• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Resource icon

Thought I'd Try Shooting My Way Out - Mii Gunner General Guide

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
LIQUIDFGC submitted a new guide:

Thought I'd Try Shooting My Way Out - Mii Gunner General Guide - Basic guide to custom moves, strategy and preset movesets.

Mii Gunner guide.

Overview

As the zoner of the Mii Trio, Mii Gunner has a few things going for it. As all of its moves are inherently defensive, Mii Gunner has a wealth of options to keep control, including grenades, a mine not unlike Robin’s, missiles and two variants of reflectors. This makes Mii Gunner, like its Brawler and Swordsman brethren, impossible to form a strategy around until it’s moveset is revealed. Gunner also has some long reaching neutral attacks, with side smashes...
Read more about this guide...

JoBee

Smash Rookie
Good guide Liquid! Even though it was a good read I have some constructive criticism to offer: you should focus more on Mii Gunner's attacks and combos/strategies rather than coming up with custom movesets that mimic certain characters' styles.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Good guide Liquid! Even though it was a good read I have some constructive criticism to offer: you should focus more on Mii Gunner's attacks and combos/strategies rather than coming up with custom movesets that mimic certain characters' styles.
Thank you for your input.

As stated at the end, it's still very much a WIP. I'll eventually get to more in-depth strategies, but I wanted opinions on what is essentially a rough skeleton, never mind the fact that Miis are going to be incredibly divisive anyway.

Knew that someone would point out the custom movesets in either light.To me, there's a small minority that would very much say "hmm, that's cute and all, but there's no specific movesets for me to try out." There's also a part of me which believes that the minority who would want to replicate a character also exists. It is arguably an inferior priority to fleshing out strategies and combos, but it's the part that I could have done in a fleshed out manner faster, since forming a concrete battle strategy isn't exactly easy. This does not mean I won't get to it, however.

Once again, your input is valued.

simpleglitch

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1907-8424-2856
Whenever you do get to combos/strategies there are few interesting mechanics that come to mind they you may want to consider.

First one is obvious (I believe the game states it, but I didn't notice it in your guide) the explosion from cannon uppercut has a meteor effect if done above an opponent in midair.

The second one is I've found Fair allows you to completely reverse your momentum in mid-air if you hold back immediately after starting Fair, which may be useful for zoning.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Whenever you do get to combos/strategies there are few interesting mechanics that come to mind they you may want to consider.

First one is obvious (I believe the game states it, but I didn't notice it in your guide) the explosion from cannon uppercut has a meteor effect if done above an opponent in midair.

The second one is I've found Fair allows you to completely reverse your momentum in mid-air if you hold back immediately after starting Fair, which may be useful for zoning.
I'll edit these in once I overhaul the guide this afternoon.

Your input is appreciated.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Eji1700

Smash Apprentice
Absorbing Vortex is Fox's reflector with a twist: it heals you if a projectile hits it, sort of like an inverse Nosferatu from Robin. This significantly increases Gunner's longevity if the opponent is careless.

Unless i missed something and this actually reflects as well as heals, we call this psi magnet. And it's Ness' move

Fyrus

Smash Rookie
Might be worth to mention that Mii Gunner actually has a second Meteor : his down air, but there is a sweetspot to land it (a bit below the cannon)

Top Bottom