• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Ive got a robin related question for yall! What did you name yours?
I named my male Avatar Thomm, after myself. When I started another playthrough with the female Avatar, I named her Jisha (pronounced "Ye-sha") because I thought it sounded like a cool, fantasy name for a protagonist.

It was until later that I found out it was an actual word! But not a name, though.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jisha

Morbi

Scavenger
I always name my customizable characters after myself, so I named my Robin after me... Which Nintendo told me was a cuss word and wouldn't be used on street pass.

Conner. That's my name. Nintendo's censors think it's a cuss word. Pokemon Y went so far as to make me change it entirely. My character in that is named "Conn."

Srsly Nintendo. -_-
I am honestly glad that Nintendo filters out sick dastards that name their characters after obscene words. I am not even sure what you are trying to get at, you deserve to have your name blocked from the street pass. Children play these games. Grow up!

Link is Link.

Robin is Robin.

If you name her Betty, she is still Robin. Just named Betty.
Robin named Betty? Why does that not appear in the text if that is the case? :troll:

Ive got a robin related question for yall! What did you name yours?
On my first file, I named her Morbid. After that, I continued to name her/him, "Robin."

Narwalgod

Smash Journeyman
Quebec, The land no one ever speaks about.
I am honestly glad that Nintendo filters out sick dastards that name their characters after obscene words. I am not even sure what you are trying to get at, you deserve to have your name blocked from the street pass. Children play these games. Grow up!

Robin named Betty? Why does that not appear in the text if that is the case? :troll:

On my first file, I named her Morbid. After that, I continued to name her/him, "Robin."
I named and will continue to name mine Narwal.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
I named my Robin Jona on the first playthrough. Mainly because I name most of my male RPG characters that, since it's kinda close to my actual name.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
My version of Robin the first couple times was kind of vaguely based on myself, although all I changed was his hair color. I named him Lucien, which actually isn't even close to my real name but it's one of a handful of names I pull from for player characters (I used it again for my character in Pokemon X). In my third playthrough, I tried to play Robin as close to "canon" as you can get--default name, default appearance, default asset and flaw (+HP -Lck).

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Mine was Jay, my self-given pseudo name I used to use (real name is Jake). In my playthough with female Robin I named her Chrysantha, short for the Chrysanthemum flower (and also a play on Chrisanna). I'm considering giving a real life future daughter that name when I marry and have kids.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I named Robin False for my first play through (I tend to use the name False Sense for a number of things), though on subsequent files I just named him Robin and gave him his default appearance.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
For Robin (F), I named her "Isabeau" since I was fresh off of playing SMT IV and her name was stuck in my head.
I name Robin (M) Hokori because I am Hokori.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
In my playthough with female Robin I named her Chrysantha, short for the Chrysanthemum flower (and also a play on Chrisanna). I'm considering giving a real life future daughter that name when I marry and have kids.
Okay, show of hands: Who here has actually considered naming one of their future kids Morgan? >_>

D

Deleted member

I revised my moveset to drop the sword and improve the specials a bit to be more trap-focused. If you've seen it before, you can skip it.
My vision of Robin is a spell-caster who relies on traps. Wearing such a heavy robe over a surcoat and armour adds quite a bit of weight, granting Robin an above-average weight class but holding back her mobility in air and on ground. As far as appearances go, Robin can be played as either gender with the respective hair style. Her tome colour, hair style and hair colour change with her colour palette.

Specials
:GCB:
Ignis
Robin opens her tome and the pages begin to turn. When fully charged, the tome is shut and will begin to glow. Ignis will empower the next smash attack or special, granting increased knockback and damage, as well as the trademark cascade of flower petals.

:GCB::GCR:
Thoron
Launches a ball of spark that will pause in the air after a short travel distance. After hovering for three seconds, it flies in the direction of the nearest enemy. Like with Link's Boomerang, you can influence the direction and distance that Thoron travels when you launch it with the control stick.

This move normally passes through people as it damages them, but with Ignis, it explodes and launches them instead.

:GCB::GCD:
Bolganone
Robin motions her hand as the ground rumbles and a trail of fire follows floor. After B is released, Bolganone is activated, erupting as a pillar of flame with great damage and launch power.

:GCB::GCU:
Galeforce
Robin spreads her arms and spirals upwards with a pillar of wind (which can be curved), before coming down with a downward spiral kick after she reaches the apex. If you connect with the second part of the attack, Robin kicks off of them to regain her jump.

Ignis is only applied on the kick, and she can grab the ledge on the way up or down.

Final Smash: Calamity
Robin begins to radiate a dark aura, falling to her knees as Grima tries to wrest control of her mind. The fel dragon emerges from the background as he smashes the stage with both fists, causing spikes to erupt on both the surface and sides of the stage, dealing significant damage and having excellent launch power. The spikes come out a bit staggered so it's very difficult to avoid on smaller stages. After the assault, the dark aura fades and Robin regains control of herself.

Smash Attacks
:GCCR:
A two-part attack beginning with a palm strike.. On connection, lightning strikes the enemy from above and they are blasted away.
:GCCD:
Punches the ground, sending waves of flame to either side. The waves travel further on a higher charge.
:GCCU:
Raises her fist upwards, encasing herself in a furious tornado, hitting foes nearby and above.

Aerial Attacks
:GCA:
Extends her arms and does a single spin, assisted with wind. You can chain multiples of this at low percentages if you are good at it.
:GCR: (Forward)
Robin's foot is engorged with dark flame as she does a single spin kick. Come out fast and hits hard.
:GCL:(Back)
Turns around and extends her palm before creating a blast of flame. This is comparable to Zelda's upper aerial in both might and precision, though has very different application.
:GCD:
Spreads her legs and punches directly below her, coming out fast but with limited range. If this connects the moment it comes out, it delivers a fierce meteor smash, engulfing the enemy in dark flames.
:GCU:
Robin clenches a fist above, creating a mass of multi-hitting electricity. Not great for damage and has little launch power, but it has high priority so it's good for fending off aerial attackers.

Normals
:GCA::GCA::GCA:
A left hook with wind, a right hook with lightning, and ends with a kick of flames.
:GCA::GCR:
Performs a horizontal chop, hand engulfed in flame.
:GCA::GCU:
Holds her book above her head and spreads it open with both hands. The pages turn and create a gust of wind magic.
:GCA::GCD:
Swipes her hand low, creating a splash of electricity on the ground.
:GCA: (Dash Attack)
Vanishes with the wind while she dashes, reappearing a short distance ahead and damaging everyone on her way.

Throws
Sends dark flames coursing through the body of her prey.
:GCR: (Forward)
Delivers a fiery punch to the face of who ever she is holding.
:GCL: (Backwards)
Both Robin and her prey are encased in a tornado and Robin lets them loose.
Throws them up and blasts them away with electricity.
Robin forces them to their knees and slams the tome shut on their face with both hands.

Flair

Taunts
Holds her tome and bows as she quips "Now that's strategy!"
:GCL::GCR:
Pulls out a Bronze Sword, looks at it, and shrugs before stowing it away again.:troll:
Pulls up her hood and looks at the screen, eyes red with evil.

Victory Poses:
#1:
Sits there reading her tome, completely oblivious to the camera.

#2:
Starts facing away from the camera and burning with dark flames, turns to the camera to show red eyes under the darkened cowl. A dagger of lightning magic can be seen in her hand.

#3:
Features Lissa who runs up to hug Robin, Chrom walks over and puts a hand on Robin's shoulder
Chrom: "Good work!"
Lissa: "I knew you could do it!"
Robin: "Heh. Thanks, friends."

#3 alt:
Robin throws her tome into the air, spins and catches it before uttering a number of phrases.

"Predictable!'
"Exactly as planned."
"Simple enough."
"For Chrom, Ylisse, and everyone I love... I won't let you down."
@ Hong Hong (and anyone else who may be interested to read)

The Great Text-Wall of Robin has arrived:

To those that will read this:
Please note that the following Inquiry Process will proceed in a Linear Fashion following the order in which @ Hong Hong formatted the original moveset. Also, I would suggest for simplicity that all distances of the moves be in relation to the size of Battlefield (for example, "X moves travels 1/3 of the horizontal distance of Battlefields main platform."):

Okay, so with regards to Robin's N-B, I imagine this move would function similar to P:M Lucas's Neutral B, correct? Could the unfinished charge of this move be shield-canceled and saved? With regards to the Augmentation effects, would this move cause an increase in the AoE of Robin's Smash Attacks? With regards to her Special Moves, for Thoron, would the Ignis charge cause for an increase in the Size and Speed of the Thoron Orbs? For Bolganone, would this move cause the Lava Pillar to be higher/wider?

With regards to Thoron, how far, relatively speaking, could the Orbs travel before entering their hover state? Furthermore, do you mean that the direction and distance of the Thoron Orbs can be influenced only before the Hover State? Also, is it possible that with repeated presses of the B Button that multiple Thoron Orbs can be created (obviously with a number limit)? When the Orbs target an opponent, would they home in on them, or fly only in a straight line towards the position of the opponent when they were targeted?

With regards to Bolganone, would this move have charge capabilities? Also, what is the maximum relative distance that the Fire Trail could travel for this move, and once that Maximum Distance is reached, would Robin automatically unleash the attack? Furthermore, would the Lava Pillar rise out of the entire Fire Trail, or would it rise only in one spot, acting essentially like a grounded Din's Fire? If activated on a platform, would it be stopped by the platform edges, or would it drop down to the platforms below it once an edge is reached? How high does the Lava Pillar reach?

With regards to Galeforce, would this move be similar to Kirby's Final Cutter or Dedede's Super Dedede Jump in that Robin will fall infinitely (if no contact is made) after reaching the apex of the move? What would be the maximum relative vertical and horizontal distance of this move? If contact is made, would Robin bounce off the opponent similar to Captain Falcon's Raptor Boost? By "regain her jump" do you mean that Robin will simply be able to use Galeforce again or would she actually be able to jump once more? Furthermore, since Ignis applies to the kick, would Robin bounce higher off of her opponent if she connected with an Ignis augmented Galeforce?

An unimportant question with regards to Robin's Final Smash, but does Grima actually have fists, or would Robin simply pound the stage in order to cause the Spike Protrusion?

With regards to Robin's Side Smash, would the lightning strike of the second hit come from directly above the spot where contact is made,or would it come from a higher place like Pikachu's Thunder?

With regards to Robin's Down Smash, what would be the maximum horizontal distance of the Fire Wave? Also, would the damage dealt be single-hit or multi-hit?

With regards to Robin's Up Smash, would the move deal single-hit or multi-hit damage? Also, would the Tornado pull nearby enemies (that did not get caught in the initiation of the attack) in towards Robin in order to connect (similar to Sheik's Burst Grenade)?

With regards to Robin's Nair, since this move can be chained at low percentages, what would be the knockback estimate for it? In addition, would this move also have low starting and ending lag so that it could be chained together?

With regards to Robin's Fair, this move would function similar to Brawl Fox's Bair in terms of speed and effect, correct? (Acting as one of Robin's Aerial Kill Moves).

With regards to Robin's Bair, could you elaborate on the "very different application" this move would have from Zelda's Uair?

With regards to Robin's Dair, how strong, relatively, would the knockback force of this move be? Would it be similar to Ike's, Ness's, C. Falcon's, DK's, Ganondorf's, etc.? Also, since you mentioned that the Meteor Smash effect would occur during the Initial Release/Contact of the move, would this move be capable of Late Contact (also, would the Late Contact have a non-downwards trajectory?)

With regards to Robin's Uair, would the maximum vertical coverage of this move be just above Robin's head, or would it be a height similar to that of Zelda's Uair? Also, how wide would the cloud of electricity be? Would this move ensnare the enemy in order to chain the multiple hits, and would the final hit deal higher knockback and damage than the earlier hits? How many hits are possible with this move?

With regards to Robin's Neutral Combo String, would the final hit be more akin to a front/side kick or more of a roundhouse kick motion? Also, how quickly could this Combo String be executed in full?

With regards to Robin's F-Tilt, would this move essentially act as a grounded version of Mega Man's Flame Sword? Also, would this move be a single quick strike, or would the flames stay out for a short time, dealing Late Contact/multi-hit damage?

With regards to Robin's U-Tilt, what would be the relative vertical coverage of this move? Also, would this move reach out to Robin's sides slightly? (Essentially, could it contact foes that are not above Robin?) Also, would the the damage be single or multi-hit, and how long would the Damage Interval of this move be?

With regards to Robin's Dash Attack, would Robin, upon execution of this move on an opponent directly in front of her, disappear and then reappear directly behind them while they take damage (so the AoE would be in the spot between where she disappears/reappears)? Or would it act simply as a singular moving hitbox like Fox's dash attack? Also, would Robin be invulnerable when she disappears?

With regards to Robin's U-Throw and B-Throw, would the damage dealt be multi or single-hit?

Wit regards to Robin's B-Throw, would Robin and her enemy simply be engulfed in a tornado (with Robin releasing the opponent)? Or would Robin spin with the opponent similar to Mario's B-Throw (and similar to the cylindrical/rotational motion of a Tornado)?

With regards to Robin's D-Throw, would it not make more logical sense for Robin, after forcing the opponent to their knees, to perform a two-handed swat with her tome (similar in motion to Peach's Side Smash), since such a motion would have much more force than a book being closed on one's face? Or does the tome Robin carries just have very long covers?

No questions for the "Flair" Section.

Some additional General Requests:
Could you provide percent-damage estimates for each of the attacks in the set?

Could you also provide knockback/trajectory and starting/ending lag estimates for each move in the set?

Thank you in advance.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read and respond to the above questions. :)

Interrogation Inquiry Session Over. Thank you again.

On the topic of what I named my avatar, and what I plan to name my avater in Subsequent Playthroughs, In Order:

1. Axel
2. Salem
3. Orson, Magnus, or Lucifer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Narwalgod

Smash Journeyman
Quebec, The land no one ever speaks about.
@ Hong Hong (and anyone else who may be interested to read)

The Giant Text Wall has Arrived:

To those that will read this:
Please note that the following Inquiry Process will proceed in a Linear Fashion following the order in which @ Hong Hong formatted the original moveset. Also, I would suggest for simplicity that all distances of the moves be in relation to the size of Battlefield (for example, "X moves travels 1/3 of the horizontal distance of Battlefields main platform."):

Okay, so with regards to Robin's N-B, I imagine this move would function similar to P:M Lucas's Neutral B, correct? Could the unfinished charge of this move be shield-canceled and saved? With regards to the Augmentation effects, would this move cause an increase in the AoE of Robin's Smash Attacks? With regards to her Special Moves, for Thoron, would the Ignis charge cause for an increase in the Size and Speed of the Thoron Orbs? For Bolganone, would this move cause the Lava Pillar to be higher/wider?

With regards to Thoron, how far, relatively speaking, could the Orbs travel before entering their hover state? Furthermore, do you mean that the direction and distance of the Thoron Orbs can be influenced only before the Hover State? Also, is it possible that with repeated presses of the B Button that multiple Thoron Orbs can be created (obviously with a number limit)? When the Orbs target an opponent, would they home in on them, or fly only in a straight line towards the position of the opponent when they were targeted?

With regards to Bolganone, would this move have charge capabilities? Also, what is the maximum relative distance that the Fire Trail could travel for this move, and once that Maximum Distance is reached, would Robin automatically unleash the attack? Furthermore, would the Lava Pillar rise out of the entire Fire Trail, or would it rise only in one spot, acting essentially like a grounded Din's Fire? If activated on a platform, would it be stopped by the platform edges, or would it drop down to the platforms below it once an edge is reached? How high does the Lava Pillar reach?

With regards to Galeforce, would this move be similar to Kirby's Final Cutter or Dedede's Super Dedede Jump in that Robin will fall infinitely (if no contact is made) after reaching the apex of the move? What would be the maximum relative vertical and horizontal distance of this move? If contact is made, would Robin bounce off the opponent similar to Captain Falcon's Raptor Boost? By "regain her jump" do you mean that Robin will simply be able to use Galeforce again or would she actually be able to jump once more? Furthermore, since Ignis applies to the kick, would Robin bounce higher off of her opponent if she connected with an Ignis augmented Galeforce?

An unimportant question with regards to Robin's Final Smash, but does Grima actually have fists, or would Robin simply pound the stage in order to cause the Spike Protrusion?

With regards to Robin's Side Smash, would the lightning strike of the second hit come from directly above the spot where contact is made,or would it come from a higher place like Pikachu's Thunder?

With regards to Robin's Down Smash, what would be the maximum horizontal distance of the Fire Wave? Also, would the damage dealt be single-hit or multi-hit?

With regards to Robin's Up Smash, would the move deal single-hit or multi-hit damage? Also, would the Tornado pull nearby enemies (that did not get caught in the initiation of the attack) in towards Robin in order to connect (similar to Sheik's Burst Grenade)?

With regards to Robin's Nair, since this move can be chained at low percentages, what would be the knockback estimate for it? In addition, would this move also have low starting and ending lag so that it could be chained together?

With regards to Robin's Fair, this move would function similar to Brawl Fox's Bair in terms of speed and effect, correct? (Acting as one of Robin's Aerial Kill Moves).

With regards to Robin's Bair, could you elaborate on the "very different application" this move would have from Zelda's Uair?

With regards to Robin's Dair, how strong, relatively, would the knockback force of this move be? Would it be similar to Ike's, Ness's, C. Falcon's, DK's, Ganondorf's, etc.? Also, since you mentioned that the Meteor Smash effect would occur during the Initial Release/Contact of the move, would this move be capable of Late Contact (also, would the Late Contact have a non-downwards trajectory?)

With regards to Robin's Uair, would the maximum vertical coverage of this move be just above Robin's head, or would it be a height similar to that of Zelda's Uair? Also, how wide would the cloud of electricity be? Would this move ensnare the enemy in order to chain the multiple hits, and would the final hit deal higher knockback and damage than the earlier hits? How many hits are possible with this move?

With regards to Robin's Neutral Combo String, would the final hit be more akin to a front/side kick or more of a roundhouse kick motion? Also, how quickly could this Combo String be executed in full?

With regards to Robin's F-Tilt, would this move essentially act as a grounded version of Mega Man's Flame Sword? Also, would this move be a single quick strike, or would the flames stay out for a short time, dealing Late Contact/multi-hit damage?

With regards to Robin's U-Tilt, what would be the relative vertical coverage of this move? Also, would this move reach out to Robin's sides slightly? (Essentially, could it contact foes that are not above Robin?) Also, would the the damage be single or multi-hit, and how long would the Damage Interval of this move be?

With regards to Robin's Dash Attack, would Robin, upon execution of this move on an opponent directly in front of her, disappear and then reappear directly behind them while they take damage (so the AoE would be in the spot between where she disappears/reappears)? Or would it act simply as a singular moving hitbox like Fox's dash attack? Also, would Robin be invulnerable when she disappears?

With regards to Robin's U-Throw and B-Throw, would the damage dealt be multi or single-hit?

Wit regards to Robin's B-Throw, would Robin and her enemy simply be engulfed in a tornado (with Robin releasing the opponent)? Or would Robin spin with the opponent similar to Mario's B-Throw (and similar to the cylindrical/rotational motion of a Tornado)?

With regards to Robin's D-Throw, would it not make more logical sense for Robin, after forcing the opponent to their knees, to perform a two-handed swat with her tome (similar in motion to Peach's Side Smash), since such a motion would have much more force than a book being closed on one's face? Or does the tome Robin carries just have very long covers?

No questions for the "Flair" Section.

Some additional General Requests:

Could you also provide knockback/trajectory and starting/ending lag estimates for each move in the set?

Thank you in advance.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read and respond to the above questions. :)

Interrogation Inquiry Session Over. Thank you again.
How do people like you manage to write these giant walls of text!? My attention span is way too sho...What were we talking about?

D

Deleted member

How do people like you manage to write these giant walls of text!? My attention span is way too sho...What were we talking about?
A love for inquiry and analysis, a lot of time, and the ability to touch type at a WPM near/over 100.

Also Black Magic and Prayers to Nah.

Hong

The Strongest
Prepare for a lot of as "As necessitated by balance/design.". The reason why I leave many fine details open to interpretation is because this is not a design document; I have no idea what will be considered weak or strong in the new Smash Bros, the full cast, what has and hasn't been done, what is reasonable, etc. For reference sake, I can work on a design document for a project I am involved with right now, and I at least know enough about the current state to make placeholder numbers. For Smash Bros, I can't.

Not only that, I found people are more likely to read a full moveset if it has fewer words to read.
Affects necessitated by balance. Probably makes it bigger, increases launch and damage. Charge can be reserved part way, unlike Offense Up. Whether or not you can use a partial charge is up to balance.
First part, necessitated by design.

You can influence only the initial position the sparks travel. When it flies towards enemies, it is not homed but merely directional. Everything like speed, damage, size, any caps if necessary, are based on play testing and balance.
It is channelled, and automatically erupts at maximum range, erupts early at ledges/platforms, pillar only appears at the point of release. Everything else as necessitated by balance.
Whether or not you can jump again depends on whether or not you've used your air jump yet. Rest as necessitated by design. Being able to pop off of them for short jump would be best for feel, however.
Holy ****. I forgot if Grima actually has arms. Now that I look at it, he doesn't. I'll change the Final Smash in my next revision. Thanks! ^~^
Comes out of the sky, bypasses terrain on its way and stops on impact with enemy.

As necessitated by design. That said, having a pull effect is a REALLY cool idea, so I'll add that in next time.
As necessitated by design.
Yes, though for what it's worth this is probably being changed to a sword strike.
Zelda hits enemies above her, Robin hits enemies on an equal level. That changes how it is used a lot.
As strong as a Ganny stomp or better. Later hit is a bloated fish carcass in power.
As necessitated by balance.
Like Snake's jab combo. Still though, this one is being changed back to a sword in the future.
One hitbox, all or nothing.
Multi-hit attack that will only hit grounded opponents if they are tall and really close. Rest as necessitated by design.
Hitbox would be while she is vanished. Rest as necessitated by design... but probably could get hit out of it even while she has disappeared since it would be very brief.
Single, or multi-hit if the developer feels it is necessary.
It is like Mario's b-throw, but you only see the release at the end.
Because shutting a book on someone's face, to a lot of people, is more interesting.

Thank you in advance.
I would not be able to do this reasonably without having all the existing data in the game already.

Chepish

Smash Cadet
NNID
Chepish
3DS FC
2638-0438-3598
So... here's my moveset concept:

First things first, how is gonna be my Robin? Well, I thought of him being a Tome/Sword fighter, with a huge focus on magic, but trying not no neglect the sword. Since he's a tactician I wanted his moveset to be as versatile as possible, and as Hong, I would like to see a trapping based playstyle. I want it to be a moveset that will make you have to use each move as a real tactician, being able to cause serious damage if successful but highly punished if failed. So... let's go!

Talking about his appearance I imagined him always carring a grey tome that will change it's color depending of which kind of magic he'll be using. As for the sword it will be in the scabbard when not used, so Robin can use magic freely.

Normal Attacks
The normal attacks will be most of them 2-3 hits atacks being a mix of sword swings and a basic magic. The basic magic used will always change once you use one of the attacks and it will always follow the order: Fire > Thunder > Wind > Fire.
Fire will have little knockback, little stun but high damage.
Thunder will have decent damage, almost no knockback, but high stun.
Wind will have almost no damage, poor stun but high knockback.
While attacking with tomes, Robin will be fully vunerable.

:GCA::GCA::GCA:

Robin wil get his sword and swing in a crescent diagonal slash, then he'll swing it horizontally, and finally he'll backstep a little and use one of the basic magic.
Fire will cause a little explosion.
Thunder will make a little and fast lightingbolt fall from the sky diagonally (it's vertical hitbox will be just a little higher than Robin's size).
Wind will make a wind gust.

:GCR::GCA::GCA:

Robin will make a fast stab his sword then he'll backstep and use the tome.
Fire will throw a fireball.
Thunder will throw a spark.
Wind will throw a little whirlwind.

:GCU::GCA::GCA:
Robin will make an arc with his sword and use magic.
Fire will make multiple explosions vertically.
Thunder will make a little lightning bolt fall from the sky vertically (it's vertical hitbox will catch all the area above Robin, similar to Pikachu's thundershock)
Wind will throw a whirlwind that will expand if it hits.

:GCD::GCA::GCA:
Robin will stab the sword in the ground and then backstep a little to use magic.
Fire will heat up the ground and burn the oponent.
Thunder will electrify the ground.
Wind will make a gust that will lift the oponent.

:GCR::GCR::GCA::GCA:
Robin will perform an horizontal arc with his sword, that will lift and throw to oponent to the opposite direction, very similar to Marth's dash attack, but lower in the height and longer in the horizontal distance. Then he'll turn behind and use the tome.
Fire will throw a fire ball that will explode if it hits.
Thunder will throw a lightning beam.
Wind will throw a whirlwind that will expand if it hits.

Aerial Attacks
The aerial attacks will be as the normal atacks compound by sword swings and tome mage, but will differ in the way that they will be fixed magic, and you won't press an aditional buttom to use it.

:GCZ:
Robin will turn 360º in a sword swing while he use Elwind that will create a whirlwind surrounding Robin. If the oponent gets hitted by the sword he'll have decent damage followed by a heavy knockback and poor damage from the whirlwind, if he gets hitted only by the whirlwind, he'll get decently knockbacked, but won't recieve any damage at all.

:GCR:
Robin will make a vartical arc followed by Elfire that will throw a crescent heatwave. The heatwave will cover a huge area and will have no stun or knockback, the damage will be weaker as the distance is larger.

:GCL:
Robin will throw his sword to the opposite direction he was facing, then he'll turn and use Elwind to create a whirlwind that will bring back his sword. If hitted by the whirlwind te oponent will be heavy knockbacked.

Robin will face down while spread his legs and aiming his arms down to use Elthunder, that will throw a lightning beam to the ground, then he'll get his sword and throw his body so that the front part will be facing the ground while he perform a stab. The lightning will make low damage but will have a heavy stun, while the stab part will work very similar to Link's downward aerial.

Robin will use Elfire to create a concentrated heatwave that will make the area upward Robin really hot, then he'll draw his sword and perform a upward arc slash. The super hot area will cover little space and won't have any knockback or stun, but will cause heavy damage.

Smash Attacks
The smash attacks will work the same as aerials, multiple hits, fixed magic. But the type of magic used won't follow the effect pattern used up till now. It will happen because none of the magic used here will be actually Robin's. :p

:GCCR:
Robin will perform two fast paced diagonal slashes while cast Celica's Gale, that will throw two fierce pinky air slashes. The first air slash will have no knockback or stun but will have monstruous damage, while the second slash won't have any damage but will make a fierce knockback.

:GCCD:
Robin will swing his sword near the ground very similar to Marth's down smash while cast Micaiah's Pyre, that will hit the ground and make it rise a lot of blaze sparks. These sparks will stay in the battlefield for a while and will cause little damage over time but will have some light stun (the oponent that pass through it will kinda of become slower).

:GCCU:
Robin will perform a fast upward stab followed by Katarina's Bolt, that will make lots of blueish bolts pierce the oponent. These bolts will stun hard at first and cause serious damage, the last one will heavily knockback the oponent.

Specials
Finally the specials! Well, now we'll have the trapping thing I was talking earlier. First, let me tell you these attacks will work in a way never seen in Smash games earlier! (although is not really a revolution XD) And now, that's strategy!
So... How it works? Well, it's fairly simple: charging.
There will be three levels of charging: non-charged, lock on-charged and fully-charged.
The non-charged special will be a default C level tome that will be used rapidly pressing and releasing :GCB:.
The lock on-charged level will be a B level tome and will used keeping the :GCB: pressed for a little while until a circle with a cross in the middle appears in the screen. After you release the button the mark will be fixed in the map and when the button is pressed again the magic will activate.
The fully-charged level will be a A level tome and will be used when you keep the :GCB: for at least 5 whole seconds and then release the button. This level of charging won't be able to be used in the air, you have to start charging in the ground (this is for not let anyone while casting for this atack).

Notes:
Charging between lock-on and fully-charged won't make the lock-on attacks stronger, but if you lock on in the air, the mark will keep moving with you until you release the buttom.
To activate the lock-on atacks you will need to use the same command used in the lock-on (:GCB: for neutral, :GCR::GCB: for forward and etc). So you can have 3 locked skill at the same time, and will have to activate one by one.

:GCB:
Fire Tome:
Arcfire

Robin will fastly cast an explosion right in front of him. Little area, high damage, low hitstun, decent knockback.

Bolganone
Robin will lock a red mark in the map and when activated it will cause multiple explosions. Medium area, fairly high damage, low stun, high knockback.
Valflame
Robin will cast for a long time a devastating magic that will cause chained explosions that will cover the whole area infront of Robin in the form of a triangle. Covers the whole area Robin is facing. Monstruous damage, decent stun, decent knockback.
:GCR::GCB:
Thunder Tome:
Arcthunder

Robin will fastly cast a lightning bolt that will cover a horizontal line in front fo him. Infinite range in front of Robin, vertically really small, poor damage, high stun, no knockback.
Thoron
Robin will lock a yellow mark in the map that will sparkle a horizontal white line crossing the screen, when activated it will shoot a lightning beam that will cross the whole map horizontally. Infinite horizontal range, vertically small to medium size, decent damage, huge stun, no knockback.
Mjölnir
Robin will cast for a long time a davastating magic that will make an immense lightning pillar fall from the sky and cover three time the horizontal size of Robin. Then a lot of lightning bolts will rebound in the ground from this pillar zigzagging in the the map. The pillar has infinite vertical range and medium horizontal area, huge damage, medium stun and huge knockback. The secundary bolts have decent damage, high stun and no knockback.

:GCU::GCB:

Wind Tome:
Arcwind

Robin will fastly cast a whirlwind while turning 360º. This works exactly as Link's uper special, used in the ground it will keep Robin in the ground, used in the air it will lift Robin. Medium area, no damage, no stun, high knockback. Less than mediocre recovery, it will activate Gale Force once if hits someone, then Robin will be able to duble jump and use Arcwind again.
Rexcalibur
Robin will lock a green mark in the map and when activated it will release a huge wind blast that will throw everyone hitted fairly far. Medium area, poor damage, no stun, heavy knockback.
Note: if
Rexcalibur is locked, you will have to activate it before be able to use Arcwind for a recovery.
Forseti
Robin will cast for a long time a devastating magic that will create a two layer wind dome shaped barrier that will throw away every oponent hitted. The inner layer will be really close to Robin and monstruous fiercing, it will have a little area surrounding Robin and will be hitkill (the only way to get hitted by the inner layer is being really near Robin at the exactly moment Forseti is activated). The outter layer will have a medium to big area, will cause decent damage, no stun and really heavy knockback.

:GCD::GCB:
Dual Guard:
It won't follow the charging caoncept, actually it will work pretty similar to the FE representant's counter, but heavily punishible if failed.

Robin will loose his balance while trying to cast some random magic, then if he gets hitted, someone at random will appear to help him, if not, he'll just fall like an idiot. He'll be helped by Lucina, Lissa, Frederick or Tharja, again, at random.

Lucina fastly draw Falchion to block the atack and then perform an arc slash. Small area, decent damage, decent stun, heavy knockback.
Frederick will appear mounted to block the atack, then he'll perform an onslaught with the spear. Medium area, heavy damage, decent stun, decent knockback.
Tharja will appear in the last second and block the atack with a dark tome and then use Ruin in front of her. In a 50% chance it will get a critical or not. If it doesn't crit, it will have decent damage, decent stun, low knockback. If it does crit, it will have huge damage, decent stun and high knockback.
Lissa will block clumsy the attack and make Robin invunerable while healling him.

Throws
Robin will use Thoron in a blade shaped bolt to pierce the oponent's heart. :troll:

:GCR:
Robin will throw all his weight in a lunge with the grip part of the sword.

:GCL:
Robin will stab his sword in the oponent and throw them backwards in an abrubt movement.

Robin will use Fire to cause a little explosion near the ground while drops the oponent.

Robin uses Arcwind to throw the oponent upward.

Final Smash
Second Seal - Invisible Ties

Robin will first use Master Seal to get promoted to Grandmaster, then Morgan will appear as a huge image in the background, as if it was a flashback from Robin, while he use Rally Spectrum. He'll be using Second Seals to change classes passing through every promoted class using their caracteristical movements while every playable character in FE:A appears the same way Morgan did. To finalize the atack, he'll get tired and turn grey as if his turn had ended, then he'll remember Olivia's image dancing and recover strenght to use the last Second Seal to get promoted to Great Lord while the image of Chrom and Lucina appears and he finally uses Aether.

That's it.
Wow, that was tiring. XD

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Prepare for a lot of as "As necessitated by balance/design.". The reason why I leave many fine details open to interpretation is because this is not a design document; I have no idea what will be considered weak or strong in the new Smash Bros, the full cast, what has and hasn't been done, what is reasonable, etc. For reference sake, I can work on a design document for a project I am involved with right now, and I at least know enough about the current state to make placeholder numbers. For Smash Bros, I can't.
Oh...

Well that was a Buzzkill. :c

I understand that we know nothing right now with regards to the balance of the game but I was just wondering about damage characteristics and such because even if it doesn't happen, hell even if the character doesn't make it into the game, I still like to have "Full" data on a moveset just for the sake of keeping my mind busy with a good moveset that might show up now and again for a character that I support. I didn't of course expect you to come out with perfect numbers that would be in the final balanced version of the game. I was just wondering from the perspective of the character being in the game with the moveset you wrote, what move characteristics you would like that character to have to go along with the moveset you produced. If it seemed like I was pressuring you to come up with numbers that encompass the full scope of the game, that was not my intention and I apologize. My mind just likes to have full data to play with so I can continue to daydream about that character in the game, I figured that maybe some numbers could be produced by using the moves you wrote, Robin's weight class and characteristics, and by making comparisons to the damage data in games we have now (and allowing for some deviation to compensate for the changes that many moves will see in Smash 4 be it damage or other characteristics). At least that's what I did when I tweaked a Ridley moveset.

But I'm no expert, you probably actually have experience with this kind of stuff and have been around a lot longer than I have. It's your moveset that you created, and of course you may not want to throw numbers out because you don't have the actual project (Smash 4) at hand to reference. I understand that and again I apologize for basically requesting something like full data right out of the gate.

Sorry about that. :ohwell:

Anyways @ Narwalgod Narwalgod I give likes to posts that either amuse me or that I consider to be an intelligent or rational thought. Keep working and I'll probably throw a like to here soon.

@ Chepish Chepish I like the Robin set you posted, the "Pikmin Magic" (As I call it ,because it cycles through the elements/types, like Olimar's Pikmin) idea is quite unique and I feel would have potential to make Robin quite unique.

Hong

The Strongest
@ Chepish Chepish
That's an amazing moveset! Wow. Very creative! The variable element and charge system is very interesting and unique, so it certainly meets the standards of the latest batch of newcomers.
Oh...

Well that was a Buzzkill. :c
"Have you ever made a game?"

Edit - D: Come on. Don't apologize to me. I am certainly in no way offended, and I greatly appreciate the feedback.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

@ Chepish Chepish
That's an amazing moveset! Wow. Very creative! The variable element and charge system is very interesting and unique, so it certainly meets the standards of the latest batch of newcomers.
"Have you ever made a game?"

Well now I just feel stupid and sad... :urg:

Also I went back and added something to that post:
I understand that we know nothing right now with regards to the balance of the game but I was just wondering about damage characteristics and such because even if it doesn't happen, hell even if the character doesn't make it into the game, I still like to have "Full" data on a moveset just for the sake of keeping my mind busy with a good moveset that might show up now and again for a character that I support. I didn't of course expect you to come out with perfect numbers that would be in the final balanced version of the game. I was just wondering from the perspective of the character being in the game with the moveset you wrote, what move characteristics you would like that character to have to go along with the moveset you produced. If it seemed like I was pressuring you to come up with numbers that encompass the full scope of the game, that was not my intention and I apologize. My mind just likes to have full data to play with so I can continue to daydream about that character in the game, I figured that maybe some numbers could be produced by using the moves you wrote, Robin's weight class and characteristics, and by making comparisons to the damage data in games we have now (and allowing for some deviation to compensate for the changes that many moves will see in Smash 4 be it damage or other characteristics). At least that's what I did when I made a Ridley moveset.

But I'm no expert, you probably actually have experience with this kind of stuff and have been around a lot longer than I have. It's your moveset that you created, and of course you may not want to throw numbers out because you don't have the actual project (Smash 4) at hand to reference. I understand that and again I apologize for basically requesting something like full data right out of the gate.

Sorry about that. :ohwell:

Hong

The Strongest
As did I, in response. Stop apologizing, gosh! We have enough Canadians in this thread.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Time to Scale the Tips!:troll:

Robin searches the rubbish tips for tactical knowledge!:troll:
"Time to Tip the Scales!"

Robin proceeds to become massively overweight so s/he can break new records on being fat. :troll:

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
I just want to express that one of the worst things about Robin is that about 90% of FE13 fanfiction I find is now some variation of "author got sucked into 3DS and is now *actually* in the game!!!1! Hijinks ensue11!!!111!!1" Someday I'm going to snap and leave scathing reviews that all amount to "You, in no way, shape, form, or dimension, do now or would ever make an interesting character."

That said, the single funniest FE13 fic I read was about Robin dismissing all the shepherds after the war was over, and that was gold.

The following is PG-13, do not click if you are uncomfortable with mature topics:
*Gaius is staring, wide-eyed, his nose and mouth covered in powdered sugar, at a pastry in Robin's hand*

"I WILL SUCK YOUR **** FOR THAT."

... Well ... 'mature'.

Hong

The Strongest
Another post about why Colosseum is the most boring stage, and I dearly hope we get another stage from Fire Emblem.

It's kind of funny. Arena Ferox has a lot of the same elements, in that it is a clear-cut environment intended for fighting, and transforms. But Arena Ferox is better for a multitude of reasons.

1) It has actual ledges. Recovery is an important part of what makes Smash Bros, Smash Bros. The ledge game is so immensely sophisticated and so much about the game is designed around it.
2) It has better colour variety.
3) Subjective, but having an audience at least helps keep the environment lively
4) It doesn't just raise platforms; it raises shapes. Walls, statues, barriers, etc. Much more stage variation.

They can always pull a Nabbit on us and reveal a feature for the stage that was not on the demo, but I'm not sure if anything can save Colosseum. If we're lucky, an Awakening character could justify getting two Fire Emblem stages on the Wii U.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
What stage would you prefer? I personally was always hoping for Grima's Back to be a Wii U stage, that would probably look amazing. It would also be a great Robin stage AND kind of a Marth stage too actually.

Likewise, I always wanted a Dragon's Gate stage to represent Rekka no Ken and Lyn/Hector, but sadly it seems those two will never be playable, darn it all.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
What stage would you prefer? I personally was always hoping for Grima's Back to be a Wii U stage, that would probably look amazing. It would also be a great Robin stage AND kind of a Marth stage too actually.

Likewise, I always wanted a Dragon's Gate stage to represent Rekka no Ken and Lyn/Hector, but sadly it seems those two will never be playable, darn it all.
I disagree entirely. I think a Radiant Dawn stage would be preferable, because we've already got an Awakening stage. Make the Radiant Dawn stage the Tower of Guidance, and allow the 3DS to get Castle Siege back (but re-brand it as Akaneia maybe :p).

Another post about why Colosseum is the most boring stage, and I dearly hope we get another stage from Fire Emblem.

It's kind of funny. Arena Ferox has a lot of the same elements, in that it is a clear-cut environment intended for fighting, and transforms. But Arena Ferox is better for a multitude of reasons.

1) It has actual ledges. Recovery is an important part of what makes Smash Bros, Smash Bros. The ledge game is so immensely sophisticated and so much about the game is designed around it.
2) It has better colour variety.
3) Subjective, but having an audience at least helps keep the environment lively
4) It doesn't just raise platforms; it raises shapes. Walls, statues, barriers, etc. Much more stage variation.

They can always pull a Nabbit on us and reveal a feature for the stage that was not on the demo, but I'm not sure if anything can save Colosseum. If we're lucky, an Awakening character could justify getting two Fire Emblem stages on the Wii U.
The Colosseum doesn't have an audience? Hmm... I thought it did. I like the look of the colosseum, but I don't like how it has nothing going on really. I think what would work well for the Colosseum is have a series of past FE characters pop up and battle on the Colosseum as if they were training their skills... but against YOU. Naturally they'd only have a few attacks and could be KO'd like AT's.

Weeman

Smash Crusader

Radiant Dawn's Tower of Guidance would be cool.

Top Bottom