• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Third Wave of Amiibos have been Announced!

Which third wave of Amiibos will you purchase?

• Lucario

Votes: 79 20.1%
  • Rosalina and Luma

Votes: 77 19.5%
  • Bowser

Votes: 81 20.6%
  • Toon Link

Votes: 80 20.3%
  • Shiek

Votes: 93 23.6%
  • Ike

Votes: 89 22.6%
  • Meta Knight

Votes: 80 20.3%
  • King Dedede

Votes: 74 18.8%
  • Shulk

Votes: 119 30.2%
  • Sonic

Votes: 82 20.8%
  • Mega Man

Votes: 141 35.8%

• Total voters

Farorae

Smash Ace
It frustrates me so much when people type Sheik as Shiek, it wouldn't frustrate me so much but I see it spelled incorrectly more than I do correctly. But yeah Sheik is my choice.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Shulk. Been waiting for that one ever since the Robin reveal. :p

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
It frustrates me so much when people type Sheik as Shiek, it wouldn't frustrate me so much but I see it spelled incorrectly more than I do correctly. But yeah Sheik is my choice.
Actually in other regions Sheik is spelled Shiek.

Dragonhunter970

Smash Apprentice
NNID
dragonhunter970
3DS FC
3368-2516-8545
Kinda of ironic the Shulk amiibo is a Gamestop exclusive...

Guess that only leaves a couple default roster characters, definitely surprised the Sonic/Mega Man amiibos are coming out as soon as they are.
Thinking of that do you think they will be amounts of secret characters?

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Definitely getting the Sonic one. I like Mega Man, King D3, Meta Knight, a few of those other ones; but I don't play them very much and I probably wouldn't help train their AI very much. I might end up getting them anyway though, Rosalina and Bowser too.

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
So like

I totally called Sonic and Mega Man Amiibo

But I won't rub it in that I was right or anything...

...Much. But anyway I'm definitely getting Sonic, Toon Link (he can work with Hyrule Warriors and MK8), and Ike. Only other one I plan on getting is Ness whenever he's announced.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Uhm excuse me? I work at GameStop so you're just filtering words into a mouth that would never say this. I haven't been fired and I don't despise working there (Except Call of Duty day). You CAN indeed find older games it just depends on HOW old you're lookin' at. Don't except to find a rarer game from 5-6 years ago there, gotta keep the shelves clean and relevant. And no eShop is worse. They keep the prices at the same price range barely EVER changing (Minus Atlus).
If you read the post I stated above in the page 2, it might clarify a bit. It really depends on where you live. When it comes to working there, most family members I know that have worked there tend to dislike it very much. In New York, the employees at my local GameStop last there at 2-4 weeks before being fired or moving on (I generally think they may move on). As for finding old games, it really depends on where you live and what kind of GameStop it is. I have found old games there before, but since the one that's near me is a new store, it doesn't really have any now. I generally find older games at other stores. As for the eShop, I find it very good at the moment because I don't have to pay $5-$6 tax for a game in New York and I get money back with the Digital Deluxe Promotion. Once the promotion ends, that's when I might start buying from a retailer again.

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Very disappointed that Rosalina, Lucario, and Toon Link got theirs before Palutena. They aren't as nearly important to their series as Palutena is to KI. Sure I get it, it's Mario, Pokemon, and Zelda. I just wish they could have put out a Palutena one first. Guess she won't get hers until April.

KatKit

Smash Lord
These look cool, but I'm still waiting for Palutena.

Also, I'm hoping female Robin gets released alongside her male counterpart.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Very disappointed that Rosalina, Lucario, and Toon Link got theirs before Palutena. They aren't as nearly important to their series as Palutena is to KI. Sure I get it, it's Mario, Pokemon, and Zelda. I just wish they could have put out a Palutena one first. Guess she won't get hers until April.
I think you might be selling Toon Link short here.

If you'd said Shiek? Sure. One game, and now in the Hyrule Warriors Spinoff. Whoop de doo.

However Toon Link's merits;

6/17 Zelda games star Toon Link.
At first this number might not seem impressive, but bare in mind he's also representing the child Link in Smash Bros. as he's Young Link's spiritual successor, which is actually 14/17 Zelda's main protagonists.

Also to consider in the past twelve years, 6/9 Zelda games starred Toon Link, not including remakes(in which case we'd have to add Wind Waker HD and Ocarina of Time 3D in there). That's a pretty hefty number of modern Zeldas.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
*Smash Bros. is really Nintendo's Toy Story headcanon intensifies*

Nova The radiant hero

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2105-9110-9470
Well the ike one for me obviously >.< and if i actually had money left (thanks nintendo -.-) i would get the king dedede one or rosalina :3

Subpilot

Smash Rookie
NNID
Subpilot41
3DS FC
5301-0146-7958
I just hope these ones will be higher quality than the first round ones. Some of 'em look really solidly built which is hopefully a sign of good things to come from the next wave of Amiibo

Modular Zeal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tsquared
3DS FC
2750-1105-6750
Has anyone found any sort of Black Friday or Holiday sale involving Amiibo?

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
While I enjoy Lucario and Shulk, I'll still be holding out for some of my other mains (Robin!) at that time. I'm planning on snagging Marth (at launch), Pit (Brawl Main), and Zelda (I love Hyrule Warriors) beforehand.

Still, this batch is kinda exciting since it contains four of my friends' mains (Shulk, Ike, Lucario, Toon Link), so I'm looking forward to it.

Gamer600

Smash Rookie
NNID
Coolgirl600
I want wii fit trainer shulk villager toon link link mega man metaknight ike sheik pikachu captain falcon kirby little Mac luigi and zelda. I only have so much money though so it's kinda hard to pick which ones I want.

B!squick

Smash Master
.... That's the Bowser one? Mario gets a badass flame summoning pose and Bowser gets a generic pose he had way back when Brawl came out? I mean, you can see it right there off to the right on this website even.

Laaaaaaaaammmmmmmmeeeeeeeeee.

Last edited:

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
That Rosalina and Ike ones are a must for me, along with a Robin one (Please) and the Zelda one.

Top Bottom