• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tier List Speculation

steelguttey

mei is bei
can't wait till oilmar gets buffed and people acknowledge how ridiculous it is how he kills at 110% with uthrow with a flowered blue

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Guys, I have a tier list, it's 100% accurate

**** tier: Everyone

SSS Tier: Ganon when he lands a hit

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
More adventures in Melee: Good lord Melee Ganon is such utter ****e

Like seriously I'm going to bust all my friends' faces open when I go back to PM Ganon who can actually recover and has throw follow ups and a ridiculously good Fair

Also um yeah looking forward to the Ganon buffs, dude's definitely my secondary and I love playing him in PM. He feels really smooth and his hits are all really satisfying to land.

GlowingOrangeOoze

Smash Cadet
Dude that's like not even where PMBR really buffed ganon. Tha ftilt, tha wavelands out of aerials, tha autocancels. But yes the extra disjoint on his fair is really helpful.
Whenever I play melee ganon I don't even feel like I'm being inhibited much (save for the absence of RAR) but then when I go back to PM it feels like the chains have been shattered. Feels real nice.

Bazkip

Smash Master
Dude that's like not even where PMBR really buffed ganon. Tha ftilt, tha wavelands out of aerials, tha autocancels. But yes the extra disjoint on his fair is really helpful.
Whenever I play melee ganon I don't even feel like I'm being inhibited much (save for the absence of RAR) but then when I go back to PM it feels like the chains have been shattered. Feels real nice.
The lack of b-reverse Wiz Foot kills me

Like actually I try to do it when facing the wrong way while recovering and just die as a result.

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
Melee Ganon doesn't have a good fair?

Son, are you playing Pal?
I adapted to the spacing after a while, but when I'm used to hitting fair from half stage a way, no, he does not.

My friend's Puff kept jumping out of my Dthrow; maybe that's an MU exclusive thing though, or I was too slow. I only seemed to be able to connect Dthrow to Bair at mid-ish percents.

Edit: Like, it should tell you something that Ganon's PM fair feels right at home to me, when I main IKE.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Playing Ganon is like dodging bullet trains. Except when you finally hit someone it's like you decided to randomly grab a rope on a bullet train and are hanging on for dear life as you fly at 200mph.

Player -0

Smash Hero
They changed Ganon's Fair from Melee? The only thing I can think of is Ganon's arm bait at the beginning of the move (which is intangible btw).

Can we get a confirm? (Who to tag?)

D

Deleted member

Ganons fair and dair in PM 3.02 are his brawl animations, which are better

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
The actual disjoint/hitbox positioning of it matches Melee. He may reach further though with the animation.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
So how bout dem dere tier lists eh?

Ganondork and Boozer are top bottom tier.

MewThree, Pittoo, James, Gotta Go Fast, and Pubescent Child are bottom top tier.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Guys, 30xx tier list

**** tier: Everyone

S Tier: Ganon when he lands a hit

SSS+ Tier: Ganon when he lands a hit on Ganon

Foo

Smash Lord
So, since this thread is so dead, I think we finally have time to talk about this MASSIVE gameplay issue/bug that hasn't been talked about in this thread before.

Link's Boomerang is MASSIVELY imbalanced.

I normally play mario, so I am very very skilled at characters like that, so I decided to try Link. At the start of the game, I immediately went to the corner of FD, and starting hitting side b. The boomerang went out the first time, but the second time he just swung his arm without throwing anything. This allowed my opponent to simply run up to me to melee attack. Internally laughing at his foolish mistake, I (and I know this is technical) held down on the analog stick while mashing down on the c-stick. However, instead of pwning my opponent, I slid off the stage and did a down air, causing my death.

Sigh, I thought for once, link wouldn't be bottom tier, but I guess he is in this game too. It's such a shame to lose after so clearly outplaying my opponent.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
So, since this thread is so dead, I think we finally have time to talk about this MASSIVE gameplay issue/bug that hasn't been talked about in this thread before.

Link's Boomerang is MASSIVELY imbalanced.

I normally play mario, so I am very very skilled at characters like that, so I decided to try Link. At the start of the game, I immediately went to the corner of FD, and starting hitting side b. The boomerang went out the first time, but the second time he just swung his arm without throwing anything. This allowed my opponent to simply run up to me to melee attack. Internally laughing at his foolish mistake, I (and I know this is technical) held down on the analog stick while mashing down on the c-stick. However, instead of pwning my opponent, I slid off the stage and did a down air, causing my death.

Sigh, I thought for once, link wouldn't be bottom tier, but I guess he is in this game too. It's such a shame to lose after so clearly outplaying my opponent.
Oh my god pMBR, how could you let in such a huge bug

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Let it be known
M2
Diddy
Lucas
This is the top 3

Last edited:

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
So I'm really bad and this is stupid but I'm glad I tried cause it's kind of like a moonwalk input but this is basically the thing that luigi does that's stupid on top of being a bull**** character that nobody plays even mildly good on the trendstreams or whatever

Got this gif done
It's cool cause it's kind of like a moonwalk input after the wd
It's only something that comes after wds but you can WD OOS towards someone and use any attack while moving away from them.
There's some in here that I tried where you can WD TOWARDS someone the slide away and actually get 2 attacks with full WD momentum backwards, so you can jab > Dsmash/Ftilt shields safely while flying away, and if you try doing anything and get clipped by dsmash you die from a combo, if you don't get hit than Luigi is totally safe. Such easy confirms and never overcommitting his classic WD approaches LOL
I can't do it with ftilt very well but there's a few here where I got full momentum backwards with things like Jab and Grab and Dsmash (which you can charge smashes) but doing it with Ftilt is the thing that makes him so ****ing stupid to deal with.

I don't know what the frames are like but basically you WD which I think is 10 frames or something, then you just need to CRAWL for a single frame in the opposite direction.
I'm super slow but I wouldn't doubt it's a 1 frame thing that gives you WD speed after a WD in the opposite direction
You can also do this thing where you get 3 WD changes by crawling back the forward again or something, but that's more committing cause you go forward and I couldn't even do it once since I really don't know how to do it and can't stand this character so don't really give a **** other than how much i got wrecked by bamesy in 2.6 luigi and don't even wanna know what 3.5 is gonna have if they buff him and if he ever picks up this character again

In the luigi boards it's called wavescuttling when you crawl really fast and can only do it one way, but this you can actually already do both ways since it's only the initial momentum from the crawl (that's just a guess for why) so it's not something that is different based on direction you face.
Luigi moonwalking basically
You can also do this with shields spot dodges and stuff too which is really weird
This is really bad play and technical skill showing but it's the best I'm gonna do with a character I don't want to play so whatever
K now I'm basically late for canadian thanks giving but that's ok cause my gramma is gonna be late too RUIN EVERYTHING
wait can you point me to a guide on how to actually do this

StanFlat

Smash Rookie
ATTENTION: HERE IS MY TIER LIST COMPOSED OF SOLELY UNINFORMED OPINIONS THAT I WILL DEFEND TO THE DEATH

I play this game for money tier:
:pit: Pit
:diddy:Diddy
:mewtwopm: M2
:mario2: Mario (pronounced merrio)
:fox: Fux

PM is the only smash game I play tier:
:roypm: Roy
:ivysaur:Ivy
:zelda: Zelder
:yoshi2: Yawshi
:bowser2: boozer

Why does everyone else hate my main? tier:
:lucas:Poocas
:sonic: Sanic
:metaknight: m2k
:link2: Stink

That fun secondary that you play more than your main tier:
:wolf: this is that char from killer instict, right?
:charizard: Zard
:snake: he got a big booty so I call him big booty

Manly Hemingway tier doomed to top 8 but not top 4 placings:
:ganondorf: Dooooooorf
:dk2: Dunkey
:ike: Ike
:dedede: Ivan Ooze
:falcon: HYESSS

When's maylay tier?
:peach: Peesh
:falco: Joe Flacco is an elite qb
:popo: icks
:sheik: Sheik prefers male gender pronouns
:jigglypuff: Hbox
:marth: Marf

Hipster main tier that will defend their character to the death
:warioc: coneyzzz
:toonlink: Toon Lunchables
:lucario: Lucaryu
:squirtle: JDCwombat
:olimar: Lamar
:gw: I'm gonna constantly post gifs of nintendude vs cyrain to show how great gdubs is
:kirby2: chudat tho

Spam moar tier:
:samus2: spamus
:ness2: PKFire

holy **** why do I put so much effort into this character for so little appreciable success tier:
:pikachu2: the rat
:zerosuitsamus: fanservice
:rob: Metal JCaesar no spaces

Actual secret boss god-tier potential I'm not even joking this is the one serious point in this post tier:
:luigi2: Weegee
I was wondering if you could expand further on your theory of "Actual secret boss god-tier potential I'm not even joking this is the one serious point in this post" Luigi. What makes you think that? Do you think he has untapped combo potential? If so to what degree?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
The argument for Luigi's potential seems to hinge on some other-worldly ability by the Luigi player, that's never matched by the opponent. Like Armada M2K DRPP level Luigi player, and the opponent is "Kevin" from Kentucky.

ZOMG Luigi is good they said

Last edited:

GlowingOrangeOoze

Smash Cadet
There's this norcal luigi player who goes by Razr and I'm pretty sure he promised his soul to some dark spirit because when I played vs. him he got like 7 misfires in 1 game, about 13 in the set, and only about half of them were saved for. I asked him about it and he said "I feel like I get misfires pretty much whenever I want." Then I got him to friendly a friend of mine and the same thing happened. So I'm pretty sure the day of Luigi's Reckoning will be either at this guy's hands or someone else familiar with the usage of ouija boards and/or séance.

TreK

Is "that guy"
As a 5 year Luigi main in Brawl, I can tell you one thing :
We've been landing misfires without the charge mechanic for years. It's a bonus but we don't have to rely on it. Luigi mains know how to hit with side B. If it misfires, great, we'll take it. If it doesn't, we're gonna use it in a way that won't let you punish. The only risk is not getting a misfire, it's not getting hit.

Oh and we like to pretend we can guess when it happens, it makes people freak out on Internet forums :V

AuraBlade0012

Smash Rookie
NNID
Shadow0012
So how bout dem dere tier lists eh?

Ganondork and Boozer are top bottom tier.

MewThree, Pittoo, James, Gotta Go Fast, and Pubescent Child are bottom top tier.
(I am assuming Pubescent Child is Ness. Pardon me if I'm wrong.) Yes, that looks good, but MewThree and Gotta Go Fast should go to mid tier. Falcon Pawnch should head to top of bottom tier.

Last edited:
Top Bottom