• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
OH GOD I DON'T KNOW HOW TO DEAL WITH :4sheik: AS :4robinm:

Please send help

BindingShield

Smash Journeyman
NNID
M2TheC
That's great.......

but still really doesn't answer either of the questions.

What is XCOM btw?
X-Com stands for eXtraterrestrial Combat unit.

Xcom is a turn based strategy game where the player is the Great Commandy One, the leader of a United Nation's sponsored anti alien force fighting off an alien invation.

You control 4-6 dudes each mission(you have more at the base) and have to fight against the gradually strengthening alien menace in a turn based- Cover Flanking Strategy game. You then harvest alien corpses, weapons and technology and use it to develop weapons, graft alien tissues into your soldiers, create cyber suits or sell on the Grey Market for some cold, hard cash.

There's permadeath! Hooray!

He can rename you anytime. And you aren't actually playing anything. At no point will you touch the computer. Your avatar in game may be shot by thinmen but that's about it.

Last edited:

Soul.

Sheik destroys Robin; it's sad, but obvious. I know nothing about the latter, but their attributes don't help them in this MU. Sheik can literally spam Needle Storm, FAir, then go camp with Needle Storm, repeat, Bouncing Fish.

... Fret not, for that's also obvious for every other character in the game that isn't Sheik herself.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
X-Com stands for eXtraterrestrial Combat unit.

Xcom is a turn based strategy game where the player is the Great Commandy One, the leader of a United Nation's sponsored anti alien force fighting off an alien invation.

You control 4-6 dudes each mission(you have more at the base) and have to fight against the gradually strengthening alien menace in a turn based- Cover Flanking Strategy game. You then harvest alien corpses, weapons and technology and use it to develop weapons, graft alien tissues into your soldiers, create cyber suits or sell on the Grey Market for some cold, hard cash.

There's permadeath! Hooray!
Oh, i see. Does look like an interesting game. Though I don't like the sound of permadeath......

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
Trying to learn a characters MU that you forgot was in the game be like
WiiU_screenshot_TV_0144F.jpg

Don't you love fighting characters who you forgot was even in the game.

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
If I may, I'd like to take a moment of everyones time to appreciate just how beautiful the artwork is for the Fire Emblem Cipher TCG. These two especially stood out to me (as you can tell by my shiny new avatar) of our newest FE Avatar, Kamui!

Robin social in a nutshell. XD
Robin Social imo
Hey guys, I'm currently downloading a good old classic of a game, Master of Orion II. MOO2 has long been regarded as the gold standard of Space 4X games and despite numerous attempts, no one has been able to top it. With any luck, the reboot coming soon will be able to do just that, but I digress.

If I were to stream this, would anyone be interested in watching?? If I can get enough people saying they'd be interested, I'll do some streaming.

Also, if folks were interested, I'd also be willing to violate the Golden Rule of XCOM. That rule being "Never name your soldiers after your friends. XCOM doesn't care." I would take volunteers from the R.S.T (and the Z.S.T since they lurk here quite often) and place them in a game of XCOM Enemy Within and stream that. If people were interested. I'd need at least 6 volunteers to get this ball rolling (since the maximum size of the team is 6).

If you're interested in joining an XCOM Enemy Within stream, please flag me in a post (I don't always ready the entirety of thread) with the following information:

Soldier First Name
Soldier Nickname
Soldier Last Name
Preferred Nationality (Go here for a list.)
Preferred Classes (Go here for a list. And please rank the classes in order of preference)
Preferred Gender (Male or Female)
Again, if I get at least 6 volunteers I will run this stream. I can't make any promises on the classes given the RNG, but I may be able to find and do something to fudge the Nationalities in our favor.
Soldier First name:xXYOLO
Nickname:SWAGIN
Last name:ABOXXx
Nationality: :secretkpop:
Classes: Assault, because I go ham. Sniper works too, but if you really hate me, make me a heavy

@ Arc_Thunder Arc_Thunder This may not be the ZST, but corn syrup knows no bounds
upload_2015-7-24_0-41-53.png

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Soldier First Name: Peter
Soldier Nickname: The General
Soldier Last Name: Van Doorn
Preferred Nationality: Any
Preferred Classes: Assault with all crit skills. Support with covering fire and all over watch skills (Which ones are those? I've been playing with training roulette for so long.). He's going to have ALL THE FUN!
Preferred Gender Male

Soldier First Name: Bradford
Soldier Nickname: Turtleneck
Soldier Last Name: Central
Preferred Nationality: USA!
Preferred Classes: Sniper or Assault. (Close Range?)
Preferred Gender: Male

Soldier First Name: Santa
Soldier Nickname: Shiv-Father
Soldier Last Name: Shen
Preferred Nationality: Any
Preferred Classes: Mec Trooper!

Soldier First Name: Queen
Soldier Nickname: KGB
Soldier Last Name: Vahlen
Preferred Nationality: Swiss (Netherlands? German? No clue what that accent is.)
Preferred Classes: Heavy ->non negotiable.
Preferred Gender: Female
Which one of these do you want to represent you. One soldier per person dude!

Cool. Just a few Things

1) do I have to play the game or anything?

2) Can I get rid of my nickname and change my last Name to Hero instead of ?Hero
1) No, you watch me stream it.

2) Yes. Just post what you want.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Soldier First name:xXYOLO
Nickname:SWAGIN
Last name:ABOXXx
Nationality: :secretkpop:
Classes: Assault, because I go ham. Sniper works too, but if you really hate me, make me a heavy
Sorry, but some grinning chick from the Z.S.T Exclusive Emote Pictures File doesn't tell me anything. Also, I think you need to rethink your names.

Last edited:
Sorry, but some grinning chick from the Z.S.T Exclusive Emote Pictures File doesn't tell me anything. Also, I think you need to rethink your names.
Alright, if you're wanting to get all serious
First name: Jefferson
Nickname: secretkpop
Last name: Steelflex
Nationality: I really don't care, whatever would be the easiest for you.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
C) Raz - ee - ECKH* (How I currently pronounce it)

*Subtle Jontron Reference
I always pronounced it as Raz-EE-Eck.
These two are correct.

I've tried for years to get Croi to say it right when he's on commentary but Rah-zay-eck is too ingrained in him at this point.

One of my nicknames is Razzy, which should give you the idea of the proper pronounciation. Razzy-eck. (Yes, basically like Jontron.)

It's about a 5 hour drive for me. I know a lot of people around here are going. If you know for sure you can go, let me know... I can do it if I plan ahead, though I wasn't going to initially.
I am currently at like 90% sure I will be going. As soon as I can talk to my supervisor at work and confirm my ability to get the time off, I'd be booking the flight.

And he went out of his way to make sure I got time off for EVO, so that's a pretty likely thing.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
If I may, I'd like to take a moment of everyones time to appreciate just how beautiful the artwork is for the Fire Emblem Cipher TCG. These two especially stood out to me (as you can tell by my shiny new avatar) of our newest FE Avatar, Kamui!

Okay... They will do first a Fates Pack? Makes sense, but I don't like that idea.

Arc_Thunder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ichuchu

that's some nice artwork right there.

OsirisOda

Dark Cloud
I'm sorry @ Kenith Kenith but... I still think Sakura is cuter.

Elise - "From now on, we'll always be together, onee-chan! I'm so happy!"

Sakura - "I'm glad I can go with you, nee-sama! Please treat me well!"

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
OK, Update Time:
Soldier First Name: Beni
Soldier Nickname: Ben
Soldier Last Name: Shikinami
Preferred Nationality: Australian mate
Preferred Classes: Assault, Heavy, Sniper.
Preferred Gender: anything tbh because there's no gender neutral option smh

First Name: Chinigan
Last Name: Winagain
Nickname: Ross
Preferred Nationality: British
Classes: Sniper, Heavy

Soldier First Name: Raziek
Soldier Nickname: Raz
Soldier Last Name: Arisu
Preferred Nationality: Canadian, obv
Preferred Classes: Assault, Support, Sniper

First Name: Space
Middle Name: Stranger
Last Name: Woody
Sniper
Freedomland

First name: Arc
Middle name: _
Last name: Thunder
The rest you can do whatever with.

Soldier: Spiral
Soldier Nickname: Spiral
Soldier Last Name: Galaxies
Preferred Nation: Canada, the best North American Country.
Preferred Classes: 1) Sniper 3) Support 4-6) Don't like any of the rest so no preference after the first 3
Preferred Gender : Male!

First Name: Unknown
Last Name: ?Hero
Nickname: Hero
Preferred Nationality: Australia
Preferred Class: Assault

Nickname: Secretkpop

All I need is @ BindingShield BindingShield to get me his one and I will start this up.

For the record, with nine people, I'm going to close registration for now. Anymore and it'll make setting it up that much harder. There's a good chance I'll accept more people once this actually gets rolling, but for now, that's it. If you're interested, just hang in there. I'll be accepting more later on.

Arc_Thunder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ichuchu
OK, Update Time:
Soldier First Name: Beni
Soldier Nickname: Ben
Soldier Last Name: Shikinami
Preferred Nationality: Australian mate
Preferred Classes: Assault, Heavy, Sniper.
Preferred Gender: anything tbh because there's no gender neutral option smh

First Name: Chinigan
Last Name: Winagain
Nickname: Ross
Preferred Nationality: British
Classes: Sniper, Heavy

Soldier First Name: Raziek
Soldier Nickname: Raz
Soldier Last Name: Arisu
Preferred Nationality: Canadian, obv
Preferred Classes: Assault, Support, Sniper

First Name: Space
Middle Name: Stranger
Last Name: Woody
Sniper
Freedomland

First name: Arc
Middle name: _
Last name: Thunder
The rest you can do whatever with.

Soldier: Spiral
Soldier Nickname: Spiral
Soldier Last Name: Galaxies
Preferred Nation: Canada, the best North American Country.
Preferred Classes: 1) Sniper 3) Support 4-6) Don't like any of the rest so no preference after the first 3
Preferred Gender : Male!

First Name: Unknown
Last Name: ?Hero
Nickname: Hero
Preferred Nationality: Australia
Preferred Class: Assault

Nickname: Secretkpop

All I need is @ BindingShield BindingShield to get me his one and I will start this up.

For the record, with nine people, I'm going to close registration for now. Anymore and it'll make setting it up that much harder. There's a good chance I'll accept more people once this actually gets rolling, but for now, that's it. If you're interested, just hang in there. I'll be accepting more later on.
You can make my nickname ArcThunder and nationality Canadian.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
You can make my nickname ArcThunder and nationality Canadian.
Arc "ArcThunder" Thunder?
How about Arc "The Thunder" Thunder?
And can do on Canadian.

As for the rest of you (@ Raziek Raziek , @ Arc_Thunder Arc_Thunder , @ r_greening1 r_greening1 , @Space Stranger, @ SpiralGalaxies SpiralGalaxies , @Ultimastrike @ The Merc The Merc , @ BindingShield BindingShield , @Benishigure) (Yes, I did that to get your attention and so I could have all of your names in one easy to find spot)

Here are the rules:

1. I save scum. Get used to it.
2. Because I save scum, no one will die (at least not permanently).
3. Because no one will die permanently, but because people want to see death, I will keep a death tally; anytime someone dies, I make a note (not mental) of how many times each person dies. After I beat the game, I will post the final death tallies.
4. I promise not to intentionally kill anyone (thought it may look like that from time to time).
5. Please watch the stream! I will be reluctant to put you in if you aren't watching!
6. Please be active in the stream! Sign up for twitch! That way, you can chat!
7. We will be raiding. Be ready!
8. All skills, base building, research, building and outfitting is my call. So yes, one of the supports WILL be The Medic.

Here's how this is going to work out:
I'm going to do my best to set everything up. This will probably involve me starting and restarting a new game in XCOM many, many, many a few times. Once I have everything set up, I will post the first stream date and time. During that first stream, we will go over everyone's appearance (again, more reason to be there watching and to sign up for twitch to chat!). If you aren't able to chat for appearance set up, I make no guarantees on how your solder will look. If that means hot pink hair and armor, you better believe you will be that soldier. Once everyone is looking suitably bad ass, we'll start doing stuff. After that, it's just a "smooth" ride to total victory. Which is odd because in XCOM 2, XCOM actually fails in the first game. Oh well! We'll do it again for XCOM 2 anyways! Count on it!

Last edited:

Arc_Thunder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ichuchu
Arc "ArcThunder" Thunder?
How about Arc "The Thunder" Thunder?
And can do on Canadian.

As for the rest of you (@ Raziek Raziek , @ Arc_Thunder Arc_Thunder , @ r_greening1 r_greening1 , @Space Stranger, @ SpiralGalaxies SpiralGalaxies , @Ultimastrike @ The Merc The Merc , @ BindingShield BindingShield , @Benishigure) (Yes, I did that to get your attention and so I could have all of your names in one easy to find spot)

Here are the rules:

1. I save scum. Get used to it.
2. Because I save scum, no one will die (at least not permanently).
3. Because no one will die permanently, but because people want to see death, I will keep a death tally; anytime someone dies, I make a note (not mental) of how many times each person dies. After I beat the game, I will post the final death tallies.
4. I promise not to intentionally kill anyone (thought it may look like that from time to time).
5. Please watch the stream! I will be reluctant to put you in if you aren't watching!
6. Please be active in the stream! Sign up for twitch! That way, you can chat!
7. We will be raiding. Be ready!
8. All skills, base building, research, building and outfitting is my call. So yes, one of the supports WILL be The Medic.

Here's how this is going to work out:
I'm going to do my best to set everything up. This will probably involve me starting and restarting a new game in XCOM many, many, many a few times. Once I have everything set up, I will post the first stream date and time. During that first stream, we will go over everyone's appearance (again, more reason to be there watching and to sign up for twitch to chat!). If you aren't able to chat for appearance set up, I make no guarantees on how your solder will look. If that means hot pink hair and armor, you better believe you will be that soldier. Once everyone is looking suitably bad ***, we'll start doing stuff. After that, it's just a "smooth" ride to total victory. Which is odd because in XCOM 2, XCOM actually fails in the first game. Oh well! We'll do it again for XCOM 2 anyways! Count on it!
sounds good! :cheep:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
I find it odd that this tournament is called Big House when it isn't even at the Big House. Or Ann Arbor for that matter....

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I find it odd that this tournament is called Big House when it isn't even at the Big House. Or Ann Arbor for that matter....
Let's be real, why would anyone play Smash at Michigan Stadium in cold ass Ann Arbor.

Also Football>Smash everytime

There's a reason I missed APEX this year and many other people did

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956

OK, I have to admit: I like the semi-Psychopathic Fem!Kamui.

Top Bottom