• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Theytah's pretty pixels: Round Two!

Kurukato87

Smash Apprentice
Speaking of tuxedos, would it be possible for you to do Snake in a tux, like if you beat Metal Gear Solid twice.

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Definitely picking up HD Yoshi's cause I love how that looks, and as for suggestions I guess I can throw one your way. I hope this follows the guidelines, I can only suggest something fun for Bowser. His nice white tuxedo from Super Paper Mario, obviously! That's all I got there, though.
I can't do models :shrug:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
ah, curses! Tis alright, I just spitball things here and there. I'll try and think of something better to suggest that's purely texture based...oh! You could do Yoshi's Cookie Vs. Mode Mario from the SNES version. If player 2 picks Mario and Player 1 has already chosen him, Mario dons a palette that looks like Fire Luigi, kind of. I think the shirt is a different shade of white...if you need a reference pic I can post one.

Last edited:

meow

Smash Apprentice
Hey Theytah could you possibly zoom back the camera a few when on Falcon Flyer? It's a little too zoomed in when it's 1v1.

EDIT: I checked out your pack thread and read the bugs whoops nevermind I will await the day you fix it :-)

Last edited:

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Hey Theytah could you possibly zoom back the camera a few when on Falcon Flyer? It's a little too zoomed in when it's 1v1.

EDIT: I checked out your pack thread and read the bugs whoops nevermind I will await the day you fix it :-)
The falcon flyer camera is caused by the ridley model, the same problem exists on the halberd stage.

ah, curses! Tis alright, I just spitball things here and there. I'll try and think of something better to suggest that's purely texture based...oh! You could do Yoshi's Cookie Vs. Mode Mario from the SNES version. If player 2 picks Mario and Player 1 has already chosen him, Mario dons a palette that looks like Fire Luigi, kind of. I think the shirt is a different shade of white...if you need a reference pic I can post one.
Need a link :p

Yoyoenix91

Smash Rookie
NNID
Yoyoenix91
3DS FC
4425-1925-6141
I love your stages, but I was curious about something. It's been a while since I've played The Windwaker, but was Molgera's room that dark in the original game? I like the stage and the animations, but I feel like everything is a bit too dark. Might just be me though. ^_^;

BTW, Brinstar Depths is awesome. I brought my Wii up to my university's lounge area, and the local Smash players were all confused (and slightly butt-hurt) until I assured them that Brinstar Depths doesn't rotate in this hack. xD

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
I love your stages, but I was curious about something. It's been a while since I've played The Windwaker, but was Molgera's room that dark in the original game? I like the stage and the animations, but I feel like everything is a bit too dark. Might just be me though. ^_^;

BTW, Brinstar Depths is awesome. I brought my Wii up to my university's lounge area, and the local Smash players were all confused (and slightly butt-hurt) until I assured them that Brinstar Depths doesn't rotate in this hack. xD
The rotation messed up EVERYTHING about the original stage, slippery slopes, non grabbable edges, and all around cluster****ery.

Also, I didn't make the original stage of molgera's room, so I have no idea how bright it's supposed to be :)

Yoyoenix91

Smash Rookie
NNID
Yoyoenix91
3DS FC
4425-1925-6141
The rotation messed up EVERYTHING about the original stage, slippery slopes, non grabbable edges, and all around cluster****ery.

Also, I didn't make the original stage of molgera's room, so I have no idea how bright it's supposed to be :)
Oh, whoops! I should read things more carefully then, I didn't realize someone else made the original. My bad. xD

Keep up the good work!

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Alright, here's a link http://www.spriters-resource.com/fullview/25145/
You'll see the Mario sprites(under the section labelled VS) and the last one has a different palette, that palette is the Player 2 palette. This applies to all the other characters, since Peach's and Bowser's haven't been done at all either, but Mario's is all I'm really suggesting, you can do what you want with the other two : P.

MagicManNo9

A busy man with a busy schedule these days!
TheytahK I just want to say love your work on Hilda! I made these because I'm currently making my own build using SJS's CSP's so I'll leave them here if you want them:

SJS style version (All I basically did was a recolor)

And

Also very curious here, will you be doing a Shiek version? I know it isn't Canon and whatnot but would be cool to match up when using Down and B. Again really love your work!

Last edited:

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
TheytahK I just want to say love your work on Hilda! I made these because I'm currently making my own build using SJS's CSP's so I'll leave them here if you want them:

SJS style version (All I basically did was a recolor)

And

Also very curious here, will you be doing a Shiek version? I know it isn't Canon and whatnot but would be cool to match up when using Down and B. Again really love your work!
Once I get REALLY bored I'm sure I'll do it.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Your textures look great! I was thinking down the road, would you consider making a Hilda themed Sheik to match that outfit?
Again, great stuff!

Guilu

Smash Apprentice
Placing the stage preview images in my files I noticed yours are actually a little too small, being 128x128 when the menu music previews are 176x176 and the stage selection screen previews are 160x160. Any chance we could get some bigger previews, to avoid the issue of it being too lowres ? I really like your PM Stadium and Clocktower Ville textures :)

Rage83

Smash Ace
Many people use lower-res previews to avoid filesize issues with the CSS and SSS, especially with things like cBliss, Stage Expansion, etc.

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
@ Ryztiq Ryztiq so let me get this straight, all the original .pac's/.rels any of your stages in this build that are meant for is what I would use as the base when using that website?
No, because some of them are alreay converted using that website, you'd have to figure out what the base stage, the two ways that I usually do this is by looking inside the stages file, because the author of the stage often puts a miscdata in there just for info about the stage. The other way is just to look the stage up on brawlvault.

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Placing the stage preview images in my files I noticed yours are actually a little too small, being 128x128 when the menu music previews are 176x176 and the stage selection screen previews are 160x160. Any chance we could get some bigger previews, to avoid the issue of it being too lowres ? I really like your PM Stadium and Clocktower Ville textures :)
Once the stages are set in stone I'll make full res previews, I'm still iffy about a few.

210stuna

Smash Lord
miscdata in there just for info about the stage.
It doesn't say the based .rel in the Stage Manager does it now hm?

Also I don't know what miscdata corresponds with which original stages. Unless it has the textures from the original stage, how would I know where it's from?

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
usually they're just useless ones that are put there to say info about the stage, not an actual useful file within the .pac, also it does say the base inside of the manager

210stuna

Smash Lord
I thought we were talking about getting info from the Stage Manager, because the misc data can be deceiving?

I'm talking about this info right here

Okay this stage is over rainbow cruise currently, I know the .pac and .rel are for Rainbow Cruise, duh, but all that really matter is what the rel says next to RC rel since the .pac can always be changed.

So my question is, can I use the base rel as Final Destination and put it over Delfino Plaza?

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
I thought we were talking about getting info from the Stage Manager, because the misc data can be deceiving?

I'm talking about this info right here

Okay this stage is over rainbow cruise currently, I know the .pac and .rel are for Rainbow Cruise, duh, but all that really matter is what the rel says next to RC rel since the .pac can always be changed.

So my question is, can I use the base rel as Final Destination and put it over Delfino Plaza?
yep

TrillyTroy

Smash Apprentice
Could I request a stage?
Preferably, I'd like to see a night time version of Jungle Japes with rain if possible and platforms in between the gaps of the stage.That would truly make my day lol

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Could I request a stage?
Preferably, I'd like to see a night time version of Jungle Japes with rain if possible and platforms in between the gaps of the stage.That would truly make my day lol
I don't know how to change lighting/rain but I'll try to add platforms inbetween the gaps on the stage.

Guilu

Smash Apprentice
Once the stages are set in stone I'll make full res previews, I'm still iffy about a few.
Ah, final releases.. I wouldn't count on those happening since this is just a hobby for you. Not only that, but the PMBR also thinks this isn't the final release so you would have to update your stages to fit future versions. Brawl Box can size pictures down anyway, so why not have previews in 256*256 format in the future ? Does it take more effort to do them in a particular resolution over another one ?

Last edited:

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Ah, final releases.. I wouldn't count on those happening since this is just a hobby for you. Not only that, but the PMBR also thinks this isn't the final release so you would have to update your stages to fit future versions. Brawl Box can size pictures down anyway, so why not have previews in 256*256 format in the future ? Does it take more effort to do them in a particular resolution over another one ?
It's not a final release :p I just meant "set in stone" as in "once I stop switching stages around constantly. Which I'm just about done with, so expect full res soon.

Taiko

Smash Ace
I'm liking what you did with the stages, I do see an error on Peach's Castle though.

I haven't looked too hard at the other stages yet, hopefully this helps though.

Kegga Beatz

Smash Cadet
You think you could make Mute city from melee and just put that over new port or something? if thats even possible

Rage83

Smash Ace
Mewtwo2000(a guy who made a lot of the original Melee stages) has been working on Mute City for a LONG time. :p

Top Bottom