• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
Well. Theoretically, our tippers especially the aerials became much safer on shield thanks to the added shield stun. So we did indirectly gained something. The only direct change we got was the SB nerf but I'm sure its so that SB wouldn't be too broken with the new shield and DK got hit by this change too with his Side B being nerfed as well. Besides, I'm talking about those members who thought Marth now sucks just because SB got nerfed.

Hm.. I see. There have been talks that Pikachu is indeed a monster because of the added shield stun. So Pikachu may be a bigger threat, if not, the biggest threat other than Shiek in this new patch. So any new combos that Robin can do? Did the new patch do something for his MUs?
Marth's untippered attacks are less safe on shield as a result, though. Not that it mattered in the first place since tipping is Marth's bread and butter.
I also complained about the SB nerf briefly until I read about the shield stun changes afterwards. In all honesty, I doubt it's going to change the move's usefulness much. Sakurai's twitter about SB being better now is a lie. (Why Sakurai!? :C)

ESAM, one of the top players and Pikachu mains even called Pikachu's shield pressure broken. That means something.

As for Robin combos out of this patch...I doubt there's any. We didn't get any frame data changes, did we? We just put a lot more pressure on shields now more than anything else.

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
Marth's untippered attacks are less safe on shield as a result, though. Not that it mattered in the first place since tipping is Marth's bread and butter.
I also complained about the SB nerf briefly until I read about the shield stun changes afterwards. In all honesty, I doubt it's going to change the move's usefulness much. Sakurai's twitter about SB being better now is a lie. (Why Sakurai!? :C)

ESAM, one of the top players and Pikachu mains even called Pikachu's shield pressure broken. That means something.

As for Robin combos out of this patch...I doubt there's any. We didn't get any frame data changes, did we? We just put a lot more pressure on shields now more than anything else.
Marth got nerfed, but people really shouldn't be complaining about SB that much, considering it shouldn't even get used that often in a match.

Nah, no new combos, just better stuff on shield.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Fire Emblem # GBA_01.png

wow, this boss is a massive idiot
(for those who can't tell, he's an archer who allowed himself to get trapped between the wall and my unit, so now he can't attack and can only await the inevitable)

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Ok, this is pretty hilarious

That face XD

Ah, okay. i was starting to wonder. Actually, what stages are legal in Smash 4?

But when he does, it's really scary O_o. There is just so much rage in him.

Yeah, I flipped out when I found out. Plus, you can play as all 13 (12?) of the Doctors! is that amazing or what?!

I can't imagine it would be used very much.

Like Fox's Blaster?

Okay, that is extremely funny XD

:135:
For 3DS I'm assuming?

I'm not 100% sure, but I think this is about it.
Can you blame him? The Doctor has had a rough life, to put it mildly.

I don't have any statistics for how often briefcase guns are used, but apparently enough to get a shout-out in Smash.

Similar, but less futuristic. (Although, they could always go the laser watch route instead)
They should have used Fox instead of Falco considering that's his main lol

I'm now imagining Leffen as the main character from the Bourne films.
Actually, I think it makes more sense that it's Falco kicking Leffen out the window, since Falco is Fox's rival.
So what do we do if Raz actually beats ZeRo?
Ummm, what else? CELEBRATE!!!!!!

Also, PRAISE THE

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
For 3DS I'm assuming?

I don't have any statistics for how often briefcase guns are used, but apparently enough to get a shout-out in Smash.

Similar, but less futuristic. (Although, they could always go the laser watch route instead)

Actually, I think it makes more sense that it's Falco kicking Leffen out the window, since Falco is Fox's rival.

Also, PRAISE THE
You forgot Reset Bomb Forest and Arena Ferox aswell, also Duck Hunt

Last edited:

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, forgot we just got one more.

Also, there is no way in hell that Reset Bomb Forest is legal! Pretty sure neither is Arena Ferox bro.
Arena Ferox is fine. What's wrong with it? No walk-offs, regular transformations, platforms, maybe one cave of life...I really can't see what's so bad about it other than transformation bias.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Oh yeah, forgot we just got one more.

Also, there is no way in hell that Reset Bomb Forest is legal! Pretty sure neither is Arena Ferox bro.
Actually they are, they're counterpicks but it counts. Reset Bomb is considered a better version of Skyworld, while Arena Ferox has been used(quite popular to)before the Wii U version came out.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Actually they are, they're counterpicks but it counts. Reset Bomb is considered a better version of Skyworld, while Arena Ferox has been used(quite popular to)before the Wii U version came out.
Ew Skyworld is literally trash

But Reset Bomb is fun to play on~

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Arena Ferox is fine. What's wrong with it? No walk-offs, regular transformations, platforms, maybe one cave of life...I really can't see what's so bad about it other than transformation bias.
I thought because the transformations made it too large which promoted camping, plus there are a few instances of CoL's.
Can I see the source for this stage list?

D

Deleted member

I would love to see Arena Ferox, Magicant, and Yoshi's Island on the Wii U version.
Arena Ferox and Magicant because I like the designs of the stages and I think they could benefit being in HD. Yoshi's Island because the Wii U version would have yet another competitive stage to play on. I'm still shocked that the 3DS doesn't have Smashville still...

Hm.. I see. There have been talks that Pikachu is indeed a monster because of the added shield stun. So Pikachu may be a bigger threat, if not, the biggest threat other than Shiek in this new patch.
...That means Pikachu might get nerfed in a future patch. I can't take it anymore.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I thought because the transformations made it too large which promoted camping, plus there are a few instances of CoL's.

Can I see the source for this stage list?
Neutral:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Omega (Anything)
Yoshi's Island
Tomodachi Life

Counterpick:
Prism Tower
Arena Ferox
Rainbow Road
Reset Bomb Forest

Agreed upon on by many websites like Gamefaqs, Youtube, even Reddit and Twitter(before the Wii U occured)
Ew Skyworld is literally trash

But Reset Bomb is fun to play on~
Y U always hatin on Skyworld? Best legal stage since other Kid Icarus stages

Palutena's Temple is the best one

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
For 3DS I'm assuming?

Also, PRAISE THE
I doubt Prisim Tower is legal but add Duck Hunt and Arena Ferox as the counterpick.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I actually have found some Claus images that seem like decent avatars, but I love this one too much to use them.

On another note, the first couple on the RST island was Antonykun Antonykun and:4robinf:
There was a problem fetching the tweet
It just dawned to me that I S-Supported Robin

oh boy

any-yees who wants to smash 3ds?

Last edited:

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
So are we talking about 3DS stages we want in the Wii U version(and vice versa)?

I'd like Arena Ferox,Yoshi's Island, and Prisim Tower on the Wii U version and Smashville and Town and City on the 3DS.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
So are we talking about 3DS stages we want in the Wii U version(and vice versa)?

I'd like Arena Ferox,Yoshi's Island, and Prisim Tower on the Wii U version and Smashville and Town and City on the 3DS.
In that case, I'll share my list. I'm only doing 3DS stages to Wii U though.

Arena Ferox
Find Mii
Gerudo Valley
Pac-Maze (It's a better :4pacman: stage option than Pac-Land)
Tomodachi Life
Prism Tower
Tortimer Island

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Shall you take this fledgling liker as your apprentice now that you have given him your consent and blessing?

Speaking of consent: Hong Hong How dare you, kind ma'am? How dare you take my thing without consulting the one true Skeleton?

Now that thats out of the way, anyone up for some Smash?

Hong

The Strongest
Speaking of consent: Hong Hong How dare you, kind ma'am? How dare you take my thing without consulting the one true Skeleton?
I have been the master of bones on Smashboards for like ten times longer than you have even been here. You are a mere skeleton, while I am the Empress King Monarch Ruler Celestial Supreme Of All Skeletons.

Where you at.:skull:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
I have been the master of bones on Smashboards for like ten times longer than you have even been here. You are a mere skeleton, while I am the Empress King Monarch Ruler Celestial Supreme Of All Skeletons.

Maybe so, but I've held the title of Bones and all things skeletal IRL for 15 years! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Where YOU at?:skull::skull:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer

Maybe so, but I've held the title of Bones and all things skeletal IRL for 15 years! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Where YOU at?:skull::skull:
Dr. McCoy would disagree.

That's right, a Star Trek reference.

Edit: Oh yeah......where you at? :skull::skull:

Last edited:

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
I really want Tortimer's Island and Nintendogs on wii u.

If nintendogs got on it would be the only stage i'd use.

ALL FOR THE BEST SONG IN THE ENTIRE GAME.

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165

Damn you, I was just about to post this!
Also, not as good as this.

Anyway, my brother had Pokemon on, and Misty said "Have a jelly filled doughnut!" referring to her rice ball, than Brock said "Nothing like a jelly-filled doughnut!" referring to his bunch of rice balls. It was hilarious!

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I

LIVING ROOM
RESET BOMB FOREST
ARENA FEROX
MAGICANT
YES TO ALL OF THIS

Nah

Smash Champion
Anyway, my brother had Pokemon on, and Misty said "Have a jelly filled doughnut!" referring to her rice ball, than Brock said "Nothing like a jelly-filled doughnut!" referring to his bunch of rice balls. It was hilarious!
That confused the **** out of me when I was kid. "Have a jelly filled doughnut!" she says. BUT THOSE AREN'T JELLY FILLED DONUTS THEY DON'T LOOK LIKE DONUTS AT ALL WHY'RE YOU CALLING THEM THAT.

I assume that it was part of the localization process since 90's kids most likely would have no idea wtf a rice ball/onigiri is, but couldn't they have picked a food that would've made more sense than donuts?

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
That confused the **** out of me when I was kid. "Have a jelly filled doughnut!" she says. BUT THOSE AREN'T JELLY FILLED DONUTS THEY DON'T LOOK LIKE DONUTS AT ALL WHY'RE YOU CALLING THEM THAT.

I assume that it was part of the localization process since 90's kids most likely would have no idea wtf a rice ball/onigiri is, but couldn't they have picked a food that would've made more sense than donuts?
They could have at least said Japanese restaurant or something. Wouldn't have confused anyone.

Top Bottom