• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
"Time to even the odds!"

I don't think they are particularly bad but they aren't great either. I end up having one or two units go through the class just to get lethality or because they went through thief to get lockpick before.
Ahh.. Forgot about that one.

Hong

The Strongest
Frankly, I've never felt the whole intensity of assassins to be that overwhelming since Jaffar.

Especially since he had that cutscene of executing a spy. Gosh dang, that was intense.

After that, if I have the option I prefer rogues and swordmasters. Always.
Indeed.

That said, Volke was pretty sick. I love the Lethality animation from the Tellius saga.

Weeman

Smash Crusader

On a (thankfully) different subject, I must say the Assassin class (Lethality aside) feels rather underwhelming for the post game.
Eh, considering how broken all the childs can be for postgame, i didn't even realize until i decided to make my OliviaxLucina a Great Lord again, and realized just how much better of a class it was.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Likewise. Not that Trickster is bad, but it's very specific in function, so Assassin is going to be the default if you have gone down the Thief route for that lovely Lockpick and +1 Move benefit.

For the post game, a combat class with basic Str and 31 base Def kind of sucks against decked out enemies with maximum stats. For a ground fighter, I prefer the Hero for women and Dread Fighter for men. If I want to use bows, I rather go Sniper for that game-breaking Long Bow.
Everything they can do, another class can do better.
How do you get dreadfighter again? Is it DLC or spotpass? Cause i bought every single DLC yesterday but i have no idea how i should get anything unlocked via spotpass in this village i call hometown...

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
How do you get dreadfighter again? Is it DLC or spotpass? Cause i bought every single DLC yesterday but i have no idea how i should get anything unlocked via spotpass in this village i call hometown...
All you should need for spotpass is a wireless internet connection you can log on to. When active, the game should download the spotpass content onto your system. You can then activate it in the menu while on the overworld map.

Since you downloaded the DLC, you should also be able to get the spotpass maps.

To answer your question though, the Dread Scroll is obtained each time after clearing the Lost Bloodlines 2 DLC map.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
None of the post game skills, items or classes will come from SpotPass. Those instead grant you characters. Real characters, with voices... and a soul, as opposed to the lifeless dolls you fight in the Outrealm.

The Dread Scroll, which unlocks the Dread Fighter class, is rewarded to you after the Lost Bloodlines 2 DLC. It's one of the easier ones, so you can get it relatively early if you want.

Edit - German ninjas...:4metaknight:

Last edited:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428

EDIT: Sorry, almost forgot posting images without text is frowned upon. Stupid private conversations, messing up my awareness...

Last edited:

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
All you should need for spotpass is a wireless internet connection you can log on to. When active, the game should download the spotpass content onto your system. You can then activate it in the menu while on the overworld map.

Since you downloaded the DLC, you should also be able to get the spotpass maps.

To answer your question though, the Dread Scroll is obtained each time after clearing the Lost Bloodlines 2 DLC map.
None of the post game skills, items or classes will come from SpotPass. Those instead grant you characters. Real characters, with voices... and a soul, as opposed to the lifeless dolls you fight in the Outrealm.

The Dread Scroll, which unlocks the Dread Fighter class, is rewarded to you after the Lost Bloodlines 2 DLC. It's one of the easier ones, so you can get it relatively early if you want.

Thanks! Now the only thing that annoys the hell out of me is that the spotpass map i REALLY want is only unlocked after chapter 25, and i just cannot wait that long for getting frickin' Linfan. Is there any character unlock cheat codes? Oh well i already went over this. Happy marriage MU and Cordelia...

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Thanks! Now the only thing that annoys the hell out of me is that the spotpass map i REALLY want is only unlocked after chapter 25, and i just cannot wait that long for getting frickin' Linfan. Is there any character unlock cheat codes? Oh well i already went over this. Happy marriage MU and Cordelia...
No. I wish it was also possible to marry Cordelia with Chrom. DAMN YOU SAKURAI!!!

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I don't know how do these conversations always end up talking about incest.
Because shipping will do that lol r u surprised

Nahh... It be more like doing yourself.

are you implying you wouldn't admire yourself if you met yourself

No Awakening pairing is better than :4robinf:x:4robinf:, though I'll also accept :4robinm:x:4robinm: or dare I say... :4robinf:x:4robinm:.

LucinaxRobin/LucinaxMorgan is cute, though.
dat same gender shipping followed by alternate universe loving yourself

On a more serious note, fanart or a chapter image I skipped?

Twin or yourself, it doesn't really get any less weird.

Can't imagine the messed up Morgan that'd result from that.
Son, let me tell you how I met your mother...you may need brain bleach.

Hong

The Strongest
@ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A
Fan art.
If it's of any consolation, I married Robin to Walhart. It was very painful to be the one kid I didn't have for basically like the entire game, but after I had seen the result, it was worth the wait. A Morgan of absurd Str, Mag, and Def. Truly a dreadnought on the battlefield... literally. He's a Dread Fighter!

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
No. I wish it was also possible to marry Cordelia with Chrom. DAMN YOU SAKURAI!!!
Well that one is a nod to other FE games, a pegasus knight with the hots for the lord but never telling. And yes this was the first thing i checked (whether or not Chrom could marry her i mean). In the end it didn't matter as i did not know the game forcemarries chrom to sully at the end of the chapter where you finally get olivia. Tried resetting but the savepoint was in the middle of that, man i was anooyed as hell. This time I'll hook sully up with my least liked normally attainable male Virion (the bow guy) as revenge! (Or Kellam then both'd be sad... inb4 "you cannot do that!").

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
No Awakening pairing is better than :4robinf:x:4robinf:, though I'll also accept :4robinm:x:4robinm: or dare I say... :4robinf:x:4robinm:.

LucinaxRobin/LucinaxMorgan is cute, though.
You know, at this point, who hasn't been shipped with Robin in Fire Emblem Awakening, regardless of their relation?

...RobinxGrima? RobinxValidar?! *SHUDDER*

...Give it time.

He/She is the Shipping Lord, after all.

Hong

The Strongest
For the longest time, I had thought Validar was Gangrel's son for some reason.

Then I remembered Robin could marry Gangrel, so I had to go and double check. >.>

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
You know, at this point, who hasn't been shipped with Robin in Fire Emblem Awakening, regardless of their relation?
Robin X Phila. Robin X Raimi. Robin X Chrom's attendant who betrayed them all to Vasto. :V

Gone back to playing Awakening after a few months of not playing Awakening. I've never used Lon'Qu seriously before, maybe I'll do so now.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Oh look Robin is in Smash!... why can't i just get over it and stop watching that trailer daily, i gotz workz to dooz :urg:
I've had the same problem. I just put it on my phone so I can watch it whenever
Literally the best thing since the first trailer IMO.
It's also a really smart trailer, because even though Robin and Lucina are exciting for FE fans, there is no way for a Smash fan to get happy with the return of Captain Falcon in glorious HD.

My favorite thing about Robin is the character's in game mechanics replicate the way you play fire emblem. I love when Smash characters do that, so the Tome and Levin Sword system is awesome to me. I loved playing as Mega Man at SDCC because it felt like playing Mega Man for the NES. Sakurai really outdid himself with Robin.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Robin X Phila. Robin X Raimi. Robin X Chrom's attendant who betrayed them all to Vasto. :V.
Did anyone mention Robin X Excellus yet?
You can't deny that Tactician with Tactician relationship yo.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Well, one last question before i start anew in the wonderful world of FE, which difficulty do you recommend to one that has only played Awakening once, no other FE besides that, and that playthrough only on the highest possible "pussymode" (meaning normal/casual) ? Normal/permdeath, hard/casual, hard/permdeath?

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I think permdeath is the quintessential fire emblem experience. As for difficulty, Hard is annoying but not impossible if you train the characters well. Normal is always fun though, I usually prefer to play normal when I do replays for fun and for trying out new units.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
I think permdeath is the quintessential fire emblem experience. As for difficulty, Hard is annoying but not impossible if you train the characters well. Normal is always fun though, I usually prefer to play normal when I do replays for fun and for trying out new units.
Thing is I will turn off/on the game every time a character dies anyway...

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Well, one last question before i start anew in the wonderful world of FE, which difficulty do you recommend to one that has only played Awakening once, no other FE besides that, and that playthrough only on the highest possible "*****mode" (meaning normal/casual) ? Normal/permdeath, hard/casual, hard/permdeath?
Either Hard/Causal or Hard/Classic.

Hard in itself, isn't hard at all. It's more like "normal" IMO.

If you want that FE classic, perma-death. Then go with Classic.
Personally, I go with Casual just because I don't really like seeing my units die because I messed up. (And it saves you from the frustration of soft resetting if you want to keep them alive). You can always choose Casual and play as if you were playing Classic, in that when a unit dies, you just soft reset.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Either Hard/Causal or Hard/Classic.

Hard in itself, isn't hard at all. It's more like "normal" IMO.

If you want that FE classic, perma-death. Then go with Classic.
Personally, I go with Casual just because I don't really like seeing my units die because I messed up. (And it saves you from the frustration of soft resetting if you want to keep them alive). You can always choose Casual and play as if you were playing Classic, in that when a unit dies, you just soft reset.
Propably be playing Hard/Casual then. I originally started my savefile as this, but, being my very first experiance with FE, Virion "died" on me like 3 times in the first 5 chapters which showed me I should propably be taking it easy for the first run X) After all chapter 5 (?) is the earliest you can get a reeking box to start training your characters (and at that point i didn't even know that).

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
I always jump to the hardest difficulty of any game I am given, so I'm afraid I can't provide an unbiased opinion.

If you start on Hard and you find the end game to be too easy, what then? Won't you just grow too bored to clear all the post game stuff when there is nothing to keep you engaged? Let's be honest: after Ch3, the main game is a snore for the vast majority of their chapters. With Lunatic difficulty, at least for the post game you actually get enemies who are as strong as your own units.

Again, I am biased. Hard/Casual sounds ideal for your needs. While Classic is the most traditional Fire Emblem experience, it's not like I can honestly say all your deaths will be as a result of your strategic inexperience. Let's be honest here: The only threat for most of the game are reinforcements that appear and attack on the same turn. Especially those that either fly or have the Counter skill. If you die to that, you can hardly feel like your strategy sucked. It's just a memory game at this point.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
I always jump to the hardest difficulty of any game I am given, so I'm afraid I can't provide an unbiased opinion.

If you start on Hard and you find the end game to be too easy, what then? Won't you just grow too bored to clear all the post game stuff when there is nothing to keep you engaged? Let's be honest: after Ch3, the main game is a snore for the vast majority of their chapters. With Lunatic difficulty, at least for the post game you actually get enemies who are as strong as your own units.

Again, I am biased. Hard/Casual sounds ideal for your needs. While Classic is the most traditional Fire Emblem experience, it's not like I can honestly say all your deaths will be as a result of your strategic inexperience. Let's be honest here: The only threat for most of the game are reinforcements that appear and attack on the same turn. Especially those that either fly or have the Counter skill. If you die to that, you can hardly feel like your strategy sucked. It's just a memory game at this point.
Also crits, annoying abilities, misses, blocks... And at the later stages those annoying Mire users that only need so much RNG to wipe out a unit especially when a new one spawns every round at a place where you cannot reach them, or randomly breaking/rcreating walls (Nah's paralogue...Dayum Lon'quxNowi Nah is such a beastly Dark Flier...then again, Dark Fliers are pretty broken in the first place...)

So Hard/Casual it is ;)

EDIT: Speaking about RNG : Chrom got oneshot-crit by a Mage in CHAPTER ONE. This is disgusting ! D: (I'm trying to not use Frederick at all...)

Last edited:

Folt

Smash Ace
No one will sue you for using Frederick on the starting chapters. On Lunatic (and Lunatic+) he is basically required.

Hong

The Strongest
It's okay to just let Frederick one-shot the Mages and Myrmidons. Don't know what it is like on Hard, but on Lunatic, he can't one-shot the Barbarians. Depending on how you play your cards, you can get up to four levels total between Robin and Chrom. Chrom should have no problems with reaching Lv 3 (4 if you are either very lucky or very clever), where as if you have a good feeling about Chrom, you can start to feed Robin nice and early and get her a level or two.

It's really sensitive, but I find it's best if you level up Chrom so he is strong as he can be for Ch1 and 2, and immediately start feeding Robin in Ch3, and let her have any scraps you can afford for Ch2. Robin should be strong enough to hold her ground in Paralogue 1 and Ch4. After this point, she'll start to pick up an absurd amount of momentum.

M23-X0

Smash Journeyman
So, I was looking again the trailer where Robin was announced, and I'm still wondering... how can Robin fly ? Was he capable of that power in his original game ? I don't remember...

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Robin's not ever seen flying, but Validar does float in the air to fire an attack in the first cutscene of the game. It could just be a Mage thing.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Robin's not ever seen flying, but Validar does float in the air to fire an attack in the first cutscene of the game. It could just be a Mage thing.
Yeah Robin also doesn't teleport himself or other people around (which would have been freaking usefull if you ask me..) but he can teleport Chrom to him in smash... so maybe he will really get a floating ability..? (one can dream right? :< )

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Yeah Robin also doesn't teleport himself or other people around (which would have been freaking usefull if you ask me..) but he can teleport Chrom to him in smash... so maybe he will really get a floating ability..? (one can dream right? :< )
I like to think that he planned the encounter with Captain Falcon way in advance and was sitting up in the rafters of Arena Ferox with some thin but strong strings. However, when the Captain arrived, Sumia, being the klutz that she is, tripped and got the strings all tangled and Chrom was forced to deploy alone while Frederick fixed them. Then, when Lucina (who was also forced to deploy) was almost done for, Frederick slowly rappelled Robin down from the rafters. He seemed like he was floating because there was a knot in the strings and Robin had to act before he got to the ground in order to save Lucina.

D

Deleted member

[collapse=Some spoilers]Actually, Robin does have the power to teleport people out. In Future Past 3, he teleported Chrom and his army away so that he wouldn't kill them.
While he has floating powers unmentioned in Awakening, you have to keep in mind how mysterious Robin is, especially when he has the blood of Grima. He may have some powers that we haven't even seen in Awakening.[/collapse]

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I have the same bad habit. Especially with games of genres that I am used to playing. I played the Awakening demo on Lunatic and got pwned till I got the hang of it. Wish me luck for when I get the actual game, which I hope is soon.

So, I was looking again the trailer where Robin was announced, and I'm still wondering... how can Robin fly ? Was he capable of that power in his original game ? I don't remember...
We don't notice these things in excitement of the reveal. Although I haven't played Awakening so can't say much about Robin's abilities. Guess I better leave this thread before I get the whole game spoiled for me.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
It'd be nice if he did a small flail in the air if Elwind was broken and gained a little height like Yoshi does with his Up Special. Any sort of recovery is better than nothing.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Elwind breaking to me just sounds like one of those reminders by the game to not have Robin wandering around the air all the time. I mean, it's not like Little Mac at least where he's completely useless, but I gather it would be wisest to use Elwind for strictly recovery purposes and not go around the air the entire match spamming it.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Elwind breaking to me just sounds like one of those reminders by the game to not have Robin wandering around the air all the time. I mean, it's not like Little Mac at least where he's completely useless, but I gather it would be wisest to use Elwind for strictly recovery purposes and not go around the air the entire match spamming it.
Meh, screw that. Elwind offensively to juggle people erryday.

Just don't get hit and you never have to worry about recovering. :3c

Top Bottom