• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
Can you actually ever get Mew as a pokemon with a dowload code or some other extra content, just curious.

Also, can someone please tell me how the HELL YOU GET A LIGHT BALL FOR A WILD PIKACHU IN POKEMON Y, IT IS SO HARD, ARG! :mad:

Hong

The Strongest
But that Pokemon so no Sympathy :p

Hong, while your here, is it ok if you can answer this question, please, "Can you tell me the difference between japan 64 link ant US/Pal version of Link, cause to me, that tier liist don't mean squat"
Overall slower, more gravity, shorter range.

Most attacks deal less damage, travel slower, less far, etc. Notably, his recovery does not go as far, and his dair and utitlt (bread-and-butter) were nerfed hard.

Edit - Oh, and his boomerang has a threshold % before it is allowed to launch the enemy, so no early gimps.

Last edited:

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
Overall slower, more gravity, shorter range.

Most attacks deal less damage, travel slower, less far, etc. Notably, his recovery does not go as far, and his dair and utitlt (bread-and-butter) were nerfed hard.

Edit - Oh, and his boomerang has a threshold % before it is allowed to launch the enemy, so no early gimps.
Thanks so much, you the Best:laugh: All though those nerf were really harsh and just mean. Poor Link

Oh, Hong, are able to translate Famitsu scan?

It you can, would it be to much to ask if you tell what this one :

Particular (our just) the top right part about his Fsmash and hookshot.

Sorry, it just really worry about tink and the lack of information and activity in his own thread. If you don't want to, you don't have to, that's fine. I just anxious, that's all

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
@ U Unkown Hero

Hope you don't mind if I paraphrase.

1) Toon Link is a little stronger this time. His forward smash attack is an example.
2) The hookshot has been improved both on the ground and in the air.

Edit - Clarity on the second point, it is referring to the faster hookshot, as well as improved tether range.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Favorite Metroid character: :4charizard:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Can you actually ever get Mew as a pokemon with a dowload code or some other extra content, just curious.

Also, can someone please tell me how the HELL YOU GET A LIGHT BALL FOR A WILD PIKACHU IN POKEMON Y, IT IS SO HARD, ARG! :mad:
Slowly and with a hell of a lot of luck. :colorful:

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
@ U Unkown Hero

Hope you don't mind if I paraphrase.

1) Toon Link is a little stronger this time. His forward smash attack is an example.
2) The hookshot has been improved both on the ground and in the air.

Edit - Clarity on the second point, it is referring to the faster hookshot, as well as improved tether range.

No I don't mind at all, just thank you so much for doing it, I really appropriate it. I just really worried about the little guy because people keep saying he got some serious nerfs, pericular to his kill power. You know, maybe this thread should do an anaylse like what happen with ness and link, because at the moment, tink's thread is very quiet, too quiet. Anyway, I tried to translate it myself, but I don't know Japaness.... or is it Mandarin, wait..... ah ****.

Edit @ NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy YOU, what's with all the likes? Seriously. Also that advice people isn't the best, see as I can be a very impatient person.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
No I don't mind at all, just thank you so much for doing it, I really appropriate it. I just really worried about the little guy because people keep saying he got some serious nerfs, pericular to his kill power. You know, maybe this thread should do an anaylse like what happen with ness and link, because at the moment, tink's thread is very quiet, too quiet. Anyway, I tried to translate it myself, but I don't know Japaness.... or is it Mandarin, wait..... ah ****.

Edit @ NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy YOU, what's with all the likes? Seriously. Also that advice people isn't the best, see as I can be a very impatient person.
It's just kinda what I do. And on your second point, that's the only way to do it pal, gotta catch 'em all till you get a light ball. :awesome:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I don't mind the likes at all. All it does is just add numbers to my ever-increasing Like Empire, like that Streetpass game "Warrior's Way".

@ Rocket Raccoon Rocket Raccoon

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I actually wasn't trying to find a Light Ball when I went Pikachu exploring in that first forest in Pokemon X.

Third Pikachu I caught had a Light Ball.

You thought Exp. Share made the main game easy? Welcome to Pikachu Mode.

Last edited:

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
It's just kinda what I do. And on your second point, that's the only way to do it pal, gotta catch 'em all till you get a light ball. :awesome:
Sorry about sounding rude, it just some many, thanks anyway

also @SonicStorm Yeah, I always thought the exp share made the game easy because Y is the only pokemon game I have manage to beat, ever. It like I get up to a gym, face the leader and go, "hm, is that it?' . Maybe someone should start a challenge where you can not use the exp share, at all.

Anyway I trying to beat sapphire with trecko but the third gym is so annoying, arg, I have no counter. I going to resart with the same starter but deos anyone have any advice how the hell to beat him. Please don't so go with mudkip or Torchic, I find them to cheap at that gym.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Anyway I trying to beat sapphire with trecko but the third gym is so annoying, arg, I have no counter. I going to resart with the same starter but deos anyone have any advice how the hell to beat him. Please don't so go with mudkip or Torchic, I find them to cheap at that gym.
You do not know hard.

Try running through Diamond and Pearl. Not Platinum, Diamond or Pearl.

Cynthia, man.

And do it WITHOUT the legendaries.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Doing a pre-evolved Poke run in Pokemon Black was the hypest for me.

Nothing's more satisfying than routing Ghetsis with just a Klink.

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I stopped watching TPP when people wanted it to be anarchy 100% of the time for all time.

I only came back to watch ATV become the Dragonslayer he was always meant to be.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
True, it's insanely stupid, but admirable.

It was worth leveling a Deino into Hydreigon just to crush both N and Gaycheese's teams.

Unicorn

The Most Majestic
NNID
SenseiCrumb
Cynthia? Best champion Hands down.

Ya when the Fire Emblem Awakening DLC final chapter was revealed to be called "The Strongest One's Name", I was hoping for Cynthia to make a cameo in Fire Emblem. She is the coolest pokemon trainer by far.

No this does not count

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Ya when the Fire Emblem Awakening DLC final chapter was revealed to be called "The Strongest One's Name", I was hoping for Cynthia to make a cameo in Fire Emblem. She is the coolest pokemon trainer by far.

No this does not count
He's trying to put us back on topic!! Get him!!!
I'm actually joking if that wasn't obvious.

Last edited:

MindlessFire

Smash Apprentice
I just realized something about Robin's "You're not ready" taunt combined with leaving an optional messages behind when you taunt. It can potentially be a Mad Libs fill in the blanks with any variation of "You're not ready for X."

Examples:

Robin: "You're not ready:"

"for MLG."

"for Apex 2015."

"for EVO 2015."

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
So.....

do you guys actually now how to beat the third gym leader in sapphire with teccko (not pre evolved), also I never got far in pearl/dimond, only like just past the 3rd with emporino

Also @ Fire Tactician Fire Tactician

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Either catch yourself a Geodude, and keep a lot of Potions on hand for the Sonicbooms and Voltorb Self-Destruct that will come your way, or just play a classic war of attrition with Wattson.

May want to catch yourself a Roselia, raise it a few levels, and have it use Leech Seed on that Magneton too.

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
Either catch yourself a Geodude, and keep a lot of Potions on hand for the Sonicbooms and Voltorb Self-Destruct that will come your way, or just play a classic war of attrition with Wattson.

May want to catch yourself a Roselia, raise it a few levels, and have it use Leech Seed on that Magneton too.
Isn't Roselia a grass type? It seems pointless to level it up seening as I will be using Treecko as my grass type also isn't the only way to get a geodude at that point to use rock smash on rocks which you can only do AFTER you have beaten the third gym leader? Plus isn't grass not very effective against steel types. I have try teaching Treecko (Grovyle to be precise) rock smash but I'm not sure if it is work very well, thoughts?

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Geodude can be caught at Granite Cave in the first room. It'll take some time to level it up, but he's available.

And I mention Roselia because Leech Seed ignores resistances aside from Grass and siphons away a set amount of HP each turn. Roselia would only be used for that move; you can put it right back in the PC when you're done with Wattson.

Top Bottom