• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ HUEHUEHUE ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Gods, this thread...

I would like hooded Robin, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
Seeing as Robin likely has twelve costumes already (six female, six male)

And then twelve more with the hood on? That seems weird.
Unless, of course, the hooded version is gender ambiguous and has no voice.
Make the hooded one Grima.
I'll use M!Robin. Will probably rarely use F!Robin except as a CPU opponent maybe.
I'll probably use the M!Robin mostly as training dummy for Lucina.

Last edited:

Folt

Smash Ace
Whenever I decide to use someone, I tend to have one thing I really like and stick to that forever, unless I need to use something else to get something. Opponents typically get whatever I feel I want to fight for that match.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
I'll be using male Robin a whole lot more than female Robin. But I don't see any reason not to switch it up every once in a while.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Lucina can get away with domestic abuse. Because she's a princess.:joyful:
Yeah, royalty definitely gets to. Heck, look at Sumia/Chrom.

Maybe that's why he survived against Falcon. He has a lot of practice enduring heavy punches.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
SUMIA PWANCH! SUMIA KICK!!!
Edit: Lets just have the entire Ylisse Royal Family playable as alts! We've already got Lucina and Robin, why not Owain for Ike, Emmeryn for Palutena, Lissa for Zelda, Cynthia for Peach, Morgan for Robin!

Last edited:

Captain Toad

Smash Apprentice
Am I the only one who will use M!Robin?
I'll probably switch it up, depending on how I'm feeling at the time.

:4robinm: "Want to break some skulls and look pretty whilst doing it"

:4robinf: "Want to break some skulls and look pretty whilst doing it"

Hmmm it'll be a tough decision ahead of me. Hahaha

(In all seriousness, I'll probably mix it up because I think it's cool that they included both, so now I can get into my head canons for both when playing. So I'll be snarking it up with friends and probably making myself a huge target in the process (3 against 1 again) because why take an easy kill when you can do a death defying flashy one! Captain Falcon taught me that style is everything, but the power to back it up does kind of help...a lot).

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
One of the guys on the stream just confirmed the Levin Sword doesn't have a sweetspot. It just hits hard however you connect.
He also tried to explain the tomes, but he wasn't sure about it and it seemed to change in some development versions, so he kinda aborted that. What he did confirm though is that Robin just tosses the tome out as soon as it doesn't have any uses. It was also pretty clear that tomes do have seperate durabilities.

Last edited:

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Sooo, if i just got this right, the difference between Bronze and Levin Sword is basically the difference between Marth and Lucina : Bronze Sword needs to hit a sweetspot to send people flying, Levin Sword has that sweetspot on the whole blade. Needs rehearing this statement though i may have misheard.

EDIT : Damn you Drakonis you :4greninja:

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Tomes do have collision hitboxes when you run out of uses.

Can't wait to see a Robin win a match by gimping someone with a useless book. :p

Hong

The Strongest
I think he was just comparing Levin Sword to basically other sweetspot attacks like the knee, which is what the visual feedback would suggest.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
he confirmed that when when a tome runs out, robin discard it... and if i understood correctly, books have hitboxes XD

a guy with a gregor avatar ninjaed me... so greninjaed :c

Last edited:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Completely missed that part about the tomes having hitboxes, good catch y'all.

Hong

The Strongest
It is what I had assumed, myself. All I want to know is if you can legit chuck it.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
So, what exactly does the tomes having hit-boxes mean? When would that actually come into play?

Hong

The Strongest
So, what exactly does the tomes having hit-boxes mean? When would that actually come into play?
If you can chuck it at someone manually, that's pretty good. A flinch is a flinch. A thrown projectile is fast, has an arcing trajectory and can counter enemy projectiles.

If it just gets automatically discarded behind Robin as I think it does, doesn't matter much. JC (the guy from Treehouse) just basically had no idea what he was talking about, in any event, and probably just told whatever he vaguely knew.

Last edited:

MindlessFire

Smash Apprentice
Well if the the SDCC stream taught me is having a character being slow is irrelevant especially if that character is a heavy and hard hitting juggernaut with a good physical moveset.

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Except Bowser isn't really slow anymore. He's practically running the same pace as Pikachu this time.

It's hard to say how good Robin's going to be. On one hand, he can be like Bowser and just keep offensive presence with the Levin Sword and Thunders and Arcfires on stages like Battlefield where the platform layout is tight, but at the same time he's susceptible to being pressured to death if he's caught. On the other hand, huge stages like Tortimer Island really aid Robin's Elthunder and above and give him room to work with to perform Elwinds safely, but if he loses the lead, good luck catching the other guy.

It could go both ways, really.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
What we have now is absolutely incredible and IMO way cooler than anything Grima can do, I'll agree to that.

I would honestly love a better Fire Emblem stage for Wii U since Colosseum is kind of boring.
Boring but GORGEOUS.

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
I'm not sure Grima makes sense as a FS. I mean, guys, THIS Robin is clearly the protagonist, not the future antagonist one. Protagonist Robin has no control over Grima; in fact, they hate Grima more than anything. Why would they want to team up with it? Why would it heed his/her call, when it was clearly Grima that controlled evil Robin?
I agree with this viewpoint. Admittedly the point about the game logic not always applying to smash is true, but Robin's whole story arc is him overcoming the Grima soul inside him to eventually destroy grima, not submitting to it like his previous self. Chrom plays a big role in that, leading to their final smash. Wombo Chrombo FTW.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Well if the the SDCC stream taught me is having a character being slow is irrelevant especially if that character is a heavy and hard hitting juggernaut with a good physical moveset.
Well, Robin fits the bill for being relatively slow, but not a hard hitting juggernaut with a physical moveset. We'll be dealing with someone pretty different :)

Except Bowser isn't really slow anymore. He's practically running the same pace as Pikachu this time.

It's hard to say how good Robin's going to be. On one hand, he can be like Bowser and just keep offensive presence with the Levin Sword and Thunders and Arcfires on stages like Battlefield where the platform layout is tight, but at the same time he's susceptible to being pressured to death if he's caught. On the other hand, huge stages like Tortimer Island really aid Robin's Elthunder and above and give him room to work with to perform Elwinds safely, but if he loses the lead, good luck catching the other guy.

It could go both ways, really.
And of course, durability is also going to be a thing. I imagine Robin players switching up their style often in combat, regardless of stage. However, the stage definitely carries some influence as well, so I'm with you on that.

MindlessFire

Smash Apprentice
I guess his only other saving grace is that he can self heal with Nosferatu especially useful in a 1 vs 1 situation. I don't if being able do smash attacks in midair when the Levin Sword is out makes a difference or not.

Hong

The Strongest
Robin's ftilt alone looks to be just as slow and have as much lag as Bowser's fsmash, only unlikely to have a fraction of the power and 0 super armour. Bowser will run fast, hit harder, live longer. Robin's strengths in comparison will likely be superior ranged utility and hopefully the Levin Sword makes her competitive in the air. I really hope Robin's actions are not as heinously laggy as they were in the trailer... since I feel the frames before the attacks come out already make them fair.
I guess his only other saving grace is that he can self heal with Nosferatu especially useful in a 1 vs 1 situation. I don't if being able do smash attacks in midair when the Levin Sword is out makes a difference or not.
Sure. It can damage the enemy for 1%, heal Robin for 1%. Just the same, it could just damage the enemy for 2%.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The healing effect of Nosferatu isn't much better than pummeling, unless it heals for a lot.

Dust the Baptist

Weeaboos aren't people.
NNID
Mank210
3DS FC
2809-9541-0380
Robin in my opinion is looking to be the most interesting smash characters yet. If smash 4 is at apex 2015 you can be sure to see me using him. :-3

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I saw one person cosplaying as Robin at the SDCC today. He didn't dye his hair white, which makes me think he had already planned this before the reveal trailer.

There was also a Lucina cosplayer but, alas, I did not take a picture of her. I wish I did, because she looked amazing.

Last edited:

MindlessFire

Smash Apprentice
Robin's reveal trailer and smash character model kind made the Levin Sword and Thunder Tome his/her unofficial but memorable weapon set kind of of like how Chrom and Lucina always had their Falchions. Expect to see more Robin cosplayers in future with Levin Swords and Thunder Tomes as their props.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Robin's reveal trailer and smash character model kind made the Levin Sword and Thunder Tome his/her unofficial but memorable weapon set kind of of like how Chrom and Lucina always had their Falchions. Expect to see more Robin cosplayers in future with Levin Swords and Thunder Tomes as their props.
Robin is sort of implied to be a Thunder Mage (given that's what he starts with in Awakening).

Top Bottom