• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Third Wave of Amiibos have been Announced!

Which third wave of Amiibos will you purchase?

• Lucario

Votes: 79 20.1%
  • Rosalina and Luma

Votes: 77 19.5%
  • Bowser

Votes: 81 20.6%
  • Toon Link

Votes: 80 20.3%
  • Shiek

Votes: 93 23.6%
  • Ike

Votes: 89 22.6%
  • Meta Knight

Votes: 80 20.3%
  • King Dedede

Votes: 74 18.8%
  • Shulk

Votes: 119 30.2%
  • Sonic

Votes: 82 20.8%
  • Mega Man

Votes: 141 35.8%

• Total voters

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't know where you live, but the guys at my local GameStop have been working their for years, and every old game I got their has been cheap (every used game is cheaper than the new ones).

Old games are usually MUCH more pricey on a site like eBay.
Then consider your local GameStop "La Resistance".

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
I don't know where you live, but the guys at my local GameStop have been working their for years, and every old game I got their has been cheap (every used game is cheaper than the new ones).

Old games are usually MUCH more pricey on a site like eBay.
The main thing with GameStop is that it varies from place to place. I live in New York and the nearby GameStop is pretty bad since it's in a giant mall and it has to compete with Target and Costco, so employees there are worked to the bone. I lived in Florida once and the GameStop there was much better compared to the one in New York (however that was a couple of years ago).

Oh by the way, I meant to say local retailers for when it comes to buying old games. There's one that had Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2 both $20 each and completely new with everything inside, which was a crazy good deal since Target, GameStop, and Best Buy had Kingdom Hearts 2 for like $40 to $50 and they had it used.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
I just want C.Falcon, L.Mac and P.Man, but M.Knight is looking good right now.

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Ah finally. Meta Knight and Lucario are in. Those were the characters I was hoping to fight against the most. Meta Knight is my #1 favorite Nintendo character afterall. Lucario, while as a pokemon I only think he's cool, as a smash character I love him a love, I look forward to sparring with him. I'd get Meta Knight before Lucario though.

Probably wont get others, but I'd probably get some others in an order similar to this:
#3 - R.O.B. - Nostalgia for R.O.B. and the NES as a whole. NES took up a few years of my childhood and it'd be nice to connect it with Smash and how Nintendo has grown since then. It'll be nice to have him up on the shelf, and to be able to play with him every now and then.
#4 - Little Mac - Nostalgia for the NES Punchout (havent played the new one yet), and he might be fun to spar with (haven't played ssb4 yet)
#5 - Link - Fun to fight with/against, and is a swordsman that uses whatever at his disposal.
#6/7(maybe 8 with DLC) - Star Fox Characters
#9 - Charizard - Because dragons
#10 - The suit is awesome and she kicks butt... but gosh darn, why is she in an angelic pose (why doesn't Pit do this pose? Afterall it was one his taunts in brawl). Samus doesn't strike me as an angel, but wwhatevver.

Last edited:

Kingkool

Smash Apprentice
honestly surprised they went and got merchandising rights to the third party characters to make Amiibos. Not bad Nintendo, looks like ill need 4 or 5 now

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
I NEED THEM ALL!

Seriously Nintendo, I might as well just make any cheques I get from now on payable [DIRECTLY] to you.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Get this: Shulk is an exclusive to Gamestop, GAMESTOP. Unbelievable.
Whatever, it's not like I was gonna get him anyways.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/11/shulk_amiibo_listed_as_gamestop_exclusive_in_the_us

"GameStop has a track record with Shulk — sort of — when it drew ire for selling and allegedly re-printing Xenoblade Chronicles at $90, being accused of abusing its exclusivity of that game in the US; the reprinting allegation wasn't proven, but the title was certainly pricey for a time."

Gamestop is the last place I would go to get a game.
Rosalina looks a bit striaght, really curious what her down skirts looks like. Will it be galaxys under her gown just like in the game?

D

Deleted member

Blatant merchandising. Amiibos make me sick.
Ooh, you're so righteous and anti-establishment because you don't want to buy a collectable figure. How noble of you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I already preordered DK. Ike is next. All that's left is Mewtwo...

Those are probably the only 3 I want. I might get a Mario one later on, though. I dunno. Right now My WiiU doesn't even work, so it's not like I can use them. I still have to send it in to Nintendo to get it replaced or fixed, but I heard that can cost $170 or so. I definitely don't have that kind of dosh.

1DeadRabbit

...I mean jackal.
3DS FC
1864-9519-0771
Yeeeees! Lucario's got an amiibo!

Though I'm not sure about the look of it. Kind of looks a bit like a fast food toy.

I wonder if I can do a repaint of it like I see people do with plastic toy dolls.

I wonder if I'm going to care enough.

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
yeah cant wait to get all of them man this skylanders and disney infinity just glad there arn't more...for now anyways got to love this wave with bowser mega man shulk sonic and lucario cant wait to get them

Artryuu

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Artryuu
3DS FC
5086-2093-6692
Finally it's SHUUUUULKKK time! I'm really feeling it ! :D

Last edited:

Acryte

Smash Ace
Ooh, you're so righteous and anti-establishemnt because you don't want to buy a collectable figure. How noble of you.
I'm actually surprised that it took people this long to realize that instead of just selling games or toys, they can sell toys that factor into the game. I certainly prefer it to dlc, but it still seems to be a ridiculous gimmick for side profit.

NintendoPSX

Smash Journeyman
It does matter where a person gets a game because there are other places that provide better prices and deals than GameStop, just like sonicbrawler182 said. The eShop is one of the ideal places to get Nintendo games depending on where you live. You can't avoid tax at retailers, but you can avoid tax on the eShop.

I know it seems that I'm making a big deal out of this, but GameStop is really terrible. The people employed absolutely despise working there and they get fired and hired quickly, you can't find old games anymore (and even if you do, it's likely overpriced compared to an independent retailer), and they do shady business practices.
Uhm excuse me? I work at GameStop so you're just filtering words into a mouth that would never say this. I haven't been fired and I don't despise working there (Except Call of Duty day). You CAN indeed find older games it just depends on HOW old you're lookin' at. Don't except to find a rarer game from 5-6 years ago there, gotta keep the shelves clean and relevant. And no eShop is worse. They keep the prices at the same price range barely EVER changing (Minus Atlus).

Kati

Smash Lord
Get this: Shulk is an exclusive to Gamestop, GAMESTOP. Unbelievable.
Whatever, it's not like I was gonna get him anyways.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/11/shulk_amiibo_listed_as_gamestop_exclusive_in_the_us

"GameStop has a track record with Shulk — sort of — when it drew ire for selling and allegedly re-printing Xenoblade Chronicles at $90, being accused of abusing its exclusivity of that game in the US; the reprinting allegation wasn't proven, but the title was certainly pricey for a time."

Gamestop is the last place I would go to get a game.
good. shulk is a dweeb.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Thought I read somewhere that Megaman was going to be another exclusive. As long I can get Sonic and Dedede. Being in México means that getting exclusive Amiibos will be extra difficult and extra expensive.

Wavebird

Smash Rookie
I'd rather have an exclusive/limited edition amiibo than none at all.

Plus is not like they're jacking up the price on release date it's the same price for all amiibos just pre-order.

Top Bottom