos whenever you feel for it, then finnish him of with a Dthrow at 120-140% somewhere...

YSM

Smash Apprentice
Remember to take advantage of Dedede's size. He's friggin enormous. Which means he's VERY easy to hit with Bullet Seed and Squirtle's fair and bair. If your friend doesn't shield-grab often, you can tear him apart with SH fairs with Squirtle. And of course, Bullet Seed him to death. What's particularly nice about Dedede's size is that it allows you to combo to Bullet Seed. Try down throws, up throws, and nairs to Bullet Seed. And try to juggle him often so he can't spam Waddle Dees and chain grab you.

BAND!T

Smash Cadet
sidestep if he starts chaingrabbing. force the sidestep then punish with fsmash. or ftilt. or upsmash. and bulletseed... use it like jiggs rest. but half spammable. powershield. learn it. and bair spam of course. and once you get him off the ledge go for bairs. dont be afraid. this is standard for ivysaur though. but specifically against d3, force him to come to you.. apporach with razor leafs then retreat with bairs. only bait. never come in. unless he wiffed anything. if hes a roller, dsmash to get him away and continue leaves. or you can predict his rolls and sparingly fsmash.

DoubleAced

Smash Apprentice
Squirtle is your best bet. You can get him into high percentages with the turtle and then finish him off with Ivy. When I'm battling DDD, I usually just try to skip Charizard. He's WAY to clumsy and slow for that type of battle.

The best way to get things done with Squirtle is use a bunch of aerials and mindgames. He's slow enough that if you stay close and do a bunch of shellshifting and quick hits he shouldn't have time to react. If you're far off, hydroplaning works wonders.

Top Bottom