• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"This is not melee 2.0"

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
That is like your guys' new favorite phrase. Like you guys contributed anything to this community? Hmm? Stop conforming and grow up.

WuTangDude

Smash Ace
Wow, I can't believe I'm gonna post in reply to the almighty Wikipedia. Mmmmmm.....

Now anyway, you realize that the people who are gonna agree with you are the same "conformists" who are saying this game isn't Melee 2.0, right?

(What am I saying, you're Wikipedia, you know everything. *facepalm*)

I'ma just sit back and watch the metagame work itself out, and go from there. :)

Xanderous

Smash Lord
I made this exact topic (calling out the users of that phrase) months ago and it was deleted.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
Now anyway, you realize that the people who are gonna agree with you are the same "conformists" who are saying this game isn't Melee 2.0, right?
Then you misunderstand the intent of this thread.

I am rebuking those who say the phrase. I am tired hearing, "This is not melee 2.0" in every thread where someone posts an advance technique or try to play it in ways to increase the speed of the game. Like that phrase even makes any sense.

blerb

Smash Journeyman
I see where you're going with this. It is very frustrating when people assume you're a 'tourney***' just because you posted about advanced techniques. it gets very annoying.

lengeta

Smash Ace
Wikipedia, this isn't Melee 2.0... :( Is spamming how one sets an example of growing up?
I'm just curious what you've contributed to the forum, I mean aside from trying to spread hate on Xzyven, clarifying Mormonism, and apparently getting banned in the past.

WuTangDude

Smash Ace

I am rebuking those who say the phrase. I am tired hearing, "This is not melee 2.0" in every thread where someone posts an advance technique or try to play it in ways to increase the speed of the game. Like that phrase even makes any sense.
Ah, okay. And you're right, the people who say this are apparently the people who have never even been to a Smash tourney. I'm just saying the people were saying it now, are gonna act as if they never said that after reading this topic, and act the total opposite of how they were before.

Wikipedia, this isn't Melee 2.0... :( Is spamming how one sets an example of growing up?
I'm just curious what you've contributed to the forum, I mean aside from trying to spread hate on Xzyven, clarifying Mormonism, and apparently getting banned in the past.
He's Wikipedia. He's helped high school students everywhere right reports even when they were told not to use him as a source. He's done more than you and I can hope to achieve.

lookatthatbaconsizzle

Smash Journeyman

So, you're saying that its getting old like the Landmaster joke?

-=Untamed-Beast=-

Smash Journeyman
Thing is so many of us were trying to let the uninformed know that THIS IS NOT MELEE 2.0, and then some people took that phrase and made it all wrong. For example, people say competitive Brawl is bunch of people trying to create Melee 2.0, and the they use the phrase saying 'Didn't you tell us this wasn't 2.0?'
It's a bunch of misinterpretation and smart-allics trying to use an attack against in their defense when we all know it makes no sense.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
He's Wikipedia. He's helped high school students everywhere right reports even when they were told not to use him as a source.
It's funny because it's so true.

And yes, everyone saying "This is not Melee 2.0" really pisses me off as well. It just doesn't make sence...

Kio Iranez

Smash Ace
Just like any kind of weapon, the phrase can be used in the wrong way, almost every time.

People are only mad 'cause they want to be excited for a new game. As noobish as you and I might think it is, not everyone enjoys Melee at the fullest.

Trying to increase the speed is good. Though, many techniques were taken out as a result of introducing a slightly new physics engine. Trying to change how that engine works (high gravity, altered damage ratio, etc.) will ultimately make the game less manipulative and harder to work with for most.

I say, the more players there are, the better.

orintemple

Smash Lord
So does Wikipedia think that we SHOULD treat Brawl like Melee or we should take it as its own game... I am so confused by this thread.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
So does Wikipedia think that we SHOULD treat Brawl like Melee or we should take it as its own game... I am so confused by this thread.
Neither. Those saying, "This is not melee 2.0" (or any other ungrammatical, misspelled version) are, for the most part, completely ignorant of the meaning of the sentence. It needs to stop.

Cygnus V Arcana

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone find it ironic that Wikipedia is telling us to stop saying something, when you could very well go to the actual wikipedia site and EDIT AND SAY WHATEVER!?

I el oh el'd

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
Har har. I'm Wikipedia, I have never had a joke made about me or my capability to be edited by other people.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Interestingly enough, the fact that is that maybe we SHOULD consider Brawl as Melee 2.0, if only for a while. There are plenty of people looking for NEW AT's but we(by which I mean, you who have the game) should also be looking into older AT's. Can you still swallowcide cancel as Kirby? What about DDD? Can you Isai drop? Can you still thunder spike with pika? What about older strategies? Does Falcon still have his tech chase game? Does Sonic? Do Jiggs' rest combo's still work? Does she have new rest combos? Just because this is a new game, we cant forget that it is still technically Smash Bros. so it shouldn't be considered wrong to think about Brawl as a type of advancement from Melee.

Inb4 Not Melee 2.0

Kr3w

Smash Journeyman
Oh lol, I thought this was gunna be ANOTHER thread arguing that brawl isn't melee 2. but its not, gj

Cygnus V Arcana

Smash Apprentice
has anyone ever considered that brawl may actually be SSB64 3.0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????

OH SNAP!

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
This thread was pointless to begin with.
Another common redundancy. When will you guys stop conforming and grow up. Can't you think of something new to say?

Obviously there is a point to this thread, it has just as much of a point as any other thread on this website, that is, to invoke conversation.

Cubemario

Smash Journeyman
A common redundancy that's true and applies to this topic of conversation. I guess there is a point to this thread, to whine about the way other people choose to say that brawl isn't a new version of melee, which in my opinion is pointless. This topic is now about pancakes. It's been a while since i've had those.

Starzonedge

Smash Ace
I only say the game isn't Melee when people mention that certain advanced techniques from Melee aren't present in Brawl. I'm all for new advanced techniques in Brawl.

Top Bottom