• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"This Game Sucks", a brawl and melee tourney. April 26th. Stevens Point, WI

Banned via Administration
Btw pirate ship wasnt banned, sheet was wrong. Also your counter counter arguement of saying no and stop being angry is a pretty bad one XFD
that wasn't my counter arguement dude. i was just telling you that i think you should chill out a bit. maybe i should have put it in parenthesis, idk.

my counter arguement was that my complaints were not character specific.

and pirate ship is a banned stage, it wasn't wrong. you can go check other tournament rules if you'd like.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
that wasn't my counter arguement dude. i was just telling you that i think you should chill out a bit. maybe i should have put it in parenthesis, idk.

my counter arguement was that my complaints were not character specific.

and pirate ship is a banned stage, it wasn't wrong. you can go check other tournament rules if you'd like.
Maybe it's cause you just suck with DDD? Have you ever thought of that?

BIG C

Smash Master
everyone should just play snake sheild and tilt mangz it's 222 good.

also metaknight's b move get's broken by many things well stopped at least. snake's up tilt, metaknight's fair, and mart's fsmash just for a few.

well first off ill just go ahead and ignore the obvious hate. second off, to respond, i doubt that's true since im the highest placing ddd in the mw. but hey, i should prob be ignoring this obvious flame since one of the biggest scrub things to do in the smash community is accuse someone of sucking and not challenge them to a mm. (however i wont do certain matchups)

DrewB008

Smash Lord
m2k is really good with ddd, definitely one of the best players at brawl, and he was complaining all day about brawl at the tourney i was at over the weekend, saying that too many things in brawl, like many of the things rick mentioned, are unpunishable even if you predict it. so no, i would say its not that he just sucks with ddd, whether he does or not.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
IT's obvious brawl is not even close to melee'slevel, but like chexr said, if DDD sucks so much, pick up someone else. If TL is giving you a problem, go TL as well. You can john all you want about how itsucks, but no one is forcing you to play DDD.

IT's obvious brawl is not even close to melee'slevel, but like chexr said, if DDD sucks so much, pick up someone else. If TL is giving you a problem, go TL as well. You can john all you want about how itsucks, but no one is forcing you to play DDD.
so wait, i dont suck? wow that was a fast change of heart! you know it's funny, i posted this in the other thread too, but smashboards is never about facts lol. and what you JUST DID is proof.

"lol u must suk w/ ddd noob ***t"
"actually im highest placing ddd in mw"
"then dont go ddd if u r losing w/ him noob ***t"

my complaints, for the LAST time, are not ddd specific. read them again. one of the complaints was "character matchups are much more hardcore" not "ddd gets ***** too easy by certain chars". please learn the difference, thank you.

Actually Zicore said he just forgot to put Pirate Ship on the counterpick list.
i never said it was banned because zicore had it banned. the reason i told you it was a banned stage was because it is a banned stage. you should know by now that wi doesn't know how stage lists work, but you're probably part of that problem rather than the solution so i should expect this kind of response.

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
my problem is that the top 3 in singles all had the exact same strat. lol.

its gonna be whoever can pull of that strat w/ the least mistakes is the best.

who wants to play some melee? :):):)

my problem is that the top 3 in singles all had the exact same strat. lol.

its gonna be whoever can pull of that strat w/ the least mistakes is the best.

who wants to play some melee? :):):)
well that's not true because tink did NOT have the same strat. but i attribute that mostly to his character rather than the mechanics of the game. wario is the exception not the rule.

Chexr

Smash Ace
i never said it was banned because zicore had it banned. the reason i told you it was a banned stage was because it is a banned stage. you should know by now that wi doesn't know how stage lists work, but you're probably part of that problem rather than the solution so i should expect this kind of response.
Because its a banned stage its a banned stage. Thats pretty good logic right there.

my complaints, for the LAST time, are not ddd specific. read them again. one of the complaints was "character matchups are much more hardcore" not "ddd gets ***** too easy by certain chars". please learn the difference, thank you.
So pick up an alt, scrub.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
You act like anyone whos really bad with TL will beat a good DDD player, which isn't true. I suck with TL, and I can't beat good DDD's. 2nd of all, you must have sucked if you lost. 3rd of all, M2k whines about everything. 4th of all, I suck too, so im nottrying to say im better, you're like prob 10 times better than I am. Sure this game has match up flaws. Try going a low tier chacter in melee and playing sheik. That's a flaw, where you can just get chain grabbed to death and you're dead. DDD can actually chain grab back.

Because its a banned stage its a banned stage. Thats pretty good logic right there.
im beginning to think you dont or just simply cant read in between the lines. i was implying that it wasn't MY logic at all. that's just the accepted ban list. if you have a problem with it then go argue it with all the tournament hosts

So pick up an alt, scrub.
if the game is so broken that you are FORCED to pick an alt because certain matchups are so bad as to where no amount of skill level will win you the match, then im sorry but it's not a tournament game. also, gj at the scrub comment.

You act like anyone whos really bad with TL will beat a good DDD player, which isn't true. I suck with TL, and I can't beat good DDD's.
im not saying that. im saying if you are anywhere near decent (and i use that liberally) you will beat a good ddd. all you have to do is sit on that ledge. also, id like to know who "good ddd's" are, because you made that plural. i know 4 MAX good ddd's in the mw.
2nd of all, you must have sucked if you lost.
GREAT analysis. its deep thinking like this that make wi so great at smash.
3rd of all, M2k whines about everything.
hmmmm why would the most knowledgeable smasher in the world complain about something? its sure not that he "doesnt know the counter", so take that hint and run with it.
4th of all, I suck too, so im nottrying to say im better, you're like prob 10 times better than I am.
if you are admittedly 10x worse than i am then why would you think your analysis of the game has more merit than mine?
Sure this game has match up flaws. Try going a low tier chacter in melee and playing sheik. That's a flaw, where you can just get chain grabbed to death and you're dead. DDD can actually chain grab back.
1st off, ill address the ddd comment. ddd's chaingrab is absolutely TERRIBLE compared to shieks. the fact that you lumped those two together is just a sign of ignorance so i probably shoudl stop responding to your posts after this one.

2nd off, in melee there were techniques available such that if you successfully read an opponent every time, even of much higher tier, you could punish them every time and therefore win. in brawl this is not possible. there are certain strategies that are incredibly easy to read yet are incredibly hard to punish and some are flat out impossible to punish. thats the signature of a bad competitive game.

but ya, im done taking you seriously so gg.

LG7

Smash Apprentice
Well... I had a good time at the tourney, and thought the matches were great, and learned a lot...
GG's to everyone I played! I need to try to get better though so I can put up a better fight vs. some of you all next time we meet.

But to the whole TL thing, yeah... his projectile spamming on the ledge is annoying, but you can get by it...
It's just not easy.

Throw a Waddle Dee! :D
Make the lil *******s eat an arrow or two. :p

Well... I had a good time at the tourney, and thought the matches were great, and learned a lot...
GG's to everyone I played! I need to try to get better though so I can put up a better fight vs. some of you all next time we meet.

But to the whole TL thing, yeah... his projectile spamming on the ledge is annoying, but you can get by it...
It's just not easy.

Throw a Waddle Dee! :D
Make the lil *******s eat an arrow or two. :p
please oh great lg7, enlighten me as to how i can beat it. oh you said throw a waddle dee? well lets see i tried that, he absorbs 1 out of 3 projectiles. so that doesnt work. give me some of that wisdom lg7 so that i can magically discover the counter!

LG7

Smash Apprentice
please oh great lg7, enlighten me as to how i can beat it. oh you said throw a waddle dee? well lets see i tried that, he absorbs 1 out of 3 projectiles. so that doesnt work. give me some of that wisdom lg7 so that i can magically discover the counter!
I was only kidding... just trying to lighten it up a bit...
Eeesh, take a joke.

LG7

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, there are. Figure em out.
And I'm not making excuses, I was joking, cause obviously throwing a Waddle Dee at a bunch of arrows isn't going to completely work. Lighten up a bit, holy ****.

Yeah, there are. Figure em out.
And I'm not making excuses, I was joking, cause obviously throwing a Waddle Dee at a bunch of arrows isn't going to completely work. Lighten up a bit, holy ****.
i am STILL ****ign waiting for your solution. im waiting for you to "figure em out" for me since you know more about both my character and smash than me.

Zicore

Smash Champion
BLACK HAYATE! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! POST THE RESULTS!

And I agree with Zjiin, lets stop this crap. The whole point of the tourney was to have fun, which I hope everyone did. I know I had loads of fun the night after playing melee, and I had fun playing all my matches in brawl. I suck at both games, so I am not gonna try and argue. But I do know one thing, and its that lone should not be posting in this thread at all. He did not attend, he has never played anyone in real life cause he is johning about going to tournies that aren't in his back yard, and he plays puff online to do rollout. So lone...shut the hell up.

But 5150...I hope you had fun. I know how you stand on it, and I really wish we could have had time to do melee. But I know you had fun the night after playing melee with everyone. I also hope you would come again when we do have another tourney.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I hate myself and everyone else for not recording any matches at this tournament. I seriously think this tournament had the most non-gay gameplay so far. Matches between the top 3 were ****ing EPIC. As was my Wario ditto with Tink. lmao

Tink. Get some videos of your Wario recorded. We need to learn from you. I might just drop G&W and Olimar.

I'll do late shoutouts soon.

Well, as I said originally I had fun, and am glad I went.
Will hopefully be able to make the next one. :D
still waiting lg7. either you are going to tell me how to counter it or you are going to admit that you dont know what you're talking about. nobody got you into this mess but yourself.

But 5150...I hope you had fun. I know how you stand on it, and I really wish we could have had time to do melee. But I know you had fun the night after playing melee with everyone. I also hope you would come again when we do have another tourney.
i had fun after, when it was casual, that's for sure. ill come to tournies if they are close / dont cost alot for brawl / i have nothing better to do.

also, after playing melee that night ive discovered some near-unbeatable builds

hot rod falcon
blackjack luigi
beast dk

only time i lose is when i dont do the builds properly.

LG7

Smash Apprentice
still waiting lg7. either you are going to tell me how to counter it or you are going to admit that you dont know what you're talking about. nobody got you into this mess but yourself.
Fine I'll admit it!

I'm so full of ****, it's astounding!
I'm being super serious too!
Really. No Joke.

Chexr

Smash Ace
How to beat toon link camping ledge.

1. Run to ledge.
2. Block projectile/nair/other attack.
3. Grab ledge.

omg so difficult O_O

How to beat toon link camping ledge.

1. Run to ledge.
3. Grab ledge.

omg so difficult O_O

1. you cannot block a bomb, it bounces off your shield, which essentially means you didnt do ****
2. if you do catch the bomb you will be hit with an arrow
3. if you block an arrow with an attack you will be hit with a bomb
4. if i somehow manage to grab the ledge it is entirely possible that he goes under the ****ing level and grabs the OTHER ledge.

keep trying dumb****!

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
1. Run to ledge.
- does no damage to TL
-does no damage to TL
3. Grab ledge.
- does no damage to TL, and gives TL control of the center once he gets back on (and he will)

how does this punish ledge camping? :(

LG7

Smash Apprentice
1. you cannot block a bomb, it bounces off your shield, which essentially means you didnt do ****
2. if you do catch the bomb you will be hit with an arrow
3. if you block an arrow with an attack you will be hit with a bomb
4. if i somehow manage to grab the ledge it is entirely possible that he goes under the ****ing level and grabs the OTHER ledge.

keep trying dumb****!
You've Enlightened us all.
TL is invincible!
THERE IS NO STOPPING HIM! YOU CANNOT WIN! DON'T BOTHER TRYING!
HE WILL DESTROY US ALL!
Everyone must flee! for it is our only chance of survival!

I'm stopping now...
This is just getting stupid.

Zjiin

Smash Master
Fact #1 TL ***** DDD

Fact #2 5150 had to play a lot of TLs

Fact #3 5150 will continue to come to tournaments so he can play me in friendlies.

Top Bottom