• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

There is something I wish to say in regards to discrimination and bullying

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
As the title says, I have something to say about all this.

In advance, I do apologize if this offends someone. I did not mean to offend anyone here, as I am just stating my thoughts.

For a long time, members of humanity have discriminated against one another in different ways. That includes people with different religions, race, culture, way of doing something, or having something like obesity, old age and even disabilities/disorders. I wish to focus on the disorders and disabilities part mainly in this discussion.

Now, like I said, people discriminate against one another so much. In the case of children, people are made fun of, or bullied, for having something like a disability or being different. The thing I wish to say is this: Whether it is an adult discriminating against others or children bullying others, there is a possibility that some of those people (maybe not all, of course) may be hypocrites.

What I mean to say is, many people have some sort of disability, disorder, or other health issues, which can be physical or mental. We might be talking mostly mental health issues, disabilities and disorders here, but the thing is; while I am not sure how big the percentage is on this; there is probably many people in the USA or the world itself that have mental disabilities and disorders that it harder to interact socially with others or make it hard to be a good person overall. The thing is, there are probably many people that are undocumented in terms of having disabilities or disorders because some some of them are poorly raised by bad parents, do not trust or like doctors enough to go see them and, as a sub-reason to the other reasons, not being educated enough to know they may need help. There may be other reasons too, like people thinking they are fine or perfect or whatever, but yeah, you see what I mean.

Either way, in the USA and in the world, I do think there are many people who have mental health issues that go undocumented because they do not see a doctor. Even if they do, they may not wish to take their medicine. Either way, I can say that any crimes can be committed by these kinds of people before they get help, and when they do get help, it is often too late and someone is harmed or killed.

Take for instance, a shooting that happened in a Dollar General in Jacksonville, Florida. The shooter killed mainly African Americans, and committed suicide after that. That person was mentally ill. Another case would be former president of the USA, Donald J. Trump. He has mental illness himself, but apparently continued to live his life without getting much treatment for it, if at all. They both have had health issues, and yet did not get proper help before they did something bad. (In Trump's case, it was the insurrection he started in January 6 of 2021) Donald Trump also insulted a man with disabilities once when he has mental illness, so I believe he is hypocritical in that regard.

BUT, considering that people may not have such serious mental health issues, or any at all, and are quite normal; that is no reason to pick on others for being different or even "less than normal", which is not a bad thing. At all. I would like to bring in lack of knowledge or education in this case as these people may have such a thing.

I think the lack of education and knowledge about people who are different in race, religion, disabilities/health issues and other things are acting like they are superior because they are normal. Well, they are wrong. Being normal does not mean they are superior, and they don't even know much about the different things different people like, do or have that is different from what they are used to. Chances are, they may have learned about these different things from someone ill-educated or not knowledgeable about these things, like their parents if they are children (as parents can only know so much), or it could be children, as in this case, not knowing any better. In terms of adults, they might just think they know something even though it is based on assumption. Being normal or not having things like disabilities does not make one superior. Plus, even if one is normal, saying bad things about and insulting others with disabilities just because it is thought such disabilities could make people "stupid" can be hypocritical, because they know just about nothing about the very people they discriminate against, make fun of, or insult. Plus, even if they already are smart in one area, that does not mean they know it all about anything else.

But yes, I find the lack of knowledge and maybe self-awareness to be things that can make people hypocritical about things. If one has a mental health issue/has disabilities/disorders, they are hypocritical for discriminating against those who have such issues as well. If one is ignorant about those kinds of things and yet discriminates against them, no matter how "dumb" the other people actually are, the person who does not have such mental issues are still bad for being just as "dumb". In fact, if they were smart about these kinds of things, they would be less likely to discriminate against people with issues they cannot simply change.

Before I end this post, I wish to say that I realize this may not entirely be all that accurate, but I just wanted to share some thoughts of mine if that is okay.

So, with that said, what do you all think of this?

Top Bottom