• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(theory) cannibalize unwanted tracklists for expansion tracklists

flintconfirmed

Smash Apprentice
disclaimer!!
i don't know anything about coding, but this should be well thought out enough. all of this is purely theoretical but i'm p sure it would work. this is limited by exactly how many ex stages you even want, but this is v durable in this limitation

with standardtoaster's tracklist modifier, you can obviously swap tracklists around as much as you want and in general it doesn't risk crashing. and wiiztec wrote an amazing code to force any song or a number of songs to be played on whatever stage you want including ex stages and alt stages (yes, you can bascially load an entirely seperate tracklist for an alt stage) and it keeps the % chance of playing from my music.

with both of these, my idea is to take tracklists from stages that are unpopular, lets use port town aero dive for example. it has 12 songs. i would use the tracklist modifier to put big blue's 2 song list on port town, and this makes nothing load port town's list. now, you take wiiztec's alt stage song forcer code and have the stages you need tracklists for, point to 1, 2, 3 or etc number of songs from that tracklist. that makes that segment of port towns tracklist then completely that other stages "tracklist" seperate from the rest of port town's. (there is a lot of room for error here so you have to be thorough) you can then use the rest of the tracklist for other stages, in the same fashion. and then repeat this for any other tracklist you want to "cannibalize" into seperate tracklists.

now, to take it a step further, you should be able to use the tracklist modifier to actually point the ex stages to load the cannibalized tracklist, in order to let you load the ex stage in my music. my music loads a different metadata for track names than the stages, so you can even change my music to reflect which song in the cannibalized list actually goes to which stage.

please reply or DM me if you have any questions or if you test this, and use this thread to help make this a reality because honestly i don't have the time to learn and i think this idea can help a few of you out.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
disclaimer!!
i don't know anything about coding, but this should be well thought out enough. all of this is purely theoretical but i'm p sure it would work. this is limited by exactly how many ex stages you even want, but this is v durable in this limitation

with standardtoaster's tracklist modifier, you can obviously swap tracklists around as much as you want and in general it doesn't risk crashing. and wiiztec wrote an amazing code to force any song or a number of songs to be played on whatever stage you want including ex stages and alt stages (yes, you can bascially load an entirely seperate tracklist for an alt stage) and it keeps the % chance of playing from my music.

with both of these, my idea is to take tracklists from stages that are unpopular, lets use port town aero dive for example. it has 12 songs. i would use the tracklist modifier to put big blue's 2 song list on port town, and this makes nothing load port town's list. now, you take wiiztec's alt stage song forcer code and have the stages you need tracklists for, point to 1, 2, 3 or etc number of songs from that tracklist. that makes that segment of port towns tracklist then completely that other stages "tracklist" seperate from the rest of port town's. (there is a lot of room for error here so you have to be thorough) you can then use the rest of the tracklist for other stages, in the same fashion. and then repeat this for any other tracklist you want to "cannibalize" into seperate tracklists.

now, to take it a step further, you should be able to use the tracklist modifier to actually point the ex stages to load the cannibalized tracklist, in order to let you load the ex stage in my music. my music loads a different metadata for track names than the stages, so you can even change my music to reflect which song in the cannibalized list actually goes to which stage.

please reply or DM me if you have any questions or if you test this, and use this thread to help make this a reality because honestly i don't have the time to learn and i think this idea can help a few of you out.
Why don't you just use Pyotr's Custom Sound Engine code so you don't have to replace any tracks? That'd probably save you some effort. I have my build such that all of my alts have their own full soundtracks, song titles, and do not replace any of the music on other stages that I do not actually play on/have custom trax for.

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
Why don't you just use Pyotr's Custom Sound Engine code so you don't have to replace any tracks? That'd probably save you some effort. I have my build such that all of my alts have their own full soundtracks, song titles, and do not replace any of the music on other stages that I do not actually play on/have custom trax for.
But do they show up in My Music? That's the real question.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
But do they show up in My Music? That's the real question.
I don't use any expansion stages. But I'm pretty sure the tracklist modifier does not change how the trax show up in My Music in the way that it seems like you're wanting. And anything I've heard of involving that has also involved editing the Brawl save file, which is veeeeerry dangerous.

flintconfirmed

Smash Apprentice
no the tracklist mod doesn't change the way they show up in my music, you are correct. it points the stage to the tracklist. i didn't name it, i don't know why its not called tracklist swapper or something. i don't know anything about pyotr's codes, i've been on smash hiatus for more than a few months, possibly almost a year. and i might recall that happening recently but i haven't the time to check it out.

let me further explain what would happen if we point ex stage 1 and ex stage 2 to port towns music, and use wiiztecs code to "split" the tracklist.

firstly, both ex1 and ex2 in my music should point to port town's my music page. great! both of the stages will load all twelve songs on each stage, before we implement wiiztecs code. now, when we use wiiztecs alt stage song forcer code, we can point ex1 (and any alts it has) to load only the first six tracks from port towns music. we then point ex2 to load the remaining six, and what you end up with is: loading ex1 in game will pull from those 6 tracks, loading ex2 ingame will load the other 6, and opening up either ex1 or ex2 in my music will load the full 12 tracklist. my music loads different metadata than ingame, so you can title the first 6 something that identifies the stage, (titling it like idk MegamanStage - WheelGatorTheme) and the slider data will work for these tracks on ex stages.

basically i just feel like everyone is overlooking the possibilities wiiztec has presented with this code and why aren't people thinking outside of the box orz

Top Bottom