• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I guess I just have a thing for Dark Mages cause I married Tharja almost everytime I played through Awakening and now I'm really leaning towards Nyx.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I must admit, Deadpool's counter special in MvC3 was one of the greatest things I've seen in a fighting game.
That's because it had the touch of the Deadpool(even though he isn't dead and he doesn't have a pool...Lego Marvel reference)

Smash Ace
NNID
Marki243
3DS FC
4527-8978-8771
Marrying Chrom with Olivia gives the ****tiest possible Lucina.
B-But my OTP...Then again I take the time to grind the ever living hell out of my units so Lucina didn't have too many problems with stats or skills...

To understand the ways of the Deadpool, you must try out MvC3, Ultimate Alliance 1-2, and Lego Marvel...once you've completed the game(or just watch Hulk vs Wolverine and play Deadpool the video game)
I must admit, Deadpool's counter special in MvC3 was one of the greatest things I've seen in a fighting game.
Oh hey look, it's people talking about my first fighting game that I tried to learn. Deadpool was really fun in UMVC3, a certain blue half-demon decided it would be cool to take out my lawyer, white haired, gun toting friend, and the Merc with a mouth whenever I played.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
What the hell is that?
The Devil Bringer aka an excuse to introduce grappling in the dumbest, but most awesome way to Devil May Cry by making the character's arm be able to summon a ghost arm like he had a Stand. Granted, the beta version was cooler in my opinion since it glowed a fiery yellow and instead of a hand, fiery energy came out to grab and beat people up.

Also, Nero introduced Final Fantasy VIII combat in a hack 'n' slash game via his Red Queen. Think Squall's Revolver, but instead of pulling the trigger to cause vibrations, you twist the handle to ooze fuel to light your sword on fire. Welcome to the world of Devil May Cry where motorcycles are just big nunchaku.

Last edited:

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
The Devil Bringer aka an excuse to introduce grappling in the dumbest, but most awesome way to Devil May Cry by making the character's arm be able to summon a ghost arm like he had a Stand. Granted, the beta version was cooler in my opinion since it glowed a fiery yellow and instead of a hand, fiery energy came out to grab and beat people up.

Also, Nero introduced Final Fantasy VIII combat in a hack 'n' slash game via his Red Queen. Think Squall's Revolver, but instead of pulling the trigger to cause vibrations, you twist the handle to ooze fuel to light your sword on fire. Welcome to the world of Devil May Cry where motorcycles are just big nunchaku.
Oh ho ho, and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Tarastel

Claymore
NNID
Tarastel

Have to say, Nero was probably the easiest to use in DMC4 but also the most effective because of the grab system(though even then the game is still rather hard). Using Dante's styles in that game at the best optimal way was frankly kinda insane.

Just an example

Need to watch more Vergil and Lady combos to get a better picture on them

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Oh ho ho, and that's just the tip of the iceberg.
Yeah, I couldn't find a gif of the ending in DMC4 - spoilers of an old game - where Nero's Devil Bringer becomes a freaking skyscraper. You'd think that would be at least out there for captioning or something.

Have to say, Nero was probably the easiest to use in DMC4 but also the most effective because of the grab system(though even then the game is still rather hard). Using Dante's styles in that game at the best optimal way was frankly kinda insane.

Just an example

Need to watch more Vergil and Lady combos to get a better picture on them
Nero's the easy to use, but hard to master since timing to get MAX-Acts is where Nero goes from easy to hard, Dante's just difficult in general since DMC4 kind of wasn't built for him. With Special Edition, people say the easiest is Vergil because he's just that damn good which is ironic since he kind of was the more difficult character in DMC3: SE because his moveset paled in comparison to DMC4: SE and Dante in general meaning he had to make due with less options than Dante. I don't know about Lady and Trish, but I think they were lumped in the middle since Lady's mechanically different, but since she plays at range, it's safer for her while Trish is kind of like DMC1 Dante, so you just have everything with her and don't really need to switch through stuff.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Ah...DMC stuff
B-But my OTP...Then again I take the time to grind the ever living hell out of my units so Lucina didn't have too many problems with stats or skills...

Oh hey look, it's people talking about my first fighting game that I tried to learn. Deadpool was really fun in UMVC3, a certain blue half-demon decided it would be cool to take out my lawyer, white haired, gun toting friend, and the Merc with a mouth whenever I played.
That's why I only have Spiderman and Deadpool team up with eachother(since it's a reference to the current Spiderman/Deadpool comic book series that's going on right now, aswell as the newish Spiderpool bromance ship/broship that's now a thing...once again)

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
Yeah, I couldn't find a gif of the ending in DMC4 - spoilers of an old game - where Nero's Devil Bringer becomes a freaking skyscraper. You'd think that would be at least out there for captioning or something.

Nero's the easy to use, but hard to master since timing to get MAX-Acts is where Nero goes from easy to hard, Dante's just difficult in general since DMC4 kind of wasn't built for him. With Special Edition, people say the easiest is Vergil because he's just that damn good which is ironic since he kind of was the more difficult character in DMC3: SE because his moveset paled in comparison to DMC4: SE and Dante in general meaning he had to make due with less options than Dante. I don't know about Lady and Trish, but I think they were lumped in the middle since Lady's mechanically different, but since she plays at range, it's safer for her while Trish is kind of like DMC1 Dante, so you just have everything with her and don't really need to switch through stuff.
Dante's really fun to play, though. Like that one combo with Lucifer, mmm.

Tarastel

Claymore
NNID
Tarastel

Yeah, just watched Lady's battles. It's almost like a 3rd person shooter, you can tell they really designed her to use that Kalina Ann. Any melee attacks seem like secondary options. Kinda surprising that her play style is in a fast paced game like DMC4, but hey, variety is the spice of life right?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Finally getting to watch The Flash episode with Earth 2...it's weird

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
To understand the ways of the Deadpool, you must try out MvC3, Ultimate Alliance 1-2, and Lego Marvel...once you've completed the game(or just watch Hulk vs Wolverine and play Deadpool the video game)
MVC3?

Shoryuken anyone? (really hope that's in the movie. Or at least the sequel)

:135:

Avokha

A+B smash tech is my baby <3
NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
Booted up for glory today and after playing a few people, I discovered I've been placed in "For Glory Hell," aka getting reported for whatever reason and thus getting matched with the same salty/spammy scrubs every game. Uuuugggh :facepalm:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Booted up for glory today and after playing a few people, I discovered I've been placed in "For Glory Hell," aka getting reported for whatever reason and thus getting matched with the same salty/spammy scrubs every game. Uuuugggh :facepalm:
Happened to me a few days ago. Some dude got salty after losing one match to me and supposedly "reported" me and quickly left. I just laughed it off, though. After all, no FG session is truly complete without some salt to round out the day. :troll:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
I have no idea if I'm in it, but it seems like it given that I don't get as many people as I normally do. On the bright side, almost every player that I do fight as of late is skilled and/or fun.

If this is FG Hell, then I don't want to leave. :p
Man, that's got to suck. What were you doing to get reported?

:135:
Since the reporting system is awful and virtually unregulated, it could've been anything.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
You know the feeling when you finally finish something big and it's like a weight's been lifted off your shoulders? That's kind of like how I feel right now.

Sorry for seemingly disappearing for the last week. I think it'll be easier for me to be more active again now that my newest project is done.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Hell if I know :p Some player probably just got salty, I never taunt unless they do first, and I don't use the name system to talk either lol :shaker:
Butthurt game too strong

Last edited:

Yoite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ryudo212
Sorry for being inactive. Have had to sort out a place to live with some friends for my second year of uni, as well as doing actual uni work. I've been hanging out with my friend a lot during my free time to practice smash 4 still so I'm still in the game (don't worry am forever still a Robin main, even if I am considering Co maining Corrin, Robin is still number one :p )

I have my second ever tournament tomorrow so wish me luck guys! :)

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
EIGHT MORE DAYS, MY COMRADES.
Whose #TeamHoshido ,and whose #TeamNohr ?

Also how did Sakurai not make this happen???
❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
I want this
Not sure if sarcasm.
No its not

Smash Ace
NNID
Marki243
3DS FC
4527-8978-8771

Does this answer your question?
If it does something for someone out there, I guess I should feel some sort of happiness...All I get from this is a sort of creepy pervertedness that sends chills from the iciest parts of hell down my spine.

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
EIGHT MORE DAYS, MY COMRADES.
Whose #TeamHoshido ,and whose #TeamNohr ?

Also how did Sakurai not make this happen???
❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
That reminds me
Robin x Corrin
I'm on love with these custom alts though, like the one in my avatar <3

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Next Splatfest might be one of the most even matchups yet!
Dat Team Rocket reference though. Splatoon knows what's up.

Speaking of what's up, new extended trailer for the second Digimon Adventure tri Movie!

IMPERIALDRAMON HYPE!!!

Tarastel

Claymore
NNID
Tarastel
That feeling you get when you finally beat all the generals in infinite regalia and realize you didn't bring a lock picker....

Also for anyone interested, Artist Toine made these pretty great dynamic images of Lucina a while back.

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
Another one of Abadango's lists.
I honestly have so much to say about it I have no idea where to start.
:196:
Abadango apparently thinks Robin's top 20. Why? Checkmate. Seriously.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I don't believe I ever paired Miriel up with anyone. Doubt it'll happen this playthrough either since she tends to get left out in favor of Ricken and now Tharja is in the group. I also have no idea what I'm gonna do when Fates comes out. I won't have Lunatic beat by then but I don't wanna abandon my current Awakening playthrough or get sick of playing too much FE. Might just hold off playing Fates.

Top Bottom