• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I hate how Smashboards decides to randomly stop giving me notifications for this thread >_>

Btw, thank you @ Hong Hong and @The_Cardinal for the advice earlier. I think I'll just stick with Shulk/Zelda.
We need to plan our revenge against the Zelda Social Thread. It cannot be spur of the moment. It must be planned out in meticulous detail. We must have Sonic OCs, FE:A Shippings, Shippings and Hunger Game things all ready to go.
What you mentioned is 1/2 as crazy as what we do on a regular basis so have fun :^)

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Because
1. Most people believe Melee is fine as it is.
2. I don't think 20XX is a mod in the same vein as Project M, but more of a "Do whatever you want" training debug mod.
1. So everyone playing only fox and Marth is fine? :ohwell: that make no sense.
2.Ah okay, that makes sense, thanks Weeman :).

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I went back to look at the Shulk pic and I gotta say, that is the cutest version of Rugby Shirt I have seen, so much so that i want to have that part as my avatar but I suck at cutting pictures.
You've come to the right place. I got your back brah.

villager_rugby_bulge.png

I think I really captured the spirit of the piece.
Shulk's piece.

But for real, I got you.

villager_rugby.png

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
I just realized something...

It's been 9 pages since NSG Liked a post.

That's gotta be a record.

Although @ NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy Did you REALLY have to like that little flaming **** Troll Blazer's posts? I know you've made it your mission to like every single post in the thread, but come on man. How can you even contemplate hitting the like button for that crap? I mean, really... You've gotta draw a line somewhere, and that inbred's posts were it.

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
In regards to the Shulk picture... I can't decide if I should say something about compensating for something...

I'm afraid that if I do, I'll get the U R DED song again. But if I don't, my opinion will go unspoken and unheard....

Tell ya what. It's 0113 where I am. So I'll go to bed, and when I return to the SmashBoards when I get a chance, we'll be back to Sonic OCs or somesuch, so it won't be necessary.

In any event, I'm outta here for now.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
@ NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy Did you REALLY have to like that little flaming **** Troll Blazer's posts? I know you've made it your mission to like every single post in the thread, but come on man. How can you even contemplate hitting the like button for that crap? I mean, really... You've gotta draw a line somewhere, and that inbred's posts were it.
This is overstepping boundaries a little. I didn't like any post I found insulting.

I actually found it hella funny that the little b***ard was acting like a little 9 year old who just had his Sonic OC bashed.

Edit: probably gonna get infracted for that.:dizzy:

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
This is overstepping boundaries a little. I didn't like any post I found insulting.

I actually found it hella funny that the little b***ard was acting like a little 9 year old who just had his Sonic OC bashed.

Edit: probably gonna get infracted for that.:dizzy:
Honestly, when viewed from this perspective, I find it acceptable to like it.

Doesn't change the fact he was an ***hat, just makes it palatable, like adding honey to the world's ****tiest tea.

It's gorgeous
Which?

And thank you.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Honestly, when viewed from this perspective, I find it acceptable to like it.
I don't take any internet scuffle seriously, and when something like that happens I can't help but laugh even a little.

It reminded me of a time I was on IGN(?) and someone uploaded a Sonic OC to there. I told him that all he did was recolor Shadow, he flipped d**k and somehow got me banned. First time I've ever actually lol'd.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I mean, really... You've gotta draw a line somewhere, and that inbred's posts were it.
I understand that he was a *******, but insulting him like that brings you down to his level. Let's not go there.

Being a mod will desensitize you to trolling and flaming. Fast.

:231:

Hong

The Strongest
Kind of embarrassing for people to be bashing another user like that in the Robin thread.

It was a sore sight before he was banned. It's even more of an embarrassment now.

If you don't like somebody, one of the worst things you can do is give them attention and energy; you are letting them win, and they are spending less energy than you. To make matters worse, you are helping them intoxicate the air. You are just helping said user bring down the atmosphere. While I encourage tacticians to stand up for each other, you should do so with maturity and responsibility. If someone is going to hang themselves and get banned, just let them exhaust their privilege and the staff will ban them.

To those that simply ignored him and let him defeat himself, I thank you for that.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Kind of embarrassing for people to be bashing another user like that in the Robin thread.

It was a sore sight before he was banned. It's even more of an embarrassment now.

If you don't like somebody, one of the worst things you can do is give them attention and energy; you are letting them win, and they are spending less energy than you. To make matters worse, you are helping them intoxicate the air. You are just helping said user bring down the atmosphere. While I encourage tacticians to stand up for each other, you should do so with maturity and responsibility. If someone is going to hang themselves and get banned, just let them exhaust their privilege and the staff will ban them.

To those that simply ignored him and let him defeat himself, I thank you for that.
I hate to bash him as I used to have some serious respect for the guy, back when he was Xenoblaze. Honestly though, that was uncalled for and when you apologized for it kinda broke my heart because you had no idea any of that was going to happen, you weren't to blame. I'm glad I wasn't here for it.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Ah, yes. Good. Just what I want to see in a squire: Initiative!

Here. You may hold it. You have earned it on this day.

Yes my lord!
.....Can I eat this?
On a side note, I really hope we see magic be divided again in FE If, I really don't like the general purpose tome weapon class, gimme my element specialized mages,

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Ibid with regards to @ Hong Hong , with the addendum that I grew up with a brother who emotionally shattered me with constant insults, jeers, putdowns and smacktalk.* I spent a long time trying to get him to stop, telling him how sensitive I was and how I didn't like the way he treated me, and he just laughed and kept on keepin' on.

That being said, I am very grateful to him for doing it. I realised after a while that he wasn't doing it to be malicious or to be a ****: he was doing it because he cares about me, and in his own twisted and morbid way, that's his method of displaying affection. He wanted to make me stronger by subjecting me to all the crap the world can throw at me, 'til I became so hardened by it that I resolved to stand up and laugh right back at it. The moment I started laughing back and legitimately appreciated his efforts, he stopped doing it and began to treat me with respect and dignity. He still trolls me to hell and back, but I know now that he did it out of...

Well, I can hardly say love. But it was certainly done out of a strange sort of altruism.

Now I'm not saying that it excuses people being ***** for the sake of being *****. But it's good to know that - and I can confirm this from personal experience - sometimes it is best to just laugh at the world and not take things so seriously. You just have to be willing to be the better person and, when the world tries to beat you down, stand up and tell it where to shove it.

It worked for me, at least. :3

* I shall refrain from repeating some of the things he said, because they are not fit for a public forum full of nice and friendly people, and anyway the filter system would render it vocally redundant.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Ibid with regards to @ Hong Hong , with the addendum that I grew up with a brother who emotionally shattered me with constant insults, jeers, putdowns and smacktalk.* I spent a long time trying to get him to stop, telling him how sensitive I was and how I didn't like the way he treated me, and he just laughed and kept on keepin' on.

That being said, I am very grateful to him for doing it. I realised after a while that he wasn't doing it to be malicious or to be a ****: he was doing it because he cares about me, and in his own twisted and morbid way, that's his method of displaying affection. He wanted to make me stronger by subjecting me to all the crap the world can throw at me, 'til I became so hardened by it that I resolved to stand up and laugh right back at it. The moment I started laughing back and legitimately appreciated his efforts, he stopped doing it and began to treat me with respect and dignity. He still trolls me to hell and back, but I know now that he did it out of...

Well, I can hardly say love. But it was certainly done out of a strange sort of altruism.

Now I'm not saying that it excuses people being ****s for the sake of being ****s. But it's good to know that - and I can confirm this from personal experience - sometimes it is best to just laugh at the world and not take things so seriously. You just have to be willing to be the better person and, when the world tries to beat you down, stand up and tell it where to shove it.

It worked for me, at least. :3

* I shall refrain from repeating some of the things he said, because they are not fit for a public forum full of nice and friendly people, and anyway the filter system would render it vocally redundant.
He probably called you a Diddy main

Hong

The Strongest
What the heck went on in the last page?:p
Robin mating call attracted the wrong kind of bird, again:4falco::4falcon::4dedede:
I hate to bash him as I used to have some serious respect for the guy, back when he was Xenoblaze. Honestly though, that was uncalled for and when you apologized for it kinda broke my heart because you had no idea any of that was going to happen, you weren't to blame. I'm glad I wasn't here for it.
Ah, dear friend, come here.

Suppose there are times when a protector can become the protected. I am thankful for such friends.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
We need to plan our revenge against the Zelda Social Thread. It cannot be spur of the moment. It must be planned out in meticulous detail. We must have Sonic OCs, FE:A Shippings, Shippings and Hunger Game things all ready to go.
In case you didn't know, I have enough hands full monitoring this thread and it's insanity. So I prefer to not go further with these plans as it would have disastrous results to my figure and reputation as this thread's heavenly guardian.

Have a nice day.

(I'm now itching to become a mod now, actually...)

Last edited:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist

Aptly put, Hong. I honestly couldn't have said it better myself. Thank you for conveying my thoughts into words. ^_^

As a famous, or perhaps infamous, Disney song once put it..........

Hong

The Strongest
Psst, is there anyway I could try signing up for being a mod?
Mods are selected among members of the community who display good character, make valuable contributions, and/or are very active. Scarcely does one simply apply to become a moderator; we select people as we need them. We need only people who will cover up for our shortcomings and fill in the holes of our service.

If you want to know more, drop me a message and we'll talk it out.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Legends say I was once considered as a mod.

Then they realized that they'd just misfiled my name in the canidates box. ;)

Did he return?

Great, now I feel bad for responding to him before I ignored him. :/

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
As a famous, or perhaps infamous, Disney song once put it..........
Wait, wait, I know this one!

"It means no worries for the rest of your days..."

Wait, wait no.

"A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

Wait, still wrong.

"I'll make a man out of you!"

I give up.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301

Wait, wait no.

Wait, still wrong.

I give up.
It's alright. I believe you can go the distance.

It begins.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Incidentally, I've added you lovely lot to my Wii U friends list (or at least those on this page whom I've conversed with before).

You may accept / decline at your leisure - depending upon which I may or may not cry into my pillow and leap out of an upper-story window, Denholm Reynholm style.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!

Wait, wait no.

Wait, still wrong.

I give up.
Maybe Syrek was referring to a villain song!

"And I've got friends on the other side."

... No scratch that.

"No one's slick as Gaston. No one's quick as Gaston..."

Hang on Syrek was talking about that Frozen song!

"I've been searching my whole life to find my own place."

Was I close?

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
What...what was that pun feast that happened last page?
:sadsheep: Makes me sad that I'm not good with pun wars.

Either way, here's the wallpaper @ redfeatherraven redfeatherraven wanted, I hope you like at least one of backgrounds oO I had some struggle trying to decide what to do for that.
Hope it doesn't is too strong for the eyes

Three versions because I suck at coming up with backgrounds sometimes, yeah.
The last one looks the best for me, though. Maybe I just prefer simple things.
The other two were made because I thought an apple would look funny in the background.

Wait, wat. Did we just enter the Disney Song territory?
Well, I know it's just barely related, but I like this ending:
As someone who likes games, Wreck it Ralph had me going back in the film just to get all Easter eggs.

Last edited:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Let's get down to business
To defeat the Grimleal.
Did they send me novices
When I asked for grandmasters?

You're the saddest bunch I ever met
But you can bet before we're through
Gamers, I'll make a Tactician
Out of you.

Tranquil as a forest
But on fire within.
Once you find your center
You are sure to win.

You're a spineless, pale pathetic lot
And you haven't got a clue.
Somehow I'll make a Tactician
Out of you.

NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy :I'm never gonna catch my breath
Shaymikyu Shaymikyu : Say goodbye to those who knew me
Wintropy Wintropy : Boy, was I a fool in school for cutting gym
LIQUID12A LIQUID12A : This guy's got them scared to death
Hong Hong : Hope he doesn't see right through me
The Merc The Merc : Now I really wish that I knew how to swim

BE A TACTICIAN!
We must be swift as a coursing river
BE A TACTICIAN!
With all the force of a great typhoon
BE A TACTICIAN!
With all the strength of a raging Arcfire
Mysterious as the dark side of the moon

Time is racing toward us
'til the Grimleal arrive.
Heed my every order
And you might survive.

You're unsuited for the rage of war
So pack up, go home you're through
How could I make a Tactician
Out of you?

BE A TACTICIAN!
BE A TACTICIAN!
BE A TACTICIAN!

BE A TACTICIAN!
BE A TACTICIAN!
BE A TACTICIAN!

Last edited:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428

Wait, wait no.

Wait, still wrong.

I give up.
"Like fire! Hellfire... this fire in my skin!
This burning... desire! It's turning me to sin..."

Last edited:
Top Bottom