• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips for a newbie Sheik

Gavinwie

Smash Rookie
I've been watching competitive melee for a while now, but I've now decided to try to play more competitively. Sheik's combos feel more natural to me, so I've decided to main her. I've pretty much got L-canceling down. What is next for me to learn? My setup isn't the greatest either, I'm currently playing on a GameCube (I have a wii with homebrew channel installed, just need to set it up) using RCA cables on a flatscreen, CRT's are off the table for a while as a month ago, my parents got rid of our CRT. What is my optimal setup until I can get a CRT?

kswef

Button Pressing Master
Maybe the nest step in learning competitive smash is wavedashing, thats what I learned after understanding to L-cancel I think. Also, if you have a non laggy monitor for a pc or a laptop with mininal response time you can play better melee than a flatscreen.

Rpggames77

Smash Journeyman
well it depends on how far you are with learning the basic competitive stuff

iAmMatt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mattgw420
Emulation might be a good alternative for now. I used to play melee through dolphin before I got a crt. All you'll need is a usb adapter.

Top Bottom