• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I think the F!RobinxChrom supports must have been made at the last minute. I mean, if you compare it to M!Robin's supports with Chrom, it feels so rushed and half-hearted, like the development team suddenly realized that they wanted to insert some comedic fanservice with F!Robin in there.

It seems to me that both genders were originally going to have the same supports, because if you copy-pasted M!Robin's supports over to F!Robin, there is almost no difference whatsoever.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I think the F!RobinxChrom supports must have been made at the last minute. I mean, if you compare it to M!Robin's supports with Chrom, it feels so rushed and half-hearted, like the development team suddenly realized that they wanted to insert some comedic fanservice with F!Robin in there.
Writing support dialogue has to be among the hardest things ever.

So how do you do supports correctly when factoring love, marriage, current events and the like?

Doesn't exactly seem easy if you ask me.

Hong

The Strongest
Should have just basically mirrored the conversations for both gender of Robin, and edit it a bit for Robin♀ in a subtle manner so that their love feels more culminating.

Tophick

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tophick
3DS FC
3411-1419-6075
For the male Robin, they could give him Validar's outfit,
since they're related
it would make a lot of sense.

Also they could give him Henry and Tharja's outfits for male/female dark mage (which I think would look amazing!)

And finally because he's so bad-***, why not the dread fighter outfit? Since this class can also use swords and tomes :)

All these ideas are awesome!

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
That's true. Still, I like his overall character and backstory. He was an enjoyable character in Awakening.

I bet that it was tough for you guys, especially with the Gematsu leak and Chrom. To be honest, I braced myself into thinking that he was going to get in (I thought that he would get in without Gematsu) and I tried to like him... but I couldn't. Hell, I even call Chrom "Blandy" sometimes.
Yeah, we Robin supporters got the short end of the stick when it came to Gematsu. Most characters just had to deal with not having their name on the list, which wasn't entirely bad, since we didn't know for certain whether or not the leak had all the characters (the fact that it only provided limited information was evidence in favor of that). Robin, on the other hand, had his biggest competition on the leak; if the leak was real, Robin had almost no chance of making it in. Of course, back then everyone pretty much worshipped the leak, and most people thought Chrom was already a shoo-in, so Robin supporters were just "in denial" about the whole thing. And because we were "in denial," nothing we said about evidence suggesting the Gematsu leak to be outdated and potentially inaccurate was ever taken seriously. It wasn't a pleasant time for us...

Yeah Robin is not looking so good now, as expected.
I find Robin to be Brawl's version of Krystal in term of overrateness with them not even becoming playable.
You guys are taking your expectations for Robin too far.
Robin is just wishful thinking.
We're talking about Robin again? Call me back when we have a character who has a much better shot than him
I don't know why there's any dispute over which character we'll get from Fire Emblem Awakening, Chrom is the most obvious choice. I know that you kind of have to expect the unexpected when it comes to Sakurai, but when has the Fire Emblem character that represents a game in the series NOT been the main lord?
I feel like people are just grasping at straws here because they would prefer Robin. But Chrom's fate in smash bros is already written!
People are going to really disappointed if they keep up this denial...
Gematsu looks to be ironclad, which means Chrom is guaranteed. Every mote of evidence that exists points at it being absolute truth.
Whenever i see someone asking for Lucina and Robin instead of Chrom, i feel like they don't want to accept reality, is going to be Chrom, want it or not...
ITT: Denial. Because unlike you idiots I don't reject reality.
LOL Robin and Lucina are very overrated, guys the Gematsu leak is real, Chrom is the FE newcomer and he will obviously be the only one.
I'm starting to get the impression that Hong is only saying this stuff because of bias...
C'mon guys, really?
Just face it. The Gematsu leak is REAL. Typically, I would have not stopped in here, but this is just crazy. The leak is real. It makes sense for it to be. Chorus Men are basically confirmed with the enemy in Smash Run anyway. Chrom is going to happen. Shulk is probably happening Monday. It doesn't mean other people can't get in, but Gematsu is real.

I mean honestly. There's no reason to deny it now. It doesn't even matter. Every character in it has been revealed thus far, and there's basically no stopping it.

Frankly, if you're still denying it, you're going to start looking foolish.

Not pleasant at all...

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Writing support dialogue has to be among the hardest things ever.

So how do you do supports correctly when factoring love, marriage, current events and the like?

Doesn't exactly seem easy if you ask me.
Like Hong said, they could have just reused M!Robin's supports and edited them slightly to add some romantic tension between the two.

F!Robin is concerned with the safety of the man she fell in love with, that he might be undermined by assassins who have no concern for honor? That writes itself better than plain old fanservice.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Yeah, we Robin supporters got the short end of the stick when it came to Gematsu. Most characters just had to deal with not having their name on the list, which wasn't entirely bad, since we didn't know for certain whether or not the leak had all the characters (the fact that it only provided limited information was evidence in favor of that). Robin, on the other hand, had his biggest competition on the leak; if the leak was real, Robin had almost no chance of making it in. Of course, back then everyone pretty much worshipped the leak, and most people thought Chrom was already a shoo-in, so Robin supporters were just "in denial" about the whole thing. And because we were "in denial," nothing we said about evidence suggesting the Gematsu leak to be outdated and potentially inaccurate was ever taken seriously. It wasn't a pleasant time for us...

Not pleasant at all...
Goodness. I might see the resentment towards Chrom's supporters now. I can't blame their actions though everything was riding on the leak... but the way they took advantage of it was really asking for the major blow they were gonna suffer on.

As a silent supporter of Chrom, I myself didn't find other FE-reps too likely because what was going on and in generally just expecting the inevitable "lord inclusion" of him: I was fond of the character, but didn't really comment on him due what was being argumented about him since I was also kinda clueless of what he could bring in to the table: though I sometimes I asked from his detractors to give him a chance if they were being too harsh or one-minded on his potential. All this became more occurring after the leak looked to become more real.
However, I wouldn't ever want to slam "denial"-lables on supporters of other characters just because of some leak.Contrary to that, I felt sorry for those who didn't have their characters be in the leak, as it was basically worthless for them to speculate or support their characters. Not to mention the presence of the leak itself, it made the suspension and hype of the game kinda pointless.

It's pretty good thing though that while Chrom's not in to my disappointment, we still have bigger proof now that everything is possible and can be speculated on due nothing being certain. And hopefully, without any hate from now on.

I might come pretty late saying this, as an approximate month has now passed by Robin's reveal, but kudos to you guys for making it through the fight victorious! You deserve every bit of it towards Chrom's more "bandwagony" and hateful fanbase. I'm really disappointed and sorry for what they did to you.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
FE-Deconfirmed.jpg

This fanart.

It is so good to be vindicated.

Morbi

Scavenger
Geez. I might see the resentment towards Chrom's supporters now. I can't blame their actions though everything was riding on the leak... but the way they took advantage of it was really asking for the major blow they were gonna suffer on.

I myself didn't find other FE-reps too likely because what was going on, especially after the leak looked to become more apparent, but I wouldn't ever want to slam "denial"-lables on supporters of other characters just because of some leak.
Contrary to that, I felt sorry for those who didn't have their characters be in the leak, as it was basically pointless for them to speculate about anything. I didn't really like the presence of the leak at all, since it made the suspension and hype of the game kinda pointless.

It's pretty good thing though that while Chrom's not it, we still have bigger proof now that everything is possible and can be speculated on due nothing being certain. And hopefully, without any hate from now on.

I might come pretty late saying this, as an approximate month has now passed, but kudos to you guys for making it through the fight victorious! You deserve every bit of it towards Chrom's more "bandwagony" and hateful fanbase. I'm really disappointed and sorry for what they did to you.
I had more problems with the Gematsu supporters than the Chrom supporters.

"Denial" labels are slammed on anyone that does not agree with your perspective. Not just the Gematsu supporters. It is quite the prevalent word as we, as a community, have a lot to learn about speculation and respect.

No need to apologize, the only relevant aspect of that leak was that Chrom was not in the game. I highly doubt most Robin supporters care about the rest of the leak to be utterly honest.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I had more problems with the Gematsu supporters than the Chrom supporters.

"Denial" labels are slammed on anyone that does not agree with your perspective. Not just the Gematsu supporters. It is quite the prevalent word as we, as a community, have a lot to learn about speculation and respect.

No need to apologize, the only relevant aspect of that leak was that Chrom was not in the game. I highly doubt most Robin supporters care about the rest of the leak to be utterly honest.
Well yeah. I guess I'm just now sad (and irritated) that now Chrom gets all kinds of "flak" because he fell short of people's expectations, while everyone heralds Robin as superior. I just hope the fans of Robin ain't gonna show their true colors not much different from the more annoying fanbases of Smash just because the characters they wanted, got in after all. It gets tiring to deal with so much degrading "jokes" and irony-related posts regarding Chrom's support prior to his deconfirmation as a fighter, in top of disappointment.

On Gematsu though, I agree really. I still say it can't be blamed though, which truly now results with this completely unexpected turn of events. The leak IMO doesn't hold anymore big water to me aside from the E3 Trios (2013-2014 - Palutena though was given due the screenshot leak).

I still hope for someone like Marshall though, since Sneaky Ghost appeared in Smash Run.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Goodness. I might see the resentment towards Chrom's supporters now. I can't blame their actions though everything was riding on the leak... but the way they took advantage of it was really asking for the major blow they were gonna suffer on...

However, I wouldn't ever want to slam "denial"-lables on supporters of other characters just because of some leak.Contrary to that, I felt sorry for those who didn't have their characters be in the leak, as it was basically worthless for them to speculate or support their characters. Not to mention the presence of the leak itself, it made the suspension and hype of the game kinda pointless.
After all this, I've come to really hate the use of the word "denial" in speculation. Constantly being referred to as "in denial" due to hoping for something unlikely left a rather bad impression of the word on me. The thing is, you can't actually be in denial of something unless it's actually a known fact that you refuse to accept. The Gematsu leak being 100% accurate and Chrom being in were never facts, merely things that seemed likely. As a matter of fact, there's practically no real "denial" in speculation; it's just something people say when they see others speculating in favor of something that appears to be unlikely. As a result, the word itself has almost no reason to exist in the speculating community.

That's one of the reasons I'm so glad that Robin made it in regardless; it should serve as a reminder to the community that nothing is set in stone, and that we shouldn't insult others for speculating about seemingly unlikely prospects when anything is possible.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I can only hope that Smash 5 doesn't see the second coming of Gematsu, whether it's Gematsu itself again or someone else. This community should all be together and supporting each other as they hype for next installment - such a leak again would just divide the base and make the entire pre-release experience feel not worth it.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I can only hope that Smash 5 doesn't see the second coming of Gematsu, whether it's Gematsu itself again or someone else. This community should all be together and supporting each other as they hype for next installment - such a leak again would just divide the base and make the entire pre-release experience feel not worth it.
You're worried about a divided base over a leak when Smash has a HUGE divided base already even over the simplest things?

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
They may be divided between characters, but everyone would more or less be on equal ground - either the character gets in, or it doesn't, and discussions would be about the merits of each character.

Gematsu created a new breed of speculators: those who took the leak as the unbreakable word of law. And when talking about potential characters, those speculators would not use talking points such as "What does this character bring to the table?" or "Can this person's moveset translate well into Smash?", but rather "Well, _____ said he's not in, it's going to be this guy instead, QQ more."

That kind of talk I would be glad to never see again.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
That kind of talk I would be glad to never see again.
See, this is impossible. Gematsu was just an extremely lucky guess. There's always a certain band of people who will take anything as unquestionably true after one score.

Hong

The Strongest
That's one of the reasons I'm so glad that Robin made it in regardless; it should serve as a reminder to the community that nothing is set in stone, and that we shouldn't insult others for speculating about seemingly unlikely prospects when anything is possible.
Whatever.

People still don't know how to handle leaks. It feels like they've learned absolutely nothing from this experience.

Not to sound condescending, but if only they would have listened from the beginning.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Whatever.

People still don't know how to handle leaks. It feels like they've learned absolutely nothing from this experience.

Not to sound condescending, but if only they would have listened from the beginning.
How nice of you to ruin my little moment of optimism with cold, harsh reality. :c

People will never really learn, will they?

Hong

The Strongest
How nice of you to ruin my little moment of optimism with cold, harsh reality. :c
It's one thing to be optimistic about a future outcome, versus outright looking at the current situation as it is.

I'll admit people have realized that they were wrong about Robin, but the same people still don't understand why they were wrong and they are still pursuing other leaks in equally inane ways. Until those people understand why they were wrong, nothing has changed, I'm afraid.

At least speculation was revived for the final few months, which is all that counts, right?

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Looked at the five pages of this thread before the Robin trailer. i.e. when Sakurai announced it and the Xenoblade writer retweeted it.

Things just look pretty surreal in hindsight, lol. But I'm disappointed in myself for not being a part of that. I was only ever here to post my Robin trailer predictions and that "Robin is a legacy." narm. XD

Hopefully I'll make up for my lack of presence back then. :p

Hong

The Strongest
I can't say I ever had ill-will to Robin detractors.

Furthermore, I am not the sort who finds satisfaction in being right. That's not how I live my life.

Nor am I the type for revenge.

But I got to say it was such a sight to see a herd of lemmings get so horribly rekterino in unison. Scarcely do we get to see this ritual of sacrifice in motion. People get surprised by stuff on the Internet plenty of times, but this is not the same. No, don't try to save face. It's too late. Robin shamed them, and even taunted after he exposed them. He told them how wrong they were. No, Sakurai did not "surprise" us with Robin. The only surprise is Lucina. They have only themselves to blame for not being able to responsibly handle leaked information. Their sacred prophecy was the work of a mere serf.

MindlessFire

Smash Apprentice
Let's not forget the whole reason people treated the Gematsu leak as gospel was because it had been right 99% percent of the the time with the exception of missing Rosalina & Luma before Robin's trailer. Heck, some people still believe the leak claiming that the leak never specified the character had to be playable and Chrom was in the game as Robin's Final Smash and Lucina was promoted from alternate costume to a playable character. They're still betting that Shulk and Chorus Men/Kids will be in the game.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I'm ok with Chorus Kids and Shulk being in. Hell, Shulk deserves it. The Xenoblade writer retweeting some of the Nintendo Direct announcements basically seals the deal.

I just didn't like the bit about "post-release DLC" that Gematsu was touting. That gave the roster an air of finality to it - why talk about post-release content if you still have surprises in store, after all?

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Let's not forget the whole reason people treated the Gematsu leak as gospel was because it had been right 99% percent of the the time with the exception of missing Rosalina & Luma before Robin's trailer. Heck, some people still believe the leak claiming that the leak never specified the character had to be playable and Chrom was in the game as Robin's Final Smash and Lucina was promoted from alternate costume to a playable character. They're still betting that Shulk and Chorus Men/Kids will be in the game.
Yes, listed characters who were immediately going to be shown at e3, then a bunch of vague guesses to pad it in.

Someone involved with the development of the game could give clear and concise information at any point in time, not miss characters who were finished AGES before shown, and actually mention characters by name who were chosen well from the beginning.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Just stick to my out look on leaks.

Fake till proven real. By real I mean 100% without a doubt with everything on it as rea, otherwise I just consider it as fake. If even one thing is proven fake then the leak immediately becomes a fake, no matter how many things it got right. Maybe the leak was actually real and just outdated, maybe not. But I'll probably not know one way or another and it's not worth thinking over.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
The obvious problem with that logic is that if the leak is still correct because the character is "in the game," then how is it remotely useful for predicting the actual roster? Using that logic suggests that Shulk or Chorus Men could just be Assists and the leak would still be correct. It just doesn't work like that.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks

Not pleasant at all...
To be quite honest, I don't really think the Gematsu leak was really that dark a time for Robin supporters. It made victory all the more sweet. It's like when you calculate all the scores in FE and you think, "Well, if I send this unit out there, they might die, but with my calculations, they will survive with like 2 HP." And then your unit survives with 3 HP, and kills all the enemies, and gets an awesome level up. That fear is necessary in battle, and the Gematsu leak might have been tough. But its in the darkest times when you need to believe in your unit the most.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I'm ok with Chorus Kids and Shulk being in. Hell, Shulk deserves it. The Xenoblade writer retweeting some of the Nintendo Direct announcements basically seals the deal.

I just didn't like the bit about "post-release DLC" that Gematsu was touting. That gave the roster an air of finality to it - why talk about post-release content if you still have surprises in store, after all?
You know why Sakurai stopped posting so frequently on Twitter? Because of that underlined sentence. Tweet=OMG SAKURAI TWEETED BOUT DIS GAEM SO X IS IN SMESH GUISE (x=character). Don't get me wrong, I harbor no ill will to Shulk supporters, and he sounds interesting, but it's behavior like Gematsu because there's one, maybe 2 credible facts to his inclusion. Unlike Chrom, however, Shulk has official hints to his inclusion, and not simply: "A guy who scored right in a leak 99% of the time is saying this guy is here! woot."

That's BEGGING for disappointment. Hell, I'm willing to believe Lucina's ?! in her splash text is meant to taunt all of Chrom's believers/Robin detractors.

I can't say I ever had ill-will to Robin detractors.

Furthermore, I am not the sort who finds satisfaction in being right. That's not how I live my life.

Nor am I the type for revenge.

But I got to say it was such a sight to see a herd of lemmings get so horribly rekterino in unison. Scarcely do we get to see this ritual of sacrifice in motion. People get surprised by stuff on the Internet plenty of times, but this is not the same. No, don't try to save face. It's too late. Robin shamed them, and even taunted after he exposed them. He told them how wrong they were. No, Sakurai did not "surprise" us with Robin. The only surprise is Lucina. They have only themselves to blame for not being able to responsibly handle leaked information. Their sacred prophecy was the work of a mere serf.
I would like this post one thousand times if I could. People still believe Chrom can be DLC when he was officially debunked. How much denial are these guys going through? It's honestly impressive...if impressive were a negative word.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I was so glad when Robin was revealed because not only I was a supporter of the character (and sort of a Chrom detractor), but also because it debunked the Gematsu leak (which is not necessarily fake, only not trustworthy) , which meant the speculation about the game wouldn't be as boring as it was when the Gematsu leak was considered legit by half of the community.

One month and a few days later, I just can't wait for the roster to be leaked already. Smash speculation overstayed its welcome, it is not fun anymore (was it ever?), some people seem to be realizing their favorite characters are likely not in the game, some others had their favorite character disconfirmed in the past few weeks, which lead to a lot of snarky comments here and there. It is so tiring. So, as soon as the game is out (or at least, the roster is leaked), we as a community will start focusing on speculating/discovering stuff about the new characters and stages as opposed to speculate about which characters and stages we are getting.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I was so glad when Robin was revealed because not only I was a supporter of the character (and sort of a Chrom detractor), but also because it debunked the Gematsu leak (which is not necessarily fake, only not trustworthy) , which meant the speculation about the game wouldn't be as boring as it was when the Gematsu leak was considered legit by half of the community.

One month and a few days later, I just can't wait for the roster to be leaked already. Smash speculation overstayed its welcome, it is not fun anymore (was it ever?), some people seem to be realizing their favorite characters are likely not in the game, some others had their favorite character disconfirmed in the past few weeks, which lead to a lot of snarky comments here and there. It is so tiring. So, as soon as the game is out (or at least, the roster is leaked), we as a community will start focusing on speculating/discovering stuff about the new characters and stages as opposed to speculate about which characters and stages we are getting.
Yea I wish they just reveal the full roster already. And if they have secret characters as well, that would also make the wait unbearable as people would hope for unconfirmed characters to be there in the secret roster. Just give me Isaac already!

Thank goodness the leak got debunked though. People still have last minute hope and optimism left! And speculation is better now!

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Yea I wish they just reveal the full roster already. And if they have secret characters as well, that would also make the wait unbearable as people would hope for unconfirmed characters to be there in the secret roster. Just give me Isaac already!

Thank goodness the leak got debunked though. People still have last minute hope and optimism left! And speculation is better now!
Watch as we get another depressing leak that turns out to be true!:troll:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
One month and a few days later, I just can't wait for the roster to be leaked already. Smash speculation overstayed its welcome, it is not fun anymore (was it ever?), some people seem to be realizing their favorite characters are likely not in the game, some others had their favorite character disconfirmed in the past few weeks, which lead to a lot of snarky comments here and there. It is so tiring.
Speculation is never fun unless you're playing some sort of drinking game or something along those lines. If you look at me, for example, I'm hoping with anxiety that Mewtwo, Snake and to a lesser extent ROB return. Less than a month to the Japanese release has everyone on the edge. When talking about newcomers, however, the ****storm dial is turned up to eleven.

Look at my signature(top of this page). 3 of them have good chances. The other 2 are essentially dreams come true because of how impossible their inclusion is. At least Sylux has a small fan base and a cliffhanger going for him. Yet, I'm not pulling a Chrom fan and ranting about it. I accept what I get and try to embrace it.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
Speculation is never fun unless you're playing some sort of drinking game or something along those lines. If you look at me, for example, I'm hoping with anxiety that Mewtwo, Snake and to a lesser extent ROB return. Less than a month to the Japanese release has everyone on the edge. When talking about newcomers, however, the ****storm dial is turned up to eleven.

Look at my signature(top of this page). 3 of them have good chances. The other 2 are essentially dreams come true because of how impossible their inclusion is. At least Sylux has a small fan base and a cliffhanger going for him. Yet, I'm not pulling a Chrom fan and ranting about it. I accept what I get and try to embrace it.
Funny thing is while speculation is still headache inducing, I'm feeling more optimistic about the game as time goes on. I thought Ike was a goner, that Miis and Pac-Man would be horrible, that Sakurai was trigger happy when it comes to cutting veterans, that Chrom was going to be the next FE rep, that we'd get something like 45-48 characters, and that most of the veterans wouldn't get all that many improvements. It won't be perfect obviously and most of us are going to be at least somewhat disappointed by the end result but the more information is revealed, the more it looks like Sakurai knows damn well what he's doing with Smash 4.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Funny thing is while speculation is still headache inducing, I'm feeling more optimistic about the game as time goes on. I thought Ike was a goner, that Miis and Pac-Man would be horrible, that Sakurai was trigger happy when it comes to cutting veterans, that Chrom was going to be the next FE rep, that we'd get something like 45-48 characters, and that most of the veterans wouldn't get all that many improvements. It won't be perfect obviously and most of us are going to be at least somewhat disappointed by the end result but the more information is revealed, the more it looks like Sakurai knows damn well what he's doing with Smash 4.
It's been apparent from the beginning that Sakurai knows what he's doing, For Glory mode being the central reason to me.

And hello, there are already hundreds of people disappointed at the current product. There's an entire image of reaction posts to Lucario's announcement from extreme Mewtwo fanboys(I'm fine with Lucario, btw), backlash over Takumaru being an AT, backlash over goddamn Gematsu, and backlash of not de confirming Ridley, for example. If a developer is ready to tackle a chaotic fan base with teasing and trolling, of all weapons, then they damn well know what they are doing.

Reila

It is impossible to please everyone, anyway. The people disappointed with Smash 4 are free to not buy the game, if it is so disappointing.

Ridley will be confirmed in due time, btw

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
It is impossible to please everyone, anyway. The people disappointed with Smash 4 are free to not buy the game, if it is so disappointing.

Ridley will be confirmed in due time, btw
Yeah, but they will flame it regardless. Melee and PM elitists raging at Sm4sh for being Brawl 2.0 won't simply accept it, but are in option of not buying it as well. And look how that's worked.

I'm doubtful about Rids when WFT exists because it screams unpredictable.

Reila

Yeah, but they will flame it regardless. Melee and PM elitists raging at Sm4sh for being Brawl 2.0 won't simply accept it, but are in option of not buying it as well. And look how that's worked.

I'm doubtful about Rids when WFT exists because it screams unpredictable.
It is not only Melee/Project Melee elitists bashing the game for being Brawl 2.0 (which it isn't), but also some people who can't accept others prefer Smash 3DS over Smash Wii U. This community is extremely divided, there is almost no sense of union. At least not during these times of Smash 4's pre-release.

I think one thing has nothing to do with the other, but instead or arguing, lets just wait and see if he is or isn't in playable in the game.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
It is not only Melee/Project Melee elitists bashing the game for being Brawl 2.0 (which it isn't), but also some people who can't accept others prefer Smash 3DS over Smash Wii U. This community is extremely divided, there is almost no sense of union. At least not during these times of Smash 4's pre-release.

I think one thing has nothing to do with the other, but instead or arguing, lets just wait and see if he is or isn't in playable in the game.
Smash has it just as bad as PSASBR in terms of community division. It's sickening but at the same time makes seeing the down to earth users miraculous. But now we're derailing massively, let's leave it at: Divided community is divided and allow Robin discussion to continue.

I still think unpredictability has a hand in it, but I otherwise agree, let's leave it there and be patient.

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I don't think anyone's brought this up yet. Take a look at this clip:

So you know how they added a feature where characters that are far enough in kill range start giving off smoke? Well...Fox isn't doing that, and he gets sent flying.

I know he was a featherweight in Brawl, but this gives us reason to believe the Levin Sword is pretty damn powerful. Or at least the Levin f-air is. >_>
Listen to this song while watching this gif.
It strangely just works.

Top Bottom