• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Thou Shalt Not Sleep on The Kid: Cloud9.Mang0 Wins MLG Anaheim

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
After an incredible weekend at MLG Anaheim, Cloud9 | Mang0 defeated EMP | Armada to claim the MLG Championship. The two players have a storied rivalry, meeting in finals matches at GENESIS and GENESIS 2, but the victor today was Mang0, taking the championship in a single 3-2 set.

In the post-game interview, Mang0 reminded the crowd: "Thou shalt not sleep on The Kid." Also, in typical Mang0 fashion he was ready to let loose after his victory, telling the crowd "I have not had a beer all weekend. It is time. Let's go."

Several people took to Twitter to congratulate the MLG Champion, from FGC legends and Riot employees to Smash Brothers mainstays and Cloud9 teammates.

Mang0 also took to Twitter to put the world on notice:

To view the full final standings, click here!

Congratulations to Cloud9 | Mang0 from everyone here at Smashboards! Thou shalt not sleep, indeed. MLG Anaheim has been an excellent weekend for Smashers everywhere, but it is just the first of several major tournaments this summer. For Smash Brothers tournament coverage and analysis throughout the summer, keep it locked here at Smashboards - we've got you covered.

The Derrit is a writer and editor here at Smashboards, and it's weekends like this that remind him what it's all for. For updates on SSBM, PM and opinions on gaming issues follow him on Twitter at @TheDerrit.

Last edited:
I did not see any of it, but Mango on another round did well. Will anyone be able to usurp the current generation anytime soon?

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Good **** to Mango, but to be honest I really really really wanted to see try hard Mango face M2K and see how that pans out.

Alondite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Exaccus
I thought he was going to throw it away after the 2nd and 3rd game; lots of unnecessary risks and low-percent SDs. Though that's Mango, I suppose, and he pulled it out in the end.

The last minute of so of game 5 was insane. So many powershields.

Thunderx097

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4484-9058-1936
Lucky Armada won the set against M2K. Otherwise Mew2King would had won MLG.

Last edited:

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
M2K Falcon is the start of 20XX.

MaNg0 still maintains goat status.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
Maybe... Tryhard need the extra 2 grand for baby money mango might have beat M2K still.

Also shout outs to Axe. More shout outs to Axe. All the shout outs to Axe. He did so well this tournament. Damn.
I freaking hope that we see more of Axe placing in the top 8 alongside Mango. We all know that we're seeing a Jolly nature Pikachu in that tournament. It's the party hat, yo. :4pikachu:

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
King Smash II, ruler of the Mango Nation, is building his army of galactic canines. Soon he will declare war on the now peaceful Smash System. The old heroes are long gone, we need a new team of players to save Melee and free the Smash System once again.

Batu

Smash Journeyman
NNID
drlight33
King Smash II, ruler of the Mango Nation, is building his army of galactic canines. Soon he will declare war on the now peaceful Smash System. The old heroes are long gone, we need a new team of players to save Melee and free the Smash System once again.
Aniki! we need you to get rid of the galactic dogs. xD

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Mango beat M2K recently, it would have been a good set but alas M2K couldn't get past Armada, as Mango did twice.
M2K did manage to get past PPMD and almost beat Armada, two demons that he had. He was going try hard this tournament, and I wanted to see try hard M2K vs try hard Mango.

Element of Smash

Scrub Lord
Technically vulpines, but I'm the only one being picky here.

itsbme

Game on!
Slippi.gg
BME#828
Good job Mango. Don't let it go to your head. People like aMSa are after you.

strawhats

Smash Master
Mango beat M2K recently, it would have been a good set but alas M2K couldn't get past Armada, as Mango did twice.
m2k has beaten mango the last 2x they've played and mango and m2k are now 3-3 against each other this year...Basically it could've gone either way if they had played each other in GFs yesterday.

NinthWonder

Smash Apprentice
My shout-outs go to Axe who clearly turned on the jets for this tournament. Bringing a Young Link and Pikachu to the Top 8? **** you, 20XX. Your doom has arrived.

Also, I hope some regular bracket matches get uploaded. I saw A Rookie advancing deep into the bracket and I always love seeing some good Mario gameplay.

Top Bottom