• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tier list for Marth's moves

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
So, yeah I completely ripped off the Falco boards for this thread. Ah, well.

Anyway, here is my tier list.

Top Tier

Fair
D-tilt
Dancing Blade

High Tier

Dolphin Slash
Nair
Uair
Bair

Mid Tier

U-smash
D-smash
F-throw
U-tilt
D-throw
U-throw
F-tilt

Low Tier

Jab
F-smash
Counter
Shieldbreaker

Bottom Tier

Dair
B-throw
Dash attack

Top tier is Marth's bread and butter. It's the core of his gameplay. The high tier moves are great moves that have strong properties. Mid tier are solid moves that have some weaknesses. Low tier are moves that should be used sparingly and when you do, they should be done with caution and alot of thought. Bottom tier should be avoided at all costs.

Discuss and feel free to post your own lists.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Oh, yeah I forgot to say this.

The moves aren't ordered within the tiers, but I guess I'll go back and order them.

Edit: Now it's in order.

∫unk

Smash Master
If you aren't ordering within the tiers then that's fine, only difference I'd have d-air in bottom tier.

If you are, tilts should be above throws.

This is kinda a useless tier list (like all tier lists) but you're probably just bored XD

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Junk: Marth's throws overall are better then his f-tilt since f-tilt is unsafe vs about half the cast. Throws beat shields and set-up for Marth's spacing. The damage is crap, but they are slightly more abusable then f-tilt. Which is why they are one spot higher then f-tilt.

Dair.....eh. Why not?

*Moves Dair to bottom tier.

Swastika: Well they should use it since it's easily one of the best pokes in the game. Second only to MK's d-tilt/f-tilt IMO.

∫unk

Smash Master
Junk: Marth's throws overall are better then his f-tilt since f-tilt is unsafe vs about half the cast. Throws beat shields and set-up for Marth's spacing.
Tru dat.

I'm just being bitter against throws because they don't actually set up into anything like a grab release (except at super low percent).

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Mine:

Top Tier

Fair
Dancing Blade
Dtilt
Dolphin Slash

High Tier

Nair
Up air
Up Smash
Bair

Mid Tier

Jab
Fthrow
Dthrow
Down smash
Up tilt
Forward smash
Uthrow
Ftilt

Low Tier

Counter
Shield breaker

Bottom Tier

Dair
Dash Attack
Bthrow

pretty similar compared to EL's.

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
Kinda glad someone likes dtilt as much as I do. Anyways good lists Steel and EL.

Actraiser

Smash Cadet
You guys really think Dair should never be used? I find it somewhat effective at times.. but I guess I don't really play against high level competition XD

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
I had Dair in low tier since it will see some use here and there.

But top of bottom is ok too.

DS is good, but it's unsafe so that's why I didn't put it in high tier.

bludhoundz

Smash Ace
It's really unsafe, unless your opponent is in some kind of cooldown or startup lag.

Marth's Fsmash was a lot better in Melee. They nerfed it in Brawl.

Qckpy01

Smash Apprentice
I meant up-b referring to Emblems statement. I guess I should've quoted..........

L-R-A-Start

Smash Apprentice
Sorry, but this tier list is waaaayyyyy off. Well, maybe not way off, but how is Fair not God Tier? I'm telling everyone to avoid this thread until you edit that. XD Jk, obviously.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
I don't think Marth has any moves that warrant God Tier status.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
MK is just about the only char. with a move warranting God Tier but even THEN it's matchup based...for the record, God Tier implies good in nearly EVERY situation. Above and beyond convention. And it's almost entirely fool-proof. Marth's fair...does not fit this description.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
I think bair is just a bit high, and DS is a bit low. Otherwise, it's great. Nice job EL

cman

Smash Ace
I don't think shieldbreaker should be low tier. It's unsafe, but all you really need to do is hit the shield once to severely mess with a person's defensive game. It doesn't even need to break it to have a large effect on your opponent's actions. Maybe mid

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
The shield becomes small. Your opponent can go back to their normal game plan after possibly punishing you for the lag. I don't buy that "i'm scared to shield now so i will play differently" thing.

It also fits the definition for low tier imo: "Low tier are moves that should be used sparingly and when you do, they should be done with caution and alot of thought."

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
My list:

Top Tier

Fair
Dtilt
DB

High Tier

Nair
DS
Uair

Middle Tier

Bair
Usmash
Utilt
Dsmash
Ftilt
Dthrow/Fthrow
Uthrow (against Snake this moves up a bit for juggling possibilities, but overall is here)
Fsmash

Low Tier

Jab
Shieldbreaker
Counter
Dair

Bottom Tier

Dash Attack
Bthrow.

Comment if you want just IMO, I really love Nair.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
i don't understand why dash attack is below back throw. dash attack can be used for edge guarding in a way. back throw is NEVER a good option

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
i don't understand why dash attack is below back throw. dash attack can be used for edge guarding in a way. back throw is NEVER a good option
Interesting. I've never really thought about that much, but they both suck, I might change mine then. And thanks Darxmarth.

But Steel in Marth dittos (lulz) at 0 isn't Bthrow to tipper Fsmash a true combo, even if they DI? That's just one thing though.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Interesting. I've never really thought about that much, but they both suck, I might change mine then. And thanks Darxmarth.

But Steel in Marth dittos (lulz) at 0 isn't Bthrow to tipper Fsmash a true combo, even if they DI? That's just one thing though.
i've never even tried it. but since dthrow has less lag i don't really see how bthrow would be any better, much less work. i just fthrow to stutter step fsmash

Top Bottom