• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Aside from the obvious feels, the other nice thing about all these fan art honoring Iwata's unfortunate death is that they really do show the better side of the internet that is sometimes hard to find.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
On a somewhat different note...

Has anyone heard about that new puppeteer class in Birthright? Apparently, it has an ability that lets a character literally be in two places at once. Trippy, right? It looks almost like a cross between Xane and the Summoner class...! Except, the clone and the character share all attributes: If something happens to one, the other feels it too. Heal one, the other get's healed the same amount. Same goes for taking damage.

Suddenly the Hoshido route looks that much more appealing to me...
Also imagine the fanfic potential...

Anyone wanna play Smash for 3DS? Surely not everyone is immobile from the loss of Iwata... And wouldn't it help drown the pain?
I love the Nohr route, but I love Hoshido more.

The new classes give it a fresh feel. I also love Emmeryn Mikoto more than Ganondorf Garon.

Still don't know which route i'm choosing first. XPP

Maybe the 3rd Route.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I know I haven't been frequent here, but I thought I'd drop by to pay my respects in one small way...

Here's Mr. Iwata's Mii.

19367_satoruiwata.jpg

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
How unreliable is Amazon Japan with its ratings? I went out of curiosity to see if they had a Cordelia keychain at a decent price and I saw both versions of If/Fates with only 3 stars.
A few more fanarts from fans from the event as they are all pretty good

Matsushi

True Blood
We've all come together as a unit to honour Iwata's passing, and that's what's warming my heart so much. These tributes such as fanarts, videos, gifs etc are just amazing and is also giving me an incentive to make my own little something in respect for Iwata. <3
Hey guys and girls :)
Hello there! I hope you're having a fantastic day. :happysheep:

AngelStar291

Smash Cadet
NNID
AngelStar291
We've all come together as a unit to honour Iwata's passing, and that's what's warming my heart so much. These tributes such as fanarts, videos, gifs etc are just amazing and is also giving me an incentive to make my own little something in respect for Iwata. <3

Hello there! I hope you're having a fantastic day. :happysheep:
Well...it's been a tiring day...work and stuff.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
How unreliable is Amazon Japan with its ratings? I went out of curiosity to see if they had a Cordelia keychain at a decent price and I saw both versions of If/Fates with only 3 stars.
A few more fanarts from fans from the event as they are all pretty good

I wouldn't put much stock into them. From everything @ Raziek Raziek has said about his experience with the Nohr version the games are far from being deserving of 1 star reviews that are also top rated reviews.

Last edited:

Arc_Thunder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ichuchu
Meh, I think they've overdone it with Roy by now. It was funny the first two weeks, last week's was okay, but this is just one too many in my opinion.
Yeah I kinda agree with you, i still enjoy reading them though!

Nah

Smash Champion
aw the server's down for maintenance so I can't fight people online

guess I'll just practice doing ledge trumps and shield drop-throughs or something

Smash Ace
NNID
Marki243
3DS FC
4527-8978-8771
Watching @ Raziek Raziek 's Robin Training videos and wishing I had a Wii U. The 3DS life....

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
These three piece's of music perfectly encapsulates my feeling towards the news of Satoru Iwata's passing. For words alone are not enough to express how incredibly sad I am. :crying:

Although I have shed many tears due to this tragic news, I know without a shadow of a doubt that a part of Mr. Iwata will live on forever in the hearts of all Nintendo fans. For he embodied the spirit of Nintendo and through his many interactions with fans via Nintendo Directs, E3 and other outlets, he transferred over a piece of that spirit to each and every one of us. His death has shown us the impact he had in the lives of all who knew him in some form or another. Very few individuals in all of existence have been remembered as fondly to the extent that Mr. Iwata has. The outpouring of love, the remembrance of all he has done, and the amount of lives he's touched is evidence that he was an incredible human who will be remembered for centuries to come.

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
Well, finally got to start "digging into" Shovel Knight, and I must say, it delivers "in spades". Has decent level of difficulty, not so hard that I wanna "bury" myself in a hole. Really liking the Zelda II-esque gameplay, since I actually made it to the Great Palace in that game. I was surprised how challenging the first boss was, felt like a Mega Man boss. Once I saw the pattern, though, I managed to dig his grave.

Thanks for the recommendations!

Smash Ace
NNID
Marki243
3DS FC
4527-8978-8771
Well, finally got to start "digging into" Shovel Knight, and I must say, it delivers "in spades". Has decent level of difficulty, not so hard that I wanna "bury" myself in a hole. Really liking the Zelda II-esque gameplay, since I actually made it to the Great Palace in that game. I was surprised how challenging the first boss was, felt like a Mega Man boss. Once I saw the pattern, though, I managed to dig his grave.

7/10, no more Knight Knight puns. Though, it does seem like a good game. I haven't tried it out yet, but it looks classic and fun.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

Question! Have you met the best character ever, Croaker yet?

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
@ Zantetsugun Zantetsugun , yes indeed, I have met him. Nor have I thrown in the trowel. :D
I'm about to take on Specter Knight, should be interesting. So far, haven't really died from any stages... just one pit fall.

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
Sooo... I beat Specter Knight first try, thanks in part to having the health-restoring Ichod with me. And with that... I got the Feat of "I'm Alive", finishing a stage without dying. (Yes, that means I cleared Specter's stage without falling into any pits... I'm not a veteran of the first 5 Mega Man games for nothing!)

You could say that I got over those pits.

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
Question! Have you met the best character ever, Croaker yet?

DA REAL MVP

Looking at him, he kind of reminds me of Frog from Chrono Trigger, for admittedly obvious reason.

Nice and 5 legal stages.
More than five if you count the omega stages :')))))))
#Things pepole with 3DS Smash only tell themselves so they don't cry

Also, not sure if posted already but ayyyy
http://www.gamnesia.com/news/a-rain...ntendos-kyoto-headquarters-today#.VaPEb_mrSM-

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Let's brighten things up with Marx and Ryoma wearing those head piece things on each other's head.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Well, looks like I found my preferred game mode online.

ForMa.jpg

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
So, i just woke up this morning to find out that Satoru Iwata as passed away. I am only very young in my gaming life and still know very little about things, but hearing this news just broke my heart.:crying:

I have a dream of creating games and working for Nintendo and meeting a lot of the legends of that company, such as Iwata. Now I will never get to meet. However, I am sure that Iwata is happy and had no regrets and lived a full and prospurous life and that hopefully...

We may all meet again in another life

Thank you Iwata for bring such joy tall our lives :cry:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I'm simply moved by the amount of care you guys showed towards the matter, and while it's true that his passing is a true tragedy, let me borrow this quote from One Piece:

"When does a man die? Does he die when he's been shot? No. Does he die when he's ravaged with disease? No. Does he die when he's been poisoned? NO! A man dies when, and only when, he is FORGOTTEN! Even when I pass on, my dream will come true!"

D

Deleted member

So... I have been playing Duel Destinies and I am on Case 2...
From what I've seen thus far from it... all I can say is...
What the hell is going on?!

At times I think it's a pretty cool case, other times I just get lost in following moments like I did in Big Top Turnabout, the infamous third case in Justice for All.
I mean the concept of it is cool, but it sometimes goes borderline ridiculous.
[collapse=Case 2 Spoilers]OK, so I need to investigate the air ducts next? Huh?
How the hell did that guy from the cutscene enter? I'm still lost even after the courtroom scenes.
How did that guy turn into the yokai? How did he fly? Why was this demon locked away in a room in a damn house?
Like... this is really, really pushing it.[/collapse]

I also have to question the main prosecutor, Blackquill. How does he still have a job if he was convicted of murder and is in jail?
[collapse=Spoilers for Later On]OK, I spoiled myself on the fact that Edgeworth is the chief prosecutor now..
What I want to know is why did he allow Blackquill to be the main prosecutor? I need to see his train of thought...[/collapse]

Holy hell, this is pretty damn long, though. It took me a couple of hours just to get through the first day of the Investigation and Trial segments.

One last thing... I don't think I like this new detective. I'm missing Gumshoe... what happened to him? :(

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
So... I have been playing Duel Destinies and I am on Case 2...
From what I've seen thus far from it... all I can say is...
What the hell is going on?!

At times I think it's a pretty cool case, other times I just get lost in following moments like I did in Big Top Turnabout, the infamous third case in Justice for All.
I mean the concept of it is cool, but it sometimes goes borderline ridiculous.
[collapse=Case 2 Spoilers]OK, so I need to investigate the air ducts next? Huh?
How the hell did that guy from the cutscene enter? I'm still lost even after the courtroom scenes.
How did that guy turn into the yokai? How did he fly? Why was this demon locked away in a room in a damn house?
Like... this is really, really pushing it.[/collapse]

I also have to question the main prosecutor, Blackquill. How does he still have a job if he was convicted of murder and is in jail?
[collapse=Spoilers for Later On]OK, I spoiled myself on the fact that Edgeworth is the chief prosecutor now..
What I want to know is why did he allow Blackquill to be the main prosecutor? I need to see his train of thought...[/collapse]

Holy hell, this is pretty damn long, though. It took me a couple of hours just to get through the first day of the Investigation and Trial segments.

One last thing... I don't think I like this new detective. I'm missing Gumshoe... what happened to him? :(
Yeah, the second case is a bit daft. Weakest case in the game by far. The third case is pretty good, and the fourth and fifth are decent, but let down a bit by the writing.

Naturally, you do eventually find out why Blackquill is still allowed to prosecute.

Gumshoe doesn't show up, unfortunately.

BindingShield

Smash Journeyman
NNID
M2TheC

So I just found this thing... I'm two parts perplexed, one part greatly amused. Turn on CC.

Gets a little strange in the middle. I would not recommend playing this at work. If this breaks any rules, tell me, and I will take this down.

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
Sheesh, King Knight is such a pushover...! Also, accidentally earned the Feat for putting out the camp fire without even having read the whole list of feats.

I noticed a few pages back that someone mentioned having timed out some opponents on FG... Funnily enough, I played a single match with Robin on FG a few days ago, and had the terrible luck of going against Pikachu. However, the timer ran out and went to Sudden Death... Where I was a fool and let the thundershocks pressure me into approaching and taking a smash to the face. :/

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Found this today:

Speculation abounds! There are some issues (that clipping on the head armor is one such issue) but could it mean anything?

No. But that's just me.

Last edited:

AngelStar291

Smash Cadet
NNID
AngelStar291
Sheesh, King Knight is such a pushover...! Also, accidentally earned the Feat for putting out the camp fire without even having read the whole list of feats.

I noticed a few pages back that someone mentioned having timed out some opponents on FG... Funnily enough, I played a single match with Robin on FG a few days ago, and had the terrible luck of going against Pikachu. However, the timer ran out and went to Sudden Death... Where I was a fool and let the thundershocks pressure me into approaching and taking a smash to the face.
Yeah I've fought Pikachu a lot of times...I don't have much of a hard time with them because I have a friend who's an amazing Pikachu and well I train with him all the time and he uses Pikachu...he's a tough one...I tried playing against another good Pikachu user and well...ehhh...I have a harder time fighting Luigis then I do Pikachus...

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Hey guys, can someone please explain to me why people think that Young Link's chances are below Pichu?

I mean, I found this "joke" today and I just-

just....

Look, i now Snake Wolf and Ice Climbers have a better chance than Y.Link but seriously, the way some people treat the little guy.

Top Bottom