• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips for Enjoying PM more?

Malkasaur

Smash Journeyman
So, I'm a Melee player. I've played Melee for 12 years now and I've always loved it. Since PM is similar to Melee, I decided to try it, expecting to love it too. But something just doesn't feel right. Does anyone have any tips for enjoying the game more?

TopKek.GG

スーパー かわいい <3
Maybe you just have to play it more.

PM obviously differs vs. Melee because it's using a different engine, so yeah, it's gonna feel different if you're used to strictly Melee.

If after playing it more and it still doesn't feel right, maybe it's not for you.

:happysheep:

Helsong

Smash Ace
Play a character you don't use in Melee. It'll be more interesting to explore new characters and mechanics, as opposed to trying to play Melee again.

ChiePet

*~About That BASS.~*
NNID
ChiePet
So, I'm a Melee player. I've played Melee for 12 years now and I've always loved it. Since PM is similar to Melee, I decided to try it, expecting to love it too. But something just doesn't feel right. Does anyone have any tips for enjoying the game more?
Take 2 steps to bring back the fun;
1. Melee or not, understand this is Melee with more; more tech, more characters, more MUs, more Stages, ect..
2. Take time to learn/focus on new characters; I'm pretty sure I at one point played the entire roster before rounding myself off to a few, then only to Peach.

Malkasaur

Smash Journeyman
just play ganon and punch everyone's face in.

and float. that's fun, too.
Well, they removed the Warlock Punch and the Up Tilt and replaced both of them with a lame sword. Ganon is ruined. Who cares if he can float? Floating was added with the cost of removing a hype move.

Malkasaur

Smash Journeyman
Okay, I've seen heard the suggestion "Just play a character that you don't play in Melee", and I know that should be a good way to get me into the game but, I just can't find a character that captures my interest. Not even any of the Melee characters.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Well, they removed the Warlock Punch and the Up Tilt and replaced both of them with a lame sword. Ganon is ruined. Who cares if he can float? Floating was added with the cost of removing a hype move.
nope, utilt doesn't have a sword, wrong. do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars.

they replaced a useless move with a move that let's you do stuff.

ganon still crushes heads and you look like a god when you get your hard reads.

you can just float while doing so, now.

also, don't double post, scrub.

Malkasaur

Smash Journeyman
nope, utilt doesn't have a sword, wrong. do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars.

they replaced a useless move with a move that let's you do stuff.

ganon still crushes heads and you look like a god when you get your hard reads.

you can just float while doing so, now.

also, don't double post, scrub.
I meant they tried to replace the hype of Utilt with the sword.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
no, they replaced the hype of utilt with an actual functional move that can be used in a match without the opponent falling asleep.

it sorta sucks that warlock punch got taken out, because you could use that easier (with jumps and turn arounds letting you get into peoples' heads awesomely) but it was also, ultimately, useless. on a character that can't really afford to have useless moves.

Rizner

Smash Ace
Okay, I've seen heard the suggestion "Just play a character that you don't play in Melee", and I know that should be a good way to get me into the game but, I just can't find a character that captures my interest. Not even any of the Melee characters.
Who do you use in melee and what's your play style with them?

CORY

wut
BRoomer
what do you like to do in smash? like, do you like reading people or reacting? do you enjoy long combo strings or a few big hits into a quick reset and repeat? stuff like that.

edit: even something as simple as "i really love grabbing people!"

Last edited:
Top Bottom