• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(This is NEO) I'm going to be playing Ike competitively...

metroid1117

Smash Master
You can hit Snake out of his up B by aiming for his hands. Fair and Bair work best.
Actually, this thread proves that any attack that does more than 7% will knock Snake out of his up+B, and you can hit anywhere on his body; I've killed Snakes by hitting their knees with UAir before.

D

Deleted member

yah but you should know how far it goes charged and uncharged because if you can space it right it is a good way to approach your opponent. you might not want to do this if he is on the ground and is a fast character. but if you just hit him and he is traveling in the air you can use it.
really? running straight into your opponents face? You can do that with a dash and still have....options, any at all. Especially in Brawl where the shield is overly-amazing.

Azzizaz

Smash Apprentice
Quick Draw can be used for mindgames, and faster movement instead of as an attack. Obviously it sucks when you try to use it offensively, but it does have uses.

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
Heh, NEO himself is gonna main Ike? I just heard about this yesterday and I must say that it's really cool. Good luck with maining him; I'm looking forward to the **** you'll pull off.

mikeb2010

Smash Apprentice
Good stuff. I loved Roy. Wish they had all three Emblem boys, plus Mia (lol). Anyway. One of the best tricks you can do with Ike in my opinion is his A,A, jab cancel reverse A polertrick. This puts opponents in a weird predicament because in most cases, they have absolutely no idea as to what you will do next from your back being turned. This is a move that you can do for maximum pwnage. You can go back to the A,A,A combo. You can hit em with a Bair. You can hit em with a Dsmash (second hit). This is a very good tactic. Also. If you catch a person with A,A, and you see that the last A wont hit, the reverse A hit connects... which means you can start all over again.

Another thing...forget what other people say about how "bad" Ike is. Ike is greatness!!! I mean he cant be that bad if almost all characters in the SSBB cast is guaranteed to be in the "dangerzone" around 85% damage facing Ike... lol

Renegade65

Smash Rookie
NNID
W33dGamerzNation
3DS FC
0920-2262-3779
Quick Draw is all good, just know the spacing and dont spam it.

Wertilq

Smash Rookie
QD isn't meant to use as an attack, but it's good for movement :p
Really nice against projectilers. While they charge their attack or do the attack you shorthop QD and land, and start the Jabs immediately.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Quickdraw is horrible. Seriously, stop it. There are so many ways to interrupt even an uncharged one it's not even fun.

>.> This board makes me all sad inside.

yellowroy

Smash Ace
Anyway. One of the best tricks you can do with Ike in my opinion is his A,A, jab cancel reverse A polertrick. This puts opponents in a weird predicament because in most cases, they have absolutely no idea as to what you will do next from your back being turned. This is a move that you can do for maximum pwnage.
whats a reverse A Poletrick?

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Quickdraw is horrible. Seriously, stop it. There are so many ways to interrupt even an uncharged one it's not even fun.

>.> This board makes me all sad inside.
The last time I said this, I got accused of not knowing wtf I was talking about and that I should be disregarded completely. At that point I lost hope for this place.

forky

Smash Apprentice
Sadly Ike is 99% move appropriation in matchups, since he is a punisher. Just play reactively, that's the bottom line. Your move choice will improve as time moves on, but I'd spend most of the tie trying to learn to quickly anazlyze (within a stock) someone's gameplay.

Mindgames, reads, prediction, that's what makes Ike good, you can generally just pull out some random move in most situations and still kill them, the issue is landing it.

VersatileBJN

Smash Ace
random up smash in the heat of battle for the win

no dont do that i made a typo thats not pro

*random DASHING up smash in the heat of battle for the win

SinisterHanded

Smash Cadet
Ike, like Link, must be played defensively, and he has lots of options going for him like Super Armor attacks and Counter, and then punish them when they make a mistake,
I'm sure you'll make a good Ike in no time, looking forward to see your videos...
I have always been a fan of T3H PHYR3, so after Roy, Ike was a natural choice for me.

ptown

Smash Ace
let me add some AMAZING new gems here:

all ike's aerials are good. all his smashes are good. jab, ftilt, utilt, and dash attack are good. f+B, u+B are good.

dtilt, neutral B, and d+B are okay.

you guys didn't know that at all.

ptown

Smash Ace
okay, i admit the cool thing about eruption besides the obvious answers (super armor and decent killing power) is the ability to release it at any time after the start up.

that can be useful.

ptown

Smash Ace
here's another gem: ike's fair is really good. it's so strong that it kills some characters: they might as well put the controller down.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
here's another gem: ike's fair is really good. it's so strong that it kills some characters: they might as well put the controller down.
GENIUS! ABSOLUTE GENIUS!

Why don't you post more often? The Ike boards could use a guy like you.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Look what you ****tards did to NEO's thread. Be ****ing ashamed.
Calm down, every thread gets to a point were everyone stops caring for a little while,
I remember that one time in scar's brawl competitivenes thread there was a moment when everyone began talking about captain planet, instead of debating.There is nothing wrong in having a little fun, or straying a bit from the thread's point, as it is not going to lay a whole thread to waste, the problem arises when the point of the thread is completely lost.

Top Bottom