• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Theytah's Mod School!

Damonj17

Smash Apprentice
Recently(Last night, when I installed Smash 3 mario and luigi with custom ice effects for Mario made by KingJigglyPuff) my game has been crashing the moment I try and load the CSS(If the CSS is the Char Select Screen) and I have to unplug my Wii U to fix it. Help? Will send Custom Build to someone via PM if needed. Also Theytah, I love your mods!

Y-L

Smash Champion
Recently(Last night, when I installed Smash 3 mario and luigi with custom ice effects for Mario made by KingJigglyPuff) my game has been crashing the moment I try and load the CSS(If the CSS is the Char Select Screen) and I have to unplug my Wii U to fix it. Help? Will send Custom Build to someone via PM if needed. Also Theytah, I love your mods!
That could mean your common5 is overloaded. Most likely you messed up installing the ice mod. I would try that again. Also don't unplug your wii u to reset it! Just hold the power button for 5 seconds and it will turn off.

Damonj17

Smash Apprentice
That could mean your common5 is overloaded. Most likely you messed up installing the ice mod. I would try that again. Also don't unplug your wii u to reset it! Just hold the power button for 5 seconds and it will turn off.
I forgot to mention that I removed the ice mod and just put in the costume.
EDIT: Just checked, my Common5 is 6.28 MB and vPM(Default Project M) is 4.78 MB, is that over the limit?

Last edited:

Y-L

Smash Champion
EDIT: Just checked, my Common5 is 6.28 MB and vPM(Default Project M) is 4.78 MB, is that over the limit?
Actually check sc_selcharacter.pac. I believe that had a size limit of about 3.8mb

Mach5Mike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mach5Mike
Does anyone know what would cause metal textures to stop working when a character hits a metal box? I was trying to combine objects/polygons from two different Link models, and everything (like rim lighting) works fine except the metal textures. Thanks in advance to anyone who can shed some light on this problem, or sorry if I'm asking in the wrong thread.

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
Anyone know how to keep bone positions stuck or frozen for animations? I'm trying to animate Mario's Win animation to a peace sign like in SM64(instead of the dumb air punch) but when I try to animate the Win1Wait animation, the hand goes down from the pose I want. The finger positions stay in the peace sign though. I tried to fix the hand myself frame by frame but since I suck at animating and moving the hand, the hand keeps shaking.

This is what I am trying to do.

Damonj17

Smash Apprentice
Actually check sc_selcharacter.pac. I believe that had a size limit of about 3.8mb
You mean sc_selcharacter_en? what about sc_selcharacter2_en?
EDIT: 3.05 mb is regular PM, and 4.59 mb is mine. How would I reduce it?

Last edited:

Y-L

Smash Champion
You mean sc_selcharacter_en? what about sc_selcharacter2_en?
EDIT: 3.05 mb is regular PM, and 4.59 mb is mine. How would I reduce it?
Yeah that's your problem I believe. I think that has to do with csp image file sizes being too large.

Anyone know how to keep bone positions stuck or frozen for animations? I'm trying to animate Mario's Win animation to a peace sign like in SM64(instead of the dumb air punch) but when I try to animate the Win1Wait animation, the hand goes down from the pose I want. The finger positions stay in the peace sign though. I tried to fix the hand myself frame by frame but since I suck at animating and moving the hand, the hand keeps shaking.

sm64 win animation would be so cool I hope you figure this out!

Last edited:

Damonj17

Smash Apprentice
Gonna try and replace all the files again, will let you guys know if it works

Y-L

Smash Champion
Hey, I'm only a novice, let me get the hang of animating the full body by messing around with the idle animation. (I hope I can get it to look like the SM64 anim)
Haha well good job, if you can get that full animation I'll be the first to download it :p

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
Haha well good job, if you can get that full animation I'll be the first to download it :p
I just added in the head turning to the normal idle anim for consistency. I don't want to have to spend weeks on animating every single instance where Mario goes to his idle or have to deal with the weirdness of him switching poses from his normal idle to the sm64 after many things.

Chromewhip

Smash Cadet
this is all super helpful and useful stuff! I'm a semi-competent modder(done quite a bit of PSA work, some brawlbox work) and
I was wondering, when creating a custom CSS, is there is a way to change the shape of the CSP Icons from a square to a hexagonal icon? If so, do you think you could give me a hand with it? if not, could you point me in the right direction? I've been looking all over, and there is not very much information at all about working with custom CSS's in project m(I've tried CSS organizer, but it's not what I'm looking for).

Specifically, I'd like to use this as a base:

Damonj17

Smash Apprentice
Probably a stupid question: How do I get Cbliss working with PM?
Edit: and also,how would I have multiple outfits for one team (IE I have a SMB1 Luigi that I want to use on team green along with regular green, or with Smash 3's Cbliss green/Smash 3's regular luigi both being on green team)

Last edited:

Champion Red

Smash Cadet
That usually means that your csp is a larger size then it should be. Are you sure your image was 128x160 and didn't exceed 11,000 B?

If not, re-add the images and if you're using costume manager, don't click recommend... That should keep it below 11,000. Your BP has to be 48x56.

Damonj17

Smash Apprentice
That usually means that your csp is a larger size then it should be. Are you sure your image was 128x160 and didn't exceed 11,000 B?

If not, re-add the images and if you're using costume manager, don't click recommend... That should keep it below 11,000. Your BP has to be 48x56.
I just had to many CSPs and stuff, I reset it now and I'm just searching for custom builds to download.

Juken

Smash Ace
Edit, nevermind about that question.

Another question though, how do I change water from swimmable on a stage where you just fall past it.

Last edited:

Champion Red

Smash Cadet
How would I get it working?
EDIT: also, how would I use costume manager for it? I can't use Costume manager for both Cbliss AND Project M Mappings
If you're not too far into your custom build, you can get ProjectM with cbliss already installed.

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/jg9g73pncccx646/cBliss Ready Project M 3.0 Updated.rar

As for adding cbliss into your own PM, you can find out how here: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=59782.0
You can also download the cbliss ready PM and then just replace your codes with the cbliss ready codes. I'm pretty sure that would work...

Now your second question... When I was using cbliss on my PM (I currently don't use it), I just selected use Project M mappings and everything worked fine. It should work for you too.

Last edited:

King of Hoboz

Smash Journeyman
Heya everyone.

So, I've actually been using cBliss and I think I got it to add costumes slots- but now there's a tricky part I can't find an answer to anywhere.

How would I add the portraits and pictures for the new character slot? I went onto Brawl Costume Manager and went to where my new costume should be. I managed to get the mid-match portrait to show itself when I view the cBliss mapping, but the rest of the stuff is a big blank spot in the costume manager that I can't seem to edit at all.

I figured this has something to do with the Common5.pac and MenSelchrFaceBXXX.brres, but I have no idea how to edit these files.

Last edited:

Damonj17

Smash Apprentice
Heya everyone.

So, I've actually been using cBliss and I think I got it to add costumes slots- but now there's a tricky part I can't find an answer to anywhere.

How would I add the portraits and pictures for the new character slot? I went onto Brawl Costume Manager and went to where my new costume should be. I managed to get the mid-match portrait to show itself when I view the cBliss mapping, but the rest of the stuff is a big blank spot in the costume manager that I can't seem to edit at all.

I figured this has something to do with the Common5.pac and MenSelchrFaceBXXX.brres, but I have no idea how to edit these files.
Use this:
If you're not too far into your custom build, you can get ProjectM with cbliss already installed.

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/jg9g73pncccx646/cBliss Ready Project M 3.0 Updated.rar

As for adding cbliss into your own PM, you can find out how here: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=59782.0
You can also download the cbliss ready PM and then just replace your codes with the cbliss ready codes. I'm pretty sure that would work...

Now your second question... When I was using cbliss on my PM (I currently don't use it), I just selected use Project M mappings and everything worked fine. It should work for you too.
and add in all the stuff.

King of Hoboz

Smash Journeyman
3.0 isn't 3.02 though, and I already got cBliss into my PM with the cBliss Tool from Mewtwo2000.

Started pushing on a bit by myself, still get freezing. Here's exactly what I've done so far.

1) Used cBliss Tool to give Sonic 6 slots instead of 5. (All the other costumes work fine it seems)
2) Add the new Sonic model into the sonic folder as fitsonic06.pac/pcs
3) Used BrawlBox to insert the textures necessary as MenSelchrFace.467 in Common5.pac and MenSelchrFace460.brres
4) Made a InfFace467.brres

Any steps I'm missing to making a valid slot?

Last edited:

Juken

Smash Ace
Anybody know about animations on models? It seems like for some reason, this N64 Mario mod I installed has different moves from the other costumes. For example, his down tilt is a backward kick instead of a low forward kick, and it actually changes how you have to aim his down-tilts. His up-tilt also makes him shoot his fist in the air backward instead of forward too.

Top is N64 model, and bottom is any of the regular mario skins I have, and I didn't turn the camera, the N64 just moves backwards and does a kick in the opposite direction him instead of in front. The animation is completely different. One thing I know is that this model was for original brawl and not PM, so I had to manually give it the PM spin down-b animation or it'd go into the t-stance. He also doesn't do the little spin for his down-air, he just stays still in the pose as if he's doing the attack, but can't spin.

So my question's simple. Which file(s) in the .pac do I need to replace in this N64 Mario mod to give him the same animations, hitboxes, and attacks as PM MArio? Also I'm still wondeirng how to make water on a stage not-swimmable so that you just fall though it.

Last edited:

N00B64

Smash Cadet
reput project M on your SD card, and then reput your mod on it

if it happens again, reformat your SD card and repeat.

something in your files were not transferred/downloaded properly and thus could not be read.

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Is there any difference between 2.6 Pokemon Stadium 2, and 3.02's version?
Yes, a lot of camera edits and model optimization.

Does anyone know what would cause metal textures to stop working when a character hits a metal box? I was trying to combine objects/polygons from two different Link models, and everything (like rim lighting) works fine except the metal textures. Thanks in advance to anyone who can shed some light on this problem, or sorry if I'm asking in the wrong thread.
If a character skin doesn't have metal textures in their model, then they wont show up.

All animation continuity is controlled by the fitcharacter.pac file, changing the animation can sometimes cause it to freeze depending on what parts of the file call the animation to play.

How can I edit a .sawnd without using a .brsar, specifically the announcer.
You can edit the .brsar directly and put it in your PM build, but it takes up a lot of space.

this is all super helpful and useful stuff! I'm a semi-competent modder(done quite a bit of PSA work, some brawlbox work) and
I was wondering, when creating a custom CSS, is there is a way to change the shape of the CSP Icons from a square to a hexagonal icon? If so, do you think you could give me a hand with it? if not, could you point me in the right direction? I've been looking all over, and there is not very much information at all about working with custom CSS's in project m(I've tried CSS organizer, but it's not what I'm looking for).

Specifically, I'd like to use this as a base:
With a lot of model editing you could, the main problem would be moving all of the other stuff such as "P1" "CPU" and other things that are attached to the CSP card.

Anybody know about animations on models? It seems like for some reason, this N64 Mario mod I installed has different moves from the other costumes. For example, his down tilt is a backward kick instead of a low forward kick, and it actually changes how you have to aim his down-tilts. His up-tilt also makes him shoot his fist in the air backward instead of forward too.

Top is N64 model, and bottom is any of the regular mario skins I have, and I didn't turn the camera, the N64 just moves backwards and does a kick in the opposite direction him instead of in front. The animation is completely different. One thing I know is that this model was for original brawl and not PM, so I had to manually give it the PM spin down-b animation or it'd go into the t-stance. He also doesn't do the little spin for his down-air, he just stays still in the pose as if he's doing the attack, but can't spin.

So my question's simple. Which file(s) in the .pac do I need to replace in this N64 Mario mod to give him the same animations, hitboxes, and attacks as PM MArio? Also I'm still wondeirng how to make water on a stage not-swimmable so that you just fall though it.
This is most likely caused by the model's rigging, or the creator used bone edits in the model.

Heya everyone.

I have a pre-built PM build that fills in all those blank spots, look on the first page of this thread and go to the "how to mod project M" video, it has a link to it there, if not in the links section in the OP.

Edit, nevermind about that question.

Another question though, how do I change water from swimmable on a stage where you just fall past it.
You'll need an old brawlbox version that can edit that blue miscdata you'll find in any stage containing water, it's a value which determines the water's height level.

Last edited:

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
How can I replace models using Brawl box? I'm trying to create a Mario that looks similar to the Mystery Land Mario in Mario Party 2 by using Dr. Mario as a base but Dr. Mario doesn't have arms when I try to shorten his sleeves with vertex editing. Because of that, I imported Mario's arms from another Mario model when I try replacing one of the models I want to delete(like the medical stuff he has), BB just gives me an error. Again, I just want to replace one of Dr. Mario's obj files but I keep getting errors. Any help would be appreciated.

Here's an image of Mystery Mario if anyone is interested in what I'm doing.(Bottom Middle)

Last edited:

Y-L

Smash Champion
Anyone know how I could get a code for the gct that enables 16:9 by default? (without a save file)

Top Bottom