• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Morbi

Scavenger
Me neither. I shall do it as soon as my new 3DS XL is delivered.
I did not at first either; however, the moment I realized Robin was in the game, I started a default Robin play-through and finished it. That was about a month ago. So I intend to do it once more now that the hype is not controllable. I am going to TRY male Robin... but no guarantees.

Chepish

Smash Cadet
NNID
Chepish
3DS FC
2638-0438-3598
THE HYPE IS REAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL!!!!

Danmit, I still can't believe my most wanted newcomer will actually be a playable character. I'm just so hyped, almost as if I could cry!

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Today was absolutely beautiful.

Rayman trophy was a huge surprise, the most interesting FE option is playable, Lucina also got in, and Chrom gets his ass kicked down by Captain Falcon.

Captain Falcon crushed the Gematsu Leak like he crushed Chrom's body.

Here's to Robin!

Morbi

Scavenger
I forgot to mention, I nearly had a spontaneous orgasm when he proclaimed, "TIME TO TIP THE SCALES!" I thought that that was just a joke in this thread. I have never been happier, it was my favorite reveal trailer by far. I enjoyed that it was in the style of Awakening's cut-scenes.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
I like the Final Smash because it gives Chrom some sort of representation in the game. Chrom fans deserve at least that.
As a Chrom supporter (and a much lesser extent, a Robin fan) I think the final smash is sick. Playing off the dynamic/relationship that Chrom and Robin have is a great idea.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Congratulations guys!

I know you guys faced some terrible odds there for a while, but I'm glad ultimately Robin became the new F.E. representative! (Oh... yeah, hi there Lucina).

Anyway, great to finally see a F.E. character with more tricks than just sword fighting!
Not to mention I owe it to Robin to single handedly SLAY the Gematsu leak. :)

He/she didn't look what I had envisioned my ideal moveset for Robin to be like... but... eh, it's still pretty cool. I might try him/her out some time!

Glad he's in! (If anything, I'll always use her with the female alt.)

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
I'm almost certain that the reason that Arcfire, Arcwind and Nosferatu are shown consecutively is because they are his 3 different Down B specials. I agree that his Thunder magic must be his Standard B and is chargeable, resulting in different levels/strengths of projectile as demonstrated in the trailer. Also the only time he changes tomes is during what is clearly his final smash with Chrom so this can be seen as the exception and not the rule.
The tomes are the books, right? I'm not familiar with Fire Emblem.

If so, then I definitely saw him change tomes at the beginning of the video when Robin was fighting Captain Falcon. Robin performed what appeared to be his down tilt, and he was holding the green book. After rolling behind Captain Falcon, Robin was holding the red book. Like, I said, I'm not sure what the tomes are, so I'm probably wrong.

D

Deleted member

If so, then I definitely saw him change tomes at the beginning of the video when Robin was fighting Captain Falcon. Robin performed what appeared to be his down tilt, and he was holding the green book. After rolling behind Captain Falcon, Robin was holding the red book. Like, I said, I'm not sure what the tomes are, so I'm probably wrong.
Tomes = Books of Magic Spells, yes.

Morbi

Scavenger
Congratulations guys!

I know you guys faced some terrible odds there for a while, but I'm glad ultimately Robin became the new F.E. representative! (Oh... yeah, hi there Lucina).

Anyway, great to finally see a F.E. character with more tricks than just sword fighting!
Not to mention I owe it to Robin to single handedly SLAY the Gematsu leak. :)

He/she didn't look what I had envisioned my ideal moveset for Robin to be like... but... eh, it's still pretty cool. I might try him/her out some time!

Glad he's in! (If anything, I'll always use her with the female alt.)
I am not going to lie, I am not too interested in her move-set. However, I am going to MAKE it work. There is NO way she is not going to be one of my mains. Same, I will never touch that Male version, even if it does look great. Perhaps when I am bored... no. Haha.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Hm you can probably auto change tomes by using the special + direction its assigned to.

His jab also changes depending on what tome he uses, as it had a fire finish 3rd hit wjth the fire book but is a flurry like fox's with the wind book

Edit:Also gonna go out on a limb and say the bronze sword is dropped when you run out of a tome, Robin does say he "carries the Levin Sword when his tome runs out of uses"

Edit2: Also at the end Robin is just using the fire special, its the same animation as when he rolls behind Lucina and fires Bowser, just stronger charge

Last edited:

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Robin fans, you made it through unbeatable odds! I'm happy for you guys! And Robin looks great and fun to use...

Congrats from an Isaac fan. :)

Also.. Ding-dong, the leak is DEAD! :colorful:

Last edited:

ToastMiller

Smash Apprentice

It seems as the your move choices are not limited to the color of the book you are using. I feel the book is pure aesthetic.
So in other words all attacks are open to you and you book will change just based on the attack you are currently using/used last

However when the spell tomes might run out based on the tome color. So you can use up all your thunder tome and keep using a fire tome

I'm almost certain that the reason that Arcfire, Arcwind and Nosferatu are shown consecutively is because they are his 3 different Down B specials. I agree that his Thunder magic must be his Standard B and is chargeable, resulting in different levels/strengths of projectile as demonstrated in the trailer.
Palutena and the Mii Fighters are the only ones with outrageously different custom special moves. The rest of the cast selects from slightly different choices. I guess it is slightly possible that Robin is another character to add to this list, however I think this is extremely unlikely

It seems most probably that:

:GCB: is The thunder tome, chargable and able to retain charge like samus' neutB

:GCR::GCB: is Arc fire. acts like ness's PKF

:GCU::GCB: is the windy move.

:GCD::GCB: is that dark magic move

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
All I care is that Robin is using literally almost every type of magic in the series. Actually, Robin uses every magic except light, which makes sense as Awakening didn't have Light.

Anyway, now one of my top picks FINALLY gets confirmed. Hype is restored, and light returns to the Smash Bros. roster.

neohopeSTF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
abcdefgf
Switch FC
SW-0259-5915-4107
I hope for his alt colors they do something along the lines of Villager, giving him/her different faces or looks.

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
Anyone else notice he Uses two different types of swords? I'm not a big fire emblem player so if anyone could identify these swords and what they do that'd be great,

Obviously he has the lightning looking sword he does in the trailer but he also uses this:

maybe he sacrifices his other sword (bigger) to do more magic or maybe he throws it for an attack?
I know, it looks like a bronze sword. My theory is, the Levin Sword will eventually exhaust it's use, and he'll have to resort to using a different weapon.

He has some interesting FE mechanics, tomes running out of uses and such, the sword probably does the same. I hope this doesn't hinder him in stock matches, hopefully they replenish between stocks.

I'd love to play with ONE tome (dark tome ftw), but I don't know if that's possible. For all I know, it's randomly chosen.

Last edited:

Dragon1128

Smash Cadet
I...I can't believe it!

Guys! It's happened! Despite all odds, and against all doubt, it has come!

Sxips

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dark_Dino
Switch FC
SW-8329-8819-7281
Congrats guys, I didn't really know about Robin at first but he seems pretty awesome. I'll definitley play as both male and female Robin. His/Her Spell Book look very intresting as a moveset.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
For Nosferatu, it's clear that Robin is recovering if you pay attention to the effects. That's what I believe at least. And of course, that would make sense since it IS Nosferatu.
I had to look again and you're right. Makes sense! And the drawback is that you have to get up close to use the presumably vampiric power.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Despite the fact that I mainly supported Robin just so we don't get either Lucina or Chrom (among other reasons, of course), I'm still very, very pleased with this.

Last edited:

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
It seems as the your move choices are not limited to the color of the book you are using. I feel the book is pure aesthetic.
So in other words all attacks are open to you and you book will change just based on the attack you are currently using/used last

However when the spell tomes might run out based on the tome color. So you can use up all your thunder tome and keep using a fire tome

Palutena and the Mii Fighters are the only ones with outrageously different custom special moves. The rest of the cast selects from slightly different choices. I guess it is slightly possible that Robin is another character to add to this list, however I think this is extremely unlikely

:GCB: is The thunder tome, chargable and able to retain charge like samus' neutB

That's what I'm thinking with those special moves.

But I think the books are more than just for looks. What if your standard combo is different depending on what color book Robin is holding at the time. Look at the beginning of the video. He does a three hit combo with the red book, and it ends with an explosive flame.

Now if you look later in the video, Robin performs a rapid-hit combo on Kirby, but he has the green book in his hands. I think Robin has a standard combo that can change during battle.

As far as his two swords, I'm not sure about that one yet...

CheeseBroJoe

Smash Cadet
:colorful:OH MY GOD. I WAS EXPECTING SHULK AND GOT TWO NEW FIRE EMBLEM NEWCOMERS, ONE BEING ROBIN. I am beyond ecstatic. Congrats all you other Robin supporters. :colorful:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Guys

I believe standard B will be a charge, and then using whatever special will fire it at whatever your current charge level is. At the end, when female Robin uses Thoron, the book emblem reverts back to the small bolt icon at the end of the move

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I had to look again and you're right. Makes sense! And the drawback is that you have to get up close to use the presumably vampiric power.
Yeah, it would be ridiculous if Robin were able to toss out Nosteratu like s/he does with the other spells's range and expect to recover.

Last edited:

CommanderRin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Susazu-And-Rin
Only thing that disappoints me is that we didn't get to see stalker Tharja being referenced

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Just changed my main to Robin and I can see both genders in the background of my posts now.

OH JOYOUS DAY!

CommanderRin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Susazu-And-Rin
Seriously.

I would front Mr. Sakurai $1000 to make this video, even if Robin wasn't in the game.

Not only did we get Robin, but our champion crushed the Gematsu cult. And left Chrom on the ground crying.
When I saw him on the ground and the camera started zooming in near the end of the reveal, I was expecting him to get up and walk away.

someonetookjacob

Smash Apprentice
I am guessing maybe the jab->multihit wind thing is his forward tilt, and the jab->jab->fire is his jab (or vise versa)

I agree that the dark magic looks like his down b

I am definitely in the camp that arcwind was his up b (he goes super high, off the top of the screen after the second one)

The thunder looks like his b, and sense late in the trailer you see him immediately do arcthunder after arcfire I think it can hold a charge like samus's

That leaves Fire for over b. (which makes sense because ness's similar fire special is over b)

My guess is when a tomb runs out of uses, the next time you use that special you throw the used book behind you, and its pretty slow and dangerous to do during battle. Then you have a new tomb and can run through the charges again.

And if a tomb is out (fire for example) perhaps the normal attacks that would use the fire tomb are changed to use the leven blade, jab->jab->fire becomes jab->stronger jab, but with more damage and hit stun.

Just thought I would share my opinion.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
The ironic thing about this trailer to me is how I always paired Chrom up with Robin, destroying everyone with dual supports :p

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
I wonder if his sword is dependent on the type of tome he has out? he might only use the lightning sword with his lightning tomes?

like it appears in this picture
Nope, in the video, after he reveals his Levin Sword, the first scene of him attacking with it, he has a lightning tome, and the second scene, you'll see he has a dark tome, so tomes do not affect his sword.

I wonder if Nosferatu is his holding grab attack. (or whatever you call it)

Last edited:

Sxips

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dark_Dino
Switch FC
SW-8329-8819-7281
Now I really want to get Fire Emblem Awakening to see more of Robin and what's his story. I never played a FE game before so this should be intresting. I have played Intelligent Systems other series Paper Mario and I've enjoyed it alot.

•Col•

Smash Champion

This is my guess as well.

People are assuming that wind spell he uses in the air looks like a down air.. But it looks more like an Up Special recovery move to me, honestly. Look how far he propels himself after using it.

Each will have a limited amount of uses/charges and after they run out, you'll have to refill them somehow. Would give him a resource like Pikmin were for Olimar in Brawl.

Oh, you used up your Wind tome? Good luck recovering. (Much like if you used up all your Pikmin, recovering was a pain)

I'm most curious in how the tomes are going to be replenished. Is it just time based? Waiting for them to recharge? Respawning? Or will it work like plucking pikmin and you have to use an input like taunting or something to recharge them?

Top Bottom