• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Third part controller is great!

roflJumper

Smash Cadet
Hello. I bought a controller on ebay for 10 dollars just because I wanted a controller for my sister and friends to use when I play with them. I got this controller today and I must say, it feels soooo much better than the regular gamecube controller. I am not sure how much it's been used but compared to the original controller it feels like the original would be the third part controller.

Are there any smashers who prefer third part controllers before the original or are they just simply good at the start and breaks after 5 minutes?

(NVM IT BROKE AFTER LESS THAN FIVE HOURS)

Kadano

Magical Express
Could you give us a picture of it?

Most smashers have only had bad experiences with any GCCs not made by Nintendo, so the general consensus is to exclusively buy Nintendo branded.

Alexo30

Smash Journeyman
I use a MadCatz, I would say that it's pretty solid. Been playing with it for well over a year. Third party controllers aren't always bad...

SAUS

Smash Ace
I know a guy who uses one. No idea what kind it is though. I've just always used the regular one and I think if I played with a third party controller, my tech skill would be gimped.

Frogman751

Smash Cadet
The controller you pictured is the kind of controller that looks exactly like a gcc but no Nintendo logo on it, and I have a friend who purchased one and it broke the day that he bought it, the analog stick is trash

milligraham

Smash Apprentice

Bones0

Smash Legend
Any controller can be great when you are playing at barlw speeds. Give it to any tourney level player for 10 minutes and they'll hand you back a pile of melted plastic and broken springs.

JKJ

Smash Ace
I got one of those, not only did the rubber wear off of the stick, but the triggers stuck, and the analog stick gained a sizeable deadzone rendering it useless after only 24 hours. I scrapped the thing, took some of the screws and parts to salvage what I could, and made the best of it.

D

Deleted member

Original is way better, hands down. I use the Original controller for practice and after I'm done, my hands feel like ****. Doubt a Third Party controller would do any better, unless I played Smash like I did 5 years ago.

dRevan64

Smash Journeyman
Those controllers are garbage, I have like 10. The face buttons are less sensitive, the triggers are garbage and the analog stick breaks within a week guaranteed. Can't even begin to handle Melee.

roflJumper

Smash Cadet
Lol. Sounds like invensting in a original one is my best bet. I have some problem finding new ones to buy. All seem to be secondhand. Is there any place you can buy a brand new one for less than 100$?

roflJumper

Smash Cadet
Update: Killed it in less than five hours. GG good controller.

Where can I get a good controller?

4 Aces

Smash Ace
(NVM IT BROKE AFTER LESS THAN FIVE HOURS)
GG

Better than 1st Party, eh? :troll:

Edit:

The version that the OP got...Idk, right out of the box it felt like trash. Just cheap everything. :/ Then the controller nub wore out so fast it broke off.

I haven't had good experiences with 3rd party controllers. I had a wireless intec gcc that was terrible. It doesn't have a good feel, the buttons and sticks aren't the same, and the connectivity was extremely spotty even for a wireless controller. I avoided using that thing like the plague.
Here's a picture of how it looks http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/d4/63/1dd490b809a099ef02dd4110.L.jpg
Oh gawd this one...I have no idea why the fk the wireless connection on that is so trash. I remember buying that many years ago instead of a 1st Party controller, because it looked "cooler." Wish I can go back in time. >.>

On the front page of smashboards there's a link to the smashboards amazon store. They have official white controllers for about $36

http://astore.amazon.com/smashboards00-20/detail/B0017KIBAI
I've this one from a friend. I didn't like the feel of that control stick. I was missing a lot of technical stuff that I normally shouldn't have. :/

Alexo30

Smash Journeyman
Worth buying one when my crappy one breaks?
Well, I'm not sure why everyone hates on MadCatz, but you will probably be better off buying a Nintendo one.

If I can still Haxdash after a year or more, that says something...

milligraham

Smash Apprentice
4 Aces said:
I've this one from a friend. I didn't like the feel of that control stick. I was missing a lot of technical stuff that I normally shouldn't have. :/
I've never actually tried one of those controllers I mainly just brought it up as a suggestion, I mainly use a grey official controller that came with my gamecube when i originally got it.

4 Aces

Smash Ace
I've never actually tried one of those controllers I mainly just brought it up as a suggestion, I mainly use a grey official controller that came with my gamecube when i originally got it.
Hmm. My friend seems to like it, and he's fairly experienced, so there's that. Guess it could work if someone wanted brand new. I'd be hesitant to recommend it.

Nice nice. I'm currently using my original 1st Party Gamecube Indigo controller. The rubber padding has fallen off of that one and my second indigo controller. :/ Seems I'm pretty hard on my controllers. They still play quite amazingly though. I also have 2 1st party silver controllers, and those are pretty much perfect/brand new. Gonna avoid using those for competitive smash though, cuz I don't want to bust anymore. They're the "reserve." Also have 5 other controllers, but they're all crappy. >.>

RedHairedGent

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1907-9301-7602

Varist

Smash Lord
it's true you wasted your money breh better go get some new wrapping paper and return that garbage or it's gonna be a grinch stole christmas for you

Shikenshu

Smash Cadet
I brought one of these (the one that look like 1st party) a few years ago and the c-stick neutral position was slight tilted, I knew it was a cheap ripoff. Hopefully, it was during the time I was bargaining gamecubes so I gave it instead of giving a 1st party.

Top Bottom