• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
So, more of the Fates crew have had their names changed. And just as many people are angry over it.

:135:

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I just found this amazing fanart of Eliwood, Lyn, and Hector as Fates units done by the incredible Polarity Plus!

View attachment 94202

This just got moved directly to the top of my "Next Avatar" list!
Now I wish that Eliwood Hector and Lyn were all recruit able charactars in Fates.

And now I'm sad that they aren't:sadeyes:

LevinViolin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainLinebeck
3DS FC
4038-6039-4160
I never played this game before, but I'm somehow filled with determination.
Should I get Undertale?
I would recommend the game in a heartbeat, but I think it actually depends on how much of the game you actually know about. If you know some of the basic mechanics of the gameplay or only two or three characters then I say you should definitely go for it.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
I never played this game before, but I'm somehow filled with determination.
Should I get Undertale?
I would. It's an interesting experience with a lot of charm and a great soundtrack to boot. Not as great as everyone makes it, but it's a very good game. Fairly priced too, $10.

Smash Ace
NNID
Marki243
3DS FC
4527-8978-8771
I would recommend the game in a heartbeat, but I think it actually depends on how much of the game you actually know about. If you know some of the basic mechanics of the gameplay or only two or three characters then I say you should definitely go for it.
I would. It's an interesting experience with a lot of charm and a great soundtrack to boot. Not as great as everyone makes it, but it's a very good game. Fairly priced too, $10.
I see, maybe I might get it. Depends on whether or not I get Fates first or something else just as costly.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
*sees Orochi is still called Orochi*

:4falcon: H'YES! :4falcon:

I'm so glad that they didn't change Orochi's name so that I can finally make this!

Warriors OROCHI.jpg

Now I wish that Eliwood Hector and Lyn were all recruit able charactars in Fates.

And now I'm sad that they aren't:sadeyes:
Well you never know what future DLC may bring.

Last edited:

Smash Ace
NNID
Marki243
3DS FC
4527-8978-8771
*sees Orochi is still called Orochi*

:4falcon: H'YES! :4falcon:

I'm so glad that they didn't change Orochi's name so that I can finally make this!

View attachment 94299

Well you never know what future DLC may bring.
I like that they already have the DLC list on the website. Just so I can calculate the money I'm throwing away.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
I need an opinion on something. It's awfully late to post this but I figure it would be appropriate since I'll get an answer sooner, likely by morning. Hell, I'm not sure this is the best way to go with what I'm about to say, but I'm going to try and see what happens.

During the time that I've been here, I have enjoyed the company of this social, talking about things of interest and what not. And during that time, well... I developed an attraction for a user that frequents here.

So yeah, I just wanna hear your thoughts on how I should go with this. Hell, feel free to guess who it is, that might actually help me (somehow).

So there's that. In case the above is of little interest (I would love it if I got some help, though. :teeth:), here is a recent video of Xander Mobus voicing lines for Gameasia:

Last edited:

Smash Ace
NNID
Marki243
3DS FC
4527-8978-8771
Best part of my weekend tournament finally got uploaded. Yay Elwind.

Sitting here wishing SoCal wasn't so stacked. I haven't watched the video since it's late, but good job getting to GFs.

I need an opinion on something. It's awfully late to post this but I figure it would be appropriate since I'll get an answer sooner, likely by morning. Hell, I'm not sure this is the best way to go with what I'm about to say, but I'm going to try and see what happens.

During the time that I've been here, I have enjoyed the company of this social, talking about things of interest and what not. And during that time, well... I developed an attraction for a user that frequents here.

So yeah, I just wanna hear your thoughts on how I should go with this. Hell, feel free to guess who it is, that might actually help me (somehow).

So there's that. In case the above is of little interest (I would love it if I got some help, though. :teeth:), here is a recent video of Xander Mobus voicing lines for Gameasia:
Well, I'm no expert when it comes to that type of thing my friend, but I'll say what's on my mind. I would suggest thinking about it, yourself, your relationship, them, and how it may change things. Think about how you feel and what your relationship is. Don't think too hard about, but just keep the ideas and options in mind.
I've never truly fallen in love, nor have I dated anyone before, but that's my take on it.

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

Okay it's real simple, imma walk you through the necessary steps! All ya gotta do is have confidence, charm, and SW4G!
Just look at this image for all the inspiration you will ever need in your life!

Joking aside, I'd say just try talking to them about it in a private conversation and see how they feel and see where your relationship goes from there. Nothing ventured nothing gained as they say!

Alternatively, you could always fall back on pies, that always seems to work out!

Also I have no idea who it might be, can ya give me a hint?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
There are so many fans butthurt over petting being removed...and gay marriage gone to. Is this really the world we live in?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
and gay marriage gone to.
There's been nothing about that going afaik and there's no reason for it go.

The issue with the petting thing is that it's a form of gameplay being cut without any replacement being mentioned.
Of course the other issue there is the conflicting reports.
"It's gone!"
"It's there!"
"It's gone!"
Make your minds up.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
There are so many fans butthurt over petting being removed...and gay marriage gone to. Is this really the world we live in?
I doubt gay marriage is gone. Why would they have gay marriage in for a country that isn't so open about it but remove it for countries where gay marriage is legal.

Rashyboy05

Your Average Touhou fan~
3DS FC
4570-8659-2698
Not really "butthurt" but more annoyed about the fact that Nintendo removed a completely optional minigame that can be ignored for an entire playthrough for no clear reason. I mean, sure, I don't know how you Americans react and handle these kind of stuff but I literally see no problem with a guy/girl touching faces of men and women. Culture sock woes, I guess. Besides, Its pretty much confirmed at this point ( http://nintendoeverything.com/remov...es-petting-mini-game-in-the-west-reconfirmed/ ). We are basically getting a game with less content(I will admit that the petting minigame is pretty pointless though). At this point, I'm just hoping that they found some sort of replacement for the petting feature, otherwise, I'm never going to bother to use 'My House'. Honestly, if there was a feature I wish they got rid in the localization. It would be Phoenix mode because, really, who would be using Phoenix mode when Casual mode already makes the game easier?

and gay marriage gone to
Links or it never happened. Would be really dumb if NOA did censor out gay marriage from the game.

So, more of the Fates crew have had their names changed. And just as many people are angry over it.

:135:
>Benny
>BENNY
Benoit sounds much cooler than Benny imo.
Other than that, the names are pretty fine actually. Wish they didn't unecessarily remove the letter 'u' from Saizou and Kagerou but its fine overall.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Not really "butthurt" but more annoyed about the fact that Nintendo removed a completely optional minigame that can be ignored for an entire playthrough for no clear reason. I mean, sure, I don't know how you Americans react and handle these kind of stuff but I literally see no problem with a guy/girl touching faces of men and women. Culture sock woes, I guess. Besides, Its pretty much confirmed at this point ( http://nintendoeverything.com/remov...es-petting-mini-game-in-the-west-reconfirmed/ ). We are basically getting a game with less content(I will admit that the petting minigame is pretty pointless though). At this point, I'm just hoping that they found some sort of replacement for the petting feature, otherwise, I'm never going to bother to use 'My House'. Honestly, if there was a feature I wish they got rid in the localization. It would be Phoenix mode because, really, who would be using Phoenix mode when Casual mode already makes the game easier?

Links or it never happened. Would be really dumb if NOA did censor out gay marriage from the game.

>Benny
>BENNY
Other than that, the names are pretty fine actually. Wish they didn't unecessarily remove the letter 'u' from Saizou and Kagerou but its fine overall.
B-b-b-Benny and the Jets.... I really hope there's an Elton John reference now. lol

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
There's been nothing about that going afaik and there's no reason for it go.

The issue with the petting thing is that it's a form of gameplay being cut without any replacement being mentioned.
Of course the other issue there is the conflicting reports.
"It's gone!"
"It's there!"
"It's gone!"
Make your minds up.
I must be to young apparently to understand the satisfaction of petting I guess...

And Rashyboy05 Rashyboy05 praline praline I made a mistake about the gay thing...read it wrong(I guess they're only gonna change that lesbian girl's support for being drugged...which is kinda weird)

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
>Benny
>BENNY
There's a very good reason why they changed that. Look up a wrestler named Chris Benoit if you want to know why.

Anyway, I found this recently released GameXplain video showcasing all of the new HW Legends characters on the Wii U!

Unfortunately, according to this buying Legends was necessary to get a code to play as these characters on Wii U, and it would seem that the code doesn't add the new story modes to Wii U at all. Of course, Nintendo could just be waiting to release the new content for Wii U as separate DLC down the line to try and maximize the sales of Legends at release, and who knows how things will turn out once the Western release rolls around. Guess all we can do is wait and see.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Personally, I'd like to think that buying and downloading the opposite FE: Fates game of whatever one you got for half of it's full price is more than enough compensation for FE Amie should it be removed. I know that's not the case, but... :drshrug:

Well, I'm no expert when it comes to that type of thing my friend, but I'll say what's on my mind. I would suggest thinking about it, yourself, your relationship, them, and how it may change things. Think about how you feel and what your relationship is. Don't think too hard about, but just keep the ideas and options in mind.
I've never truly fallen in love, nor have I dated anyone before, but that's my take on it.
Yeah, I have already been casually crunching the numbers, thinking of the circumstaces, outcomes and what not.
Okay it's real simple, imma walk you through the necessary steps! All ya gotta do is have confidence, charm, and SW4G!
Just look at this image for all the inspiration you will ever need in your life!

Joking aside, I'd say just try talking to them about it in a private conversation and see how they feel and see where your relationship goes from there. Nothing ventured nothing gained as they say!

Alternatively, you could always fall back on pies, that always seems to work out!

Also, I have no idea who it might be, can ya give me a hint?
I have considered talking to her directly, but there is one thing that prevents me from doing this because I don't want it to be awkward. Thing is, she's already taken if I recall. Now I don't want to wish ilk on their relationship or anything, I'm just saying that's the big hurdle for me.

True, I can always fall back on pie, like my mom's buttermilk pie. That stuff's divine.

Hints? It's a lovely lady who's over 18. I'll give you that for right now.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
I have considered talking to her directly, but there is one thing that prevents me from doing this because I don't want it to be awkward. Thing is, she's already taken if I recall. Now I don't want to wish ilk on their relationship or anything, I'm just saying that's the big hurdle for me.

True, I can always fall back on pie, like my mom's buttermilk pie. That stuff's divine.

OH! Well that changes everything then.

If she's already in a relationship, then there's not really anything you can do. All you can really do is respect their relationship and try to just move on.
Can someone with photoshop just do me a favor
>Lazlow
You see what I'm saying?
It's already been done...

And even...

Last edited:

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210

If she's already in a relationship, then there's not really anything you can do. Respect their relationship, and if it does eventually come to an end, then approach her and see how she responds to your feelings. Obviously wait awhile if that does happen, because you don't want to rush right in the second after like an insensitive jerk.

And even...

LMAO, THIS IS GREAT, GOD BLESS THE INTERNET

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

If she's already in a relationship, then there's not really anything you can do. Respect their relationship, and if it does eventually come to an end, then approach her and see how she responds to your feelings. Obviously wait awhile if that does happen, because you don't want to rush right in the second after like an insensitive jerk.

And even...

Bruh...why? Why must Nintendo games try to replace Come on and Slam?

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger

And even...

I expected this to happen. I ****ing loved this show!

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301

Forget it. Move on.

That's super harsh and not what you want to hear, but trust me, I know from experience that this **** does not work that way. She will not leave her current SO for somebody else, no matter how much you may pine for her.

I cannot stress this enough: I HAVE BEEN THERE. At least twice. It does make things awkward. Now fortunately the second person I had a crush on was very understanding about the whole thing and is to this day one of my best friends, but it doesn't always happen to be so easy. There's a chance you may burn your bridges with that person for good or cause tensions between the two of you, or goodness forbid, their SO.

That probably won't happen, but it's still not worth it if you ask me. Talk to somebody about it and get this off your chest, but for the love of all that is good and decent, don't be That Guy. No matter how you may see it, you're the third wheel in this paradigm, and it's not right for you to come between two people that have an otherwise healthy and functioning relationship.

For reference, watch 500 Days of Summer. If you identify with Joseph Gordon-Levitt's characters, ABANDON SHIP. DO NOT COLLECT $200. DO NOT PASS GO. RUN WHILE YOU STILL CAN.

Even if you don't, watch it anyway. It's super good.

EDIT: Fixed the first spoiler.

Last edited:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

LousyTactician

There's a red door and I want it painted pink
Forget it. Move on.

That's super harsh and not what you want to hear, but trust me, I know from experience that this **** does not work that way. She will not leave her current SO for somebody else, no matter how much you may pine for her.

I cannot stress this enough: I HAVE BEEN THERE. At least twice. It does make things awkward. Now fortunately the second person I had a crush on was very understanding about the whole thing and is to this day one of my best friends, but it doesn't always happen to be so easy. There's a chance you may burn your bridges with that person for good or cause tensions between the two of you, or goodness forbid, their SO.

That probably won't happen, but it's still not worth it if you ask me. Talk to somebody about it and get this off your chest, but for the love of all that is good and decent, don't be That Guy. No matter how you may see it, you're the third wheel in this paradigm, and it's not right for you to come between two people that have an otherwise healthy and functioning relationship.

For reference, watch 500 Days of Summer. If you identify with Joseph Gordon-Levitt's characters, ABANDON SHIP. DO NOT COLLECT $200. DO NOT PASS GO. RUN WHILE YOU STILL CAN.

Even if you don't, watch it anyway. It's super good.

EDIT: Fixed the first spoiler.
Win knows what's up.

I've asked a girl who was a friend out without knowing she was taken. And while she was fortunately very cool about the whole thing, it was probably because she knew I didn't know she was taken. Even then **** was awkward for me for a few weeks. I can't imagine how worse it would have been if she and I knew she was with someone, and I asked her out regardless.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Okay, so there's this Tyrant that's giving me trouble in Cauldros. Sure, it's only level 39 but it has a lot of health and I lack patience for this particular mission. So I did what any sane person would do and scouted Shulk, Shulk, and Shulk to help me out. I felt that because three Monado Boys would be helping me, I decided that I too must become Shulk.

And before anyone asks the very important question. Yes, we're really feeling it!

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
I'm watching the Pax and niconico streams and the exact same matchup is happening on both...

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Just finished up an online Smash tournament.

Robin and I took first place. I even managed to beat two of the tournament hosts. :bee:

Top Bottom