• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Meta651

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meta651
The humor makes it more enjoyable when you read and not a wall of text that can hurt when you read it.

Also talking about the topic of music I generally leave the Smash 4 music because it's still new and fresh, also some songs or remixes are so good (one of the reasons I like to play in Omega Gaur Plains). But if I play Brawl or PM I change the stage music to some more metal stuff or more energetic songs that usually are from other games.

Some examples:

Or some Dream Theater instrumental stuff.

Last edited:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
The music I would play would be more dependent on what stage I go to. Ever since I put this song to play on PS2 on my PM, I fell in love with it. Though I do have some music in mind for certain characters; especially Falcon since they missed so many good music choices imo
:4falcon:=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4RloO-wc3E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZnvu7dyVCw

:4robinm:/:4robinf:=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuIoCFIB8es
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DN_M88wcmBs

Any of the Pokemanz= https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRbhp37vOec
Though a lot of these songs are more general, but I try to associate what songs would fit with a character to help get in their mindset better.

I was a bit upset though at the Pokemon music content we got. I like the X/Y trainer remix along with route 10 and N's Castle, but outside of that I wasn't too pleased. We didn't get the Kalos legendary pokemon battle music, but we got the wild pokemon battle music. All the music on PS2 was all old stuff outside of a Diamond/Pearl wild pokemon remix which I don't like at all. I was surprised to see Cynthia's theme remixed, but I was pretty indifferent to it since her theme is pretty meh to me. Reshirom/Zekrom remix is alright and I do like that Dragonspiral Tower song in the middle, but it almost doesn't sound like a Pokemon song. It is unfortunate that we don't get anything from ORAS seeing that Yoshi's Wholly World got it's own stage and music when the game is still in development. Well at the very least I can put some stuff on PM which I probably won't be playing much since smash 4 is out.
I probably would not have done this rant if I wasn't in the middle of reading the Pokemon Special manga,

Edit: Wow, we broke 500 pages.

LET'S PUSH FOR 500 MORE!

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Oh my, 500 pages already?! Whoa, that is amazing!

Also @ NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy Really?! did you mean what you said? If so, that's so nice XD. But what makes me so special? Surely I not comparable to someone like @Hong? How do I make this place fun?

Meta651

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meta651
I was a bit upset though at the Pokemon music content we got. I like the X/Y trainer remix along with route 10 and N's Castle, but outside of that I wasn't too pleased. We didn't get the Kalos legendary pokemon battle music, but we got the wild pokemon battle music. All the music on PS2 was all old stuff outside of a Diamond/Pearl wild pokemon remix which I don't like at all. I was surprised to see Cynthia's theme remixed, but I was pretty indifferent to it since her theme is pretty meh to me. Reshirom/Zekrom remix is alright and I do like that Dragonspiral Tower song in the middle, but it almost doesn't sound like a Pokemon song. It is unfortunate that we don't get anything from ORAS seeing that Yoshi's Wholly World got it's own stage and music when the game is still in development. Well at the very least I can put some stuff on PM which I probably won't be playing much since smash 4 is out.
I probably would not have done this rant if I wasn't in the middle of reading the Pokemon Special manga,

Edit: Wow, we broke 500 pages.

LET'S PUSH FOR 500 MORE!
I like a lot the Pokemon music but I also think that they have missed some great songs like Vs champion Lance. But I disagree with the D/P remix one, I think is pretty good and a nice addition but the Cynthia's theme remix disappointed me, in the game it's great and have the feeling of a heated battle while the remix is pretty mediocre.

Also 500 pages? That's a lot! Lets keep up with more random and different topics discussions my fellows tacticians.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
While Robin is really awesome and has a cool playstyle, I feel that Robin is a little slow when running only cause I'm used to faster characters like Little Mac and Diddy. I also prefer using :4robinf: over M Robin. There is something about her that makes me like her a lot. I still like M Robin though.

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
guys I got Kirby banned from tournaments forever

http://imgur.com/N8BqvEQ

the tech is too strong I cri
inb4 Kirby actually gets banned /cough he and Meta Knight are the same species so it isn't that farfetched :083:

Srsly though, I so wish that stage was available as a tournament counterpick. Lol all the Kirby mains would be swarming to it and it'd become the bane of everyones existence. Tech 2 stronk

Thank you for these wonderful glitches Sakurai :4dk:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Happy 500 pages!

Thank you for these wonderful glitches Sakurai :4dk:
Don't worry! It will get patched soon enough.

I like a lot the Pokemon music but I also think that they have missed some great songs like Vs champion Lance. But I disagree with the D/P remix one, I think is pretty good and a nice addition but the Cynthia's theme remix disappointed me, in the game it's great and have the feeling of a heated battle while the remix is pretty mediocre.

Also 500 pages? That's a lot! Lets keep up with more random and different topics discussions my fellows tacticians.
I am heavily disappointed that they missed the Kanto Champion Theme... again. I mean, why? Just why?
I know that Lance's Champion Theme is a part of Pokemon Battle!, but it needs it's own remix.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
The Tactician's greatest foe is not the enemy boss, but rather the ally RNG.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I'm kinda sad that there's still little Hoenn-tunes. Also not much themes from the actual settings from the games (Aside from pre-Victory Road-Routes).

Also yay for 500 pages!

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
As it's the 500th page, let's take a moment to revisit the day that Gematsu died, scales were tipped, and on a more personal level, set the stage for me liking an entire series and bringing both newcomers into my mains.

I STILL regret not being hype this day.

:4lucina: :4robinm: :4robinf:

Last edited:
Idk if I'm late with this but I noticed how amazing SH Arc fire is at catching SH approaches. Force the air dodge then punish the landing lag. If they get hit, U-air or B-air them off the last hit of Arc fire

I also saw some guy named @ Kotor Kotor here. Random question but have you played Knights of the Old Republic?

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
500 pages! This calls for a celebration! :4shulk: and :4falco: are getting their chances today!

I also saw some guy named @ Kotor Kotor here. Random question but have you played Knights of the Old Republic?
Yes. That is where I got Kotor from. I do not have the Old Republic though.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
500 pages! This calls for a celebration! :4shulk: and :4falco: are getting their chances today!

At first I was going to make a joke about how Shulk is really feeling it, but...

I remembered that fanfiction about them together, and what they did in it. *shudder*

krebstar

Smash Rookie
Just dropping in to say hey! Thinking of switching my main from :4wendy: To :4robinf:. I'm pretty sure Wendy has nothing to offer me as I get better at the game over-all. I'm drawn to Robins options and how intuitive she feels to me.

I'm hyped to see an active subthread for Robin as well... I kinda felt like I was the only BJ/Koop player in the world,

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Just dropping in to say hey! Thinking of switching my main from :4wendy: To :4robinf:. I'm pretty sure Wendy has nothing to offer me as I get better at the game over-all. I'm drawn to Robins options and how intuitive she feels to me.

I'm hyped to see an active subthread for Robin as well... I kinda felt like I was the only BJ/Koop player in the world,
Welcome, welcome. Feel free to ask and to enjoy our silly little community here. We (almost) never spoiler.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

I play as :4lemmy: occasionally, but not enough to consider myself a true mainer. Still you could count me as a player. :p

Welcome, and make yourself at home! Glad to see another member of the Female Robin Master Race make his/her way to the forum. :4robinf:

KeyDrop

Smash Rookie
NNID
KeyDrop

Yes. That is where I got Kotor from. I do not have the Old Republic though.
These are pure art, the second pic is really amazing.

krebstar

Smash Rookie
I play as :4lemmy: occasionally, but not enough to consider myself a true mainer. Still you could count me as a player. :p

Welcome, and make yourself at home! Glad to see another member of the Female Robin Master Race make his/her way to the forum. :4robinf:
Thanks for the welcome guys! I've read through a lot of the threads here but
1. What's one thing all Robin players should know?
and
2. If you play fire emblem, which game is the best to start on.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
I did it..

I finally did it.....

I finally beat All-Star Mode with Robin on hard.

I swear it took me like 8 tries till I beaten it. CPUS are just reckless.

Now to do it with 47 other characters. ;-;

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I STILL regret not being hype this day.
"Be happy you get to play as a mage and fave class from Awakening Horsetail... even if Chrom's basically dead and buried in respect for being an NPC..."

I hope it gets better from sometime on.

Until then, for more Chrom-jokes to come! *Toasts*

On more serious note, I think it's been amazing delight to become so acquainted with Robin. He's still really fun and potent character. As of late C-Sticking has made him seem even more dangerous in my hands. That B-Air.

Last edited:

IronFish

Smash Ace

You are maining the wrong Robin, :4robinm: is the one true Robin :4robinf: is just a cheap rule 63 version :troll:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
So I've come to a decision and have made Ike my 2nd in command for FE characters. While I love Lucina, Ike just feels better to use. His punishes are much more satisfying, he's surprisingly easy to combo with, and landing his Fsmash feels so good. Also it might be the fact that I'm getting slowly back into the Pokemon hype, but I've also thought about making my Pikachu better. He's got a great and fun combo game, he's fast with a good recovery, and not to mention he sports a great collection of hats and cuteness. That and I really don't see many Pikachus out there so I wanted to spread some Pika love.

I also found this adorable Pika with Robin's jacket along with other Robin goodies.
tumblr_nbvjv9o9dT1sv55y4o1_500.png

PIKA_20ROBIN_20PREVIEW_315d7b6a-d4e0-4493-938a-6ad9fe6bb018_display (2).png

10349959_755244294564208_8392607181770658909_n.png

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
I pocket Ike. (IE Not my main or secondary, but I still use him semi-often)
I find him really fun too. :040:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Pikachu was one of my secondaries when I started Smash 4. Not sure how I feel about him now, though...

KeyDrop

Smash Rookie
NNID
KeyDrop
So I've come to a decision and have made Ike my 2nd in command for FE characters. While I love Lucina, Ike just feels better to use. His punishes are much more satisfying, he's surprisingly easy to combo with, and landing his Fsmash feels so good. Also it might be the fact that I'm getting slowly back into the Pokemon hype, but I've also thought about making my Pikachu better. He's got a great and fun combo game, he's fast with a good recovery, and not to mention he sports a great collection of hats and cuteness. That and I really don't see many Pikachus out there so I wanted to spread some Pika love.

I also found this adorable Pika with Robin's jacket along with other Robin goodies.
I really like Ike too, the problem is that if I trained with all the characters I like, I would play half the roster and I would be bad with all of them :p
I still use Ike during casual matches, but I think I'm going to focus on Palutena and Shulk as secondaries, then, when I feel satisfied with them, I'll take other characters more seriously.

I really think this game's roster is amazing, it's probably because it's the first time I followed the launch of a smash game but I really had trouble choosing wich characters to play, I feel like all of them have something unique to offer.

In the end I'm just playing the characters that were on top of my newcomers list, which is the exact opposite of what I did in brawl, when I first started playing it I didn't know many of the most obscure characters, I actually choose the characters based on how they played, and ended up maining Marth, who I didn't even know who was at the time.
This time around I'm sticking to the characters I like and adapting to their playstyle.

The only one I'm sad about is Lucina, even before her trailer I knew she was coming as either a Marth clone or alt costume, and I was set on using her since I really like her as a character more than Marth(I haven't played any of Marth FE games).
Then we got a worse clone... I really want to use her, she even has a Cordelia alt color(wich is amazing), but there's just no point, Marth is just better, so I ended up using her in casual matches.

Edit: Didn't realize I made such a long post until it was over

Last edited:

IronFish

Smash Ace
In Brawl Ike and Toon Link were my secondaries, but I have been using Robin a lot, and Shulk and Lucario cover him pretty well, so now I'm not so good with them.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Yeah, I haven't been playing Ike, Marth, and Toon Link that much considering that Robin, Shulk, and Lucina cover their grounds pretty well.

Though I'm starting to play Marth more often cause admittedly Marth is better than Lucina.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Originally, Greninja was going to be a main with Pikachu as secondary for me due to my habit of maining Pokemon in most of the games(exception: Brawl :snake:). Pikachu was pushed aside when Pac-Man became a thing. THEN both were pushed aside when Lucina/Robin grew on me.

Amazing how things change.

Top Bottom