• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
^^ Totally agreed, male Robin is more of an calm, collected, strategic tactician when it comes to fighting, whereas female Robin has the sass which makes her more of a fighter.. although she does say "time to tip the scales!" correctly, which is a very important asset to have.

PS: Default colouring ftw!
I prefer Male Robin because he fits the strategist/tactician role he's known for...And because WHITE MAGE ROBIN FTW.

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
So, I am thinking about getting Fire Emblem Awakening. How is the story like and how difficult is it for someone who isnt familiar with FE? From what I've seen, it is a RPG just like Pokemon. I play Pokemon a lot competitively, might that help?

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
So, I am thinking about getting Fire Emblem Awakening. How is the story like and how difficult is it for someone who isnt familiar with FE? From what I've seen, it is a RPG just like Pokemon. I play Pokemon a lot competitively, might that help?
The plot of Awakening, in my opinion, was not bad although I feel that it had some execution flaws in its storytelling. The other tacticians here may feel otherwise though.

Awakening was essentially my first FE as well (deliberately ignores Shadow Dragon) and I do recall struggling a bit in the beginning (played it on Hard Classic first) but I remember getting the hang of the FE system and way of thinking after chapter 3 or so. Admittedly, my problems probably stemmed from the fact that I initially tried playing it like Final Fantasy Tactics which backfired like crazy.

FE is completely different from Pokemon and is not even in the same category of RPGs as everyone's favorite Gotta Catch 'Em All. So playing Pokemon will not help much with FE. Although if you play it competitively, you certainly can do FE if that's what you're getting at.

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
Thanks for the reply.:) After exploring about the characters in Smash I didnt know about, I was really fond of Lucina and Robin, so I thought why not explor more about them.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Yep, 2015 is the bane of my wallet, new Fire Emblem, Star Fox AND Zelda??!! All coming probably really close to each other by the end of the year? "I can feel the money loosening from my wallet already"

Honestly, was 2014 any different?

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
The plot of Awakening, in my opinion, was not bad although I feel that it had some execution flaws in its storytelling. The other tacticians here may feel otherwise though.

Awakening was essentially my first FE as well (deliberately ignores Shadow Dragon) and I do recall struggling a bit in the beginning (played it on Hard Classic first) but I remember getting the hang of the FE system and way of thinking after chapter 3 or so. Admittedly, my problems probably stemmed from the fact that I initially tried playing it like Final Fantasy Tactics which backfired like crazy.

FE is completely different from Pokemon and is not even in the same category of RPGs as everyone's favorite Gotta Catch 'Em All. So playing Pokemon will not help much with FE. Although if you play it competitively, you certainly can do FE if that's what you're getting at.
Hey, no plot is perfect. I happened to enjoy Awakening's as well.

And now the State of the Union address is starting....

Pikachewy99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PikachewySAC
3DS FC
4270-1328-9930
Holy Naga there's a lot of new people here WELCOME. I was just scrolling through and catching up on the forums. Luckily there weren't like 20 pages for me to read. For the most part I won't be very active (but there may be some bursts of activity from me here and there), but it's nice to check back on you guys once in a while. :p

Oh right, I'm sure you guys haven't seen this (unless you've hardcore stalked me) I sketched out this picture of Lucina that I posted on the Lucina forums, I thought you guys would appreciate seeing it:

Oh also, does anyone know of some good Robin players in Smash4? I want to watch some matches of what they do and study up *^*
*-* It looks great!

Meta651

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meta651
>Arrive from work really late
>Checks Smashboards
>12 Alerts "WTF happened?"
>11 likes from Gunblaze

Fire Emblem Awakening is a really different RPG compared to Pokemon but is fun as hell if you like RPG. I bought it with almost 0 information and I love it, is in my top games list. The story is good, nothing really splendid but is really enjoyable. My first run was Normal/Classic and I didn't have much of a problem, now I'm doing a Hard/Classic and it feels more challenging and interesting because in FE you need to keep safe your troops.

Compared to Competitive Pokemon I think you can relate some soldiers. If you like to name like this you can have Tanks, Physical Sweeper, Special Sweeper, Mixed Sweeper and Glass Cannons. One example is Kellam you can think of like you Physical tank and Chrom as your Physical Sweeper. But no more like that. Also there's breeding but more interesting so maybe you enjoy that too.

Honestly, was 2014 any different?
Dude I bought so many games in 2014 and sadly 2015 is looking no different. I think I need to start saving money. I already looking for Monster Hunter 4, Xenoblade Chronicles X apart from the new Star Fox,Zelda and FE. My poor wallet.

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
You're welcome :) . Ah another M!Robin support. And you like the green alt too. I always choose between the green or default Alt when playing as Robin cause the default is awesome and the green reminds me of my avatar.

Speaking of my avatar, @ Pikachewy99 Pikachewy99 would adore that third picture you have got.
I always alternate between green, white mage and default, though I've been picking green and default more recently.

Is that so? then, @ Pikachewy99 Pikachewy99 , I've got more just for ya :happysheep: People seem to love crossovers with Robin/Pikachu :4robinm::4pikachu:
Btw, your drawings are awesome <3 Compared to me, who can only dig around the internet after images 8D

Also, I've found a pretty nice image teaching Robin's specials, even though the B one might be a bit incomplete. Some skills names seem to be wrong, too, could be because the person who made it mistranslated them from Japanese to English

...I think, I really should create a Robin fanart thread sometime 8D Only thing preventing me is the Robin image thread that seems to be dead.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I always alternate between green, white mage and default, though I've been picking green and default more recently.

Is that so? then, @ Pikachewy99 Pikachewy99 , I've got more just for ya :happysheep: People seem to love crossovers with Robin/Pikachu :4robinm::4pikachu:
Btw, your drawings are awesome <3 Compared to me, who can only dig around the internet after images 8D

Also, I've found a pretty nice image teaching Robin's specials, even though the B one might be a bit incomplete. Some skills names seem to be wrong, too, could be because the person who made it mistranslated them from Japanese to English

...I think, I really should create a Robin fanart thread sometime 8D Only thing preventing me is the Robin image thread that seems to be dead.
Oh man, they're all so adorable X3.

Hey, you see to be good at finding cross overs, correct? I was just wondering if you could find one of Robin with Link (more specifically Young Link) but not in a fanfic cross over form, more like the ones u just uploaded. Can you do that for me, please, only if you can or at least point me In the right direction.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

Hey, you see to be good at finding cross overs, correct? I was just wondering if you could find one of Robin with Link (more specifically Young Link) but not in a fanfic cross over form, more like the ones u just uploaded. Can you do that for me, please, only if you can or at least point me In the right direction.
Couldn't find anything with Robin. You could choose any of the other 3, or 4 including Roy, sorry.

Last edited:

Pikachewy99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PikachewySAC
3DS FC
4270-1328-9930

:sadeyes: Thank you! Most of my robin drawings are small doodles nowadays so I don't really bother to post them unless they're finished works, but knowing you guys you might like them. I'm just too lazy to scan them up and upload them. xD
Along with that, Xenoblade and pokemon have been taking over my life.

10/10 Robin, Pikachu, and kirby make a great trio.
Pikachu with ZSS still holds a special place in my heart though, due to the subspace emissary in brawl. :p

Wait… There was a picture thread? I wasn't aware of this. XD

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
:sadeyes: Thank you! Most of my robin drawings are small doodles nowadays so I don't really bother to post them unless they're finished works, but knowing you guys you might like them. I'm just too lazy to scan them up and upload them. xD

Pikachu with ZSS still holds a special place in my heart though, due to the subspace emissary in brawl. :p

Hey, I think you draws are awesome too, chewy! All the tactician here do. You are a great artist, unlike me Don't think less of yourself and you will do great!

Also which picture with Robin, Kir and Pika, there is two of them.

LousyTactician

There's a red door and I want it painted pink

I prefer Kirby/Robin, but the pics are quite cute.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Well, we have a Social Group with a thread dedicated to fanart posting. It'd be more accepted there, at least.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I dig Robin with both Kirby and Pika - but golly, Robin!Kirby is too damn adorable. :4kirby:

Also more tacticians hoppin' to the thread, welcome! Be sure to pick up FE7 or other FE-games after your first trip through Awakening.:4pacman:

Last edited:

Folt

Smash Ace
Green is my favorite, followed by white mage Robin. (And then the default Robin.)

And I'm guessing the Robin and Pikachu pics is because both of their main elements are electricity.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
You're welcome :) . Ah another M!Robin support. And you like the green alt too. I always choose between the green or default Alt when playing as Robin cause the default is awesome and the green reminds me of my avatar.

Speaking of my avatar, @ Pikachewy99 Pikachewy99 would adore that third picture you have got.

*cries a river of tears*

Well I have got two NonSpecficGuys on Netflix, one being GunBlaze and they other being some one from the Link threads, though I forgerbhis name. Well, there also @ Robertman2 Robertman2 but I haven seen him in a while, unless his just in the Lucina Threads.

Ain't that the truth
I was tagged?

Elezir

Well, I've got some images with Robin and Link, ye, but not sure if that what you're looking for...

...It's still pretty funny, though.

and then I have this one, even though I'm not a big fan of RobinxLucina

I'm still roaming around pixiv, though ^^ so I may still find something, if I do I'll post it here.

Eh, that's the truth <3 It's alright. xD When you make a big Robin masterpiece, though, do post it, then ;p
...I should play Xenoblade sometime. It's Shulk's game, right?

I know right <3 actually, I have another two I forgot to upload 8D

Ya, this http://smashboards.com/threads/im-in-top-form-today-robin-image-gallery-updated-07-21-14.361030/
But, as I said, it seems to be kinda dead 8D

I prefer Kirby/Robin, but the pics are quite cute.
Someone said Kirby?

This one even have color swap

Phew, there's a lot of these...

Well, we have a Social Group with a thread dedicated to fanart posting. It'd be more accepted there, at least.
Wut, where oO

I dig Robin with both Kirby and Pika - but golly, Robin!Kirby is too damn adorable. :4kirby:

Also more tacticians hoppin' to the thread, welcome! Be sure to pick up FE7 or other FE-games after your first trip through Awakening.:4pacman:
Thanks <3
I'm already in Hector hard mode :4pacman: And I'll tell ya, so many resets.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Well, I've got some images with Robin and Link, ye, but not sure if that what you're looking for...

I'm still roaming around pixiv, though ^^ so I may still find something, if I do I'll post it here.

Eh, that's the truth <3 It's alright. xD When you make a big Robin masterpiece, though, do post it, then ;p

Ya, this http://smashboards.com/threads/im-in-top-form-today-robin-image-gallery-updated-07-21-14.361030/

Someone said Kirby?

Wut, where oO

Thanks <3
*mobile quoting sucks*

Check your inbox.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I was tagged?
Nope, you're just imagining ;).

Someone said Kirby?

Wut, where oO

Thanks <3
Dam, those are some nice pictures, just not what I was looking for. Thanks for trying though :).

Oh gods, I have got a cuteness over load from those pictures. SO CUTE X3. But man, why is it that people can find 1000 pictures of Robin and Kirby/Pikachu but there isn't one cute pic of Robin and Young Link, or even toon Link, sigh.

Wait, you're not a fan of Lucina and Robin

*Total over reaction*

DRAMATIC GASP *Gasp*

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

Someone said Kirby?

Wut, where oO

Thanks <3
Not a fan of Robin and Lucina? time to be cleansed with fire!!!
Awesome pics!

Elezir

Nope, you're just imagining ;).

Dam, those are some nice pictures, just not what I was looking for. Thanks for trying though :).

Oh gods, I have got a cuteness over load from those pictures. SO CUTE X3. But man, why is it that people can find 1000 pictures of Robin and Kirby/Pikachu but there isn't one cute pic of Robin and Young Link, or even toon Link, sigh.

Wait, you're not a fan of Lucina and Robin

*Total over reaction*

DRAMATIC GASP *Gasp*
Not a fan of Robin and Lucina? time to be cleansed with fire!!!
Awesome pics!
Eh, I dunno, pikachu, as Folt said, must be because of the whole Thunder users thing. Kirby is popular with every character, mostly because of his ability to copy, I think...and because he's just so damn cute.:4kirby:

Well, honestly, when I first saw their trailer, I shipped them hard, buuuut after I played the game it became just too awkward for me, because, well,
Lucina is Robin's best friend's daughter from the future :054: and yes, I think I should put it in spoilers
That, and I met Olivia. :happysheep:
But hey, if I manage to forget that fact the two do look cute.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Eh, I dunno, pikachu, as Folt said, must be because of the whole Thunder users thing. Kirby is popular with every character, mostly because of his ability to copy, I think...and because he's just so damn cute.:4kirby:

Well, honestly, when I first saw their trailer, I shipped them hard, buuuut after I played the game it became just too awkward for me, because, well,
Lucina is Robin's best friend's daughter from the future :054: and yes, I think I should put it in spoilers
Olivia is my third favorite girl... :3
Also, that's half the fun of the ship.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Male Robin x Lucina is meh.

:4robinf: x :4lucina:, on the other hand...

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

Yeah, Kirby is pretty dam cute X3.

Also, that is kind of the reason why at first I did like LucinaXRobin but after a while, they couple grew on me and just were to adorable to ignore. Also, as for my favourite pair with Robin aside for Lucy, it would have to go

1. Anna (for obvious reasons)
2 Coredila ( first ever couple with Robin in my first play through)
3. Olivia, (cause see is freaken adorable X3.)

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Yeah, Kirby is pretty dam cute X3.

Also, that is kind of the reason why at first I did like LucinaXRobin but after a while, they couple grew on me and just were to adorable to ignore. Also, as for my favourite pair with Robin aside for Lucy, it would have to go

1. Anna (for obvious reasons)
2 Coredila ( first ever couple with Robin in my first play through)
3. Olivia, (cause see is freaken adorable X3.)
The pairing had to grow on me too...

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
True... The fact I view :4robinm: and :4robinf: as the same person too doesn't really make that a problem...
Really?! I see them (while still the same person at the core) two completely different people in there own rights

Anyway, do you guys want to see some art work I just finished? Here it is if you want to see
image.jpg

Top Bottom