• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Thesage vs. tha L@wl and thesage vs. Wuss Update: 1 match added! (5 total)

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
It's called a Klaptrap you noob. I thought it was only once and you just failed a to tech (thus bouncing of the stage to a watery death). Somebody comment please!

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
It's called a Klaptrap you noob. I thought it was only once and you just failed a to tech (thus bouncing of the stage to a watery death). Somebody comment please!
yeah, looked like it was once. but man, that recovery from Falco when you were doing your up+b from the water? hahaha, well if you survive that way I guess it's fair that you die from shenanigans like the klaptrap as well. Ness and Falco's an odd matchup, I'm workin on that myself [as Ness]...fAir and PKThunder-Tailwhip are excellent against Falco's recovery...hah, the hard part is just getting them off the edge. Even though you're given a lot of opportunities to in this match, don't make it a habit to try and grab a Falco, any higher level Falco player [which isn't saying Wuss's is bad at all] will almost never get grabbed...well, at least by a slow kid with T-Rex arms.

also, when Y-Link isn't knocked too far off the stage, don't use PK Flash, instead try to master the tail-whip...if you know the player has a habit of dropping down for the hook-shot, even better! get in between him and the stage...either he'll do the hookshot, get nipped and die or he'll be forced into an up+b and you could already be swinging your pk thunder back around to get him! Ness Vs. Young Link is one of my favorites...always interesting.

The_NZA

Smash Lord
Wuss, i was impressed by some of your technical skill but seriously, you should be tearing sage an even bigger one =). Dair-.-> lcancel shine pwwwwwwwwwwwwwwns ness to oblivion.

and btw, nice laser edgeguarding.

E_Ress

Smash Cadet
The biggest problem, Wuss, was your lack of shines. Falco should NEVER EVER EVER get shield grabbed.

It's already been covered, but it definitely needs emphasis.

toasty

Smash Hero
semi-related question...and this isn't a challenge or anything close to that...it's a mere curiosity so when I go up there on the 21st maybe I can meet the person and hopefully learn from them...but, does anyone know who the best Ness player up in NoVa is? Anyone else who mains as Ness? Just curious.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I'm the only Ness main here... You can meet Hova (lives in MD), mabye UmbreonMow if he's at Chu's (lives in PA). Redd has a really good Ness but he doesn't use him in tourney's... I'll probably come the 21st.

Wuss

Smash Champion
I know, I know about not getting grabbed. My l-canceling was a little off that day/ I wanted to go behind him most of the time, but ended up in front for some odd reason...

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I think Hova's Ness = to my Ness (mabye just a little better) and Mow 8 stocked me (unlimited time match)...

toasty

Smash Hero
i beat sage in ness dittos a couple of times....maybe i should be a ness main...lol...
mannn Ness dittos broke my spirits as a Ness player because there aren't ANY other Nesses around here [not even as 2nd/3rd/or 4th characters! so I've never faught another Ness] and the guy I usually play against is pretty proficient with every character and he's played my Ness a million times so he knows a] what a Ness can do and b] what works against a Ness....but I had NO idea how to play against one..so a couple weeks ago when we decided to have some ditto matches I got ***** just about every match. Hopefully it won't be so bad when I get up to NoVa XD

and yeah, he had the same reaction after beating my Ness so consistently, "maybe a new 2nd main?" but man...using Ness against better characters and against people who know how to use them? well, all I can say is winning Ness dittos might make you feel like you're pretty good with him, esp if it's against a good Ness, but don't be mislead into thinking you're good with the character yet. [note the "yet" because it obviously takes some degree of skill to even be decent with Ness]. ditto matches also don't determine which one is a better Ness player, just which one is better against him.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
We set it to a time match that would be endless (set the timer to none I think), then procede to play 1 vs 1 on FD. For every 1 stock I could take off of him, he took off eight. On his 7th KO (when I was just about to kill him) he SD'd. 8 lives later I managed to ko him. Fighting his Ness is the only reason I still main him.

Top Bottom