• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tier dispute

PityLord

Smash Apprentice
Recently I had an argument with my brother regarding those ****ing tiers. He is really frustraded when I fight with Marth on his Yoshi. I have to say that I enjoy playing multiple characters and Marth isnt my main. My main would be Kirby wich im a lot better with.

Basicly he said that if one person doesent wants to fight with a low tier against high tier, then the high tier player should not pick the high tier character. He wants that we should either play only low tiers or matching tiers.

From my point of view this is ********. If I want to play a certain character he shouldnt "ban" the character for me. As I said I enjoy playing many characters including Marth, Roy, Bowser, Kirby, Mario, Cpt. Falcon etc. So basicly he either says that I switch a "overpowered" char or he just refuses to fight wich is frustrating since only he matches my skill from the people I know.

Egret

Smash Journeyman
He's wrong but personally if someone wanted me to play a low or bottom tier character because he/she is playing one I would gladly oblige.

Kio Iranez

Smash Ace
If a character is lower on the tier list, they either have less options available to them or they're just weak statistically. For example, Fox covers so many bases that he has a lot of control over others if you can master all of his abilities.

If your brother is younger than you, do what I do: "If you can't reach the full potential of a higher tier character, that is your fault, not mine for actually trying."

If you brother is older...well, you can rest easy with the fact that you're smarter than your older bro. :p

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
An aspect to view here is the fact that there are some Touneys that Hold Middle Tier/Low Tier or under. Maybe he would like to go to one like that?
BTW, the only person you main in High Tier is Marth. He may aregue about CF, but you still have plenty to choose from. Mario is only slightly above Low Tier anyways.

PityLord

Smash Apprentice
Well the case is we dont live in america and he is ****ing about things like that even though there are no tourneys here in Poland. We are interested in the american sceene but he is going to far for whining about things like that.

Off topic

When Brawl comes out here Im starting a tourney scene here and hopefully it will be a sucess. My website is under development and im looking for people to help in this project.

Slightly on topic

Then he will have his Low tier tournies when we estabilish a tier list.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
lol; u cant win an argument with two types of people:

younger siblings
women

no need for logic in ur case; just **** and **** until he gets tired of playing. then u wont hear his mouth.

EDIT: the same could be said for...wait nvm lemme keep it approriate

protokid

Smash Cadet
You are Right!

younger siblings
women

no need for logic in ur case; just **** and **** until he gets tired of playing. then u wont hear his mouth.

Lol I totally agree!

PityLord

Smash Apprentice

younger siblings
women

Now I really wonder what were you trying to say lol :D

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
loosing with a low tier character and complaining is called johning. No Johns Son. I've played Roy for 7 years, and not once did I john against my friend who was a sheik player.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
yeah, no johns.

if he starts picking chars like yoshi, either dont play him and walk away or just use like kirby and stuff and have fun

Puffer

Smash Apprentice
From my point of view this is ********. If I want to play a certain character he shouldnt "ban" the character for me. As I said I enjoy playing many characters including Marth, Roy, Bowser, Kirby, Mario, Cpt. Falcon etc. So basicly he either says that I switch a "overpowered" char or he just refuses to fight wich is frustrating since only he matches my skill from the people I know.
I recommend attempting some sort of compromise - your brother plays you a few matches when you're Marth, and then you switch to a low-tier character for the remaining matches. That way your bro can enjoy some "fair" matches while still being able to get some valuable practice against a high-tier character.

S2

Smash Lord
Try this compromise.

Play who you want, and if he complains give him the option to not play at all. If he chooses to not play, refer to him as "butthurt about it" everytime it comes up.

He's just throwing a fit because he's losing. Maybe its having been in the competitive scene for too long, but I tend to just laugh at people when they complain about stuff like that.

Top Bottom