• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things you would never want to see as a Pic of the Day.

D

Deleted member

Pic of the Day. Unfortunately we were unable to bring every veteran back. In order to preserve most of them, here is Wario as an Assist Trophy! His Wario Waft should stink up the battlefield!

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
"Pic of the day. Once again, Waluigi's Assist Trophy joins the collection!! ...Which also means he's not a playable character."

That would certainly be something ri-

oh

Last edited:

shadowjosh

Smash Apprentice
Pic of the Day. Here's one of the WiiU trophies, King K.Rool ! Unfortunately, he's just a trophy. Not everyone gets to be in Smash.

JCDied4U

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sieger
Pic of the Day: Due to the great popularity of the 3DS we have shifted development for SSB to handhelds only. Who cares about the Wii U anyway? Oh, and Iwata also said "Please Understand."

smashmachine

Smash Lord
Pic of the Day: After the positive response from my last update I've decided to do it again! Here is Final Destination.

This is the main stage.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
"Pic of the day. Pit grabs a Smash Ball. Lady Palutena descends with her army to eliminate the competition. All troops. Move Out!"

randy2dope

Smash Journeyman
todays pic....... good god, its been a desert lately jeez what are they all on spring break at Nintendo

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
Pic of the day...here is my ass for you all.

D

Deleted member

I thought of something diabolical.
Pic of the Day. Unfortunately, I have nothing to show at E3 this year. To make up what was lost, here is a pic of Luigi's nose.

(FYI, it's an Assist Trophy)

JCDied4U

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sieger
"Pic of the day. Pit grabs a Smash Ball. Lady Palutena descends with her army to eliminate the competition. All troops. Move Out!"
I would love that pic of the day. Just because of one game, Kid Icarus does not deserve another character yet. Otherwise we should get 2 characters for Punch-Out!! and 2 characters for Animal Crossing. Although since Sakurai made that game she does have a big chance.

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
I would love that pic of the day. Just because of one game, Kid Icarus does not deserve another character yet. Otherwise we should get 2 characters for Punch-Out!! and 2 characters for Animal Crossing. Although since Sakurai made that game she does have a big chance.
Oh my god, let it go people. There is nothing related with being deserved in this game. EVERY NINTENDO char deserve be on smash only because they have fans. Why the chars that you are fan deserve more tham otheres? Is a videogame not a MobyDick sequel. Take easy bro.

Last edited:

JCDied4U

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sieger
Oh my god, let it go people. There is nothing related with being deserved in this game. EVERY NINTENDO char deserve be on smash only because they have fans. Why the chars that you are fan deserve more tham otheres? Is a videogame not a Moby**** sequel. Take easy bro.
What are you even saying? I just don't get why people think she deserves to be in the game. She is even less important than Rosalina. If it were about the fans then Geno would've been in Brawl.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
What are you even saying? I just don't get why people think she deserves to be in the game. She is even less important than Rosalina. If it were about the fans then Geno would've been in Brawl.
Palutena is technically more important to the KI series as a whole than Rosalina is to Mario. The latter is probably just more recognizable because she's from Mario.

Otherwise we should get 2 characters for Punch-Out!! and 2 characters for Animal Crossing. Although since Sakurai made that game she does have a big chance.
I dislike this logic of "Well, if this series is getting this number of characters, then THIS series should get this many characters!". The only real possible choice I see for PO!! besides Little Mac is probably Doc Louis, mainly because he's more central to PO!! than characters like King Hippo and Bald Bull who are just random opponents Mac faces and aren't that any more important than each other, being to Little Mac as Palutena is to Pit. But he'd most likely just be a semi-clone of Mac.

And as for Animal Crossing, Villager adequately represents it when it comes to Smash and we don't need to shove in some minor NPC characters like Tom Nook just because it's a popular, high selling series.

JCDied4U

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sieger
Palutena is technically more important to the KI series as a whole than Rosalina is to Mario. The latter is probably just more recognizable because she's from Mario.

I dislike this logic of "Well, if this series is getting this number of characters, then THIS series should get this many characters!". The only real possible choice I see for PO!! besides Little Mac is probably Doc Louis, mainly because he's more central to PO!! than characters like King Hippo and Bald Bull who are just random opponents Mac faces and aren't that any more important than each other, being to Little Mac as Palutena is to Pit. But he'd most likely just be a semi-clone of Mac.

And as for Animal Crossing, Villager adequately represents it when it comes to Smash and we don't need to shove in some minor NPC characters like Tom Nook just because it's a popular, high selling series.
Yes, your points are valid but I don't actually want more characters for those franchises, I was just making a point. Now back on topic.

Pic of the day: We've added all the Characters from the Kirby and Kid Icarus series as playable characters, these include Palutena, Hades, Knuckle Joe, Waddle Dee, Bandana Dee, Galactica Knight, Prince Fluff, and the Eggplant Wizard. I know you guys will love this since the franchises I worked on are obviously much better than Mario, Zelda and Metroid.

Last edited:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Pic of the Day: In response to the fan demand for a new F Zero character I give you.... James McCloud! With Final Smash: Landmaster. He's fighting Octoman!

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
You're high, you'd be dissapointed because we would get an original, fun, not to mention pretty female newcomer?

JCDied4U

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sieger
You're high, you'd be dissapointed because we would get an original, fun, not to mention pretty female newcomer?
I mean she would be an ok newcomer, better than WFT that's for sure. But I'll take Paper Mario, Ridley, Shulk, and Ghirahim over her any day. (Obviously Ghirahim has a smaller chance than her so ignore him).

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I mean she would be an ok newcomer, better than WFT that's for sure. But I'll take Paper Mario, Ridley, Shulk, and Ghirahim over her any day. (Obviously Ghirahim has a smaller chance than her so ignore him).
The fact that you're saying that WFT is in any way bad tells me all I need to know about your tastes.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
We have more reasons to want Tom Nook than just because AC is a popular series, he's definitely not a minor character. He provides something unique and fits Sakurai's criteria really well. :p

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Pic of Day: I recently had a colonoscopy and I was so overwhelmed with inspiration after the experience that I made it a stage. Introducing Director's Colon! To provide a full cinematic experience, it's a scrolling stage. If you look closely enough in the walls of my intestine, you can see filler pics embedded there.

Dragomire

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GoodGuyCrocomire
Pic the day. Here's the Pyrosphere stage hazard, Ridley! He is not a playable character, the characters on the website are playable characters!
1 hour later
Real pic of the day. Adam Malkovich authorizes the battle! Please understand.

D

Deleted member

Pic of the Day. Due to the great demand on Miiverse, Goku joins the battle! Prepare to do amazing Kamehamehas on your opponents!

Sun & Moon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedNes30
3DS FC
3411-1835-2138
No, she doesn't. Sakurai didn't added DDD in 64 and Melee because he didn't want to over-represent his own series. And Kirby is a much bigger franchise than Kid Icarus is.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Pic of the Day: Nothing! You get nothing, since you're all super annoying.

Could you imagine if he said this in the little sing-song voice everyone reads his explanations in?

Dragomire

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GoodGuyCrocomire
"Pic of the Day: Because of popular demand, Reggie joins the battle... As an assist trophy. Miley Cyrus wrecks in! She's a physically-based fighter."

Last edited:

Dragomire

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GoodGuyCrocomire
"Pic of the Day: It's a bird! It's a plane! No, It's Meta Knight! FYI, we switched his moveset with SSBB Jigglypuff, so Jigglypuff is now OP! Have fun, and please understand."

jacobj77

Smash Rookie
Pic of the day: Since Ridley can't appear on the pyrosphere stage because hes so big, we moved him to the Lumiose City stage where he is about 5 times the size of the tower.

AncientArk

Smash Apprentice
A picture displaying the difference in size between Mario and Ridley
and then a caption "Whats the deal with airplane food?"

A picture with both Charizard and a cardboard cut-out of Ridley
"I don't play games, what the hell are these things anyway?"

A picture of the inside of Smash Bros development studio shown to be vast and empty
"I made some gambling mistakes...Smash 4 will be delayed. Thanks for understanding."

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Pic of the Day: This is a new stage! It's my desk. A confused Lady Palutena and Bandana Waddle Dee watch on as I agonize over whether I'm either too modest to include them or have them as shoo-ins due to me breathing life into them. Watch out! My own head is a stage hazard that will periodically smash against the desk in desperation! Look at those HD blood, sweat and tears!

Last edited:

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
Pic of the Day: I apologize for the sudden announcement, but we were forced to cut Captain Falcon after we found a game-breaking glitch that occurs when two people Falcon Punch at the same time. Please understand, this occurred on the 3DS version of the game.

Later...
Bonus Pic of the Day: Wonderful 100 reporting for duty! All of the 100 superheroes will be playable at the same time on both systems.

kylexv

Smash Master
Pic of the Day: Ridley is the stage hazard in the new Pyrosphere stage. This means he will not be playable. Just because you're a tryhard doesn't mean you join the battle. Please understand.

Dragomire

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GoodGuyCrocomire
Pic of the Day: Here' are the only 2 returning stages from Brawl: Final Destination, to appeal to the competitive Fox-using crowd, and 75 m, because everyone loved that stage!

GangsterPuff

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gpuff
3DS FC
1289-9497-1235
Why does every one want Ridley in the next smash? Oh yeah, and
Pic of the day: we bring in the fan favorite: the Wii Fit trainer!!!!! (oh wait)

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Isaac as an Assist Trophy.

I'd rather live in blissful ignorance until I get the game. :crying:

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
"Pic of the Night: Because Pic of the Day is overrated, here's a picture of my date tonight. I'm taking her to the club tonight...KK Slider's Club!!!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA TROLOLOLOLOLO"
If Sakurai ever posts something like that I'm getting PS Battle Royale. Not even kidding.

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
Pic of the Day: Here's another pic of Diddy tearing up the battlefield. Don't worry, tomorrow you guys won't get anything special either. Luigi and Mario will both be picking their noses this time!

Top Bottom