• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I miss :sonic:'s VA idc what anyone says.

That was at the high point of Griffith's tenure as Sonic, and the voice work was perfect.
I agree. They truly axed Griffith when he was actually becoming a good Sonic.
Roger Craig Smith, while probably a cool dude and a good VA for most characters, he's AWFUL for Sonic. Especially when talking.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Things I miss from Melee:

- Competent Doc
- Ganondorf's speed and u-tilt
- Sword clash sound effects
- Adventure Mode

I think that's about it, really. I'm good with everything else.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Subspace Emissary in this game would have been too good.

Especially since all of the newcomers would be added to the story. Ex:

"Oh, Pit...you seem to be out of it. I better help you out just a little.....*BLACK HOLE AND MEGA LASER* *Teleports in front of pit* *flips hair* cue the name PALUTENA.

Also, chaingrabs made me cry. Everywhere I went online in Brawl, it was Nanish and PoopPoop chain-grabbin' me to the Underworld.

I remember turning off my Wii when I ran into them online. Then, I'd turn it on again, and i'd pit 3 CPU Meta Knights vs The Ice Climbers on Lvl. 1, with Smash Balls and Explosive Crates.

⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒TREMENDOUS SALT

Soul.

Okay, so like, I realize Griffith did a good job portraying Sonic when he was his VA. The voice, to me, was simply annoying. Smith is cool, and Drummond was great.
I detest the Ice Climbers and I don't miss them at all.

I hated that in Brawl and it was heavily abused in Basic Brawl.
Sudden Death? Well, I'll just plank for a minute or two.
Planking sucks man. I'm glad they got rid of it in Smash 4.

also what I miss from Melee:
- Pikachu's up air semispike and up smash
- Melee Samus
- Roy's DED KOing
- Melee Jigglypuff

I may be missing some things..

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Things I miss from Melee:

- Competent Doc
- Ganondorf's speed and u-tilt
- Sword clash sound effects
- Adventure Mode

I think that's about it, really. I'm good with everything else.
Y'know I forgot that actually killed crazy early.

Soul.

Why is Smogon so, so dumb. Everyone there is discussing Hoopa and Hoopa Unbound, and all they've been doing is *****.
I'm glad I stopped playing OU.

The ONE AND ONLY thing I miss from Brawl (Other than Subspace Emissary) was the power shield noise, because it sounds so cool!

Tbh I didn't enjoy brawl very much
upload_2015-7-25_15-9-44.png

Tripping is dumb smh

Matsushi

True Blood
Now that I think about it, there are numerous things that I miss in Brawl. I mainly miss :snake: and his box shenanigans, his grenades and blowing people up with his C4. I recall first buying the game and always laughing at Snake because he looked so misplaced from the other characters; watching :snake:vs:jigglypuff: was the most comical thing ever. When I mained Snake for a brief amount of time, I bought the MGS HD collection, thus falling in love the franchise. :3

The Subspace Emissary was awesome and I was super bummed that it was removed. I just loved how the characters didn't speak at all (aside from :falcon:'s "come on!"), and I also LOVED the alliances each character made such as :zerosuitsamus:/:pikachu2: and :marth:/:ike:/:metaknight:. It was simply such a thrill.
I also miss the Basic Brawl shenanigans (to an extent) and predominately, :marth:. Oh, how I miss him.
I FOUND THE ORIGINAL SOURCE OF THE IF: PARADE - NOHR VERSION @ Matsushi Matsushi

It's a NicoVideo though, so you need to make an account on the site to watch it ; w ;

And if you Robin gorls don't know, this is what it is based off of. The opening to the anime Death Parade.
OH YES, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

This is absolute genius.

D

Deleted member

Things I missed about Melee:
-Marth's range
-Melee Adventure Mode
-Jigglypuff's Rest
-Dr. Mario actually being good.
-Bowser's voice

Things I missed about Brawl:
-Wolf
-Falco's dair
-Meta Knight being fun
-Luigi's nair

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Things I missed about Melee:
-Marth's range
-Melee Adventure Mode
-Jigglypuff's Rest
-Dr. Mario actually being good.
-Bowser's voice

Things I missed about Brawl:
-Wolf
-Falco's dair
-Meta Knight being fun
-Luigi's nair
Marth's range is the same as always.
What he lacks now is his air mobility/combos and his speed.

D

Deleted member

They're demons.

And you've fallen victim.

:salt:
So you agree with me that the Ice Climbers are demons? :D

That's pretty much HBox's whole strat at EVO

Marth's range is the same as always.
What he lacks now is his air mobility/combos and his speed.
Actually, I played some Melee and Marth's sword is a lot bigger than in 4.
Even then, I miss Melee Marth, and by extension Brawl Marth. He just doesn't have the same grace as in the older games.

Matsushi

True Blood
Marth's range I believe isn't the same as Brawl. The Falchion he has now is a friggin' dagger.
When I manage to break someone's shield and prepare for a nice, charged and clean tipper f-smash or neutral-b, I'm always like;
"Ayy, this is gonna reach them."
It misses.
"Alrighty, lemme move a little closer to them."
It misses again.
By the time I've figured out the exact positioning, they've already snapped out of it. :emptysheep:

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
Still available if anyone wants to fight meh. :4metaknight:

Maybe I'm alone on this, but I actually miss Ike's Brawl/Path of Radiance outfit.

I l(Not saying there's anything wrong with his Radiant Dawn outfit though, I just like this one more)
I do love his PoR appearance too, but I much prefer his RD one instead as I like characters to have a new look in a new game. (See Roy)

You don't know how happy I was once I saw the Radiant Hero of Legend is his RD masculine glory. :p

Last edited:
@ Matsushi Matsushi

Edit: To celebrate FE's 25th anniversary, Yusuke Kozaki (he designed the characters for Awakening and If) drew a sketch featuring various FE protagonists

Last edited:

LousyTactician

There's a red door and I want it painted pink
Still available if anyone wants to fight meh. :4metaknight:

I do love his PoR appearance too, but I much prefer his RD one instead as I like characters to have a new look in a new game. (See Roy)

You don't know how happy I was once I saw the Radiant Hero of Legend is his RD masculine glory. :p
Buff Ike is best Ike

It feels good having a Robin Amiibo now. I named him Mark (heheheh). And I totally did not import this.

Last edited:

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
If I had a Robin amiibo I would be unoriginal and call it Grima. I don't want to spend time and money getting an amiibo though.

Top Bottom