• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Jackson

Smash Lord
At first, I was disappointed for the lack of Chrom as a playable fighter. But now, Robin looks awesome. Instead of maining Chrom (what I planned to do if he was playable), i'm maining Robin for sure.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I haven't had the chance to properly analyze/take everything in yet. Robin seems like something out of a dream. Beyond everything I've ever wanted in a FE rep. To the point that i no longer care about the disproportionate amount of blue haired swordlords, nor who is/isn't a clone anymore. Gender alts, Falcon kneeing the Leak/arrogance of the majority of the speculation fan base and the not-total-exclusion of blue haired men in the trailer were all just icing on the cake.

Azureflames

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0132-7109-3630
From what i saw:

[smash attacks]
*probably all emphasize tome attributes
Fsmash- 1:46 forward slash
Usmash- will probably be tome attribute upward burst. See 2:13 for what looks like the fire attribute version.
Dsmash- not shown
[aerials]
Fair - swinging upward slash with larger knockback (levin sword Equip)
Uair - not shown
Dair - pretty convinced its thedownward shot of elwind that you see in the video
Bair - not shown

[tilts/jab/dashattack]
* all tilts probably sword related as well as jab
jab- regular sword swing(three part jab succession with higher "execution" knockback at the end)
Ftilt - possibly the stabbing motion at 2:10?
Utilt - possibly the elwind at 1:42 with kirby?
Dtilt - similar low sword jab like marth or Ike
dash attack- not shown

[specials]
SideB- can be used in air, Thunder moves mostly showcased and fireball possible to do in the air.
(note that there are two different iterations of fire, the classic "fire" spell and the straight-lined "arcfire"
and they both have different endlag, so theyre different moves altogether.)

UpB- No clue at this moment, maybe we can assume the classic FE char upB? Maybe with attributes of selected tome?

DownB- my idea is that its a switch between tomes strictly for Robin's side B moves and attribute for specific throws

B- i have a feeling this will either be a weak basic spell of each tome or be a charging up of spell and maybe a
release of energy of the selected tome attribute or maybe a combination of both
(see 1:25)

[throws]
*-each throw has attribute of tome being held
pummel - convinced that its nosferatu
Uthrow - possibly the elwind at 1:42 with kirby?
Dthrow - wasnt shown
Bthrow - large knockback with attribute of tome
Fthrow - wasnt shown

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Didn't see a thread of this topic, so I decided to make one!

Couple things I think we all may have noticed are multiple tomes and Use of at least 2 sword types (Bronze and Levin Swords possibly more?)

Nosferatu seems to be like it is in the FE games where it drains the opponents health.

Elwind seems as if it might be Robins recovery?:

Forward Air:

Grab

Nosferatu Command Grab(?)

So what are your impressions? Do you think the the Thunder Tomes are smashes and as Robin charges he changes his tome to fit the level of power? Or do you think Robin will be randomly assigned a tome for the stock and will have a limited amount of uses until he is limited to just his sword? What other swords you think Robin might get? Killing Edge?

Discuss.

Last edited:

Jackson

Smash Lord
I haven't had the chance to properly analyze/take everything in yet. Robin seems like something out of a dream. Beyond everything I've ever wanted in a FE rep. To the point that i no longer care about the disproportionate amount of blue haired swordlords, nor who is/isn't a clone anymore. Gender alts, Falcon kneeing the Leak/arrogance of the majority of the speculation fan base and the not-total-exclusion of blue haired men in the trailer were all just icing on the cake.
Agreed. Although I didn't care as long as Fire Emblem HAD reps, I think a lot of people were clamoring for a mage character from the series instead of the typical swordsman. Now, we get both in one. And Robin's definitely not typical.

Morbi

Scavenger
The only move I was able to discern was her down-tilt. I am bad at move-set speculation. However, I am curious as to how the tomes work. Hopefully we will get an update this week that details that notion.

Anarchy plz

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0748-3885-4711
In the game when you use nosferatu it deals damage to the enemy and heals the person using it. In the video, when Robin uses nosferatu it has green circles going around him. Do you think nosferatu will heal Robin's percentage?

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Nosferatu heals- watch Robin when he's using it on Palutena. He has the sparkles like when a character eats food.

Morbi

Scavenger
At first, I was disappointed for the lack of Chrom as a playable fighter. But now, Robin looks awesome. Instead of maining Chrom (what I planned to do if he was playable), i'm maining Robin for sure.
The one issue that I find with playable Robin is that no one in my household will main Marth-waifu. I am going to be dedicated to Lucina and Female Robin whereas my sister is going to be devoted to Ike and Male Robin. So sad...

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Robin screams unlockable character.
I'm actually thinking that maybe unlockable characters will be different per version. Robin might be a starter on 3DS and Ike unlockable, while Ike is a starter on Wii U with Robin unlockable.

Jackson

Smash Lord
Nosferatu heals- watch Robin when he's using it on Palutena. He has the sparkles like when a character eats food.
Do you think the heal will be minimal or actually a substantial amount? In Awakening, Nosferatu restores health equal to half the damage dealt, which is game-breaking for a farmed Sorcerer (I would know).

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I smell an Event Match in SSB4 titled "Tactician Battle"

Where :4robinm:/:4robinf: fights :mewtwomelee:.

That would be pretty cool.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Alright so here's what I got from Robin's move set in the trailer, bare with me here cause I haven't played Fire Emblem Awakening so forgive me if I don't use any Fire emblem terminology for the attacks, powers and weapons that I'm about to bring up.

I think Robin will be a more offensive Olimar in the sense that these books that can be rendered useless, seem to carry most of his move set, they're part of his standard A combo, a smash attack and even his grab animation uses the book's magic.

Thing is, we see that there are at least four different books, one for wind, one for fire, one for lighting and one for purple flames and they seem to have some pretty crazy differences, the wind book in particular has that very fast projectile down air which is gonna be brutal on Little Mac and that almost full screen lighting beam which makes me think that maybe once you reached the point where the book is almost out of magic you can use one last super attack with the book before you have to toss it out.

Now here's where I think he'll be a more offensive fighter,we don't see too many of his sword attacks but I think it's safe to say that once you got rid of whatever book you're holding, the rest of your move set opens up to more sword attacks like what used to be a mid ranged grab with a book is now a close range grab or what was once a slice, slice, fire standard A is now a slice, slice, slice combo.

Now I know I brought this up in another thread but I'll bring it up here too, since Robin can throw the book as if it were a regular item, I can see players who get really good with Robin get comfortable enough with his/her close range attacks that a new strategy will open up where they can use the book as sort of an equivalent to Peach's turn ups, toss a book at the opponent as you're jumping at them so that you can close in during hitstun and if the book still stays on the ground if it hasn't run out of magic yet, a good strategy would be to throw the book at the opponent as you jump at them, if Robin moves fast enough he/she should be able to follow up with a sword attack just fine, pick the book back up immediately after knocking back the opponent, then play your long range fame from there if you want or go for something else, a bunch of different strategies can come out of this character I feel.

Jackson

Smash Lord
The one issue that I find with playable Robin is that no one in my household will main Marth-waifu. I am going to be dedicated to Lucina and Female Robin whereas my sister is going to be devoted to Ike and Male Robin. So sad...
I plan to main Male Robin and secondary Lucina. Ha, I get the best of both worlds! Oh wait, Marth is still left out. Nah, i'll try him out at some point.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Yes. The effect is identical to when you eat Food or pick up a Heart Container.

Robin will be the first character in an official Smash Bros. game to siphon health through their own attack, apparently.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Do you think the heal will be minimal or actually a substantial amount? In Awakening, Nosferatu restores health equal to half the damage dealt, which is game-breaking for a farmed Sorcerer (I would know).
I hope it'll be minimal for balance purposes- in a game like Smash, a character who could freely heal might "tip the scale" so to speak.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
idk if it will be a grab or not, possibly a command grab (Side special or Neutral special) like Bowser or Yoshi?

Morbi

Scavenger
Crashboards indeed.
Robinboards indeed.

I plan to main Male Robin and secondary Lucina. Ha, I get the best of both worlds! Oh wait, Marth is still left out. Nah, i'll try him out at some point.
I will try him out, but he is never going to get the praise that Robin will accrue. :4robinf::4robinm:

I smell an Event Match in SSB4 titled "Tactician Battle"

Where :4robinm:/:4robinf: fights :mewtwomelee:.

That would be pretty cool.
Mewtwo is a Master Tactician? Could you please explain, I am horrible at references and jokes, anything fun, really.

Agreed. Although I didn't care as long as Fire Emblem HAD reps, I think a lot of people were clamoring for a mage character from the series instead of the typical swordsman. Now, we get both in one. And Robin's definitely not typical.
My sister just wanted more than one Fire Emblem newcomer, she did not care who.
Obviously she deemed it impossible... but look who is laughing now! :4robinm::4robinf:

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Oh heck yea, no doubt.

The effects that appear on Robin when he does that move are the same effects in vanilla brawl when you heal. Now i'm just curious how much it's gonna heal, and how the move operates.

If DI is a thing it looks really easy to get out of, but most recent builds of smash 4 show no SDI. So, this might be a pretty damn decent move. Extra points if you mash the button longer to get more out of it, because honestly, if you miss with that **** and it does last that long without mashing, that's one hell of a window for Robin to get punished.

Last edited:

Dunban

Smash Journeyman
Something I picked up from the trailer that you all might find interesting:

Skip to the end of the trailer when the female version of Robin is revealed, about here:http://youtu.be/N9ytrX0wweA?t=2m39s

You can see her displaying a variety of spells, but she seems to switch fluently from Arcfire into Arcthunder without any other inputs.

Apologies if this has already been pointed out but it's just something I found intriguing

Anyways, congratulations to you all! Maybe some of you will help us in our support for Shulk? :)

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Mewtwo is a Master Tactician? Could you please explain, I am horrible at references and jokes, anything fun, really.
I guess since Mewtwo and Robin are both some of the most intelligent Nintendo characters. Plus, Mewtwo is a Psyhic type, which in Pokemon often relates to being super smart. And Mewtwo built his/her own mansion/machinery etc.

D

Deleted member

Skip to the end of the trailer when the female version of Robin is revealed, about here:http://youtu.be/N9ytrX0wweA?t=2m39s

You can see her displaying a variety of spells, but she seems to switch fluently from Arcfire into Arcthunder without any other inputs.

Apologies if this has already been pointed out but it's just something I found intriguing

Anyways, congratulations to you all! Maybe some of you will help us in our support for Shulk? :)
This is a topic of discussion over in the Robin Analysis thread, and yes, we have already noted it.

I invite you to join in our analysis over there if you would like.

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267

Waaaaaay ahead of you.

Also, if you think Robin's great now, we haven't even gotten to the custom moves yet.

Morbi

Scavenger

I suppose it could not hurt. :4robinm::4robinf:

Soon, we will have a mixture between Female Robin and Male Robin, his name is Shulk!

Makaronileo

Smash Journeyman
Before i wondered if Robin Would be better in grima Form thos we get a villian from FE.
I now realized that wasn't needed since the main protaganist from FE was confirmed :4falcon:

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
So, after the direct I thought about the amiibos for these characters. Do you think Robin will get a male and female amiigo, or just one of them?

WakerofWinds

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sydrael
3DS FC
4699-5989-8229
I'm so pumped for this character. Robin was probably the only character reveal that would make me want to play something other than Rosalina, and I had no idea Robin was coming. Also hello all!

Top Bottom