• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This community is incredible

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
And it took me 5 years to realize it... After 5 long years of being a member of this site and longtime Smash fan I finally decided to get my feet wet and go see what the Melee community was really about. I reached out to my local Melee group on FB on Thursday and I was immediately swarmed with invitations to go to a Smashfest the very next day.

Needless to say I went, and it was amazing. The amount of people at the venue was nuts (had to have been at least 30 people playing Smash), everyone was extremely friendly and receptive despite the fact that I was terrible, I met some really cool people in the process (including the #1 player in the state), learned a lot about the game, and overall had more fun than I've had in a long ass time.

It's crazy to think that this community still has so many players that are so passionate about this game despite the fact that it's 12 years old, and it makes me sad to realize that I should have gotten in on the fun years ago. But regardless the community is still going strong, and thanks to EVO as well as the amazing Smash documentary now is a better time than ever to get into the scene.

Major props to everyone who's played a part in making this community what it is today. All of you should be proud.

Superspright

Smash Lord
Yeah we do love this game and our community. I may be a **** sometimes but I love you little ********. <3

Smash_N00b

Smash Rookie
Yes, it is. I think this is by far the most awesome Smash Community online.

JKJ

Smash Ace
It is the greatest community, no doubt. Everyone is so helpful, kind, and supportive, and nobody's rude or demeaning. Everyone wants you to have fun, everyones having a blast, and its just a joyful experience in general.

SAUS

Smash Ace
The passion is intense. The game is awesome. It's happened many times - to me, and now to people I've done it to. You see someone so good at the game and it inspires you to become good at the game. I just recently inspired 3 guys to get good at the game because they saw how good I was (compared to them). There's a weekly smashfest I want to try to start attending and apparently there were 20 players there last friday. Kind of amazing - that's larger than the ones I used to attend 5 years ago.

Top Bottom