• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Hong

The Strongest
Hmm... Chrom Punch? Yeah, okay. Technically all of Little Mac's moves can be a Chrom Punch if that's the match-up.:troll:
I mean, C. Falcon's punch isn't FalconING punch and Ganondorf's isn't WarlockING punch. :ohwell:
Technically speaking, you get to experience what it is like to be a falcon in flight after being hit by the Falcon Punch.

D

Deleted member

Hmm... Chrom Punch? Yeah, okay. Technically all of Little Mac's moves can be a Chrom Punch if that's the match-up.:troll:
Technically speaking, you get to experience what it is like to be a falcon in flight after being hit by the Falcon Punch.
So does that mean if I get hit by Warlock Punch I get to be a warlock?

I really wish someone would name their punch "Psychic Punch" and then hit me with it so I could be psychic.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
We all know the story of how Melee got six clones late in development over the potential inclusion of one more unique character; it goes to show the relative ease with which the pool of newcomers can be padded to satisfy the requests for a popular character. And, you know, Toon Link still being a thing that exists.
Regarding Toon Link, my opinion still remains unchanged that his inclusion in the game was seen as necessary due to how big he is in the LoZ franchise. He represents another timeline entirely while many of the previous semi-clones were definitely not needed. And since no other semi-clones have been revealed, room for speculation remains.
And that's why I don't think we should be on clone watch yet. The only two characters we've had so far that are even close are Luigi and Toon Link, and they're both very important characters in their franchises as a whole, with the former being one of the most important Mario characters and the latter representing an entire timeline the other Zelda reps don't cover.

We haven't had a single newcomer clone or half-clone yet. Let's hope they don't break that just for the sake of sticking to their original list.

Hong

The Strongest
Yeah. Luigi is unarguably a character who HAS to exist because Mario exists and HAS to have similarities to Mario by virtue of his character. They try to make him different where ever they can within reason. All they could really do if they wanted to stretch is give him the Thunderhand. That said, both Mario and Luigi are actually far from interesting characters in of themselves, but they are, whether I like them or not, the most important members of the cast.

Toon Link is a precarious one. The most logical thing to have done was had a single, younger Link, since Link technically is a youth in the majority of his appearances. Now that we have a (young) Adult Link, however, it's a bit of a tough call. No doubt that Toon Link could have had his own specials, but regardless he is a character that merits so much importance that it would be tricky not to include another Link. Besides, his attributes completely flip the table in how he is played, so I'll let it pass.

I also just want to throw out there that @ Gingerbread Man Gingerbread Man has given me permission to add new movesets and supporters to the first post. If you want to be added to the list of Tacticians, just post and I'll get to it. ( ' ▽ ')/

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Yeah. Luigi is unarguably a character who HAS to exist because Mario exists and HAS to have similarities to Mario by virtue of his character. They try to make him different where ever they can within reason. All they could really do if they wanted to stretch is give him the Thunderhand. That said, both Mario and Luigi are actually far from interesting characters in of themselves, but they are, whether I like them or not, the most important members of the cast.

Toon Link is a precarious one. The most logical thing to have done was had a single, younger Link, since Link technically is a youth in the majority of his appearances. Now that we have a (young) Adult Link, however, it's a bit of a tough call. No doubt that Toon Link could have had his own specials, but regardless he is a character that merits so much importance that it would be tricky not to include another Link. Besides, his attributes completely flip the table in how he is played, so I'll let it pass.

I also just want to throw out there that @ Gingerbread Man Gingerbread Man has given me permission to add new movesets and supporters to the first post. If you want to be added to the list of Tacticians, just post and I'll get to it. ( ' ▽ ')/
I am on the list, right?

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Robin's grabs should consist of picking both hands of the other characters in a proposal pose and them throwing them around. :awesome:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Robin's grabs should consist of picking both hands of the other characters in a proposal pose and them throwing them around. :awesome:
That would be hilarious. Completely accurate to Robin's character, too.

By the way, I'm on the support list, right?

Hong

The Strongest
Honestly? I wouldn't be mad if Chrom or Robin represented the support system as some kind of wacky, rather affectionate fighting style. It has been around for a while now.
That would be hilarious. Completely accurate to Robin's character, too.

By the way, I'm on the support list, right?
You'll get no sympathy from me, Gematsu cultist.:4myfriends:

It's already there.

Stalkos

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1977-0277-9521
Send your lord to TALK to me, and add me to your ranks!

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
I wasn't aware there where so many people active here that wheren't already listed on the OP.
I, for one, like this unforeseen development. A lot.

Guess it was a good idea of Gingerbread Man to allow Hong to do some of the organizational work, seeing how he is far less active than some of us :3

Chepish

Smash Cadet
NNID
Chepish
3DS FC
2638-0438-3598
You can add me to the support list as well. : p

Anyways, I just made it to the final chapter in lunatic mode without the DLC stages, I'm so happy!!11!1 :shiro:
But I can't beat Grima now! TT - TT Plus, I don't have armsmith in any of my characters, and it seems like it will be impossible to get it. But I still have some paralogs to complete and level up some of my characters. I wonder how Morgan will be, right now as a sage he has 51 mag and its not capped yet (Robin as a Sorcerer has 48 mag capped).

I'll try to give Robin my own smash moveset later as well. XD (seems fun to make one :p)

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
You can add me to the support list as well. : p

Anyways, I just made it to the final chapter in lunatic mode without the DLC stages, I'm so happy!!11!1 :shiro:
But I can't beat Grima now! TT - TT Plus, I don't have armsmith in any of my characters, and it seems like it will be impossible to get it. But I still have some paralogs to complete and level up some of my characters. I wonder how Morgan will be, right now as a sage he has 51 mag and its not capped yet (Robin as a Sorcerer has 48 mag capped).

I'll try to give Robin my own smash moveset later as well. XD (seems fun to make one :p)
Well, you probably should do the paralogues and try Grima again. If you don't have/don't want to abuse DLC on your Lunatic playthrough every map counts double! Also, if you have the money for a second seal on Robin, I'm not certain if sorceror is the best final class for him/her. Though a caster class is probably the best if you chose Magic+ as a trait in the beginning. I just always liked to finish my game with Robin as a Grandmaster.

If you want to have a decent format for your moveset, feel free to steal the one I used. From what I've been told, it was pretty easy to read. And it'd safe you a lot of work ;)

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I'm in support of a special edition Robin in Villager class that made use of the wondrous and oh so rare Tree Banch, Log, and Ladle items.

I'd play in Doubles with a Villager main all day.

D

Deleted member

I wish to be included in the supporter list.

Also @ Chepish Chepish be sure to be thoroughly detailed with your moveset. That way I won't have to assault you with an absolutely gigantic wall of text when you post it, only a small one.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Out of all the characters that people make custom movesets for, checking in on the movesets made for Robin intrigue me the most. There's so much that you can pick and choose to put into it, the ideas and potential for them are limitless. A lot of you have impressed me with what you've come up with.

Hell, I might actually make one.

D

Deleted member

Out of all the characters that people make custom movesets for, checking in on the movesets made for Robin intrigue me the most. There's so much that you can pick and choose to put into it, the ideas and potential for them are limitless. A lot of you have impressed me with what you've come up with.

Hell, I might actually make one.
For whatever reason I'm horribly uncreative when it comes to making an initial idea but I can analyze and tweak the hell out of something that someone else produces.

Quite an odd situation I'm in. :ohwell:

Please go ahead and make one, I enjoy building text-walls of analysis.

Last edited by a moderator:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Characters in this series seem to have Assist Trophies that accompany them in some way, whether they're rivals, allies, or even arch-enemies. If Robin's playable, then my personal choice for a Fire Emblem Awakening AT that could accompany him or her is Validar. (Or perhaps Chrom:troll:, but that's not where I'm getting at.)

When he is summoned, Validar appears from within an aura of dark magic, laughing menacingly. Validar casts a teleportation spell, moving himself across the stage to the nearest enemy player. His main attack is the spell Nosferatu, dealing 10-30% damage with little-to-no knockback, healing the summoner with the exact same amount. He will proceed to do this for about three times, before finally disappearing.

I imagine that he would be somewhat easy to avoid, but chances are at least one player is going to be attacked, especially if he's a small stage.

If a player who isn't Robin summons him, he'll say "You cannot escape fate!". But if a Robin player summons him, he will say to him/her, "As you command, my liege…"

And yes, I'm aware that he never used Nosferatu in the original game, but honestly, do you think it would be out of character?

D

Deleted member

Characters in this series seem to have Assist Trophies that accompany them in some way, whether they're rivals, allies, or even arch-enemies. If Robin's playable, then my personal choice for a Fire Emblem Awakening AT that could accompany him or her is Validar. (Or perhaps Chrom:troll:, but that's not where I'm getting at.)

When he is summoned, Validar appears from within an aura of dark magic, laughing menacingly. Validar casts a teleportation spell, moving himself across the stage to the nearest enemy player. His main attack is the spell Nosferatu, dealing 10-30% damage with little-to-no knockback, healing the summoner with the exact same amount. He will proceed to do this for about three times, before finally disappearing.

I imagine that he would be somewhat easy to avoid, but chances are at least one player is going to be attacked, especially if he's a small stage.

If a player who isn't Robin summons him, he'll say "You cannot escape fate!". But if a Robin player summons him, he will say to him/her, "As you command, my liege…"

And yes, I'm aware that he never used Nosferatu in the original game, but honestly, do you think it would be out of character?
Well Shadow's Chaos Control never turned the entire screen red and black (to the point of almost no visibility) and slowing down time, it only did the latter. So I don't see why not, Validar, as a Sorcerer, does use Dark Magic after all.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well Shadow's Chaos Control never turned the entire screen red and black (to the point of almost no visibility) while also slowing down time in his game. So I don't see why not, Validar, as a Sorcerer, does use Dark Magic after all.
Chaos Control has numerous different effects, so that's not accurate at all. Chaos Control is simply the ability to control time and space. It can speed up time, slow it down, stop time, or any number of things. In the case of slowing down time, typically what it does is slows down all time but himself so he has the appearance of moving to new locations instantly. Chaos Control IS known to slow down time in the Sonic games, and when he uses Chaos Control in Shadow the Hedgehog (his game), he slows down all time but himself and moves very fast.

Turning the screen black and red usually doesn't happen, though, instead what tends to happen is the colors are inverted. The black and red may be based on the time portals created during SONIC the Hedgehog, which require two people capable of using Chaos Control and two separate Chaos Emeralds.

That said, Validar using Nosferatu wouldn't be out of character because Validar is a Sorcerer anyway.

Lyn is from a completely different game, she has no connections to any of the playable Fire Emblem characters right now, and the only other connection is being a potential mother of Roy (who wasn't even in Brawl).

Although there probably won't be a playable character from past FE games at this point, I think that rather than just the game being filled with Awakening AT's, we're more likely to get AT's from past titles fill up the FE AT slots. I don't find Validar particularly likely for that reason.

D

Deleted member

Turning the screen black and red usually doesn't happen
This was the non-canon characteristic that I was referring to, Chaos Control typically doesn't darken the surroundings with such an Aura. I know that Chaos Control controls time and space, I've played through Shadow the Hedgehog and a few other Sonic games and I know all about it's abilities and what it does (including the negative-style color change, which you mentioned).

Sorry for the confusion.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Lyn is from a completely different game, she has no connections to any of the playable Fire Emblem characters right now, and the only other connection is being a potential mother of Roy (who wasn't even in Brawl).

Although there probably won't be a playable character from past FE games at this point, I think that rather than just the game being filled with Awakening AT's, we're more likely to get AT's from past titles fill up the FE AT slots. I don't find Validar particularly likely for that reason.
I probably should have clarified that there were some exceptions. I didn't say that all Assist Trophies were connected to the characters in some tangible way, but they usually are.

We don't even know how much representation FE: Awakening is going to get. All we know so far is that Arena Ferox is a stage, adult!Tiki is a collectable trophy, and Robin's theme is the music chosen for that stage.

It's impossible to say that Fire Emblem won't get any new ATs, or that they'll only consist of characters from past games. For all we know, the rest of the franchise's representation in SSB4 that's left unrevealed could only consist of stuff from Awakening.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I probably should have clarified that there were some exceptions. I didn't say that all Assist Trophies were connected to the characters in some tangible way, but they usually are.

We don't even know how much representation FE: Awakening is going to get. All we know so far is that Arena Ferox is a stage, adult!Tiki is a collectable trophy, and Robin's theme is the music chosen for that stage.
Yeah, I don't think Awakening is going to get as BIG of a representation as most people are thinking. Certainly not the same as Kid Icarus: Uprising; Uprising is probably getting so much attention because its the first and only 3D game in the Kid Icarus series (plus Sakurai just came off of making that game). For Awakening, I'm anticipating a few trophies, one character, Arena Ferox, and MAYBE some enemies, but probably with enemies mixed in from past games, too. Colosseum and Ike returning prove that Sakurai wants to represent more of the series and not just Awakening.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
add me to the support list! : D

Validar would be an amazing boss character if bosses characters in general didn't sucked on uber ice.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Hey i got a question, who was your strongest unit in awakening? Mine was the Donnel.
...Is Morgan an acceptable answer or does Morgan not count because he/she is so amazing?

In my Lunatic+ playthrough, I run a Manakete Morgan with the skills Pavise, Aegis, Renewal, Ignis and Limit Breaker. She doesn't die unless she fails to kill an enemy with Counter on the Apotheosis map on enemy phase and there's a bunch of people with Counter. With Dragonstone+, her stats are:

Str: 63
Mag: 53
Skill: 48
Spd: 46 (Only thing I'm not a fan of)
Lck: 57
Def: 73
Res: 64

And when she's paired with her hubby Yarne, her stats continue to skyrocket. I won't even go there when it comes to Rallying ;)

But if we're basing this on pure strength, Gerome hits HARD. Great tanker and support, featuring Luna and Aggressor as skills, equipped with forged Brave weapons, he WILL kill everything.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hey i got a question, who was your strongest unit in awakening? Mine was the Donnel.
Donnel, Inigo, Yarne and Nah were mine.

Yarne happened to be Donnel's son in my first playthrough so his stats and growth were quite nice, I capped all stats with Nah first though.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
If amazingness could get you disqualified, The donnel wouldn't be allowed.
I would've said Donnel because I love the guy, but he doesn't prove to be as effective in the higher difficulties (at least for me). Funny how you refer to him as "The Donnel" though. I do that too.

Another question would be, aside from the children, who were your better units?

Kjelle as daughter of Donnel, that woman destroys souls.
I always went with Kjelle as Vaike's daughter. Passed down Axefaire due to Vaike's access to the Barbarian tree and let her go to town. I have her as a tanking Hero using a Sol + Vantage combo. She stays alive and kills everything. Love her.

Top Bottom