• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tier List Speculation

Paradoxium

Smash Master
Tough to say. He's a worse fox in a game where everyone's designed with serious tools against fox ... but he's still really good.
The only similarities I notice about wolf and Fox are that they both have shines, I don't think they play alike at all

Player -0

Smash Hero
Brawl tech hurp?
I think this was in Brawl. The increased speed that characters can go ust increased the "recoil" or whatever when you bounce back. Squirtle can do this too, it's called hydrocrawling.

Actually 12 years old is a big deal, most of the #young kids in the community are like 14 or 15 years old. Usually kids below that age aren't good at smash, and they lack the patience to learn.
I think most 12 year olds don't know there's a Smash scene. I certainly didn't.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
for a good time, just watch chillin in PM all day

that is my opinion of wolf on the tier list, ty

Last edited:

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
ATTENTION: HERE IS MY TIER LIST COMPOSED OF SOLELY UNINFORMED OPINIONS THAT I WILL DEFEND TO THE DEATH

I play this game for money tier:
:pit: Pit
:diddy:Diddy
:mewtwopm: M2
:mario2: Mario (pronounced merrio)
:fox: Fux

PM is the only smash game I play tier:
:roypm: Roy
:ivysaur:Ivy
:zelda: Zelder
:yoshi2: Yawshi
:bowser2: boozer

Why does everyone else hate my main? tier:
:lucas:Poocas
:sonic: Sanic
:metaknight: m2k
:link2: Stink

That fun secondary that you play more than your main tier:
:wolf: this is that char from killer instict, right?
:charizard: Zard
:snake: he got a big booty so I call him big booty

Manly Hemingway tier doomed to top 8 but not top 4 placings:
:ganondorf: Dooooooorf
:dk2: Dunkey
:ike: Ike
:dedede: Ivan Ooze
:falcon: HYESSS

When's maylay tier?
:peach: Peesh
:falco: Joe Flacco is an elite qb
:popo: icks
:sheik: Sheik prefers male gender pronouns
:jigglypuff: Hbox
:marth: Marf

Hipster main tier that will defend their character to the death
:warioc: coneyzzz
:toonlink: Toon Lunchables
:lucario: Lucaryu
:squirtle: JDCwombat
:olimar: Lamar
:gw: I'm gonna constantly post gifs of nintendude vs cyrain to show how great gdubs is
:kirby2: chudat tho

Spam moar tier:
:samus2: spamus
:ness2: PKFire

holy **** why do I put so much effort into this character for so little appreciable success tier:
:pikachu2: the rat
:zerosuitsamus: fanservice
:rob: Metal JCaesar no spaces

Actual secret boss god-tier potential I'm not even joking this is the one serious point in this post tier:
:luigi2: Weegee

Last edited:

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
youre vanilla lunchables, he's talking about TOON lunchables

CORY

wut
BRoomer
ATTENTION: HERE IS MY TIER LIST COMPOSED OF SOLELY UNINFORMED OPINIONS THAT I WILL DEFEND TO THE DEATH

When's maylay tier?

:gw: I'm gonna constantly post gifs of nintendude vs cyrain to show how great gdubs is

Spam moar tier:

holy **** why do I put so much effort into this character for so little appreciable success tier:

Actual secret boss god-tier potential I'm not even joking this is the one serious point in this post tier:
where's fox, though?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
all these people on reddit telling others that DDD has a bad neutral game are really angering me. They have no clue what they are talking about

Circle_Breaker

Smash Journeyman

:fox: Fux

When's maylay tier?

Spam moar tier:

This is literally the most accurate tier list I have ever seen for any smash game, except for the smash64 tier list.

all these people on reddit telling others that DDD has a bad neutral game are really angering me. They have no clue what they are talking about
Reddit's opinions make me want to die sometimes and the voting system exacerbates the problem so badly. Like people saying Sonic is just okay and totally beatable when you figure him out, and everyone is pretty viable in PM (except against the top 8 characters lol but what do such a small number of characters matter in a tournament).

Last edited:

Pr0fessor Flash

Smash Master
NNID
Snake_Midwest
3DS FC
1993-8618-5171
I think this was in Brawl. The increased speed that characters can go ust increased the "recoil" or whatever when you bounce back. Squirtle can do this too, it's called hydrocrawling.

What about me I am only 12 and I am a pretty good player

leekslap

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2294-4978-8399
I don't know if I'm good but I seem to be one of the few that adapted and uses Brawl techs. I think I'm solid. I do mindgames and wavedashing and l canceling are down perfect. I think my main problem is that I don't capitalize off a shine and wait a little but then Mario escapes my combo and bairs me offstage killing me -_- I need to go to more tourneys maybe. I can do shine techniques most of the time but I have a lot of trouble with JC grab OoShine, but who doesn't?

Foo

Smash Lord
There is another thread for people who want to promote themselves.

Relevant: the majority of people think they are better than average.

Also Level 100 Magikarp's tier list should replace the OP
90% of smash players are top 10%, but I really am

Last edited:

Stalled

Smash Apprentice
I REALLY NEED a Mario counterpick. Getting REALLY tired of getting chain grabbed and fireballed and attacked by up b out of nowhere and getting combo'd, etc. Meta Knight is a fast faller with very little againstprojectiles and ismlihhgmaya so MK vs Mario not optionjausksi. Falco gets punished too hard and babies are drunk right now. They are dancing like shoes on a mirrored potato ostrich. Falcon PUUUUUUNNNCH! Heh more like falcon only has an even MU punch! I'm so funny xookies on dry cleaning I HATE MARIO!
Please stop. Also I don't play MK but I would assume that sh nair to dd would be decent for dealing with fireballs.

leekslap

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2294-4978-8399
Please stop. Also I don't play MK but I would assume that sh nair to dd would be decent for dealing with fireballs.
You would ASSUME, but you didn't know that Meta Knight's only clankable move is dash attack -_- On the Bright side, he will always win things like trades but good luck clanking fireballs with dash attack. Lol. Yeah I'll stop. Maybe I'll use Sheik just for dealing with Mario IDK I never use her. But seriously, why is the hitbox on Mario's up b soooo big? It's not even touching me an I'm spacing ttmy down tilt and it hits me!

leekslap

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2294-4978-8399
Looking for a place to discuss tierlists, reddit doesn't work.

Come to smashboards, basically the samething.
Why don't you actually start a discussion instead of complaining and pooping on the party?

If you want to know the general consensus for placings: Pit, Mewtwo, Meta Knight, Mario, spacies ( including Lucas ), Diddy Kong, Sonic, and some other ones are top tier and Ganondorf, Ice Climbers, and Jigglypuff are bottom tier. Also the underrated (or overrated in my opinopinion) are the Links, Olimar ( see this is what I'm talking aboit ) and some other ones. Everyone else is pretty fuzzy and murky to place.

Erik Aldereguia

Smash Cadet
i kinda get the feeling ness is also left a bit unexplored. i mean sure his game relies on a bit of spamming, but i feel like his potential is there.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Ness is one of the most explored characters, he is super simple and the only things un optimized by top nesses is wavebounce magnet as a quick air movement option.
We've been fleshing out ness FOREVER, he is at almost the peak of character knowdledge, just needs great players other than awestin

On wolf: if anything he is a better falco, he plays nothing like fox really. Super fun tier, chillin dash attach too much though, watch silentwolf.

When I was 12 I was sitting in my room learning marth chain grabs and trying to do perfect ledgedashes, but I knew I was trash lol.

1FD

Smash Ace

Hydrocrawling and wavescuttling
PM has the best names LOL
There wasn't WDing in brawl so I have no idea how this could work since they were so slow. Maybe it was just useless in that game? Now we have WD momentum woop/fml

If Squirt can make neutral as polarizing auto death combos from it the way luigi can then I'll add Squirt to my list of characters that would be banned if I ever ran a tournament. I already dropped peach because of characters that make neutral stupid, which included an aggrivating set against a Squirt.
Along with yoshi, ness, dedede... like half the cast really. Even kirby and rob I would be ban but I like playing AS them so it's a dilema

Being 12 explains why he didn't seem like he read anything but at least he's learning that much

magic karps are top tier

chillin and basically all others I've seen (rat/scythe/sw/etc) are like average 2.6 Wolfs. Went over this plenty in this thread, but at least prof pro was smart and dropped wolf when he was basically doing the same thing that all of them were, but maybe he would have opened games wolf up like he opened up snakes.
The metagame is still SUPER far behind where it easily could be.

I attribute that to Wolf being WAY TOO FUN that nobody gives a crap about optimizing him, but just flailing a lot and doing COOL ****
But nobody seemed to notice that optimizing him brings more fun. At least with lots of people playing him the metagame is BOUND to go somewhere and steadily is, just so far behind. Getting hype for combos like the one linked is like getting hype for basic ken combos with Marth. That's just what the characters DO NATURALLY lol

Soft sever above edit
SW does too much WL attempts on platforms into multishines and things that don't go anywhere. It's like how his Fox used to avoid doing Uthrow Uair for no reason. One day, he'll click and bam straight to goodness. Yeah, chillin is really well conditioned but that comes with conditions that aren't beneficial too, so he'll eventually grind them out.
Prof pro pick up wolf again, I wanna see if you can open it up now that you're done with snake and know how to do that with a char
Wolf is sheik with a knee

My gramma never made it to tgiving dinner
Imma hit the road again, back to the mountainvalleys of DOOOOOOM
Peace until 3.5 round 2

Last edited:

Ya Boy GP

Smash Apprentice
There are so few characters that have been explored enough to consider their meta developed. Too bad in 3.5 a lot of the characters will be revamped and they'll have to start over again.

Top Bottom