• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things to calm the hype?

Ojanya

Smash Ace
Okay, I've been extremely hyped up lately. I've tried playing melee, but all I want to do is play my melee main (Falco), which makes it useless considering he was changed completely. I always thought that at least i'd have school. But guess what, snow day. So what can I do to calm myself? Are there any other fighting games for 360 I can check out?

Kylazin

Smash Rookie
NNID
MaxximusPrime
Just don't think about it so much, and when it gets too crazy go to sleep. I find sleeping a great way to pass several hours at a time.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
I'm replaying some games again to tide me over:

Golden Sun: The Lost Age
The Legend of Zelda: Windwaker

Some old stuff on snes/genesis emulators.

TempestFunk

Smash Cadet
Go search for rom called ******* Mario

If you play it you'll have a rage blackout and hopefully when you wake up brawl will be out

Edit: censor won't let me tell you the name of the game.... so heres a link so heres a link -Warning... bad language?

FangzV

Smash Journeyman
Play some game everyone has finished except for you.
Like Galaxy. (I've got like, 15 or 16 stars I'm so behind)
Or just go to sleep early so the day will end faster.
Then Brawl comes sooner.
Then you get your fix sooner.
Then your hype is gone.

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
My hype died after the roster was revealed. Now, it comes out when it comes out.

joepinion

Smash Apprentice
I actually just found out that for my work I'm heading down to New Orleans for a week to do relief work, Saturday-Friday before Brawl. I'm looking forward to being away from a computer and working hard 9-5 with my hands to serve others.... should take my mind off this game!!

roguebanshee

Smash Cadet
Play some Flash based games, such as the ones you can find on armorgames, newgrounds and onemorelevel.

Malificent

Smash Apprentice
I'm replaying some games again to tide me over:

Golden Sun: The Lost Age
The Legend of Zelda: Windwaker

Some old stuff on snes/genesis emulators.
Im in the same boat as you. I even picked WoW back up with my girl friend 3weeks ago =\ Sad thing is im 6 levels away from 70 :'(

Ojanya

Smash Ace
Im in the same boat as you. I even picked WoW back up with my girl friend 3weeks ago =\ Sad thing is im 6 levels away from 70 :'(
I got bored of WoW at 70. Trust me, once you've got all your epics, it's boring. Pace yourself.

Chiastic

Smash Apprentice
I got bored of WoW at 70. Trust me, once you've got all your epics, it's boring. Pace yourself.
dude if you have time (and patience) to raid, its fun. but if you're a casual gamer, and want to get epics via pvp, or farming. it becomes incredibly boring...

anyways. we're getting SSB64 next monday for the VC. so i'll be hitting that meanwhile. i'm also playing Mario Strikers. its fun. its not "OMFG THIS GAME ROX!" but its quite entertaining.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
How is the roster underwhelming? it is has nearly 35 unique characters...
Because the unlockable roster consists almost entirely of characters from the past games and semi-clones. Also, Sonic and Snake are even in the game's intro so the "spoiled by the Dojo" arguement falls flat on its face.

Really, everything that's genuinely good about the roster is available from the get-go. Yeah, I realise that Ness is in my sig but, if you ask me, it was a complete waste to make both Ness and Captain Falcon unlockables again. Also, I'm really tired of people constantly suggesting that simply because I'm not 100% satisfied with the roster that I don't deserve to live... I don't like ROB and I don't like how Wolf and Young/Toon Link turned out; what of it?

ndm508

Smash Journeyman
People are STILL complaining about the roster? It's not perfect, no, but what were you expecting after all this speculation? There was no way it was going to live up to anyone's expectations.

Besides this thread isn't about the **** roster, the guy just wants to know about any 360 fighting games.

I've never been a huge fan of fighting games, but off the top of my head you got Dead or Alive 4, which should be pretty good, considering Team Ninja makes some **** good games. Virtua Fighter 4 Online is another one. I dunno, there's a few choices out there, nothing that really emulates Smash if that's what you're looking for.

What I've been doing these last couple months is playing old Nintendo games the roster characters have shown up in.

I'm replaying Wind Waker because...well...I love Toon Link, but I've also beaten Star Fox Assault last week because I've never played a game with Wolf in it, and I gotta say, I appreciate the Star Fox characters a lot more. Olimar too, I went through Pikmin 1 and 2 a few weeks ago for the first time. Just so I can see some of the games these characters are in. Love them or hate them, they're in for a reason.

So it's just a suggestion. If you main Falco, but haven't played any of the Star Fox games, I highly suggest you search some out, just to see where your character comes from. It'll make you appreciate Brawl that much more.

Best101

Smash Ace
Replay old games you have.

I've replayed
Paper Mario: TTYD
Legend of Zelda: WW (this one was extra fun for some reason :laugh:)
Legend of Zelda: Alttp
Legend of Zelda: MM and OOT
Zelda II

I'm about to play
Kirby 64 (I really want to play this one, and I hope I don't have to buy it again on VC)
Paper Mario
Super Smash Bros. 64

I just need to get the sound working on my N64 so I can play them

Top Bottom