• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Arc_Thunder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ichuchu
Hey guys, I'm currently downloading a good old classic of a game, Master of Orion II. MOO2 has long been regarded as the gold standard of Space 4X games and despite numerous attempts, no one has been able to top it. With any luck, the reboot coming soon will be able to do just that, but I digress.

If I were to stream this, would anyone be interested in watching?? If I can get enough people saying they'd be interested, I'll do some streaming.

Also, if folks were interested, I'd also be willing to violate the Golden Rule of XCOM. That rule being "Never name your soldiers after your friends. XCOM doesn't care." I would take volunteers from the R.S.T (and the Z.S.T since they lurk here quite often) and place them in a game of XCOM Enemy Within and stream that. If people were interested. I'd need at least 6 volunteers to get this ball rolling (since the maximum size of the team is 6).

If you're interested in joining an XCOM Enemy Within stream, please flag me in a post (I don't always ready the entirety of thread) with the following information:

Soldier First Name
Soldier Nickname
Soldier Last Name
Preferred Nationality (Go here for a list.)
Preferred Classes (Go here for a list. And please rank the classes in order of preference)
Preferred Gender (Male or Female)
Again, if I get at least 6 volunteers I will run this stream. I can't make any promises on the classes given the RNG, but I may be able to find and do something to fudge the Nationalities in our favor.
Cool I geuss I'll join
First name: Arc
Middle name: _
Last name: Thunder
The rest you can do whatever with.

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
@ Chapter Serf Chapter Serf You posted this in the Zelda Social and I come bearing my application form!

Soldier: Spiral

Soldier Nickname: Spiral

Soldier Last Name: Galaxies

Preferred Nation: Canada, the best North American Country.

Preferred Classes: 1) Sniper 2) Psisonic 3) Support 4-6) Don't like any of the rest so no preference after the first 3

Preferred Gender : Male!

Also hello Robins! I'm legitmately considering picking up Robin (Again). It seems I finally broke out of my "How do you Robin" slump.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Hey guys, I'm currently downloading a good old classic of a game, Master of Orion II. MOO2 has long been regarded as the gold standard of Space 4X games and despite numerous attempts, no one has been able to top it. With any luck, the reboot coming soon will be able to do just that, but I digress.

If I were to stream this, would anyone be interested in watching?? If I can get enough people saying they'd be interested, I'll do some streaming.

Also, if folks were interested, I'd also be willing to violate the Golden Rule of XCOM. That rule being "Never name your soldiers after your friends. XCOM doesn't care." I would take volunteers from the R.S.T (and the Z.S.T since they lurk here quite often) and place them in a game of XCOM Enemy Within and stream that. If people were interested. I'd need at least 6 volunteers to get this ball rolling (since the maximum size of the team is 6).

If you're interested in joining an XCOM Enemy Within stream, please flag me in a post (I don't always ready the entirety of thread) with the following information:

Soldier First Name
Soldier Nickname
Soldier Last Name
Preferred Classes (Go here for a list. And please rank the classes in order of preference)
Again, if I get at least 6 volunteers I will run this stream. I can't make any promises on the classes given the RNG, but I may be able to find and do something to fudge the Nationalities in our favor.
Wait Imma derp I don't get this :halfsheep:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247

Soldier First Name
Soldier Nickname
Soldier Last Name
Soldier First Name: Raziek
Soldier Nickname: Raz
Soldier Last Name: Arisu
Preferred Nationality: Canadian, obv
Preferred Classes: Assault, Support, Sniper
Preferred Gender: Male

Ultimastrike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ultimastrike
3DS FC
0473-8335-5555

Soldier First Name
Soldier Nickname
Soldier Last Name
First Name: Chinigan
Last Name: Winagain
Nickname: Ross
Preferred Nationality: British
Classes: Sniper, Heavy

D

Deleted member

Random but:

How do you pronounce your username?

Is it:

A) Raz-:4myfriends: ?

B) Raz-eek

or

C) Raz - ee - ECKH* (How I currently pronounce it)

*Subtle Jontron Reference

Last edited by a moderator:

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
@ Chapter Serf Chapter Serf mmmm this sounds pretty interesting so I'll join.

Soldier First Name: Beni
Soldier Nickname: Ben
Soldier Last Name: Shikinami
Preferred Nationality: Australian mate
Preferred Classes: Psionic, Assault
Preferred Gender: anything tbh because there's no gender neutral option smh

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
For everyone who is interested in the XCOM stuff, it'll take a few days to setup. Character classes are randomly selected upon promotion from Rookie to Squaddie, so it'll take some time. I will probably start and restart the game several times so as to not waste huge quantities of the game trying to get everyone happy.

Also, I forgot to mention:
Psionic is a subclass, you can choose if you want to be a Psionic say so and I will *TRY* to fight RNJesus and make you a Psionic. It doesn't take over your main class (such as Sniper or Support or Heavy) it gives you abilities.

Also, there is this:
http://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=MEC_Trooper_(EU2012)
If you are interested in MEC Trooper, get it in fast. It's kind of hard to have more than one and not have the others suck.

A few rules:
--I save scum. Get used to it.
--Difficulty will be selected on my own whim.
--Armor, weapons and equipment will be at whim of me. I intend to win.
--I will try to make everyone as happy as possible in terms of classes, but again, I play to win. I will make tactical/strategic/class decisions to do what's best for the game.
--Bio-enhancements are under my control. I will be doing those (if people want them!) to fit the class and soldier the best.
--Class skills are on my whim.

D

Deleted member

For everyone who is interested in the XCOM stuff, it'll take a few days to setup. Character classes are randomly selected upon promotion from Rookie to Squaddie, so it'll take some time. I will probably start and restart the game several times so as to not waste huge quantities of the game trying to get everyone happy.

Also, I forgot to mention:
Psionic is a subclass, you can choose if you want to be a Psionic say so and I will *TRY* to fight RNJesus and make you a Psionic. It doesn't take over your main class (such as Sniper or Support or Heavy) it gives you abilities.
@Psionic

Because the name coincidence amused me if it isn't actually a reference to the thing.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Here's what I've got so far:

Preferred Classes: Psionic, Assault

First Name: Space
Middle Name: Stranger
Last Name: Woody
Sniper
Freedomland

Preferred Classes: 1) Sniper 2) Psisonic 3) Support 4-6) Don't like any of the rest so no preference after the first 3

@ Benishigure Benishigure can I get a couple more preferences out of you pretty please with a cherry on top? Like I said, Psionic isn't a class like the others.

I've floated this out at a couple of other places, including one to Vespher (he's a big Splatoon streamer I follow and really he's the reason I now own a capture card). He's heading out to SGDQ soon so I'll have to see if he's interested or not before I start everything up.

Last edited:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
So I'm probably going to Big House 5. (SPONSORSHIPBOYZ) Who are the midwesters in the area that'd be there?

@ Meneil Meneil @ Célja Célja off the top of my head?
I honestly didn't even think about going to this tourney (mainly because I forgot about it), but seeing that it would be one of the biggest Smash 4 tournaments I might see if any of my local friends would want to do a carpool.

So right now I'm a bit of a maybe, but I do want to go now that I look at it.

Also props to Robin for reaching 1200 pages. (I missed it due to working and watching Wreck it Ralph for the first time.)

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

Soldier First Name
Soldier Nickname
Soldier Last Name
Oh oh, I'll join :D I'd love to watch you do a run for a game where I'm a character :D

First Name: Unknown
Last Name: Hero
Nickname: -
Preferred Nationality: Australia
Preferred Class: Assault

Not for me. :/

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Preferred Classes: Assault, Heavy, Sniper.

Sniper
Freedomland

Last Name: ?Hero
Nickname: Hero

That is six. I'm gonna wait on Vespher, and if he's interested, I'll probably start streaming sometime after SGDQ and when he gets back (he said his first stream will be August 2nd, so I'll start like the 3rd, that'll give me plenty of time to get everything set up). If he isn't interested, I'll start Very Soon. I will let everyone know when I start. Until then, keep signing up if you're interested. I'll need backups for when these six are in the Infirmary!

Last edited:

BindingShield

Smash Journeyman
NNID
M2TheC

Sniper
Freedomland

That is six. I'm gonna wait on Vespher, and if he's interested, I'll probably start streaming sometime after SGDQ and when he gets back (he said his first stream will be August 2nd, so I'll start like the 3rd, that'll give me plenty of time to get everything set up). If he isn't interested, I'll start Very Soon. I will let everyone know when I start. Until then, keep signing up if you're interested. I'll need backups for when these six are in the Infirmary!

Soldier First Name: Peter
Soldier Nickname: The General
Soldier Last Name: Van Doorn
Preferred Nationality: Any
Preferred Classes: Assault with all crit skills. Support with covering fire and all over watch skills (Which ones are those? I've been playing with training roulette for so long.). He's going to have ALL THE FUN!
Preferred Gender Male

Soldier First Name: Bradford
Soldier Nickname: Turtleneck
Soldier Last Name: Central
Preferred Nationality: USA!
Preferred Classes: Sniper or Assault. (Close Range?)

Soldier First Name: Santa
Soldier Nickname: Shiv-Father
Soldier Last Name: Shen
Preferred Nationality: Any
Preferred Classes: Mec Trooper!

Soldier First Name: Queen
Soldier Nickname: KGB
Soldier Last Name: Vahlen
Preferred Nationality: Swiss (Netherlands? German? No clue what that accent is.)
Preferred Classes: Heavy ->non negotiable.
Preferred Gender: Female

Last edited:

Meneil

Smash Apprentice
So I'm probably going to Big House 5. (SPONSORSHIPBOYZ) Who are the midwesters in the area that'd be there?

@ Meneil Meneil @ Célja Célja off the top of my head?
It's about a 5 hour drive for me. I know a lot of people around here are going. If you know for sure you can go, let me know... I can do it if I plan ahead, though I wasn't going to initially.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
*Looks up more info about The Big House 5 since my interest in going is slowly increasing. Looking at what's around the venue as far as food goes.

Untitled.png

If there's ever a reason to go...

I'm more than likely going to go if I can get a good carpool interested since going to The Big House was something I've wanted to ever since 2013.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

Sniper
Freedomland

Cool. Just a few Things

1) do I have to play the game or anything?

2) Can I get rid of my nickname and change my last Name to Hero instead of ?Hero

BindingShield

Smash Journeyman
NNID
M2TheC
Cool. Just a few Things

1) do I have to play the game or anything?

2) Can I get rid of my nickname and change my last Name to Hero instead of ?Hero
Basically he's renaming a unit after you. Don't worry, you're just a pawn on the board for him to play with. Waiting. Waiting for the Ayys. Waiting for the Thin man to turn you into plasma sludge. Or maybe for the chrysallid to Waifu you. Or a seeker to strangle you to death! Or a cyber disk to DEATH BLOSSOM!

The best deaths in X-com is when your ally panics and shoots the hell out of you from behind. Or if you panic from poison damage and run head first towards the Sectopod. Trust no one. Not even yourself.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Basically he's renaming a unit after you. Don't worry, you're just a pawn on the board. Waiting. Waiting for the Ayys. Waiting for the Thin man to turn you into plasma sludge. Or maybe for the chrysallid to spawn using your body. Or a seeker to strangle you to death! Or a cyber disk can DEATH BLOSSOM!

The best deaths in X-com is when your ally panics and shoots the hell out of you from behind. Or if you panic from poison damage and run head first towards the Sectopod. Trust no one. Not even yourself.
That's great.......

but still really doesn't answer either of the questions.

What is XCOM btw?

Top Bottom