• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
FE7 logic: Best stat is speed; dies to an enemy with a 38% chance to hit.
upload_2016-1-17_12-24-38.png

It's actually happened at least 5 times.
The worst part is that I can't have an other unit go with her because that would risk them dying to Uhai. (Trust me, I've tried and lost Serra)

Edit: And right after that I am blessed by RNGsus and get a crit.
Makes sense.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I kinda feel bad for having to move Robin to secondary but I still like to play them a lot I just can't play as them as well as my other mains. And never fear, I'm never going to leave this thread.

LevinViolin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainLinebeck
3DS FC
4038-6039-4160
Well, the final chapter seems to not like me considering I've already had three deaths (Uhai hit Serra twice, And Ursula and Kenneth got crits that I could hardly even tell were crits on Raven and Lucius respectively.)
I guess they require you to use Athos for a reason.

I'm going to have a bad time aren't I?:(:c:sadeyes::nervous::sadsheep::(:c:sadeyes:
I haven't commented on your updates up until now just because it's been so long since I've played FE7 I barely remember all of it. I do remember the last chapter though, and how tough the last boss is. In my experience Lyn was my star player in combating the final boss; this is funny to me because I usually hear people talking about how useless Lyn is. I never arena abused on my only run, so Lyn and Athos were the only two that weren't one round KO'd.

Good luck! You can do it! Hopefully Rebecca stops dying.

OMG IT'S SNOWING! TIME TO BUST OUT DEM CHRISTMAS SONGS!
...What do you mean it's way past Christmas?

IT AIN'T CHRISTMAS UNTIL CORRIN DLC IS RELEASED.
legit tho, a friend of mine is buying the DLC for me for a late Christmas present.
The snow already melted where I am. :urg:
Oh well, hopefully we'll get more on Friday. :bee:

I bought Ryu as a late Christmas present for one of my friends who's wanted him since launch.
Giving feels good, even when it's not the season. :shades:

Beginning to think i should move ike to pocket.
I love Ike in this game. I picked him up ever since I found out they changed Eruption to be blue (like it should've always been). Comboing with him feels so satisfying, and I love getting into situations where I can gamble with up smash.
Was Ike one of your mains, secondaries, or are you just now picking him up?

I kinda feel bad for having to move Robin to secondary but I still like to play them a lot I just can't play as them as well as my other mains. And never fear, I'm never going to leave this thread.
Robin will always be in your heart. :lick:

Good gravy, I didn't mean to reply to this many posts. Everybody has stuff I wanna talk about! :bluejump:

Anyways, I've had a few matches with someone in this thread every Sunday I've been here thus far, and I'm not ready to end my streak yet! Anyone up for a few games?

AmericanDJ

NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I haven't commented on your updates up until now just because it's been so long since I've played FE7 I barely remember all of it. I do remember the last chapter though, and how tough the last boss is. In my experience Lyn was my star player in combating the final boss; this is funny to me because I usually hear people talking about how useless Lyn is. I never arena abused on my only run, so Lyn and Athos were the only two that weren't one round KO'd.

Good luck! You can do it! Hopefully Rebecca stops dying.
Well Lyn isn't really useless at all. She just doesn't have the highest damage output or defense or Hp.

So far Hector and Athos have been the only to characters to survive a hit from the Fire Dragon (Canas could also survive one hit but he ran out of uses for his Luna and it was able to get a second hit on him. Luckily since I'm playing on VC I have restore points.).

And Rebecca stopped dying after a while.

Last edited:

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
I love Ike in this game. I picked him up ever since I found out they changed Eruption to be blue (like it should've always been). Comboing with him feels so satisfying, and I love getting into situations where I can gamble with up smash.
Was Ike one of your mains, secondaries, or are you just now picking him up?
One of my mains. I might atcually just demote him to a secodary and bring villager out of the pocket if I get back to my early 3ds level as him again.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
I don't even play Robin but primarily hang here, dont worry lol.
I don't always play Robin, but when I do, I play the red palette :secretkpop:

But seriously the red one is great because Anna is great~

You shouldn't feel bad, after all character loyalty isn't that existent in real life :happysheep:

I mean, I'm thinking of dropping Puff because I'm am sick of dying at 20% because of a whiffed rest and she isn't getting ANY attention from Sakurai.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
TMNT:Mutants in Manhattan
Which is good why?

Sounds like people who said to me 'why play Marth or Roy when you can play Cloud now? It's just the same character but better'

and then me going....uhh....okay.....*walks away slowly*
Okay whoa. Just whoa.

That's like saying Little Mac is a clone of Captain Falcon. Or Ryu.

Some of their older staff members have helped with FFVI, Chrono Trigger, and Secret of Mana I believe. But Monolith Studio is best known for Xenogears and the Xenosaga trilogy. You know the lifeholds? The shape of it is based on the Zohar, which is a common symbol in Xenosaga and the previous Xenos have all included mech combat in their games. There are a few other similarities between the newer Xeno games and the older ones but I won't get to them.
Oh cool. Wait, did they also help with FFVII? Or DQ9?

Oh, there have been other Xeno games? I remember seeing there was a tv series but I didn't know Chronicles was other part of a bigger series. That's awesome.

Shulk I can understand...but Marth?
Not even Shulk.

:135:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

They're the devs.
Okay. I'm lost.

Know that TMNT hasn't had a good stretch of games lately but is this new one so rumoured game that is meant to be the TMNT of TMNTs or a remake of one of the old ones with a good developer?

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
Okay. I'm lost.

Know that TMNT hasn't had a good stretch of games lately but is this new one so rumoured game that is meant to be the TMNT of TMNTs or a remake of one of the old ones with a good developer?

Platinum Games has a REALLY SOLID STREAK when it comes to making good games. but then again they did make that one Korra game, which I don't think did too well.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Okay. I'm lost.

It's its own game based on the IDW comic run like Platinum's Transformers Devastation was based on the G1 Transformers.
And Platinum literally make some of the most fun games in existence from Okami, Viewtiful Joe and Devil May Cry to Metal Gear Rising, Bayonetta and Madworld.
The devs are why people are hyped. We might actually get a good TMNT game again after a few years of mediocrity.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Platinum Games has a REALLY SOLID STREAK when it comes to making good games. but then again they did make that one Korra game, which I don't think did too well.
It's its own game based on the IDW comic run like Platinum's Transformers Devastation was based on the G1 Transformers.
And Platinum literally make some of the most fun games in existence from Okami, Viewtiful Joe and Devil May Cry to Metal Gear Rising, Bayonetta and Madworld.
The devs are why people are hyped. We might actually get a good TMNT game again after a few years of mediocrity.
Okay, so hype cause it could be a good TMNT after bad ones for a long time.

Cool. Probable won't get.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Okay, so hype cause it could be a good TMNT after bad ones for a long time.

Cool. Probable won't get.

Pretty much(and Nickelodeon needs a good game after years of bad one)
I love TMNT, but I'm more hyped that Platinum's developing the game tbh.
Platinum Games will save TMNT games all across the world(even though the mobile ones are fun, they're not really TMNT games like Turtles in Time)
We can ignore that(Activision got in the way, and Nick is kinda bias towards Avatar stuff ever since the Last Airbender movie)
Which is good why?

Not even Shulk.

1. Just because I'm lazy to do double quotes for this post(making 3), and I want to add a new reason to why it's good...IDW TMNT+Platinum Games+Success of the NickTurtles(including erch and awards)=Beauty in a Half-Shell
2. I choose Shulk because he's the only Blond anime looking character that's always looking anime(Link was excluded because of this). That, and the swords are specials(haven't played Xenoblade nor Final Fantasy 7, so don't quote me on this)

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Oh cool. Wait, did they also help with FFVII? Or DQ9?

Oh, there have been other Xeno games? I remember seeing there was a tv series but I didn't know Chronicles was other part of a bigger series. That's awesome.
I'm pretty sure they weren't involved with FFVII or DQ9. There is no tv series for the Xeno games (don't confuse it with Xenomorphs). Well...I think there was a really, really short anime series but we all agree not to talk about it and forget it exist.

To be clear, Chronicles, outside of the very rare homages, have absolutely no relation to the previous Xeno games. Monolith Soft just really like the prefix Xeno- since it sounds exotic. In fact, Xeno is Greek for "foreign," hence the basis for words like "Xenophobic" and "Xenophile."

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Looking at this "Top 10 worst Nickelodeon shows"...omg there's so many of them

Nah

Smash Champion
I got the Skell flight module today. Now basically everything is explorable :)

You know the lifeholds? The shape of it is based on the Zohar, which is a common symbol in Xenosaga and the previous Xenos have all included mech combat in their games. There are a few other similarities between the newer Xeno games and the older ones but I won't get to them.
You mean like the pod you come out from in the very beginning of the game and the other ones scattered around that area? I'll have to go back and look that them again, I somehow didn't pick up on that.

Also the cockpit of a Skell looks very similar to the cockpit of an E.S.

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
FE7 logic: Best stat is speed; dies to an enemy with a 38% chance to hit.
View attachment 92674

It's actually happened at least 5 times.
The worst part is that I can't have an other unit go with her because that better would risk them dying to Uhai. (Trust me, I've tried and lost Serra)

Edit: And right after that I am blessed by RNGsus and get a crit.
Makes sense.
It's actually better this rather than get hit by a 1% crit from an attack with 10% chance to hit:sadsheep:

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
Isai SD'd against Wangera, KNOCKING HIMSELF OUT OF THE TOURNAMENT!

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Beginning to think i should move ike to pocket.
Either Ike or Cloud(you seem like you'd use both)
I haven't seen you here since the day Gravity Falls was confirmed to be ending(so a very long time). How you doin?

AmericanDJ

NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
upload_2016-1-17_16-29-1.png

Just like Wallace stole Lyn's glory back in chapter 10, Canas does the same to Eliwood by using his last Luna on the final boss.

Overall, I enjoyed my experience with the game. There were some hurdles in trying to be it, but I had a good time doing it.

At the end of the game, it was kind of sad seeing Athos die and Nills and Ninian leave. (Why can't Athos stay?:sadsheep:)
I also kind of wish that I had gotten more paired endings other that Nills and Ninian and Pent and Louise but I'm glad that I still got these 2. (And I found that the supports between them were really interesting.)
upload_2016-1-17_16-38-25.png

upload_2016-1-17_16-38-39.png

I honestly never would have guessed that Florina and Lyn would have an ending together.

Canas's ending.
The part where it mentions him canonically dying just makes me sad considering how good of a unit he was.

All in all, I enjoyed the gameplay and the story(and the music) while playing it and I want to play the rest of the series. I eventually plan on playing Hector mode but I doubt I can beat it before Fates comes out.
It's actually better this rather than get hit by a 1% crit from an attack with 10% chance to hit:sadsheep:
A thing like that actually happened once on chapter 27 against Sain. (He was against the Berserker with the sword slayer.)
Also I don't think I ever welcomed you. Welcome to the RST!

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
I got the Skell flight module today. Now basically everything is explorable :)

You mean like the pod you come out from in the very beginning of the game and the other ones scattered around that area? I'll have to go back and look that them again, I somehow didn't pick up on that.

Also the cockpit of a Skell looks very similar to the cockpit of an E.S.
Yep. Here's a picture for comparison's sake.

upload_2016-1-17_17-58-15.jpeg

Re: Skells

While I still personally prefer the Xenosaga series over the Chronicles series (which I still enjoy to be clear), mech combat does feel A LOT better in XCX. It actually has the weight that makes you feels like you're controlling an actual mech. I like to name and color my skells after the E.S. crafts (E.S. Dinah, E.S. Reuben, etc.). I also tried to make a Kos-mos avatar, lol.

D

Deleted member

Either Ike or Cloud(you seem like you'd use both)

I haven't seen you here since the day Gravity Falls was confirmed to be ending(so a very long time). How you doin?
I'm doing fine, just working a whole bunch which is why I haven't been posting a lot as of late.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Can someone help me find Elma's heart to heart missions. I've mange to find her 4th one but non of the the others. Do i just need to walk around NLA and find people with Yellow Smily faces and hope that it updates?

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Can someone help me find Elma's heart to heart missions. I've mange to find her 4th one but non of the the others. Do i just need to walk around NLA and find people with Yellow Smily faces and hope that it updates?

The first is in the Industrial District just before the West Gate. It shows up in the afternoon.

The second is near the Water Plant (east side) in Residential. It shows up at night and you need to have a cat in the Barracks.

The third is in Commercial, a little further up the road from the hotel on East Melville. It shows up in the morning.

The forth is on the Ma-non ship's starboard side, left of the entrance into it. It shows up in the evening.

The fifth and final one is in the Barracks and it appears at night.

Note that you need to have the appropriate affinity level in order for them to appear (1 full heart = 1st Hth, 2 full = 2nd, etc.).

As for your second question, you CAN, but it would be easier just to search up the locations.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

RobinOnDrugs

well damn

Dabuz finally beat Nairo
Dabuz has been on a roll lately. It was only a matter of time before he came back to Nairo's level.

Now can he beat ZeRo, Ranai, or whoever makes it to grand finals?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'm doing fine, just working a whole bunch which is why I haven't been posting a lot as of late.
Well that's good to know
Dabuz has been on a roll lately. It was only a matter of time before he came back to Nairo's level.

Now can he beat ZeRo, Ranai, or whoever makes it to grand finals?
Nairo is probably disappointed

RobinOnDrugs

Despite an impressive run, Dabuz loses to ZeRo once more. And even after having his streak broken, ZeRo has proven that he's still the best player in the Sm4sh competitive scene.

Holy crap was the Genesis 3 Sm4sh Tournament awesome!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Earth and Rain are the best japanese Smash 4 players in this whole tournament...to bad ZeRo won instead of Dabuz though.

Top Bottom