• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Just finished a running commentary on Heb. 11 for school.

Great chapter, but my poor hands are sore from all that typing... :urg:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Just finished a running commentary on Heb. 11 for school.

Great chapter, but my poor hands are sore from all that typing... :urg:
Ah, it's been a while since I heard about someone writing a commentary on Hebrews. Was it for a Scripture or Religious Studies class? I'm assuming you used other commentaries as resources. Care to drop a few names? Sorry for pestering you but I'm a bit nostalgic right now.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Ah, it's been a while since I heard about someone writing a commentary on Hebrews. Was it for a Scripture or Religious Studies class? I'm assuming you used other commentaries as resources. Care to drop a few names? Sorry for pestering you but I'm a bit nostalgic right now.
I'm doing it for a scripture study class. I used Henry and maybe a few others... I'm afraid I have a bad memory for which I own.

With a name like 'The Cardinal' I imagine you have a religious background as well?

Croi

Smash Lord
Losing to Croi frequently irks me, because the matches are always close and I know I can win, but Lucario is extremely frustrating to fight. He and I were frequently in Grand Finals in our Brawl metagame (playing Marth vs. Wario), so I doesn't surprise me that our rivalry has continued like it has.
Four more years :colorful:

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
I'm doing it for a scripture study class. I used Henry and maybe a few others... I'm afraid I have a bad memory for which I own.

With a name like 'The Cardinal' I imagine you have a religious background as well?
Haha, exposed. You're right. I studied theology for five years, which included both a thesis and training in classical languages like Latin, Ancient Hebrew, and Ancient Greek (I'm rusty as hell though, especially in Hebrew) and I now teach it at a Catholic all girls school. The_Cardinal is actually an "underground/mafia" nickname a friend of mine randomly gave me given my expertise and it just stuck.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Haha, exposed. You're right. I studied theology for five years, which included both a thesis and training in classical languages like Latin, Ancient Hebrew, and Ancient Greek (I'm rusty as hell though, especially in Hebrew) and I now teach it at a Catholic all girls school. The_Cardinal is actually an "underground/mafia" nickname a friend of mine randomly gave me given my expertise and it just stuck.
How interesting. I've always wanted to know more Latin than I at one time studied.. and Ancient Greek is simply... well, Greek to me. :laugh:

Roman Catholic? As someone who is coming out from a fundamentalist backgroud (but has had friends from all sorts of denominations), I'd love to quiz you some time on Catholic theology that I'm not as familiar with. Don't worry though, I may have spent some time in fundie churches, but I don't hold to a lot of their teaching.

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
How interesting. I've always wanted to know more Latin than I at one time studied.. and Ancient Greek is simply... well, Greek to me. :laugh:

Roman Catholic? As someone who is coming out from a fundamentalist backgroud (but has had friends from all sorts of denominations), I'd love to quiz you some time on Catholic theology that I'm not as familiar with. Don't worry though, I may have spent some time in fundie churches, but I don't hold to a lot of their teaching.
If I had a dollar for every time I heard that Greek joke, I wouldn't have to worry about groceries. :laugh:

Anyways, feel free to ask me anything whenever you want. I may teach at a Catholic school but my students come from all religious backgrounds, or lack thereof, so I'm experienced in answering all sorts of questions.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I played a lot of a guy on For Glory today. Like, ten matches. He was good, I played ten matches and won, like, three times. Then again, if I had a controller that didn't suck I would've won a lot more.
Surprisingly, one of those three wins was with Robin. :4robinf:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Still jealous of you Wii U owners :c

Itching to join you already.
How did i got it before you? Like 1 week away i wasn't even thinking of buying it until in like a year or so, and you were already eager to get it weeks before if i recall :joyful:
Life is indeed a mistery.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
How did i got it before you? Like 1 week away i wasn't even thinking of buying it until in like a year or so, and you were already eager to get it weeks before if i recall :joyful:
Life is indeed a mistery.
>:|

u make me med

i am sed

:sadsheep:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
"Gracidea Shaymin, post: 18224945, member: 268611"]Always room for one more in the I Dont Have the Wii U Corner.:sadeyes:
I'm in that boat as well son dont worry. Been playing Guity Gear in the meantime.

Edit: on my phone.

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
I'm in that boat as well son dont worry. Been playing Guity Gear in the meantime.

Edit: on my phone.
Pulls @ Gamegenie222 Gamegenie222 to a corner and whispers, "Yo, I know that this website is probably a sausage fest BUT that doesn't mean that everyone is male."

Also, how is the new GG? I'm on the fence about it.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
It's strange because despise me just have gotten Smash for Wii U, i'm currently hooked playing Persona 3 for the second time, i really love that game :love:
Minato Arisato Amirite? :awesome:

Last edited:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
It's strange because despise me just have gotten Smash for Wii U, i'm currently hooked playing Persona 3 for the second time, i really love that game :love:
Persona 3 is the best Persona imo. I assume you're playing the FES version though and not vanilla?

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Pulls @ Gamegenie222 Gamegenie222 to a corner and whispers, "Yo, I know that this website is probably a sausage fest BUT that doesn't mean that everyone is male."

Also, how is the new GG? I'm on the fence about it.
IT's fun and it's good it's back to like reload status in terms of some things and the game has a giant tutorial mode for newcomers and online is ok for it with cross play between PS3 and PS4 players. If you like FG's outside of smash specifically airdashers with GG being the king of them all I say give it a shot. Only complaint is lack of some fan favorites like Johhny, Baiken and Anji but that's really it.

EDIT: Also Elphelt Valentine the first DLC character is free right now until January 5th and the Leo Whitefang character with some DLC colors come out next week for free as well.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I think I know how I'll decide my mains.
So here's the 3DS roster.

I'm going to pick one character from each row to use.
It's perfect since I am single out a favorite from each row, so...

- Rosalina
- Sheik
- Robin
- Lucario
- Lucina
- Sonic

You guys can try it if you want, but I don't think it will work out as well for everyone else as it did me.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist

- Rosalina
- Sheik
- Robin
- Lucario
- Lucina
- Sonic

You guys can try it if you want, but I don't think it will work out as well for everyone else as it did me.
Surprisingly, this works out quite well for me....mostly. :p If I'm going by your method, then my mains from each row would be....

-Rosalina
-Zero Suit Samus
-Robin
-Lucario
-Lucina
-Shulk

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form

- Rosalina
- Sheik
- Robin
- Lucario
- Lucina
- Sonic

-Mario
-Zero Suit Samus
-Robin
-Greninja
-Lucina
-Shulk

At least my two best are in there. Mario is up there, too.

It was tough calling it between Ness and Lucina, though. I flip flop back and forth. I'd also probably look at the other rows and replace Greninja and Shulk... Maybe.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581

-Bowser Jr.
-Ganondorf
-Robin
-Greninja
-Captain Falcon
-Mega Man

I never realized that Robin was in the center of the character select screen until just now.

D

Deleted member

- Rosalina
- Sheik
- Robin
- Lucario
- Lucina
- Sonic

-Luigi
-Ganondorf
-Robin
-Greninja
-Lucina
-Shulk

Not a bad selection of fighters.

Last edited by a moderator:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

- Rosalina
- Sheik
- Robin
- Lucario
- Lucina
- Sonic

From each row:

Luigi, Ganondorf, Robin, Falco, Lucina, Sonic

However, technically, my three mains are Robin, Ike, and Marth lol.

Robin confirmed the center of the Nintendo multiverse
That is so damn hilarious. Can't wait to see Robin's Amiibo so I can instantly preorder it.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294

- Rosalina
- Sheik
- Robin
- Lucario
- Lucina
- Sonic

I'll just decide my main based on who I like using the most. :4dedede:

My main and two of my secondaries are on the third row. It just wouldn't work.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
I can't do that, I like using a lot of characters...
Nobody ever said you couldn't.

Unless you plan on going competitive, there's little reason to glue yourself to just a few characters.
Competitive players do that because they need to get extremely good with the one, two or three characters they choose.

I myself am somewhat competitive. If I were at a tournament, there are only two maybe three characters I would use.
But, outside of that, I cycle through at least nine different characters.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428

- Rosalina
- Sheik
- Robin
- Lucario
- Lucina
- Sonic

I wouldn't really do it that way, but as a little thought experiment, why not?
It's surprisingly easy for me, apparently.
:rosalina:
:4link:
:4robinm:
:4charizard:
:4lucina:
:4megaman:

Doing it the other way, picking one from each column (while breaking the last two rows in the middle and shifting them outward half a portrait) is a lot harder though.

:4mario::4shulk::4link::4megaman::4robinm::4ganondorf::4dedede::4samus::4lucina:

Picking between Ike, Charizard and Mega Man was not easy...

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Nobody ever said you couldn't.
Unless you plan on going competitive, there's little reason to glue yourself to just a few characters.
Competitive players do that because they need to get extremely good with the one, two or three characters they choose.
I myself am somewhat competitive. If I were at a tournament, there are only two maybe three characters I would use.
But, outside of that, I cycle through at least nine different characters.
Well all of the characters I chose have a specific playstyle so that I could cut down some of the choices.
For my fast, combo-y character, I use Sonic and Sheik.
For my projectile heavy character I use Robin.
And then everyone else I use because...I like them.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301

- Rosalina
- Sheik
- Robin
- Lucario
- Lucina
- Sonic

I admire your system. As @ shrooby shrooby said, though, it wouldn't work for me, since my mains are both of the Kid Icarus characters in the second row and my secondaries are spread out all over the place.

Including, coincidentally enough, Robin on the second row~

The way I structure my paradigm of playing, though, is like this:

Mains (Pit, Palutena)
Secondaries (as of right now it's Lucina, Duck Hunt, Robin, Ludwig and R.O.B.)
Playabouts (Shulk, Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, Zero Suit Samus, etc. etc.)
Everybody else (I seldom if ever play these characters, such as Little Mac, Sheik, Zelda, Diddy, etc. etc.)

Last edited:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
love your Anna avatar shrooby, great stuff!
P3 is my favorite game, with every playthrough I notice some more gameplay flaws in its design (like the calendar really limiting your options sometimes and the game being overall pretty easy), but it got me into RPGs and there's so many things I adore about it. I kinda wish they'd stop milking it with 4, but for the most part the products derived from it are of quality. Do not play the Answer though, it's a terrible extra chapter

Top Bottom