• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

These boards are no longer fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
Everytime I come here all I see is Brawl sucks Melee rocks. Or Brawl won't be competitive and won't last for years like Melee. Why are there so many threads like this? Can we please have a complaint forum? There are so many other threads that get bumped off the 1st page because of repetitive threads like those. It's almost getting to the point where I feel like leaving this site.

Rash

Smash Ace
Seriously, General Brawl is a joke. It would be better if people who actually liked discussing the game's aspects were left to post here, and people who prefer bashing them or constantly expressing grief at the so-called "limitations" of Brawl can be left to post in a completely different board.

EternalCrusade

Smash Journeyman
there is a complaint thread, but some people feel its they're above it for some stupid reason

and btw, brawl >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>melee...I can't put even put enough ">"s

and I do agree with you, people should just stop complaining or arguing about which is better because that is just getting us nowhere fast. the people who like melee better should stick to melee and the people who like brawl better should stick to brawl. its not hard to figure out

Corigames

Smash Hero
Hey, did you notice that this is a complaint thread? You are just complaining like all the good melee players that don't like brawl.

Thanks for your contribution good sir. It's a good thing you didn't see that STICKIED COMPLAINT THREAD!!!

volbound1700

Smash Master
I think people just want something to talk about and it is healthy for Brawl. If Nintendo makes another Smash Bros., they can take the criticism and choose to evaluate it with their new game.

Hoboman725

Smash Journeyman
this complaint will fall on deaf ears, even mods and longtime respected members are making the threads you're talking about.

the irony is I predict this will be locked by a mod who says something along the lines of "stop whining"

Rash

Smash Ace
this complaint will fall on deaf ears, even mods and longtime respected members are making the threads you're talking about.
It's sad, but true. :(

As far as the complaint thread goes, as it can already be seen, EVERYONE SEEMS TO BE IGNORING IT. How can you combat sh*tty threads in the complaint thread when said sh*tty threads are so much more easily noticeable? You have to fight fire with fire. Yeah, it makes General Brawl look even worse, but it's the only viable option for people who want to get their point across.

Ichida

Smash Ace
Anti-Brawl topics should all just be merged into that complaint thread, just so we have somewhere to not look when we come here.

Tofu Beast

Smash Ace
either that, or pointless repetitive threads such as "which controller" "favorite character" and other bs. For example, this thread......

Brasil

Smash Cadet
I would argue the boards were never actually "fun" to begin with. Rather, they were merely bearable.

Carouselambra

Smash Rookie
In regards to these boards no longer being fun:

In my humble opinion, I am much less concerned with the opinions of arbitrary subjects such as "melee is better than brawl" as I am with people who respond to posts in such a negative tone that it could only decrease the poster's interest in this forum as well as the game. It happens way too often.

Fujiwara

Smash Apprentice
The whole bull**** should end. One topic for the pros and cons for and against melee/brawl. For real now. How old are you guys? 12 or 14? This isn't just trolling and whining anymore, I do understand the ED Article about the SmashBoards Community now really well.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
I agree too, it's part of the reason I don't really come here often anymore.

I also get annoyed at people calling every other basic combo a new Advanced Tech. Seriously.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
If you don't want to deal with people complaining, you could simply not go into those threads. You do know there are tons of other sections of the site (like tactical discussion, character specific, and etc) that aren't crowded with threads about this, right?

distr0ia

Smash Apprentice
it's true

...and also ironic; the release of what may be the greatest Smash Bros. game of them all is coinciding with Smashboards stumbling uncontrollably downhill. I am definitely going to start spending less time reading about Smash on this site and more time playing it with my friends

WarMachine

Smash Apprentice
Yeah... unfortunately a good deal of the whining is actually coming from moderators so I doubt there's going to be anything done about it really.... I don't mean to be disrespectful or anything, but seriously telling people to go someplace else to discuss brawl (rather than the brawl discussion forum?) when the moderators themselves are refusing to post their complaints in the designated complaint thread is a little silly.

M.K

Level 55
These threads are a joke, now. The whining and moaning about what to do about Brawl is all just baseless nonsense talk. You can't find a decent thread among all the clutter. It's a shame, the Character Boards are much MUCH better. General Brawl FTL!

iankobe

Smash Lord
Smashboards lost its cool when all these Brawl haters appeared.

And I totally agree with you. It's annoying.

Is there a way to save Smashboards...?

Cubemario

Smash Journeyman
Bah, I have a problem with all the boards in general. Not just the brawl ones. The pool room is even worse. The community has gone really downhill in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom