• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

XionKai

Smash Cadet
If MU/Avatar, has Levitation, in SSBU.
Can it function, similar to ZSS's Jet boots.
If he/she has levitation? o:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
If MU/Avatar, has Levitation, in SSBU.
Can it function, similar to ZSS's Jet boots.
If he/she has levitation? o:
I'd imagine that if he got Levitation.
It'd work like Sonic's recovery.
Or like Pit's.

yes I'm playfully mocking your speech patterns :p

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
"Emblem Warriors", starring :4myfriends:. :4myfriends: is joined by :4myfriends:, :4myfriends:, as well as the series hallmark :4myfriends:. Guest starring :4myfriends:.

Seriously. Step one, play either of the Tellius games. Step two, get Ragnell. Step three, run towards the enemy and end your phase.

Bam, Emblem Warriors. Watch as Ike cuts down the entire enemy army, unable to be as little as scratched by any ranged attack that isn't magic, and absorbing life from anyone foolish enough to engage in close-quarters. Truly, if you thought Pair Up made Awakening a brainless experience, it still pales compared to the majestic beast that is Ike with Aether and Ragnell.

:4myfriends:2:4myfriends:strong:4myfriends:4:4myfriends:u:4myfriends:
Yes.

You thought one Ike was enough in Smash? How about three?

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
If Robin could levitate, oh my god.

"Running out of Elwind uses? What is this concept, Robin never suffers that in Smash." :V

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I just got FE:A last week, and it is amazing. Great characters and emotional force. Fighting Mustafa in Chapter 10 made me feel miserable.
I have a question, I failed to marry off anyone other than MAvatar and Miriel before chapter 11. Have I permanently missed out on all the children characters save Lucina, Morgan, and Laurent?

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I just got FE:A last week, and it is amazing. Great characters and emotional force. Fighting Mustafa in Chapter 10 made me feel miserable.
I have a question, I failed to marry off anyone other than MAvatar and Miriel before chapter 11. Have I permanently missed out on all the children characters save Lucina, Morgan, and Laurent?
No, only Chrom has that restriction

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
No, only Chrom has that restriction
So, if I marry more characters off now, I can still get their kids? Some of planned couples include Lon'qu/Panne and Ricken/Tharja.

D

Deleted member

No. You can marry any characters at any time.
I married several females after Chapter 11 and their Paralogues still opened. The only point is that they are married to someone.
The only child you can miss out on is Cynthia, Sumia's daughter. That is if you have all of her potential husbands be married to someone else.

So, if I marry more characters off now, I can still get their kids? Some of planned couples include Lon'qu/Panne and Ricken/Tharja.
Yes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Yes, Children's paralogues appear after you marry their respective Mothers (assuming they're still alive), so you can get them at any part of the game.
Edit::4greninja:'d

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I don't understand why Sumia has such a limited pool of potential husbands.

I think a Sumia X Lon'Qu and Sumia X Stahl pairing could work wonderfully.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Eh, that's a flimsy excuse.

Chrom already has a priority list for wives. No need to hinder Sumia just because she's first in line.

Hong

The Strongest
At the very least, I don't mind it too much.

I prefer the defensive skill setup for Lucina with Sumia, versus the highly offensive skill setup you get with Olivia, though it will vary from individual to individual. I find the other children characters have no issues with killing stuff in the post game, so I like having a good damage sponge.

•Col•

Smash Champion
I hadn't seen this move before the video released this morning.

Looks like his/her Up Smash.
It looks like that little spark/flash that appears above the sword might be part of the attack. While watching the original Robin trailer, I got the sense that when you use the Levin Sword for smash attacks (as apposed to just the Bronze Sword), it adds a few new properties to the move. For instance, we see Robin use down smash with the levin sword in the trailer, little electric sparks shoot along the ground beside him.

The little 'spark' in this image may be a lightning hitbox from the levin sword's upsmash.. Note: The electric hitboxes from the levin sword smash attacks probably aren't that strong, but they give a bit more coverage so they seem somewhat useful at least.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
At the very least, the Usmash seems to have a prolonged hitbox. Mario went flying while Fox was still there, which might mean Fox fell into the attack while it was still going on.

In which case, oh wow, Sex Usmash kills even after the initial frames.

Critzilean

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Critzilean
3DS FC
1693-2152-0414
Switch FC
SW-2556-2425-6120
I think the palette's will just be different robe/hair color and 2 or 3 will change the hair style (and maybe face shape or eyes).

The hood will probably be like Lucina's mask and toggle with a taunt.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Those red and white lightning bolts aren't part of the attack, they are part of the hit animation on the red and yellow player.
They show up when a charakter in high % gets hit with an attack that has the potential to KO.
Sadly, that animation makes it really hard to see Robin's attack in that gif.
I thought that as well at first. But look at Sonic. Unless his Uspecial now sends him into free-fall, which I doubt honestly, he seems to be in hitstun. The only thing that could have got him from the far is Robin's attack.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I thought that as well at first. But look at Sonic. Unless his Uspecial now sends him into free-fall, which I doubt honestly, he seems to be in hitstun. The only thing that could have got him from the far is Robin's attack.
But he's seen already in hit-stun, not just barely getting into it. He could've been hit by something before that clip started no?

Hong

The Strongest
Sumia: "Oh hey Lon'qu! long time no--"

*trips and falls on his crotch*

Lon'qu: ...

*both of them blush furiously*

Lon'qu and Sumia have achieved S support!
Still a more intimate moment than ChromxSumia's A and S supports. :(

Another K-2L Survivor

The Zebesian Swordsman
US / Somewhere in deep space. Probably the former.
NNID
The_Last_Taguel
3DS FC
2681-0963-8959
Anyone think/hope that future Fire Emblem titles might deviate from Awakening's support system, so that at least some "main" characters have more in-depth, canon relationships? I hear a lot of people here being a little disappointed about the way A support jumps right on into S, and suddenly "gets romantic". I mean, that's just the nature of the support system they did in that game, but yeah. I'd be fine seeing it go either way, personally. It's a quantity vs quality of relationship options decision in my mind.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Maybe real life supports are like awakening's and we just haven't realized.

You know, get super close to someone, and then at some point just make it romantic all of a sudden. Has this been attempted?

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I think they will keep Awakening's current support system, as that's what many new fans will be expecting and you dont want to lose them. I think they should just try to improve the dialogue regardless.

Reynitsu

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1950-9310-5788
Still a more intimate moment than ChromxSumia's A and S supports. :(
So true.

Chrom X Sumia is basically

Sumia: I made some pie for u ^^
Chrom: Ok. Let's get married :D
Poor Lucina's STR D:

I'd recommend that if you want Chrom x Sumia to be better, don't get them to S support until after Ch. 11. That's when there's a special scene with Chrom and Sumia that's a lot better than the regular S support in my opinion.

D

Deleted member

It is a shame that there's yet so few remixes of Robin's Purpose Theme, a.k.a. the best track in the whole space-time continuum.
Well, it appears that somebody did view this post:

I would have liked it to be longer and more epic. Oh well.

Folt

Smash Ace
At the very least, I don't mind it too much.

I prefer the defensive skill setup for Lucina with Sumia, versus the highly offensive skill setup you get with Olivia, though it will vary from individual to individual. I find the other children characters have no issues with killing stuff in the post game, so I like having a good damage sponge.
I like Sumia!Lucina as she gets a very good class set with lots of skills that can make for many different builds. Tank build? Lucina has Aegis and Pavise. Magic build? She gets Sage which allows acess to tomes, Tomefaire, and a high Magic cap. Support build? Dual Strike+, Defender, and various stat-boosting moves (and she can of course get All Stats +2). Physical build? Lancefaire from Falcoknight gives her a much better weapon type than Swords anyway. Offensive build in general? Luna and Aether has her covered. Rallybot if you don't want to use Einherjar? Rally Magic, Rally Skill, Rally Speed, Rally Defense, Rally Luck, and Rally Movement should cover a lot of things.

For the most part, these are true for Chrom!Cynthia too, though Lucina can do one thing that Chrom!Cynthia can't.

Olivia!Lucina is kind of restrictive in terms of roles she can take (and, well, she happens to be the worst Galeforce mom for Lucina in regards to magic ability in a game where magic is really, really good).

Sayjin

Smash Journeyman
So true.

Chrom X Sumia is basically

Sumia: I made some pie for u ^^
Chrom: Ok. Let's get married :D
Poor Lucina's STR D:
Well, in Japanese it's bento boxes, so it makes at least a LITTLE more sense for romance.

Also, you realize Lucina only loses 2 strength compared to Olivia as her mom, right? 2 isn't that much outside of speed and sometimes skill (which doesn't matter for Lucina and Chrom).

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Okay...As much as I like Morgan, I found myself laughing at this.

Oh Walhart... What were you thinking, :4robinf:?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
You're a romantic support for either Robin or you're in Robin's position. Which character are you/which character are you paired with and why?

I find myself sympathizing with different males for :4robinf::

Chrom's/Yon'qu's because I have the exact same situation with women, just not to Yon'qu's level.

Kellam cause he's lonely and it reflects me, but not to his extreme.

Putting myself in :4robinm:'s position:

Lucina, duh. I'd want to make any woman happy. you already saw that coming anyway

Lissa and her personality basically describe my crush.

So what are yours :seuss:

Last edited:

Sayjin

Smash Journeyman
If I were in (M)Robin's shoes, it'd be Lissa. I love how extroverted she is, her playfulness, and how she genuinely cares. Plus I like girls that tease the guy they like.

Which makes it difficult in terms of gameplay, since I like Lucina and want to pair Robin with her, but if I'm being truthful I'd have long since fallen in love with and paired off with Lissa by the time Lucina joins the party, and probably not long after Lucina was even officially revealed to be a girl.

Top Bottom