• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This is probably going to be completely ignored, but it's worth a shot.

zigheart

Smash Apprentice
So we, (Sirkura on kk-mm and myself) have been working in tandem to make PM compatible with BeX. we were very close when 3.5 was released limited to just a few PSA related issues, then BAM! 3.6 came out and we hit a major snag. with 3.6 came a couple cosmetic updates, namely the fact they added ASL to show stock in allstar mode for each individual character. while that's a nice aesthetic touch, it brought about a few unforseeable issues. Every character now needs battle portraits or they crash.

"But wait!! wasn't it always like that?" yes and no. while character always needed cosmetics BeX handles them differently. And it seems that the new codes they added in 3.6 for allstar mode (to show each individual stock as a seperate stock) cancels brawl EX's cosmetics. clones spawn in the game with mario's portraits and the game instantly crashes as soon as the fight starts.

"So what are you going to do about it?" We have 2 options that i'll list below. we will need the PMBR's help with the first option (likely to be ignored but i'd be pleasantly surprised if proven wrong) and second the comunity here may be able to help out with. So getting on with it.

1) Replace the new allstar with the older one and remove the new codes. i have the old one already set out, we've been using it to find the start and end of the new allstar mode but havent been having much luck since we need to find the portrate ASL changes. If someone could do that for us it would be much appreciated.

2) Research how they added the battle portraits specifically for Roy and Mewtwo. This may be another route we can take. if anyone may have figured out how they do it and can describe it in detail we can do the same for each clone. this should be able to fix the glitch as well.

Once we can get this part sorted we can move on to more testing and get another beta and shortly after hopefully a final release.

Sources if anyone wants to support our projects:
PM DiY
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?board=8.0

Project M unbound
http://smashboards.com/threads/project-m-unbound-next-character-has-been-decided.351320/

BoomBoxEMusic

Smash Apprentice
I have been waiting for someone who actually wanted to do this but first can you upload you're project all with the set of bex??

Jon Nathan

Smash Apprentice
You have no idea how much I'd like to help with this project, but my coding knowledge is very basic. All I can do is testing and suggest a few things you might already know or are just irrelevant:

- Mewtwo uses Pokemon Trainer's cosmetics files
- Some info about Roy and Mewtwo
- Info about Roy's resources
- Info about Roy's cosmetics

Anyway, there are my 2¢. Best of luck!

EDIT: I gotta ask, though. Did you ever get the 3.5 codeset working?

Last edited:

zigheart

Smash Apprentice
Thank you! this is a start. i'll pass the info to Sirks.

BoomBoxEMusic BoomBoxEMusic it would be pointless to upload the project as it is currently, while clones are showing up correctly they immediately crash in the match. there really isn't a point unless we can make it stable and have them actually be playable. normal characters work fine.

here are a few pictures of the issue linked in our thread by various testers:
http://i.imgur.com/qKaTczM.jpg
http://puu.sh/k0syy.jpg
http://puu.sh/kbIvG.jpg

As you can see All clones are using mario's stocks. keep in mind they are also using the default cosmetic files. it crashes the second the match starts after "GO!" once we can get past this part we will be sure to release another beta to test and hopefully a final realease soon after.

you can keep up with progress here:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=74722.0

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We just peeked at the links, and we already know that bit sadly. hmm we may need to do some digging to find out how the new codes write BP's Cosmetic codes aren't compatible with BeX, it normally overwrites them. but in this case i think its conflicting as BeX defaults to the Mario when it runs into an issue.

Wonder if Dant updated the wiki on how they routed the stocks for allstar mode. i'm positive that's where the issue is.

Last edited:

Zeiza

Smash Cadet
It's a shame the PMDT has decided to be so private with their codes, but hopefully there is someone who is willing you give you at least a little help. I can completely understand why they would want to keep most of them a secret, but it would be nice for them to give a little more back to the modding community that made Project M possible.

I wish I could help, but sadly I have very little relevant knowledge for this, and so I feel that all I can give is appreciation. I've been tracking progress on this since January, and even now it's amazing how far you've come despite all the barriers in the way, and how dedicated work to this has been despite the setbacks. This project deserves all the help it can get, and I can't wait to see this completed.

zigheart

Smash Apprentice
Thank you, it means a lot. its frustrating to be so close and be so far. sirks is testing a few things, seeing if she an find the code. she is looking into how allstar codes in their stocks in the normal matches seeing if she can get a general idea of how the code would be set up.

Jon Nathan

Smash Apprentice
Thank you! this is a start. i'll pass the info to Sirks.

here are a few pictures of the issue linked in our thread by various testers:
http://i.imgur.com/qKaTczM.jpg
http://puu.sh/k0syy.jpg
http://puu.sh/kbIvG.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We just peeked at the links, and we already know that bit sadly. hmm we may need to do some digging to find out how the new codes write BP's Cosmetic codes aren't compatible with BeX, it normally overwrites them. but in this case i think its conflicting as BeX defaults to the Mario when it runs into an issue.

Wonder if Dant updated the wiki on how they routed the stocks for allstar mode. i'm positive that's where the issue is.
Yea, I kinda supposed you already knew all that lol
By the by, I'm the one who posted that first pic, so if you need Dolphin testers, my body is ready

Also, I have an idea. IIRC, the Gecko codes patch the game's main.dol file, so if you could find a way to "intercept" the codes being applied when launching All-Star mode, you might be able to pinpoint the darnn codes once and for all
Anyway, I'm no hacker and have no idea if that's even possible, but I know for a fact that, when building an ISO, the builder (specifically the WIT dolpatch) patches the main.dol file with the GCT file to modify the game's behavior.
Again, good luck!:bluejump:

zigheart

Smash Apprentice
i'll pass it on. i'm really no coder, sirkura is the brains behind everything. she's also thinking of manually upgrading 3.5 to 3.6. nothing major really changed aside aesthetic touches, and adding the new modes would be easier then pinpointing an unknown. (we have all of those except regen mode which seems pretty simple) Dolphin would be really nice when we get a solid build to show off. it would be nice to have a video to show of everything working.

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
i'll pass it on. i'm really no coder, sirkura is the brains behind everything. she's also thinking of manually upgrading 3.5 to 3.6. nothing major really changed aside aesthetic touches, and adding the new modes would be easier then pinpointing an unknown. (we have all of those except regen mode which seems pretty simple) Dolphin would be really nice when we get a solid build to show off. it would be nice to have a video to show of everything working.
I'll help you guys out lol, I have a usb gecko and could figure out where the code is VERY easily. BTW the thread on kittycorp has some of the codes mapped incorrectly, although I don't know if that matters too much

zigheart

Smash Apprentice
that would be great! and if your reading it in the notes thats all stuff thats been stripped and pulled out and recompiled, bound to have a few errors as those are quite old. she just has them still for reference. anyway let me know what you need and i'll get it to you. this is honestly the best news i've heard in a long time xD. we've been stuck for a few months now.

Last edited:

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
that would be great! and if your reading it in the notes thats all stuff thats been stripped and pulled out and recompiled, bound to have a few errors as those are quite old. she just has them still for reference. anyway let me know what you need and i'll get it to you. this is honestly the best news i've heard in a long time xD. we've been stuck for a few months now.
Yeah, of course. If you could send me the build you guys are testing with everything already set up in BrawlEX, that would be great! (I'm coding a way to replace the alloys right now, so I'd rather not mess with my own build by setting up BrawlEX)

Also, I have an idea. IIRC, the Gecko codes patch the game's main.dol file, so if you could find a way to "intercept" the codes being applied when launching All-Star mode, you might be able to pinpoint the darnn codes once and for all
Anyway, I'm no hacker and have no idea if that's even possible, but I know for a fact that, when building an ISO, the builder (specifically the WIT dolpatch) patches the main.dol file with the GCT file to modify the game's behavior.
well, that's kind of what the codes do by definition... They communicate with the codehandler to patch values to the main.dol. WIT reads those instructions like a codehandler would and applies the patches statically instead of on a frame-by-frame basis.

Last edited:

zigheart

Smash Apprentice
Np give me a few days to set it up and i'll post a download. we appreciate it greatly. ^^

Sirkura

Smash Cadet
Beat you to it zig <3
http://www.mediafire.com/download/8vat2wl7j5hv35d/PM_DiY(unstable_patch).7z

That link includes bare minimum for testing. It's enough to add clones, (which currently freeze on match start) but extra costumes and probably more then a few IC constants will be broken. (ex. samus has crawl, link has multi jab) there are no cosmetics, just the basic default ones that are unedited. I also have a favor to ask, i'll PM it to you.

Jon Nathan

Smash Apprentice
Beat you to it zig <3

That link includes bare minimum for testing. It's enough to add clones, (which currently freeze on match start) but extra costumes and probably more then a few IC constants will be broken. (ex. samus has crawl, link has multi jab) there are no cosmetics, just the basic default ones that are unedited. I also have a favor to ask, i'll PM it to you.
HYESSS. I'll do some testing later and will report back.

Sirkura

Smash Cadet
That patch won't work till the GCT is taken care of, The files are set up correctly tho. Clones crash immediately on starting a match.

Jon Nathan

Smash Apprentice
That patch won't work till the GCT is taken care of, The files are set up correctly tho. Clones crash immediately on starting a match.
Yea, I didn't expect it to work yet but I have an idea.
I remember that some older PM builds used circle stock icons. Have you guys tried using that instead of normal icons to avoid conflicting with individual all star stock icons? Or were those just replaced normal icons?
Idk if this is correct, but I think that if that is a code and you add it at the bottom, it should override the previous code, hopefully fixing clones from crashing.

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
Yea, I didn't expect it to work yet but I have an idea.
I remember that some older PM builds used circle stock icons. Have you guys tried using that instead of normal icons to avoid conflicting with individual all star stock icons? Or were those just replaced normal icons?
Idk if this is correct, but I think that if that is a code and you add it at the bottom, it should override the previous code, hopefully fixing clones from crashing.
...yeah, that probably wouldn't work. The circle icons were in brawl iirc without any modifications.
Beat you to it zig <3

Good stuff. I have an idea of what's causing this issue, so I'll take a look with the gecko this weekend.

Sirkura

Smash Cadet
...yeah, that probably wouldn't work. The circle icons were in brawl iirc without any modifications.

Good stuff. I have an idea of what's causing this issue, so I'll take a look with the gecko this weekend.
np take thanks for the help ^^ i imagine the rest of the issues we will have will be PSA related, nothing else really changed between 3.5-3.6 except aethetics. and only code thats interferring is what ever they did to stocks for allstar mode. aside that i was able to compile the codes rather quickly.

Sirkura

Smash Cadet
ohh goodness. i think i'll recede back into the shadows for a while. browsing around made me remember just how rude some of the community is here. if it wasn't for the few nicer people here, (you guys above <3) i may have stopped bothering with this project a long time ago. @PyotrLuzhin have you been able to find anything new? i recently saw an interesting video that makes me think it might not be the stocks after all. i'll PM it to you.

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
ohh goodness. i think i'll recede back into the shadows for a while. browsing around made me remember just how rude some of the community is here. if it wasn't for the few nicer people here, (you guys above <3) i may have stopped bothering with this project a long time ago. @PyotrLuzhin have you been able to find anything new? i recently saw an interesting video that makes me think it might not be the stocks after all. i'll PM it to you.
Hmm... Interesting. From what I've seen so far, I was thinking the same thing. I'll make a post about it tonight or tomorrow night.

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
Sad to hear that. :/ Sounds like you guys are making really cool strides though. I'm watching this thread like a hawk. Thanks for all your work.

Sirkura

Smash Cadet
Hmm... Interesting. From what I've seen so far, I was thinking the same thing. I'll make a post about it tonight or tomorrow night.
sounds good! i'll keep my eyes open for it. he also gave me the codelist he used, i'm looking thru it currently seeing if there is anything i missed when i went thru it.

And thanks jackal27 jackal27 support is always welcomed. its something that really drives us forward knowing its appreciated.

Last edited:

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
sounds good! i'll keep my eyes open for it. he also gave me the codelist he used, i'm looking thru it currently seeing if there is anything i missed when i went thru it.

And thanks jackal27 jackal27 support is always welcomed. its something that really drives us forward knowing its appreciated.
Could you send me the codelist as well? That would be great.

Sirkura

Smash Cadet
sure i just tested it and so far it seems stable. i'll update the patch tonight and get it to you. about to cook dinner now.

Sirkura

Smash Cadet
Mine may be more stable anyway. i'm not sure if i got all the stage loader stuff out of it. its a bit effed up on that menu xD anyway i'm uploading it as soon as i finish the credits. need to make sure everyone gets their dues. i'll go ahead and send the file now to you.

Top Bottom