• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

There Will be more than 35 characters, bet on it.

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
First of all, I'm not refering to anyone as a "prophet" anymore. I find the term obnoxious, and that's being generious. I'll call them WBL's or "Would-be-leakers."

Anyhow, so much of what these WBL's have said is based on heresay. One person makes a claim, twenty people read it and start repeating various iterations of it. One of those iterations is similar to a Dojo revelation and all of the sudden the WBL has insider information, no other questions asked. Granted, there has been documentation for a claim or two, but the only ones I've seen have been either incredibly vague or incredibly obvious. And of course, there is the factor of dumb luck to be considered. But there is also the issue that people are combining what several WBL's are saying. One WBL claims that that Toon Link is in, we find a reason to believe his/her credibility, and suddenly not only are the rest of his/her claims accurate, but ALL WBL's that claimed Toon Link was in are suddenly right. (btw, Toon Link is just an example, not based on any one situation/predictor, and I'm not a claiming that he'll be in).

One reason it's hard to believe this 35-character list has to do more with who supposedly got in, more than the number itself. I don't find 35-ridiculously far-fetched, myself. I find a list of 35 characters with almost all unlockables being veterans, and almost half of the starting lineup being newcomers highly suspect. I mean, if this was the true character list, wouldn't it have made sense for Sakurai to hold off on characters like Dedede, Diddy, and Olimar for unlockables and use Marth, Falco, Luigi, and Game'N'Watch as Starters since we've already seen them? It just makes no sense to give away all your trump cards before you've even played a hand.

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
Seriously I don't think this will be the final roster. I just find some things hard to believe, I mean no Geno? no Ridley? Wolf over Krystal? R.O.B. playable?

Here's how I see it, if any time this week or next Captain Falcon, Ridley, Krystal, Geno or Animal Crossing MC get confirmed, that will prove the 35 roster a fake, which I think it is.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
At least most of us are united on the idea that Brawl's roster is indeed God Awful. Suppose Sakurai had something up his sleeve like downloadable characters? It's definately a stretch but during times like this...

RWB

Smash Ace
I can't see what the big deal is.

And technically it's 38 characters, not 35. (So you are already right about there being more than 35 XD)

If all these have unique movesets...

If we compare to melee's characters.... Melee had six clones(I'm not counting luigi).

This would mean we now have 18 new movesets, as the clones was using the basically same movesets with different stats...

Counting Luigi as a clone, and say, he gets a new moveset... We have the double amount of unique movesets.

38(Sheik and the trainers pokemon makes it this number) is good enough if there's no clones, and it's really a likely sum.

Lack of Ridley and Krystal makes me sceptic about the list(I support neither, but still... ). Geno I expected to show up, but I'm not gonna be surprised if he don't.

Why the big freakout about R.O.B. ? Ever heard of WTF-character?

antimatter

Smash Lord
downloadable characters would suck for those who dont have an internet connection for their wii.

RWB

Smash Ace
downloadable characters would suck for those who dont have an internet connection for their wii.

Cough***** you router, **** you. Work, for the love of GOD!*Cough.

Downloadables sounds pretty nice.

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
What bothers me about that list is that it renders most of the unlockables as characters we already knew about, and very few new entries.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The 35 character roster is sure to be fake after seeing a few additional new character faces yesterday. The roster should be around maybe 40-45 fighters.

dinhotheone

Smash Apprentice
also, observe: 1st game ssb 12 chars out 1999
2nd game ssbm 25 chars out 2001
calculated regression based on game number: 38 characters
calculated regression based on year: 70.5 characters.

conclusion ssbb character amount = 38 or 70.7

now i know this is a load of crap logically (not mathematically) but imo 38 sounds like a good number to me. i would put money down that its 38,39 or 40.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Please the roster is too small. Sakurai has work on this since 2005, wait, that's a freaking 3 years. 35 chars is quite impossible. Maybe he's too lazy.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Even better would be Mach Rider, a character NO ONE even predicted... :chuckle:
Confirming any character outside that roster will prove it false.

Or Wolf or WW Link, as ATs...

**** these prophets... Picked the WORST time possible to throw those suckass rosters of theirs.. A time when we might only see returning veterans instead of newcomers.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I agree with intercept. Anyone who can make a 35 character moveset are most likly putting in characters they want and forget other popular characters that other people would want but the person making the roster wouldn't.

People are being way to boring with thier rosters, way too predictable, listening way too much to smashboard's most popular characters. The fact is.....expect anything, expect anyone to be playable in brawl. you might laugh off phoenix wright and you might laugh at Banjo kazooie. But any character could be in brawl if sakurai and Nintendo are willing to put the effort into getting them and nobody here can really say who sakurai is and is not willing to put in brawl.

RWB

Smash Ace
Please the roster is too small. Sakurai has work on this since 2005, wait, that's a freaking 3 years. 35 chars is quite impossible. Maybe he's too lazy.
It's 38, actually.

Sheik counts as a separate char. So do the Pokémon.

Let me just say - we're getting new characters. That is, new movesets.

Take out the clones and the vets, how many characters are there? Eight, including Sheik.

Take out the vets from Brawl, how many (assuming the ROB/Wolf/Wind Waker Link thing is true)? 18, including Zamus and the three Pokés.

Also take into account that Ganondorf, Luigi, Ness, and Falco will all get revamped movesets likely. So in all intents and purposes, that's 22 new characters, if we examine movesets.

dinhotheone

Smash Apprentice
one thing i hadnt thought about, in all honesty, who predicted G&W in ssbm. now i wasnt on fomruns when it came out, but i dont think anyone could have predicted that guy. i agree with those of you who say anything can happen. sakurai is a hrd guy to pin down, to predict him is no easy task.

Top Bottom