• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Three Layers of Spikes - An Ike+ Combo Video

metroid1117

Smash Master
(Yes, that is a Pokemon reference.)

Youtube Link

Gameplay by me, metroid1117.

Disclaimers:
- There are only 3 opponents featured in this video, and they don't take Brawl+ as seriously as I do; obviously, there's going to be some mistakes on their part. However, every good combo video is about the star player capitalizing on the mistakes of his opponents; just deal with it regardless of how erroneous you think my opponents are.
- All gameplay is offline.
- It was my first time making a video with Sony Vegas and my first time putting some effort into video editing, so don't expect a whole lot of special effects.
- If the gameplay seems too repetitive because there are too many spikes, well... you were warned by the title.
- For some reason, the audio only comes out of one speaker, and if you play it with earphones it only comes out of one ear. I apologize for any audio problems you may have when watching this.

Shoutouts that I didn't manage to squeeze into the credits:
- Other Midwest Smashers (Lain, Anther, Omniswell, Hunger, etc.) for being so cool and so good.
- Webster, Dark Kakashi, and other TOs for hosting such great events where people can meet and play each other.
- Every single person I have played since Smash 64 came out; without the cumulative experience and pleasure I've gained throughout the years, none of this would be possible.
- Another shout-out specifically to the coders of Brawl+ and it's community, namely kupo15, Almas, The Cape, shanus, leafgreen, The Paprika Killer, GHNeko, goodoldganon, and many many others for getting Brawl+ from a mere idea to a growing trend among the Smash community.

Songs used:
1. 不可視隠月 ~ Pupil of Frenzy by dBu
2. The Rebel Army Theme [Final Fantasy 2] by S.S.H. [cut by me]

If the feedback is good then I'll post a download link to this as well.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
The only thing this is missing is a shout out to me for giving you the idea, footage, and pretty much everything that video was made of.

But seriously, I'll post my notes on it later.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
Does everyone use touhou music for brawl vids now=p?
lol

I don't play brawl+ much so this was all new to me.
wow ike's throws are so epic o.O.
are all the follow ups you did with his throws guaranteed to work or did it work because your opponent didn't react quickly enough ?=/

anyway good stuff:)
not too long, not too short
i didn't see too many combos with his jabs though :o

Palpi

Smash Hero
Me and my partner are making a dual brawl+ combo video.. eventually. awesome vid, there can never be enough spikes metroid, but there can be enough aether spike to spikes =/

metroid1117

Smash Master
Does everyone use touhou music for brawl vids now=p?
lol

I don't play brawl+ much so this was all new to me.
wow ike's throws are so epic o.O.
are all the follow ups you did with his throws guaranteed to work or did it work because your opponent didn't react quickly enough ?=/

anyway good stuff:)
not too long, not too short
i didn't see too many combos with his jabs though :o
DThrow -> BAir at low %s is pretty much guaranteed, as well as DThrow chaingrabbing on Fox, CF, and other fastfallers. I've been using a lot more DThrow -> Aether at low %s when they DI behind me for the free %; it seems like with the extra hitstun and reduced hitlag, it's harder for people to DI out of it and retaliate. BThrow can semi-chaingrab at 0%, I'm not sure if it has to be frame-perfect like Brawl Ike's chaingrab on Bowser. FThrow -> dash attack works well depending on how your opponent DIs.

And yeah... Touhou music is becoming more and more prevalent in Brawl+ combo videos. Hopefully that will raise the game's popularity :laugh:.

Me and my partner are making a dual brawl+ combo video.. eventually. awesome vid, there can never be enough spikes metroid, but there can be enough aether spike to spikes =/
One of the titles I was considering was Aether -> DAir, actually... maybe that would've been a more fitting title. I feel that Aether -> DAir is one of Ike+'s best edgeguarding options though, since auto-sweetspotting and getting edgehogged is now a very unlikely possibility; Ike absolutely wrecks DK's and Bowser's recovery because of this, since now he can utilize Eruption and DTilt in addition to Aether -> DAir..

Palpi

Smash Hero
his jab with almost any 'away' DI doesn't combo into anything. Pretty sure you can manage a jump with most characters.

It is also possible in vbrawl tho xD

MOrpher251

Smash Rookie
When i was watching the video i noticed that sometimes Ike and Ness (maybe others) would have different colorings AND there likke icon face would appear differently. I wanted to know what you did to do that? Mod maybe?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
When i was watching the video i noticed that sometimes Ike and Ness (maybe others) would have different colorings AND there likke icon face would appear differently. I wanted to know what you did to do that? Mod maybe?
It's basically done by getting Homebrew Channel on your wii, then applying the necessary codes and files to an SD card to boot them up onto your game. I won't go into much detail about it here, but if you need any tips just PM one of us.

Top Bottom