• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
GGs Célja Célja ! Thanks, even though mis-inputs are the very bane of my existence. I would accept any advice you could give me.[/USER]
Yeah, those miss-inputs were pretty unfortunate for the both of us.

First of all I want to say that your spacing on your aerials was pretty on point, it was hard to get in at you at times. You also displayed a lot of stage awareness on places like Delfino and Smashville which took me off guard a bit. You were good at catching the books and things so don't need to worry about that.

The only couple things I'd suggest is maybe to go offstage a bit more to go for an edge guard. If you catch me with a nair or anything in attempts to stage spike me, that would put a lot more pressure on me when trying to recover. Nosferatu is a bit more situational and shouldn't be overused much, but I think it still wouldn't hurt to use it a little more than what you did. You didn't seem to use it a whole lot and that can also put some pressure on me about when to put my shield up. You did really well though about not getting caught on a platform above me with your shield up. 8 times out of 10 I missed Nosferatu because you knew better then to sit in place like that.

Your grab game was nice. I got caught in a lot of grabs but when it came to securing a kill with one you didn't have a whole lot of luck. Just throwing out a little tip that I do is if the opponent is at mid to high percents, I'll do the Down Throw but instead of going for the Up Air, I'll try to read an air dodge and go for a F-smash. I mainly keep that as a mixup option just in case I notice they like to airdodge a lot.

One thing to point out on the Robin ditto itself though. I know Arcthunder has gotten a lot better and more useful now, but it's still something to use with caution in the ditto. Literally every projectile Robin has will pretty much negate the Arcthunder so you'd be better off going with either Elthunder or Thoron. Elthunder is starting to confuse me now because before I thought it got stopped by Arcfire, but now sometimes it will go straight through it.

It might have just been me and I should probably go back and rewatch those matches, but it looked as if you weren't using Up-Air all that much. I'm sure it goes without saying but Up Air is an amazing move. (My friends like to call it the "every air" due to the amount of range it has.) Go ahead and add Nair to the list of things to use more because I think Nair is our best friend when it comes to edge guarding.

Overall though I think your Robin itself was in very good shape. Perhaps just work on being a little more patient, utilizing more Nair and UpAir, maybe Nosferatu. Could stand to go for some Arcfire on the ledges a bit more, that adds a lot of pressure and coverage for ledge options. Don't be too afraid to go offstage a bit more with Robin, he's got some good tools for edgeguarding.

Last edited:

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I don't know why but I feel more enlightened after writing all that up.

I'm not sure if it was just passing along knowledge and tips, or that I was just writing about the character and things Robin can do. Either way it felt really good to write all that stuff. Robin's such a fun character and goodness I love playing them.

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
@anyone who has or is currently maining marth
I have never related to a smash video so much before
mainly because I too, have almost completely dropped Falcon for Marth
Other than that this video is just, well
fabulous

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
I know, I've seen that video 3 times now (ProtonJon is best LPer).

That game is a national treasure.

-MEANWHILE!-
I found leaked footage of the ballot winners reveal trailer!

He'd be a really useful addition to smash. :p
My childhood....
Mine as well...

Oh can we talk about jazz stuff again? I absolutely love this.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Oh please there is no such thing. all boobs are great but you can never have enough of them unless they're hairy dude boobs :v

In other news, how do you girls survive, I haven't got the money to spend >£5 on a bottle of shampoo, but all man haircare stuff is meant for short hair q.q

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Oh please there is no such thing. all boobs are great but you can never have enough of them unless they're hairy dude boobs :v

In other news, how do you girls survive, I haven't got the money to spend >£5 on a bottle of shampoo, but all man haircare stuff is meant for short hair q.q
Butts are better. With boobs you end up looking like Samus or Palutena....hairy boobs are disturbing...NEVER AGAIN

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Butts are better. With boobs you end up looking like Samus or Palutena....hairy boobs are disturbing...NEVER AGAIN
Both are good. That said are you trying to imply that samus/palutena are purely boobs? because there's some decent booty to be had there too.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Both are good. That said are you trying to imply that samus/palutena are purely boobs? because there's some decent booty to be had there too.
Palutena no, Samus...in her suit...yes...no suit no.

The best booty is probably Wii Fit, Samus, Palutena and...JK it's all Peach.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
I dunno, I have always viewed Palutena as more of a hips and thighs kind of woman and ZSS just looks good in skintight attire period.

Gemneye

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xdragonfireboix
Does anyone want to start their day right by bodying me in a couple games of Smash? :p

Last edited:

CommanderRin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Susazu-And-Rin
Paluwaifu has best everything don't try and make excuses.

Meanwhile Esam claims that SonicAdventure2 Knuckles ost is bad.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Paluwaifu has best everything don't try and make excuses.

Meanwhile Esam claims that SonicAdventure2 Knuckles ost is bad.
ESAM is that type of dude who said Ryu was bottom tier. Don't listen to what he says, m8

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Does anyone want to start their day right by bodying me in a couple games of Smash? :p
I'm down for a few. Won't be able to play long since I'm going to help my dad winterize the RV in a little while.

D

Deleted member

@anyone who has or is currently maining marth
I have never related to a smash video so much before
mainly because I too, have almost completely dropped Falcon for Marth
Other than that this video is just, well
fabulous
Ayyy thanks for that fabulous video.
Seems I have made the right decision in maining Marth~

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Keep in mind he plays a character that absolutely bodies Ryu.

Then again Pumpkin hill is pretty great
Pikachu can body almost anyone on the roster not named Sheik and Zero Suit Samus.

****ing Rosalina have a hard time against that yellow rat.

Robin gets annihilated by Pikachu in most cases and ESAM believes he's pretty much top 15 (which I love Robin but he's barely Top 20 IMO)

CommanderRin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Susazu-And-Rin
Pikachu can body almost anyone on the roster not named Sheik and Zero Suit Samus.

****ing Rosalina have a hard time against that yellow rat.

Robin gets annihilated by Pikachu in most cases and ESAM believes he's pretty much top 15 (which I love Robin but he's barely Top 20 IMO)
Robin's advantage can qualify as top 20 imo. Only thing bringing Robin down is a pretty terrible disadvantage state (easily abused recovery) imo.

Last edited:

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581

I had a giggle c:

Nah

Smash Champion
Eggman still has the best character theme out of all of them in SA2

Pumpkin Hill is pretty good tho